VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: New "Game in a bottle" prizes for mini-games? UPDATE: NOW NEW MAGIC, TOO..  (Read 39508 times)

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic

So who ever heard of birdwatching from a Hummer! Can't I just walk?
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

So who ever heard of birdwatching from a Hummer! Can't I just walk?

ROFL.  Flame still doesn't understand why people buy Hummers...let alone watch birds from them.  ;)

Flamanar

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck

ROFL.  Flame still doesn't understand why people buy Hummers...let alone watch birds from them.  ;)

Two words.....Dream Car

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Two words.....Dream Car

ROFL  AH!  Now I get it ;)  I'd love to drive one...although I'm afraid I'd have to buy it once I drove it... :notme:

Flamanar

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Wow.  Each time we play these games, we refine our strategy.  Just got Heros last bottle and Focus magic.  Last bottle was Laser Tag.  I think they've upped the amount of points you need to get the bottle for this game.  But...we did it in 3 games today.  Here's the scores using the method I talked about earlier:

4,211 bottle awarded

Again, the key is to keep the clones close to the shooter and moving back and forth as quickly as possible while being shot. They must move very quickly, so just put them in front of the shooter and move them back and forth using the left and right arrow keys as fast as possible until the clone is almost blurred.  Then move the second clone close to the shooter and do the same thing, while the last clone regains some health.  Switch back and forth as necessary until it's between 10-30 seconds left in the round, then blur one of the clones.  If possible, wait till 10 seconds or less to blur the last clone standing.  GL!

Flamanar

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....

Nice method, yes, but not possible if you are playing by yourself and most of the players are playing by themselves with a clone. Not easy task to accomplish with two hands.

I'm doing the "taking turns shoot" One takes about 30 shots, then the other takes 30 shots or less (as this is the person who will lose) then move a little around before the next 30 shots. I got around 200-300 score per game with this method if you are playing with one clone only.
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Also to add that there are now 12 (yup) different Night Fighters bottles to get.  They include every color and style of ship in the game.  Whee... :heat:

Flamanar

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

I can't play those games even if everyone was on my side :lolp:  But I would love to see what these bottles look like.

Can anyone provide pics, please?

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Here's a quick pic:

Five bottles on the left are Night Fighters bottles.  The six on the right are the six necessary to earn the Focus magic.

(hugs)

Flamanar

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

Here's a quick pic:

Five bottles on the left are Night Fighters bottles.  The six on the right are the six necessary to earn the Focus magic.

(hugs)

Flamanar

Thank you so very much Flame!  All this talk of them really had me curious.  Their attention to detail looks very well done.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
    • Our Family MySpace Page

Thanks for the pics, Flame.  :thumb: We have not had much time to work on bottles yet, so I was curious about some of the bottles also. I will try to get a guide for Mini-Game Prizes going this weekend. The fireworks bottle is still one of my favorites!

As for King's "Dream Car Hummer", I have 3 words to say.... In His Dreams... :lolg: >:D

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Thanks for the pics, Flame.  :thumb: We have not had much time to work on bottles yet, so I was curious about some of the bottles also. I will try to get a guide for Mini-Game Prizes going this weekend. The fireworks bottle is still one of my favorites!

As for King's "Dream Car Hummer", I have 3 words to say.... In His Dreams... :lolg: >:D

ROFL.  It never hurts to dream a little, no?  ;)

A guide would be awesome.  I'll post a pic of the rest of the Night Fighters bottles once I get them.

(hugs)

Flamanar

MamaOwl

what do you mean on the verge of needing? I've been there a few years.

If you leave off the reading glasses then *everyone* has Focus magic :laugh2:

I'm too lazy to read every post, does anyone know if it has to be six unique bottles to get the magic, or just six bottles "in the category". There is no way I can get beyond about 15 levels of Audubon. But I have two fireworks and a checkers so far.

By the way, I couldn't remember the login for my daughter and hubby's users (and they never use them) so I kept guestimating passwords (so I could beat them both at checkers ;)) and I got a warning that a notice was being sent to the VFK authorities... I'm hoping I'm not in real trouble  :doh:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....

I believe you need 1 bottle from each of the 6 games to get the magic (from what I've read)

With Audubon, keep playing those games no matter what level - the points are cumulative so they keep track somewhere.  The first time I did Audubon bottle I did not keep track; the second Audubon bottle I did:                Total games played:       23
                     Total points earned:  25,846
                     I did this spread out over 3 different nights. - and my scores for each game were all over the place: some 154, 212, 116, 692, 3,738, 332 (some were just "easier"  :rofl1: than others)

I heard some people saying you needed over 20,000; others saying you needed just over 30,000

You can do it Bronwyn  :thumb:

I think I had that warning once as well with log in attempting. If you know what email was used for them you could check the old saved email for a confirmation perhaps. I think it shows your password with those.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....

Here's a quick pic:

(hugs)

Flamanar

Now I know where Flame has been hiding.....  :rofl1: :rofl1:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Now I know where Flame has been hiding.....  :rofl1: :rofl1:

-busted-  :shy:

lol. yup.  I'm almost done, though. 

Another tip to add (maybe not a tip, but a heads up), they've changed the countdown timers for the Night Fighters and Space Pirates games (not sure about Laser Tag because we run the clock out).  Now when all opponents are wiped out, you don't have to sit there and wait till the rest of the time runs out (-yawn-).  As soon as the last opponent is toast, the countdown timers will immediately start counting down 10 seconds!  Yay!  And about time ;)  So me and Hero have been doing the Night Fighter rounds in about...2-3 minutes each?  And with Flame fighting 3 other clones, it takes 5 games per bottle (900 credits a game).  So it's been going very fast.  Fast = good :)

Also adding that with the new ships available in Night Fighters, you are awarded the ship color and style that you won playing with.  So if you played with a 'Black Wrath', that will be your bottle.  Not sure if you need to play ALL the rounds while trying to win a bottle with the same ship, or just the last round.  Haven't tried.  We just play the same ship through all the rounds to be safe.

Flamanar
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 10:01 AM by flamanar »

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic

Birds took me 2 games, each one I did all 60 levels and each took 30-45 minutes. I also had a small game in there that I had to exit early on, but I don't think that counted for anything.
Okay, for a rather, uh, "poor" player, what points/credits does going all 60 levels give you? I'm going to have to do this the slow, slow, repeatitous way (perserverance I think is one of the words they use when they give you the bottle). And just trying to estimate how many hundreds games it's going to take me.
-PotOfGoldWench
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up