VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting : $10 Membership Information  (Read 24806 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Re: Interesting : $10 Membership Information
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 04:05 PM »

This is interesting. When I read this, I looked and King said we have also been charged for January, February, and March. We did not know that was going to happen either. Like you, Pink, we have gotten spoiled with credits and cool member items. The kids have Florida grandparents who wanted to pay for their memberships so they could see them in game, so that is good. OK, back to hurry up and wait for the ride event!  :lolg:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2009, 07:26 PM »

I have not yet been charged again but I haven't seen this months statement yet.  Was it somewhere in the terms that it would be ongoing?  Or is that maybe something new for those who signed up more recently and got the horse?
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2009, 07:31 PM »

I have not yet been charged again but I haven't seen this months statement yet.  Was it somewhere in the terms that it would be ongoing?  Or is that maybe something new for those who signed up more recently and got the horse?

Wondering if you may be right, dreamin - We joined in January with the horses, etc.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2009, 07:41 PM »

Ok if we want to cancel our monthly membership do we email them. Since I do not need 2 memberships :) I will keep my yearly. Just want ot know what the procedure is.

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2009, 08:50 PM »

Ok if we want to cancel our monthly membership do we email them. Since I do not need 2 memberships :) I will keep my yearly. Just want ot know what the procedure is.

Hey Belle,

King and I were just thinking you might want to try sending them this question through the "Help" button in game. That seems to be the best way to communicate with them without calling. If you don't get a clear answer, we can call and ask them.  :)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2009, 11:02 PM »

Ugh.  Talked to Gale today about this same topic since we bought 2 One Month memberships last month.  We had a friend that we talked to last night that said they had bought a couple of those and were being charged every month for them.

Even though the last couple pages of the signup for that membership state "One Month", it's a monthly membership that will continue until cancelled by the member.  Every month will be another $9.95 charge per account.  To cancel, Gale said to send an email to support@virtualfamilykingdom.com (with your membership number if possible...).  There is no mention on their site that it is a continuous membership...that will continue to be charged to your CC account each month until it is cancelled by the purchaser.  It does say 'Monthly' on the "Memberships" tab of the homepage.  Whatever.  We're probably gonna keep our 2 new accounts...until we change our minds.  :sur: lol.

It's disturbing that they don't make the purchaser aware that they are agreeing to have their CC card charged $9.95 a month until cancelled by purchaser...or even how to cancel it.

I asked Gale what we'd lose if we cancelled our accounts (daily credits? family accounts?  members only stuff? etc.)...and she wasn't really sure at all.  They're still working out the details and haven't informed her of them yet...   :??:

Methinks they're gonna be getting alot of upset people calling soon wanting to know why their CCs have been charged multiple times for a one month membership... :arg:

Flamanar
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 11:12 PM by flamanar »

Pink

• Gosh, we STILL haven't learned our lesson, have we?
  • Snowman Magic
  • I'm young! I'm young! Flame thinks I'm young!
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2009, 07:06 AM »

Wondering if you may be right, dreamin - We joined in January with the horses, etc.

Same here.  I joined in January after reading the thread here.  Wasn't expecting multiple charges... wasn't even expecting ONE charge yet, LOL!  Thought I had until Gold stage before I'd get hit for money.  I seriously need to decide whether I want to cancel or not.  That's $120/year.  Don't they have a yearly membership for $79 or something like that?

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2009, 10:08 AM »

Same here.  I joined in January after reading the thread here.  Wasn't expecting multiple charges... wasn't even expecting ONE charge yet, LOL!  Thought I had until Gold stage before I'd get hit for money.  I seriously need to decide whether I want to cancel or not.  That's $120/year.  Don't they have a yearly membership for $79 or something like that?

Wow!  That is disturbing news for sure!  So sorry you all have this to deal with.  Especially, if it wasn't noted anywhere that there would be automatic billing.   :uhuh2:   :(     

I'm wondering what will happen with the people that bought the Australian Founder's Package?  It comes with 3 months VIP Pass Membership.  But, if there is going to be automatic billing -- how is VFK supposed to know if we want 1, 6 or 12 months from now on??   :??: 

Pink:  I found this.  It would appear they are giving a price break at the 6 & 12 month packages.  You are correct, $79.95 for the 12 months -- unless their website is not correct.

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2009, 10:21 AM »

Wow!  That is disturbing news for sure!  So sorry you all have this to deal with.  Especially, if it wasn't noted anywhere that there would be automatic billing.   :uhuh2:   :(     

I'm wondering what will happen with the people that bought the Australian Founder's Package?  It comes with 3 months VIP Pass Membership.  But, if there is going to be automatic billing -- how is VFK supposed to know if we want 1, 6 or 12 months from now on??   :??: 

Pink:  I found this.  It would appear they are giving a price break at the 6 & 12 month packages.  You are correct, $79.95 for the 12 months -- unless their website is not correct.

When I talked to Gale a few weeks ago and asked about when the Beta and Aussie memberships expire, she said they were working on a way to notify ppl who purchased them that their membership was getting ready to expire, and give them options to choose from as far as renewing them.  She wasn't sure if the notification would be by email or not. 

They're still working on all the membership details...which is upsetting.  She has no idea WHEN the memberships will start (if they haven't already)...but I think that the idea that they wouldn't start until Gold was only a rumor.  Hold onto your wallets...it might be a bumpy ride...

We're still torn with the 2 monthly memberships we purchased.  We do get an extra 1,000 credits, 10 more family accounts and an extra members-only item (i.e., parrot, chalkboard) each month by having the 2 memberships....but the 6-month and Yearly memberships are much cheaper.  You also get an extra "welcome kit" with each of those as well.  Sigh.  I hope this gets worked out soon...

Flamanar

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2009, 10:31 AM »

When I talked to Gale a few weeks ago and asked about when the Beta and Aussie memberships expire, she said they were working on a way to notify ppl who purchased them that their membership was getting ready to expire, and give them options to choose from as far as renewing them.  She wasn't sure if the notification would be by email or not. 

They're still working on all the membership details...which is upsetting.  She has no idea WHEN the memberships will start (if they haven't already)...but I think that the idea that they wouldn't start until Gold was only a rumor.  Hold onto your wallets...it might be a bumpy ride...

We're still torn with the 2 monthly memberships we purchased.  We do get an extra 1,000 credits, 10 more family accounts and an extra members-only item (i.e., parrot, chalkboard) each month by having the 2 memberships....but the 6-month and Yearly memberships are much cheaper.  You also get an extra "welcome kit" with each of those as well.  Sigh.  I hope this gets worked out soon...

Flamanar

Thank-you Flamanar for this update.  I certainly appreciate it.  I bought into the Aussie package personally, and was thinking...how on earth is VFK going to know what to automatically bill at?? 

It's scary to know that nothing has been worked out yet with regards to these Memberships.

I guess watch your credit card statements very closely on this one for sure.  Yikes!

If you hear of anything more, please let us know.  Thanks!   :)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2009, 11:09 AM »

Flamanar

Thank-you Flamanar for this update.  I certainly appreciate it.  I bought into the Aussie package personally, and was thinking...how on earth is VFK going to know what to automatically bill at?? 

It's scary to know that nothing has been worked out yet with regards to these Memberships.

I guess watch your credit card statements very closely on this one for sure.  Yikes!

If you hear of anything more, please let us know.  Thanks!   :)

Will do, AstroGigiblue.  I'm assuming they have SOME of the details worked out, but not all.  It's also apparent that these kinds of details are worked out elsewhere, and when they are complete, THEN Gale is informed of it.  Not sure who works on this type of thing.  Developers?...or a separate Billing Department??  No idea.

We have the Beta and Aussie memberships along with these 2 new One Month memberships.  All are appended to the Beta...which raises more questions.  When you append memberships, it makes your total TIME of your membership extend.  So if you append an Aussie membership to a Beta Founders membership, you receive a total of 7 months of TIME for your membership (the Beta runs for 4 months, then the Aussie kicks in for an additional 3 months).  If you were to NOT append the Aussie to the Beta, the Aussie would end after 3 months, and the Beta would end 1 month later...so the total TIME for that setup would be 4 months (because they are running alongside each other).

This does lead to more questions, though, when you append the monthly membership to the end of your existing membership.  I'm assuming it would work the same as if you appended the Aussie to the Beta...but am not sure.

Also (for those that don't know), you get 20 family accounts under each of the Beta and Aussie memberships.  The regular VIP memberships will net you 10 family accounts a piece.  So since I have a Beta/Aussie appended membership, I have a total of 40 family accounts (20 + 20).  Since I added the 2 additional One Month memberships to my existing Beta/Aussie combo, I now have a total of 60 family accounts (20 + 20 + 10 + 10).  HOWEVER:  what many people aren't aware of is that you have to physically CALL them to have the additional memberships added by hand!!  I had to do this when I appended the Aussie membership to the end of my Beta, and I had to do it again when I added the 2 One Month memberships to my Beta/Aussie combo.  For some reason, you don't just automatically receive the extra family accounts when you purchase a new membership.  NOTE:  this only applies to people who are APPENDING new memberships to their existing memberships.  People that just buy a new membership and don't append it to their existing membership aren't affected by this.  Are we all confused now?  Good.  :notme:

Flamanar

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2009, 02:26 PM »

:??: :crazy: I understand completely!  :notme: :blink:

:lolg:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2009, 05:27 PM »

:??: :crazy: I understand completely!  :notme: :blink:

:lolg:

LOL!  Yup, clear as mud.  jk   ;)

Thanks again Flamanar.  I read through your post, and it does make sense.  I was going to call VFK myself about my membership, but since I really had no reason to call...just yet -- I haven't.

I'm curious to see what VFK comes up with as far as how they will notify players when their membership expires.  That is going to open up more questions I'm sure.

I can think of one right off the top of my head (maybe someone already knows the answer) -- that being, I wonder if renewals on Founder (Aussie & Beta) packages are going to be treated as getting another VIP pin, etc.?  Because, technically -- it is a NEW VIP membership (we only received so many "free" VIP Membership months, with the Beta and Aussie package).  We never actually bought a VIP Package, we bought a Founder Package.  Then, do you get more additional family member accounts?  I can just imagine even more questions.

It's interesting that VFK can't even tell us WHEN those packages, will START or END either.  I guess just wait and see, and watch credit card statements! 

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2009, 12:07 AM »

We, too, have asked about this when calling VFK a while back. Gail knew very little about details and at that point, we just asked them to get back with us if there were any changes or new information. Communication is not one of their strong areas, is it?  :lolg: Well, this will be a wait and see thing, I guess...

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2009, 09:48 AM »

Thanks Flame on the new information regarding the memberships. I am now debating to purchase a yearly one instead. I would love to do $80 than $120... however, I am very confused with the back to back deals. I have currently 3 memberships. Got the January, with the horse.. and this month two more, with no horse.

Yes, cancelled by first membership as I was charged again. Right now have the two others back to back, yet still getting 3 grand a day, which Gale informed me. Now, question is, next month do I get 3 member items, or two? or one? Very confused here!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2009, 10:28 AM »

Thanks Flame on the new information regarding the memberships. I am now debating to purchase a yearly one instead. I would love to do $80 than $120... however, I am very confused with the back to back deals. I have currently 3 memberships. Got the January, with the horse.. and this month two more, with no horse.

Yes, cancelled by first membership as I was charged again. Right now have the two others back to back, yet still getting 3 grand a day, which Gale informed me. Now, question is, next month do I get 3 member items, or two? or one? Very confused here!

Np Pix.  When I asked Gail the other day what we'd lose if we cancelled a membership, she didn't know.  As frustrating as that was, I appreciated her honesty.  I'd rather have her tell me "I don't know" than make something up.  I love Gail and the staff at VFK...and I love VFK (for those that think I'm a 'VFK basher', I am NOT :) ). 

Sadly Pix, I doubt you'll know the answer to your question until.......................................................................nex t month. :(

Flamanar

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2009, 12:19 PM »

All right, Thank you Flame!!!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up