VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: New "Game in a bottle" prizes for mini-games? UPDATE: NOW NEW MAGIC, TOO..  (Read 39507 times)

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....

I had to play and WIN over 30 games of Pirates to get that bottle... and it was not full of rum! :bm: :'(
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic

Lol, you have to win the games to count towards the total needed to get the bottle!?? I'm so sorry for those of you who are collectors that really want it! Pixie, I'll come by sometime and look at yours because I will never ever win that many Pirate games (or checkers games)...
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

If I don't land six feet under Gold, you are more than welcome to come by.

I'm burned out completely on this... :'( :'( :'(

Trying now for the last bottle of rum.. What not rum you say? Boulder Dash!
ScarlettPixie

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page

Well, I have been a little out of the loop for a couple days. Here is our take on this. I don't think this is really a bad thing. Like Belle said, there is something for everyone here. For game players, this is a nice reward, just as host hunt prizes are great for those who are good at those or quest items are a reward for those who do quests with clones, etc. Some people are likening this to the "Blackheart Quest" on VMK. I remember that weekend and how that ended and this is no Blackheart Quest. Now, if VFK pulled these items anytime soon, then I feel I would have something to complain about.

We like to have the different items in game and we will be trying to get these bottles also. If we can, we will probably grab extras for friends whose computers do not get along with the mini-games.  :sur: I can tell you that I already earned the AWA and Fireworks bottles and I really didn't find it that stressful. I have no idea the rhyme or reason behind how these bottles are rewarded. I will say I played 2 games of birds (takes me 30 minutes or more to get through 1 game) and got the bottle. Fireworks, I played 13 games or so and then got the bottle. I just look at it as a way to get credits and enjoy some of the games I have not made time for lately.

I usually stick to birds, because that is the best credit return for me, but I actually enjoyed playing fireworks again. I even got up to over 7,000 today, which is my highest yet. King had just been asking me the other day if the pirate lobby was still as crowded as when it was first released. Sadly it was not, until now. We are planning some family games of Night Fighters, Laser Tag, Pirates, and Checkers for this weekend. The kids love blasting mom in those Space Age games!  :rofl1: :sur: Hopefully, we can have some fun and earn bottles at the same time. Maybe, we can set up some NoBS friendly games of Pirates, etc. to help friends win the games they could not otherwise?  :idea:

Like I said, if these items go away sooner rather than later, then I will let my opinion be heard. Until then, good luck to everyone! If you want to organize some friendly games just post something here and we can have some NoBS fun in game! :pcannon: :pirates: :pcheers:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 07:07 PM by PrincessWendyBird »

PrincessWendyBird

Just adding some extra Hugs for Pix!  :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
OH, and some rum, too! :pcheers:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Aww :(  I just double-checked with my Dr...and he said no rum for Flame :(  My meds don't like big-people juice :(  Sigh...

Ok.  So far I've received 2 bottles.  Here's my totals:

Checkers:  won 10 games in a row (we did...ahem...'community play' ;)  ).  Used a different opponent for every game.  Got the bottle on the 10th game.
Fireworks:  won 6 games in a row (some were by myself) with scores between 5500 and 6000 each game.  Got the bottle on the 6th game.  Note:  each game of fireworks takes about 20 minutes to complete (yeah...we timed it!)

That's all the bottle news from Flame for now.  LOL.  GL EVERYBODY!

NOTE:  it's rumored that if you acquire a bottle by TRADING for it, it doesn't count towards the new Focus magic!!  Haven't confirmed this, but it came from a reputable source.  They traded for their last bottle to complete the 6 bottles needed for the new magic.  They didn't get the new magic!  Haven't talked to them since, but if they get the magic after earning that last bottle, I'll update here.

Flamanar...have some rum for Flame :( :cry:  Looks like I'm a permanent 'designated driver'
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:00 PM by flamanar »

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Sheesh you too. I'm over 30 games on Fireworks and no bottles. I'm not good at this game, and can get abut 1-2,ooo points at most. Very tired. And just drained.
ScarlettPixie

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Sheesh you too. I'm over 30 games on Fireworks and no bottles. I'm not good at this game, and can get abut 1-2,ooo points at most. Very tired. And just drained.

Goodness Pix!  Rest, wo.man!  Tomorrow is another day :)  (hugs)

Flamanar

PrincessWendyBird

I will post my winnings again here and we can keep comparing notes.

Birds took me 2 games, each one I did all 60 levels and each took 30-45 minutes. I also had a small game in there that I had to exit early on, but I don't think that counted for anything.

Fireworks took me about 13 games, scoring between 6,200-6,900 each time. Based on other folks winnings, I still can't figure these 2 out. Some people have played for hours and hours and nothing?  :??:

I am getting ready to go back and finish my checkers experiment. I have heard pretty consistently that 10-11 wins with all different people get the bottle. I will update here if I find that true - that would also match your findings Flame.

Tomorrow, I get to get my tushie kicked by my family on the Space Age games lol!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

I will post my winnings again here and we can keep comparing notes.

Birds took me 2 games, each one I did all 60 levels and each took 30-45 minutes. I also had a small game in there that I had to exit early on, but I don't think that counted for anything.

Fireworks took me about 13 games, scoring between 6,200-6,900 each time. Based on other folks winnings, I still can't figure these 2 out. Some people have played for hours and hours and nothing?  :??:

I am getting ready to go back and finish my checkers experiment. I have heard pretty consistently that 10-11 wins with all different people get the bottle. I will update here if I find that true - that would also match your findings Flame.

Tomorrow, I get to get my tushie kicked by my family on the Space Age games lol!
Thanks Wendy!  Looks like I'll be playing birds till doomsday :(

Family fun day at your expense?  LOL.  It can be fun to be the target ;)

Flamanar...-tapes a bullseye to his but-... :sur:

PrincessWendyBird

Looks like the magic number in checkers is 10 wins with all different opponents. If anyone needs help from someone at checkers, we have clones who are very "bad" at this game... :lolg:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Looks like the magic number in checkers is 10 wins with all different opponents. If anyone needs help from someone at checkers, we have clones who are very "bad" at this game... :lolg:

ROFL :rofl1:  We had some very 'bad' clones as well ;)  LOL.  Ya gotta take the good with the bad!

I did update my earlier post to say that I won those games in checkers and fireworks all in a row.  No losses in between.  That might explain the low number of 6 games for me in fireworks?  Completely guessing here...

Flamanar

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Ok.  Just got the Night Fighters bottles for me and .It with Fish.is family helping :)  (hugs Fish.i)  And (hugs) to Pixie as well for offering.  We were almost done by then.  I will take a raincheck, though ;)

Total games for Flame:  2, winning both in a row.  However, I did play a few games night before last, too.  So...I think those count, too.
Total games for .It:  3, winning all 3 in a row.  Again, she did play a few games the other night as well.

So it's on to the next game.

GL all :)

Flamanar...-sends a message in a bottle-...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 03:25 PM by flamanar »

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

GL with the rest Flames!

I'm done with my bottles, and got my magic this morning. Phew..... :wavet:

And now working on getting some more, only this time, slower and making sure I have fun! LOL :tongue3:

Been helping others getting their bottles, so if you need help, let me know!
ScarlettPixie

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Ok.  Myself and .It got our Laser Tag bottles tonight.  Through much experimenting with Flamanar, we came up with the following:

Flamanar took about 10-15 games to get the bottle.  Almost all the games were with one clone.

Flamanette:  4 games!!!!  We found out that if you fight against 2 clones, and make sure they keep moving while you shoot them relentlessly (but not enough to blur them!!! Watch their meters!!), you will get astronomical scores.  Her scores were:

4.1087  bottle awarded

We really refined it in .Its try at the bottle.  I feel that 2 people who are very fast and alert could get a bottle at Laser Tag in maybe 3 or even 2 rounds!  Today was a 'Remicade Tuesday' for Flame...so he was...less than alert :(

The key is watching the meters.  When you hit one clone till their ALMOST toast, switch to the other clone and start blasting them till their ALMOST toast, then switch back.  Repeat as necessary.  You will probably run out of ammo once or twice, but it's no biggy.  Let it get back up to about halfway and start blasting away again.  The other thing to make sure of is that the clones are CONSTANTLY moving while being shot.  Even if it's just back and forth a step or two.  The clones don't need to shoot at all.

GL all :)

Flamanar
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 06:37 PM by flamanar »

MamaOwl

Well, I played Fireworks for a good part of one afternoon (and evening). I tend to average about 5,000 pts (my daughter tells me she does *much* better without even trying :tongue3:). I had given up on getting anything at that time. Next day I was looking through my inventory for the second part of a teleporter (kept ending up in rooms I had forgotten I'd had), and the last item in my inventory was a bottle full of "trees". I pulled it out and so we all could look at it and the fireworks started flying inside. It's pretty cool.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Well, I played Fireworks for a good part of one afternoon (and evening). I tend to average about 5,000 pts (my daughter tells me she does *much* better without even trying :tongue3:). I had given up on getting anything at that time. Next day I was looking through my inventory for the second part of a teleporter (kept ending up in rooms I had forgotten I'd had), and the last item in my inventory was a bottle full of "trees". I pulled it out and so we all could look at it and the fireworks started flying inside. It's pretty cool.

Lol.  Hate when that happens.  They should have a popup when you get the bottle.  It's easy to miss a notice at the bottom of a score listing.  Especially Laser Tag.  I had to scroll down to see it.  Congrats :)

Flamanar
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up