VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting : $10 Membership Information  (Read 24808 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: Interesting : $10 Membership Information
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 11:59 AM »

Okay, I gave in and signed up for the $10 family membership. I've added my daughter's character as a member of the family. When I logged into her character (getting her caught up on the epic quests, she doesn't have her fairy/mermaid/wolf magic), and then went to buy her a blue gown, it said she couldn't because she wasn't a member. Now do family members that aren't the main account NOT have membership to buy the member only specials?! Now it is letting her do the epic quests, which at least the mermaid one says members only, so I'm guessing it does recognize her membership at least at some level. Before I send a message to the blackhole connact us, I thought I would check and see if it is something her character should be able to do? Or do I have to buy everything and trade it to her? If I do, will she be able to even take it and wear it?

I believe this is correct.  Only the MAIN ACCOUNT HOLDER on a Membership can purchase the Members Only Items.  However, they can trade them to family members - and the family members can use the items.  So it does sound like you being the main account holder will need to buy the items and trade them to her.  She will then be able to wear them.

Members only items will not even show in a trade window to a non-member.

Hope that helps?  I know it's not an answer you want to hear, but I do believe that is correct.

Below is a previous post from Princess explaining just that.  When the Members Tab did first come out  (Since then it has changed to where we can all see the Members Only Items - we just can't buy them.

I am going to try to post pictures when I get a chance. It looks like only the one member account can shop on this tab. Family members can not see the items or purchase them. We tried trading the items. They were tradeable to people who are a member of a family, but I could not trade to someone who was not a member or family member. So it would seem you have to be a member account or family member to be able to trade the items.  :waveb:

More to come later tonight or tomorrow...
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 12:07 PM »

Princess and I just wanted to pass along some information to our NoBS friends with all of these really great members items being released this month. For those not wanting to drop a big chunk of change for a Founders membership, the one month $9.95 option may be a good choice. The one month membership does not begin until the game goes Gold and you will receive all of this months member items. We got a one month membership for the kids today, so I can tell everyone what came with that $9.95 purchase.

-30,000 credits
-receive 1,000 daily credits at log in
-IM feature
-Snowy Victorian Room
-Crystal Snowman
-Ice Dancer Music Box

***We called VFK to do the transactions and found out horses are being given out with even the monthly VIP memberships if you join this month.

We just wanted to pass this along in case anyone might be interested in some of the above items/benefits but not want to spend the $$ for the Founders Memberships at this time.

Okay, I signed up yesterday, through the website for the 1mth family. It did give my character the credits, Victorian room, Crystal snowman, music box, but nothing about a horse. I don't know if that is something that would come when it goes Gold or not, but nothing was mentioned in any of the transactions or responses. And I see that just the main account holder gets these, not the added family members. Too bad, would have liked the stuff for kid's character too, but not enough to get her a seperate account hehe. Incidently, no email confirming purchase was received, just the when I logged on with the character the message I had received the room & items.

Wow ~ I don't know what to say about the horse issue??  I'm as confused as you.   :??:   I personally purchased the Australian Membership, so I won't be of any help with the Monthly Membership Options. 

Hopefully Princess and King can clarify exactly when horses and stables are given out to folks that purchased one of the Monthly VIP Plans.

As far as the room, snowglobe and crystal snowman - yes, those were only again given to the Main Account Holder, and not awarded to each family member.  The only difference here is that with one of the Founder Plans (Original Beta or Australian) - each family member got some virtual items too  (examples:  silver spinner, didgeridoo, pins, Akubra hat).

Hi
Everybody seems to be getting different things ,not all seem to be getting the horses.
What worries me is i have e-mailed three times over the past week, for them to explain what i would be getting, and they have not replied. So why would i give money to people that can not be bothered to reply to a question about membership, and no i can not phone as i live in the uk , and could buy a real horse for the price of the phone call. lol
I am a little upset about not getting a reply, so at the moment i am still pondering about going ahead.
Thanks to those who have helped with some of my questions anyway.  :??:

Sounds like you didn't get the horse either.  Hopefully Princess and King will have some information. 

I think Pink might have bought into this Monthly membership too, maybe she can let us know if she ever got a horse either?? 

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 01:36 PM »

I believe this is correct.  Only the MAIN ACCOUNT HOLDER on a Membership can purchase the Members Only Items.  However, they can trade them to family members - and the family members can use the items.  So it does sound like you being the main account holder will need to buy the items and trade them to her.  She will then be able to wear them.

Members only items will not even show in a trade window to a non-member.

Hope that helps?  I know it's not an answer you want to hear, but I do believe that is correct.

Below is a previous post from Princess explaining just that.  When the Members Tab did first come out  (Since then it has changed to where we can all see the Members Only Items - we just can't buy them.

Okay, great. Thank you that does help. As long as her character can use them and receive them in trade, we can do it that way. I figured I would be buying most of it on my character anyways, Mom is always the one with the money, hehe.
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

TikiTangaroaRu

• Philharmagic Chair
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 02:09 PM »

It took a couple of days to get my horse when I signed up for the monthly $10 membership, I don't know if that is normal or not.

I signed up on monday and got the snowglobe, snowman, etc. right then, but no horse or horse related rooms.  I didn't have them yesterday either.  But today the stable and paddock rooms appeared in my room list, with the brumby horse waiting in the stable.  There wasn't a popup or anything, it just appeared.  :)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 03:29 PM »

Curious...I might have missed the answer somewhere.

If you are a family member and have clothing items only for members.....and/or
If you are main account member and have clothing, horses, etc...

What happens when you might not be a member(family or main account) any longer? Are you able to still wear the clothes? Are you still able to ride the horse?

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 04:21 PM »

OK I will try to answer a few things here. Princess is still not feeling well - hopefully she will be back around soon.

-Astro is correct, only the main account holder can buy member items and only they get the snow globe, horse, etc. Family members can be traded any member clothing and can wear or trade with main account holders or anyone who is a family member.

-Tiki, the same thing happened with the monthly account for us. On one account the horse stable and horse showed up pretty quickly but on the other it took until the next day. There won't be a pop up about the horse, just look in your room list for the stable and paddock rooms and your horse will be waiting for you in the stable.

-Fun, it has been our understanding that once memberships expire, you will still keep any member items you received and will still be able to wear member clothing you already have. I am guessing that includes your horse. What will stop is daily credits, IM, and access to member specials and monthly member items. I don't know if that will change later, but for now that is how we understand it to work.

Hope this answers any questions. Also, if anyone has any questions I would use the HELP button in game rather than contact us. This is not like VMK and they encourage you to use the HELP button in this way. We have found they respond very quickly

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 05:27 PM »

Thank-you for taking the time to update us all King - much appreciated!   :2thunbs:

Princess, I do hope you are feeling better soon.   :hug:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 06:33 PM »

Thanks King!  :bighug:

Hope Princess is feeling better soon!  :bighug:

goldengourd

• Bat Magic
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 01:06 PM »

Okay, I signed up yesterday, through the website for the 1mth family. It did give my character the credits, Victorian room, Crystal snowman, music box, but nothing about a horse. I don't know if that is something that would come when it goes Gold or not, but nothing was mentioned in any of the transactions or responses. And I see that just the main account holder gets these, not the added family members. Too bad, would have liked the stuff for kid's character too, but not enough to get her a seperate account hehe. Incidently, no email confirming purchase was received, just the when I logged on with the character the message I had received the room & items.

WOOT! Signed in today, and there's a stable,paddock and horse! Thanks VFK! Now if I can just figure out how to take care of it, ride it, etc......
-PotOfGoldWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 09:39 AM »

WOOT! Signed in today, and there's a stable,paddock and horse! Thanks VFK! Now if I can just figure out how to take care of it, ride it, etc......

Awesome news!  Thanks for the update!   :thumb:

SleepingBeth

• Please use tinypic so I can see it at work.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 12:02 PM »

I hope this hasn't been asked already...but if I get the family deal, will my son be able to use the horse if mine is the main account?

Thanks for all the useful info everyone!   :thumb:
I know my signature is holidayish but I like it so I'm keeping it. :)

Disney Dreams

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 01:14 PM »

I hope this hasn't been asked already...but if I get the family deal, will my son be able to use the horse if mine is the main account?

Thanks for all the useful info everyone!   :thumb:

The horses are not items, so they cannot be traded.  Only the character that "owns" the horse can ride it.

SleepingBeth

• Please use tinypic so I can see it at work.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 08:48 PM »

Thanks...I think
I know my signature is holidayish but I like it so I'm keeping it. :)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 11:26 AM »

been 4 days and still no other horse how long should I wwait to contacting them. I still have my other horse.

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2009, 01:21 PM »

been 4 days and still no other horse how long should I wwait to contacting them. I still have my other horse.

Belle:  My personal opinion on this is to contact them via email at:  support@virtualfamilykingdom.com

I did get a response fairly quickly when I had to use this email to get my password changed.  So, someone is reading these emails and responding.

Although using the Help Button in game seems like an okay option, not sure it would work well for this issue.  Chances are they will just tell you to email instead.  If you do use the Help button in game, I would follow up with an email too.   :thumbs:

Good Luck!  And let us know if you got a response.

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2009, 03:42 PM »

I think Pink might have bought into this Monthly membership too, maybe she can let us know if she ever got a horse either?? 

Sorry!   Just saw this... Yes, I received my horse within a few days of joining.  It just appeared - no pop-up or anything...

I do have a question though regarding the membership.  I was under the impression that I would not be billed until VFK entered "Gold" stage.... whatever that is....  :)  But I've already received three $9.95 charges on my credit card.  Is anyone else being billed?  I can't decide if I should cancel or not...  I kind of got addicted to those shopping credits :) :) :)

goldengourd

• Bat Magic
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2009, 03:45 PM »

Yes, on the monthly membership, I was already being billed, well, monthly. As it was only rumor that we won't be billed until gold, not VFK's word, I kinda was expecting it.
-PotOfGoldWench
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up