VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting : $10 Membership Information  (Read 24805 times)

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
Interesting : $10 Membership Information
« on: January 10, 2009, 11:11 PM »

*3-17-09 Editing this to add that it seems the monthly membership charges have been coming out of peoples' accounts on a monthly basis since January or so. This may affect your decision with the purchase. We will try to call for more info.

Princess and I just wanted to pass along some information to our NoBS friends with all of these really great members items being released this month. For those not wanting to drop a big chunk of change for a Founders membership, the one month $9.95 option may be a good choice. The one month membership does not begin until the game goes Gold and you will receive all of this months member items. We got a one month membership for the kids today, so I can tell everyone what came with that $9.95 purchase.

-30,000 credits
-receive 1,000 daily credits at log in
-IM feature
-Snowy Victorian Room
-Crystal Snowman
-Ice Dancer Music Box

***We called VFK to do the transactions and found out horses are being given out with even the monthly VIP memberships if you join this month.

We just wanted to pass this along in case anyone might be interested in some of the above items/benefits but not want to spend the $$ for the Founders Memberships at this time.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 04:09 PM by PrincessWendyBird »

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
Re: Interesting : $10 Membership Information
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 08:23 AM »

I signed up at the end of October to get all the cool Halloween costumes and was pleasantly surprised that my membership has continued all this time.  Also, my credit card was charged in Austrailian dollars--even with a small foreign transaction fee my charge was under $7 for the membership!
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

Cawa

• I have been on and off all day
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 09:44 AM »

Wow!  That is great information!  Thanks for passing that along! :wavet:
Go Angels! :angel:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 10:08 AM »

are the Australian memberships getting anything different. Not sure if I should sign up for a month with them :) ok and what is different from the welcome kit and the month kit thanks
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 03:25 PM »

Wow ~ Great Information!  Thanks for passing along King!    :2thunbs:

Especially, since not all of what you get for your $9.95 purchase is really advertised, from what I could tell I the VFK website.

I signed up at the end of October to get all the cool Halloween costumes and was pleasantly surprised that my membership has continued all this time.  Also, my credit card was charged in Austrailian dollars--even with a small foreign transaction fee my charge was under $7 for the membership!

I have to agree with wdwdreamin too, in that when I bought into the Australian Founder Membership a month ago, because of the Australian dollar exchange rate, the membership ended up being less too.   :thumb:    It's also nice that none of these memberships options will start to countdown to an expiration date, until the game goes Gold too.

are the Australian memberships getting anything different. Not sure if I should sign up for a month with them :) ok and what is different from the welcome kit and the month kit thanks

As far as the Welcome Kits, I am assuming this is a real item - that has not been shipped yet??  (I remember checking something off when ordering, if I wanted this or not.  I opted yes, but haven't received anything yet)   So I don't have any clue as to what this is or what a difference might be?

Australian Memberships get the following, as opposed to the monthly membership options:

50,000 credits  vs.  30,000 credits
3 months of membership comes with this package  vs.  the one month
20 family accounts  vs.  10 family accounts
VIP Pin (in game)   both get this from what I can tell

Sydney High Rise Apartment room (in game)  -  only Australian Membership

** Each family member under the Australian Membership receives:  **

Akubra Hat (in game)
Didgeridoo  (in game)
Man from Snowy River Membership Pin  (in game)

~~  Real Items for Australian Membership  ~~

Boomerang
Aussie Founder T-Shirt
Australian VIP Pin
Copy of the Legend of the Man from Snowy River

Hope this helps!   Feel free to add anything I might have missed anyone  :waveh:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 04:03 PM »

ok so no horse for australian just the regular.? I want to get a horse for a friend want ot make sure I get my dollars worth rofl

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 06:51 PM »

ok so no horse for australian just the regular.? I want to get a horse for a friend want ot make sure I get my dollars worth rofl

Yes, you do get a Horse with the Australian Package too.  You receive the Australian Brumby Horse, I believe a different horse than the original Founder's Package, and possibly different than the monthly membership too.  VFK states on their Membership information "Your very own brumby with stable room - the only horse able to take you on an adventure in the rugged Australian Outback."

Maybe Princess or King can clarify for us what horse exactly comes with the monthly membership options for this month?  I'm not sure.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 08:17 PM »

Wow, Astro, you really covered everything! Woot!  :wavet: The Brumby horse was what the kids have from the monthly. It did come with the stable and the paddock rooms.

I just love horses. These remind me of when I was a little girl and I used to have a "plan" to save my allowance to purchase and board a horse of my own. Of course I had big dreams and a little piggy bank, but I was one of those girls with horse everything. We had family friends who had horses and I would do anything to get to spend time with the horses. I would help brush them, feed them, clean their hooves, and yep - I even enjoyed cleaning the "duty" out of the stable if it meant getting to ride.

That is one of my goals to get some of this nerve damage reversed in my feet. I want to be able to get back on a horse again. But, until then I can ride through VFK. If you look closely at your character when you are on the horse, the head and body move like when you are actually riding. very Cool!  :thumb:

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 09:03 PM »

:lolg: :lolp: Princess...  You said Duty!  :lolg: :lolp:
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 05:27 AM »

Wow!  Sounds cool!  I can swing $10  :)

Before I sign up, let me just clarify a couple of things.  What I'm most interested in is credits (I'm so tired of being "poor" and not being able to buy everything that gets released) and the ability to buy the member clothes that are available in the stores.  For $10, would I receive both of those things?  I personally don't care about anything else, but credits (money) and clothes  :dance2:

Thanks for posting, King!

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 08:15 PM »

Wow!  Sounds cool!  I can swing $10  :)

Before I sign up, let me just clarify a couple of things.  What I'm most interested in is credits (I'm so tired of being "poor" and not being able to buy everything that gets released) and the ability to buy the member clothes that are available in the stores.  For $10, would I receive both of those things?  I personally don't care about anything else, but credits (money) and clothes  :dance2:

Thanks for posting, King!

Yep Pink - Credits and Clothing are a part of the deal. When the kids signed up they got 30,000 credits initially and they get 1,000 credits a day upon sign in. They also now have access to members clothing. I think Gold is still a bit away, so for now this is a good way to get member benefits until then.  :thumb:

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 11:57 AM »

Thanks, Princess!  I'm going to sign up right now!  :)

(Husband FINALLY got a job!!!  Woohoo!  But sad thing is... we'll be moving to Virginia)

lisuhut

• When is a queue not a queue?
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 11:35 AM »

Hi
Ok old lady ,stupid question, but i do not see the founders membership ,only the Auatralian one.
So would i still get the snowman ,globe and house with this membership?
Is it for one month only, they wont take money every month?
Like i say old lady, stupid questions, but help needed please.
Thank you

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 12:18 PM »

Yes and No. You pay $10.00 now and do not start paying monthly until they go gold then you can cancel. That is what King and Princess are plaing to do with there kids. Just go on one family account. Or incase you were wondering yes you can belong to one than one family. So if you decide to do this till gold (which means no more testing) then you are still in mine. So I would go for it. To just get that horse :)

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 10:48 AM »

Okay, I gave in and signed up for the $10 family membership. I've added my daughter's character as a member of the family. When I logged into her character (getting her caught up on the epic quests, she doesn't have her fairy/mermaid/wolf magic), and then went to buy her a blue gown, it said she couldn't because she wasn't a member. Now do family members that aren't the main account NOT have membership to buy the member only specials?! Now it is letting her do the epic quests, which at least the mermaid one says members only, so I'm guessing it does recognize her membership at least at some level. Before I send a message to the blackhole connact us, I thought I would check and see if it is something her character should be able to do? Or do I have to buy everything and trade it to her? If I do, will she be able to even take it and wear it?
-PotOfGoldWench

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 10:58 AM »

Princess and I just wanted to pass along some information to our NoBS friends with all of these really great members items being released this month. For those not wanting to drop a big chunk of change for a Founders membership, the one month $9.95 option may be a good choice. The one month membership does not begin until the game goes Gold and you will receive all of this months member items. We got a one month membership for the kids today, so I can tell everyone what came with that $9.95 purchase.

-30,000 credits
-receive 1,000 daily credits at log in
-IM feature
-Snowy Victorian Room
-Crystal Snowman
-Ice Dancer Music Box

***We called VFK to do the transactions and found out horses are being given out with even the monthly VIP memberships if you join this month.

We just wanted to pass this along in case anyone might be interested in some of the above items/benefits but not want to spend the $$ for the Founders Memberships at this time.

Okay, I signed up yesterday, through the website for the 1mth family. It did give my character the credits, Victorian room, Crystal snowman, music box, but nothing about a horse. I don't know if that is something that would come when it goes Gold or not, but nothing was mentioned in any of the transactions or responses. And I see that just the main account holder gets these, not the added family members. Too bad, would have liked the stuff for kid's character too, but not enough to get her a seperate account hehe. Incidently, no email confirming purchase was received, just the when I logged on with the character the message I had received the room & items.
-PotOfGoldWench

lisuhut

• When is a queue not a queue?
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 11:35 AM »

Hi
Everybody seems to be getting different things ,not all seem to be getting the horses.
What worries me is i have e-mailed three times over the past week, for them to explain what i would be getting, and they have not replied. So why would i give money to people that can not be bothered to reply to a question about membership, and no i can not phone as i live in the uk , and could buy a real horse for the price of the phone call. lol
I am a little upset about not getting a reply, so at the moment i am still pondering about going ahead.
Thanks to those who have helped with some of my questions anyway.  :??:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up