VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/20 Garden Room Competition Judging  (Read 21441 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 5/20 Garden Room Competition Judging
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2010, 01:57 PM »

What I still don't understand is why on earth these types of rooms were even included in the Community Judging portion.  If this is all because VFK is just too lazy to weed through all this stuff and now are making US do it, well that just ticks me off.  It takes ALOT of time to do 200 rooms!  And when you have to help a young player (my daughter) get through it all, well, it's just lousy.

OK, done my rant and off to get another cup of coffee!

.it  :coffee:  :coffee:

Well I do agree with ya .It.     :thumbs:

VFK first of all is in this bind (of being overwhelmed with entries), because THEY are the ones that have continually allowed a thousand clones per email account.  So now they have a huge mess that they can't ever clean up.  Not my problem.  It's difficult to feel sorry for them and what they have to go through with judging these rooms, when they have created it.  I'm harsh I know, my opinion though.  But now it almost seems like it's the "1 bad apple syndrome".  Just because of an abundance of icky rooms, we all get punished for it -- and judge them?  How is that fair.

Secondly, they get PAID to sit and judge these rooms, not me.   :P

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed seeing the majority of these rooms.  But, my time is worth something, and I'd rather be using it on how I want to, when it comes to room judging -- seeing rooms of players that have ACTUALLY TRIED, and gave a darn on what they put together.  Especially if I'm made to do that for a prize, or what most likely will be my participation effort prize.  I don't appreciate having to look at someone's storage rooms, cafe, pizzaria, or halloween room.  Yes, I came across a halloween room.  Give me a break -- theme is GARDEN people.

I'll give staff credit, when they actually give some of their players credit, and answer questions about their game.  Or hey, communicate for once, that would be epic.   ;)  Until then, I'll continue to call it like I see it as well. 

gosh I'm crabby.... 20 more rooms to go THANK YOU GOD!     :heat:     :crazy:

...and I agree with everything you just said.  :)

I knew when they said that anyone could enter a room that this was just putting themselves in an impossible position.  Like one of my earlier posts said here (before we found out WE'D be judging the rooms), it would probably take months for VFK to judge them all.  I'm confused as to why they didn't...AT THE LEAST...follow the same pattern as the ride competition.  VIP and non-VIP.  Like you said, Astro:  this was their own doing.  Clones rule the game...not players.  Sadly, VFK staff is outnumbered compared to clones/players by an astronomical amount.  So the judging falls to us...as if we have the time after spending all the time MAKING the rooms, then keeping up with all the other stuff they got going on.  Sheesh. 

One thing I found interesting:  my judging changed as I judged more rooms.  So rooms I judged first probably would have gotten a different score once I had 'practice'.   Not that we were told what to look for or anything...  :hmm:

Personally, I think they had things planned out like this months ago.  Sigh...

(hugs) and hoping those last 20 go fast for ya.  Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll all be empty or storage ;)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:00 PM by flamanar »

Tigerbella

• Or maybe I just watched too much tv as a kid...
    I love LAG.. I build for it
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2010, 04:39 PM »

Well I finished my two hundred rooms yesterday, finally!  Woohoo!  (My DH may talk to me again some day...rofl)

After going back and looking at the rooms we posted I realize I did see at least six of the nobser's rooms.
I saw Princess's, King's (I am still laughing at the mowed grass), Purple Duck's, Golden Gourd's, Funfly's and Fishi's.  However, I never got to judge Princess's, drat it.  She had a ten and ten in my book! :)

As to judging, I think I was pretty consistent throughout, or TRIED to be. lol  I did take into consideration all of the kids who must have made rooms, and the hardest part for me was just remembering the smaller rooms still could be a ten as well as a big room!  I think I had one or two ten of tens, in the big rooms,and maybe one small ten of ten.  (Not going back over that list though to find out) ;)

But, I do still stand by my earlier words, I am SO glad that I didn't have to judge ALL of the rooms that were entered!  Yes, this judging did give me a real strong idea of what it must be like to be staff. lol  And, yes I do appreciate the hard work and decisions they have to do and make in these competitions. ;) Especially after having seen so many of the empty or nearly empty rooms I visited.  :laugh2: I must say those really made the extraordinary rooms stand out! lol

Now did they have an award for most monies spent on this competition by chance?  I surely think I deserve that award!  :rofl1:

Kim

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2010, 05:22 PM »

I'm still working on the judging with Funfly. But, I just had to share this one with you all.  The room I had to judge turned out to be the forest wilderness (which is fine); however it had space walls in it with the description i being: "Sherrif office/jail....this is a jail for a crimanal. It has prison cells and even a visitng center."   :sur: :P Not a single flower!  :td:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:38 PM by funfly »

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2010, 06:50 PM »

I'm still working on the judging with Funfly. But, I just had to share this one with you all.  The room I had to judge turned out to be the forest wilderness (which is fine); however it had space walls in it with the description i being: "Sherrif office/jail....this is a jail for a crimanal. It has prison cells and even a visitng center."   :sur: :P Not a single flower!  :td:

Sound like a lovely garden.  NOT.  :td:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2010, 07:12 PM »

That was the first room that did not have a single flower, while I was judging.  Kinda cool layout, but not for a garden contest. It was my first 1/1 vote (for not having a zero to use).
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up