VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/20 Garden Room Competition Judging  (Read 21440 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 5/20 Garden Room Competition Judging
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2010, 12:53 PM »

Doing more rooms today.  Lots of grass and dirt.  ROFL

I did want to get a ruling on teleporters.  I know some lead back to the same room, but I've had several that took me to different rooms.  Here is VFKs response to my help report about that:

"Thank you for your report.  If the teleporter which exits the room is an integral part of the theme, not related to a ride, you can use your discretion.    However, the judging should be based on the room that is entered."

There you have it.  Just the first room is judged.  Kindof not completely happy with their response.  I feel that if someone didn't follow the rules, they should be disqualified.

Also, someone came across a room that had the quest snail in it.  That prize came out after the time for building your room had passed...  :hmmmm:

FLAME  <<--- :notme:

I think many of these players didn't know that the Grand Garden room scrolls or extends.  They left off, where the screen ended, before scrolling.   :lolg:   Too cute.  So, LOADS of dirt to see.

Anyway, I have say bravo to whatever you are doing, Flame to get a response from VFK.   :thumbs:   I get nadda, zippo, nothing, from anything I send.    :laugh2:

Also, with regards to the quest snail being in a room ... I had heard that contest rooms are not completely locked down.  Meaning, you can a) remove any item in the room, by using the Item List, then Store.  b) You can still place items in the room, just not move them around.    Nice lock down huh?   :hmm:    not cool
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2010, 01:07 PM »

I think many of these players didn't know that the Grand Garden room scrolls or extends.  They left off, where the screen ended, before scrolling.   :lolg:   Too cute.  So, LOADS of dirt to see.

Anyway, I have say bravo to whatever you are doing, Flame to get a response from VFK.   :thumbs:   I get nadda, zippo, nothing, from anything I send.    :laugh2:

Also, with regards to the quest snail being in a room ... I had heard that contest rooms are not completely locked down.  Meaning, you can a) remove any item in the room, by using the Item List, then Store.  b) You can still place items in the room, just not move them around.    Nice lock down huh?   :hmm:    not cool

I does seem that way about the scrolling rooms.  But I think they were just lazy.  Anyone who builds to the edge will get the room to scroll, I think.  I also noticed some people had outlined the entire room (including the empty parts) in flowers.  LOL

A response?  I slip them $30 a month  :laugh2:

Not locked rooms = completely not cool.  I heard about that.  I also noticed that ALL rooms were locked for a while the other night.  LOL.  VFK needs to iron out some bugs before the next competition.  I say disqualify those who altered their rooms after the cutoff.  But I'm strict when it comes to rules ;)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2010, 01:15 PM »

A response?  I slip them $30 a month  :laugh2:

Ooooh!  We have a new board "Sugar Daddy"   :wavet:   :wavet:    woot woot!    jk   ;)

Not sure if the room will scroll, if you just stand and place items from where you enter though, that might be part of the problem.   :hmmmm:     and yep, I agree with everything else you said.   :thumb:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2010, 01:20 PM »

Ooooh!  We have a new board "Sugar Daddy"   :wavet:   :wavet:    woot woot!    jk   ;)

Not sure if the room will scroll, if you just stand and place items from where you enter though, that might be part of the problem.   :hmmmm:     and yep, I agree with everything else you said.   :thumb:

LOL too funny  :roflmao: :rofl1:

True about placing items, too.  They might not have walked there...so the room didn't scroll.  Others were easy to tell they'd been 'explored' by the owner. lol

Can't wait till I'm done this.  Blech.  Seen alot of great rooms.  Some REALLY awful ones, too.  Many times I really have NO IDEA what to rate a room!  It's half awesome and half awful.  Hate that...

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2010, 01:24 PM »

I dc so often, and I must admit I am pleased with VFK's handling of that.  When you come back on, and click the "Next Room", it drops you off at the room you were judging!  Kudos for that VFK  :thumb:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2010, 01:27 PM »

I dc so often, and I must admit I am pleased with VFK's handling of that.  When you come back on, and click the "Next Room", it drops you off at the room you were judging!  Kudos for that VFK  :thumb:

Agree 100%  Glad they took the time to address that issue.  I haven't DC'ed yet, but with alot of people, it will be inevitable.  +1 kudo from Flame ;)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 01:27 PM »

Sssshhh, just don't tell GAS.   :-X    he's the vanished "Sugar Daddy" as of late, dunno where he's been hiding at.      :waveh:  GAS  

I know what you mean... The half hour I spent earlier today, I've seen an Easter storage room, tons of unopened Easter baskets.  Nothing else really bad to speak of though.

I dc so often, and I must admit I am pleased with VFK's handling of that.  When you come back on, and click the "Next Room", it drops you off at the room you were judging!  Kudos for that VFK  :thumb:

Agree.  Even if you of course log off, you start off right where you left off, which is nice.   :2thunbs:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2010, 01:35 PM »

hmmmm....Sugar Daddy....I got to 'rate' .It's room  :shy:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 02:02 PM »

hmmmm....Sugar Daddy....I got to 'rate' .It's room  :shy:

Hmm again.. I got to rate Flame's room!  (Oh, sugar daddy..)

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2010, 04:27 PM »

Aww, I wanna see more.

...Oh wait, I entered Quilter too. Yay!
-PotOfGoldWench

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2010, 06:11 PM »

Aww, I wanna see more.

I got to judge Quilter's room also! Woot!  :clapping:

Thanks for posting the pic also Gold! Nice to know we'll actually be given a message when we're done.

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2010, 08:28 PM »

The main problem I see is that the majority of the players in VFK are kids (IMHO).  I'm not sure how many will take this seriously, but I imagine it will be a small percentage of the total.  Most people are doing a quick and dirty judging of a room and moving on in order to get the prizes. 

I'm walking through each room entirely (if I can get through it). Took a TON of clicking around in order just to enter the room.  Some people obviously didn't test their rooms.  After awhile, alot of the rooms are looking similar.

LOL, saw a room that was in the big garden room, but only the front part (near the entrance) was decorated with some flowers.  The rest of the room was bare.  I guess they thought staff would just drop in and rate the room and not go through the entire room.  :doh:  :lolg:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2010, 08:39 PM »

You know you've done too much judging when you stand up, take a step, and the room scrolls in real  :sur:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2010, 08:53 PM »

You know you've done too much judging when you stand up, take a step, and the room scrolls in real  :sur:

ROTFLMAO, I hear ya!  :lolp:

Aww, I wanna see more.

Gold, do you get this message after 50 rooms?  I thought you had to rate 50 for every prize shown on the homepage.

But I think they were just lazy.  Anyone who builds to the edge will get the room to scroll, I think.  I also noticed some people had outlined the entire room (including the empty parts) in flowers.  LOL

LOL, my Mom's person's room was built all the way to the edge to flow with the room cause it looks strange if it stops right before the edge.  She made sure it went all the way over so she isn't lazy.  LOL!  :lolg:

I feel that if someone didn't follow the rules, they should be disqualified. Also, someone came across a room that had the quest snail in it.  That prize came out after the time for building your room had passed...

I agree that this is not cool!  My Mom placed her last rock a second before the contest closed and hasn't touched it since cause it says that was the end.  It isn't fair if it isn't completely locked down.

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2010, 08:59 PM »

Aww, I wanna see more.

Gold, do you get this message after 50 rooms?  I thought you had to rate 50 for every prize shown on the homepage.

Never mine, I must have missed the limit on the homepage or not remembered reading it (The maximum number of rooms you can judge is limited to only 200.).

Wow, you judge alot of rooms already Gold!  :heat:  :)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2010, 10:39 PM »

Wait, wait, did someone say...SUGAR DADDY???!!!???  :lolg:  :yes!:

Oh, and Golden, I laughed so hard when I read your comment about King. Yep, I hung a picture of his party room in front of his forehead to keep him motivated.  :rofl1: >:D

I have much more judging to do, I am thinking I will be seeing lots of umm...dirt... :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:

Our daughter is taking this very serious and it is making me giggle. She went into one room which was a pizzeria and she said aloud, "This is a pizza cafe...Use of garden theme...zero".  :lolg: I look forward to seeing more gardens and I'm sure I will also look forward to seeing the "completed" sign.  :thumb:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2010, 04:37 AM »

Wait, wait, did someone say...SUGAR DADDY???!!!???  :lolg:  :yes!:

Oh, and Golden, I laughed so hard when I read your comment about King. Yep, I hung a picture of his party room in front of his forehead to keep him motivated.  :rofl1: >:D

I have much more judging to do, I am thinking I will be seeing lots of umm...dirt... :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:

Our daughter is taking this very serious and it is making me giggle. She went into one room which was a pizzeria and she said aloud, "This is a pizza cafe...Use of garden theme...zero".  :lolg: I look forward to seeing more gardens and I'm sure I will also look forward to seeing the "completed" sign.  :thumb:

I saw the same pizzeria as your daughter...when I saw it my first reaction was " :??: pizzeria??? where's the garden??? "

Juding rooms:  glad we have the chance to do this.  But when VFK doesn't really set much in writing to know exactly what to judge other than: "Overall Rating" and "Use of garden theme" - I wonder what the definitions for their Overall Rating.  Ah well, it gives me much freedom in my opinion then.

As I've been going through rooms and judging I try to look and see if it might be a kid that built.  If so, they are given a plus or so for that.  Even if I see alot of dirt and it looks like they at least thought about a layout/plan and tried to achieve that with little amount of items/credits they are getting a higher score than others who just threw stuff in random.  I've been walking the 'entire' room view of these Grand Garden rooms to see if there are some "hidden treasure corners" there - some have and I'm glad I made the effort.

Some smaller rooms or grand garden rooms with very little items are getting good/better scores from me if I can see "real" effort was made even with little in it or a mix of items they might have had on hand.  

Trying to judge what I think might be an adult with lots of credits/items and time allowed on computer versus a kid who goes to school most of the day, does not "know" how to do extra spares to get credits/items and  not a member receiving credits and may be limited to computer time due to parent's rules.   Not surprising me is that some of these little filled rooms but with effort and thought are getting almost as good or just as good a score as some of the really terrific rooms.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 05:57 AM by funfly »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up