VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6/14 New Scavenger Hunt Starts at the Zoo.  (Read 5191 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
6/14 New Scavenger Hunt Starts at the Zoo.
« on: June 14, 2009, 04:06 PM »

Pizza at the Zoo is the start for today's Scavenger Hunt.

ETA:  Prizes  1,000 credits and Flag Day Flowers 2009

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 04:17 PM by AstroGigiblue »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 6/14 New Scavenger Hunt Starts at the Zoo.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 06:11 PM »

Wow.  Thanks for posting Astro.  I found out about the hunt by accident on the map! 

It's not a hard quest and there's not alot of traveling.  I only had a problem finding one item that was very difficult to see. 

The prize...wow...not gold?  Not sure what to think of that.  And since these flowers have a flag in them, it'll be hard to use them for decorating...

Sigh.  At least it's not a topiary... :hmm:

Flamanar

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 06:18 PM »

Really surprised on not gold item. However, they may think How much Gold can these players own? Maybe trying to avoid the boredom. Also, this item could had been a store release....
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

verenice

• Invisibility Magic
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 06:39 PM »

Are they getting us ready for Independence Day?  :hmmmm:

"Don't try to get fancy with the Brita!"
-Lexie

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 06:53 PM »

Really surprised on not gold item. However, they may think How much Gold can these players own? Maybe trying to avoid the boredom. Also, this item could had been a store release....

My room hiding the Gold Stuff from these quests in the order they came out was getting a bit crowded.  Nice to have a change.  :)

As Astro pointed out in another thread:

Technically, I think that VFK might be done with Scavenger Hunts.  I of course have no idea for sure.  I'm only guessing, since this was the last of "official" communication with regards to them.  It says only until the opening of Space Age.  Well, it's open right?  Then they go on to say they will be all gold related, as we count down to Gold release.  It doesn't really say we'll have the Hunts going on until Gold release though.  Anywho, my thoughts and for what it's worth.   Homepage:

The 'daily' Scavenger Hunts for Gold Items maybe are done since Space Age is open.  However, I remember seeing it said by staff that the Scavenger Hunts would remain as an Event like their Host Hunts or Teleporter Game. (speaking of which, I've not seen Teleporter Games since...  :hmmmm: )  I think it was said Scavenger Hunts might be once a week - which would give people a good chance to complete these, IF they leave them up all week. Wonder how long they will keep these up?

The prize...wow...not gold?  Not sure what to think of that.  And since these flowers have a flag in them, it'll be hard to use them for decorating...

Sigh.  At least it's not a topiary... :hmm:

Flamanar

When I rotate the flowers and the flag is towards the back I don't notice the flag as much. With it in the front it is a little more but still not like on the sides rotation.

Sorry it's not your gold rocket topiary though  :'(

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 07:01 PM by funfly »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 10:22 PM »

My room hiding the Gold Stuff from these quests in the order they came out was getting a bit crowded.  Nice to have a change.  :)

As Astro pointed out in another thread:

Technically, I think that VFK might be done with Scavenger Hunts.  I of course have no idea for sure.  I'm only guessing, since this was the last of "official" communication with regards to them.  It says only until the opening of Space Age.  Well, it's open right?  Then they go on to say they will be all gold related, as we count down to Gold release.  It doesn't really say we'll have the Hunts going on until Gold release though.  Anywho, my thoughts and for what it's worth.   Homepage:

The 'daily' Scavenger Hunts for Gold Items maybe are done since Space Age is open.  However, I remember seeing it said by staff that the Scavenger Hunts would remain as an Event like their Host Hunts or Teleporter Game. (speaking of which, I've not seen Teleporter Games since...  :hmmmm: )  I think it was said Scavenger Hunts might be once a week - which would give people a good chance to complete these, IF they leave them up all week. Wonder how long they will keep these up?

The prize...wow...not gold?  Not sure what to think of that.  And since these flowers have a flag in them, it'll be hard to use them for decorating...

Sigh.  At least it's not a topiary... :hmm:

Flamanar

When I rotate the flowers and the flag is towards the back I don't notice the flag as much. With it in the front it is a little more but still not like on the sides rotation.

Sorry it's not your gold rocket topiary though  :'(

Yeah, there's more wordplay in that Scavenger Hunt annnouncement depending on how it's read.  Like Astro said, it actually says that the hunts will only last until Space Age opens.  And then there's the issue of "how do we tell if/when we are Gold?".  The second sentence says that all the scavenger hunt prizes will be gold related as we also count down to gold release...which I'm guessing we aren't at yet.  So....technically, the hunts should have ended at Space Age opening...but they will be gold related until Gold release?  Really...if the scavenger hunts are for the countdown to Gold release (hence the gold-related items), it seems odd to stop them now....before Gold is here! More importantly...WHY DO WE HAVE TO GUESS ABOUT ALL THIS STUFF?! :hitwall: :hitwall: :hitwall: 

I did notice that with the flowers, Fun.  I wonder if there are a few bunched together if it would hide the flag?  Haven't tried that yet. 

Flamanar...not giving up hope for a gold rocket...yet... :notme:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:32 PM by flamanar »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 09:26 AM »

The 'daily' Scavenger Hunts for Gold Items maybe are done since Space Age is open.  However, I remember seeing it said by staff that the Scavenger Hunts would remain as an Event like their Host Hunts or Teleporter Game. (speaking of which, I've not seen Teleporter Games since...  :hmmmm: )  I think it was said Scavenger Hunts might be once a week - which would give people a good chance to complete these, IF they leave them up all week. Wonder how long they will keep these up?

Never mind me...I was wrong anyway, big surprise!   :laugh2:

Oh really?!  This is the first I've heard of this.  I had no idea that VFK had plans to keep Scavenger Hunts as an ongoing event!   - cough cough - Zero Communication on that!

Well, like everyone else has already said in this thread ..... Whatever is on the Homepage:  1) Can be changed at any given time by VFK  2)  It does seem that there is always some sort of wordplay.  Some people read announcements one way, and others another way.   3)  We are ALWAYS left guessing!   4)  When the heck IS Gold Release?! 

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 01:08 PM »

OKAY!

Scavenger Hunts are here to stay... I think.

As for Gold release. I am going to be honest. Though they have done an extraordinary work on the game, building, fixing bugs, creating. I'm still not sure they are to gold level release yet. They are rushing to much on placing items, building and so forth in the game. Yes, everyone is quite demanding and they are trying to fullfill everything that the players wish for or request. However, that could detour working on the things that Gold release should have accomplish. Like being able to sit without your head off, or even just sit! (seen like most chairs are defective) We will forever have bugs, so I know that could or never be vanished from the game. I am not comparing VFK with VMK but when VMK went gold, I assume that you had no building problems when working in rooms or items. Yes, maybe a few things, but not to this extent with the grid move. Today, the grid move almost sent me to the edge! Yet, in VMK we did not have grid or free. We only have move.

What VFK has created this far, I applaud them highly. They are becoming the mentors of the virtual worlds of the future. In due honesty, Gold release should be out when the game is ready. If they were ready, then the release will come in due time.

I will leave this post with these words of wisdom :

Rome was not build in a day and neither is VFK. :)

ScarlettPixie

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 01:37 PM »

OKAY!

Scavenger Hunts are here to stay... I think.

As for Gold release. I am going to be honest. Though they have done an extraordinary work on the game, building, fixing bugs, creating. I'm still not sure they are to gold level release yet. They are rushing to much on placing items, building and so forth in the game. Yes, everyone is quite demanding and they are trying to fullfill everything that the players wish for or request. However, that could detour working on the things that Gold release should have accomplish. Like being able to sit without your head off, or even just sit! (seen like most chairs are defective) We will forever have bugs, so I know that could or never be vanished from the game. I am not comparing VFK with VMK but when VMK went gold, I assume that you had no building problems when working in rooms or items. Yes, maybe a few things, but not to this extent with the grid move. Today, the grid move almost sent me to the edge! Yet, in VMK we did not have grid or free. We only have move.

What VFK has created this far, I applaud them highly. They are becoming the mentors of the virtual worlds of the future. In due honesty, Gold release should be out when the game is ready. If they were ready, then the release will come in due time.

I will leave this post with these words of wisdom :

Rome was not build in a day and neither is VFK. :)

True Pix.  I remember saying in January that VFK was still 6 months to a year away from Gold...while many others said it was gonna happy very soon.  Let's face it:  there are still BETA BUGS that aren't fixed yet!!  And they are pretty serious.  Pix mentioned one with the sitting problems.  If someone really sat down, played the game for a few days and made a list of the bugs/glitches they came across...I think they'd be shocked at the length of said list.  "Gold release" is a subjective term as far as I'm concerned.  To many, it would mean that VFK is running extremely smoothly with only an occasional 'hiccup'.  Yet others believe that VFK could be released right now and be called "Gold".  I'm of the mind that the first is true.  If the second is true, then really...why wait to label VFK Gold?  Just go ahead and do it now...bugs and all.  Sigh.  This whole 'countdown to Gold' is a funny thing.  I know there were alot of people barking at VFK to 'go Gold'.  Maybe this is just a way to appease those people for the time being.  Again, VFK can label themselves "Gold" anytime they want...whether the game is 'finished' (although it will never really be 'finished' since it will always evolve), 'bug-free', etc. 

Usually in the software industry, a game is released to the public ONLY after it has been tested by people and verified to be mainly bug-free and operating smoothly.  It isn't released with alot of bugs (obviously, there are exceptions to that rule -cough- Adobe Flash -cough-).  Online games are constantly evolving...yet if a game was to label itself 'Gold', then I would expect that game to have the bugs/kinks and hiccups to be almost entirely fixed for items/lands/areas released up to 'Delta stage'...OR AT LEAST UP TO THE END OF BETA STAGE. 

Unfortunately, I feel that VFK 'Gold release' will just be another day in VFK...nothing more, nothing less. 

Hoping the above doesn't sound too harsh, or come across as Flamanar flaming VFK.  Nothing of the sort.  Just pointing out the reality.  It's just that...once again...we are left to guess at their direction and intentions.  If they're going to say that we are in a "countdown to Gold", then fine...start the clock and show us where it's at.  However, I have the feeling that their use of the word 'countdown' is meaningless.  Again, we've really been 'counting down to Gold' since the first day the game opened...

Flamanar...JMHO
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:41 PM by flamanar »

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 02:15 PM »

I'm going to agree with you Flame. There are highly too many problems in the game itself before its considered acceptable to the public. They are doing this from scratch as well. Building a world on a new foundation. VFK will achieve higher expertations that VMK ever did. The graphics are one example. In VMK, though we were mostly like walking into a cartoonish world, in VFK it is quite the opposite. Detail is the strong point of VFK and that is what I like about it. They look at each item in detail. Example the flip shoes where they are animated and have the impression of real flips. Another is the current SH prize. That tiny little flag has the stars on it! They do go the extra mile to show an item to its true form. 

From all the other worlds that I have seen, I have yet to enounter one like the same with VFK. How many other worlds out there can allow your imagination to soar? I can lose myself in the building, enjoying it. While as at other worlds, like Elf, you place an item and leave the room- uh? Then what?  You cannot build like we can build in VFK. Yes, we could build in VMK, but that game is gone and buried. Also, back in VMK, when one wanted to build, they usally used the crates, or those sticks from Ned's store. Where as in VFK, I have yet to use a crate to build, but would love to use those thin sticks.

I do see that they need alot of work with the items however, the shadows are driving me batty. When you stack several items, you can still see the shadows in the ground, but also they create what it looks like black holes. blech. Yes, VFK will someday achieve to diminish the black shadows from the objects, but when that day is-- nobody knows.

Also, going to GOLD will mean that you will enounter less of these bugs and problems. Someone new to the game, who purchases one, two or even ten memberships would expect nothing but perfection. I am proud to be a guinea pig for this game. I am learning along with the staff and the rest of the players.

*gets off soap box*
ScarlettPixie

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 02:44 PM »

...and I think you touched on something that I feel strongly about:  expectations.

If you're a person who doesn't pay for the game, you get what you pay for...and shouldn't expect anything more.  If there are bugs or glitches, so what?  It's not costing you a penny.

However, for those of us that contribute to VFK in the form of our membership/memberships, we expect ALOT more.  If things aren't right, I feel we have much more grounds on which to be critical of things that are not right.  Prioritized help.  I could be way off there, but it's just how it seems to me sometimes.  I never regret giving money to VFK.  I know without my money and others that the game could not function...therefore I contribute, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. 

Whatever...we're all in the same boat...just need to plug the holes better so we ride higher in the water...and less bailing is necessary ;)

Flamanar...wow I'm typing alot today... :hmm:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 05:07 PM »

Trust me ... I too, am in NO hurry for Gold release to be here.  VFK isn't ready.

I would just love more communication from VFK really.  I don't like guessing all the time.  Surprises are great, but I don't like having to guess about things that should be communicated to all.

Purrypaws

• There are two of us??
    The road is not safe!!!
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 05:17 PM »

You all make some very good and valid points.
I think..and this is just my humble opinion..
VFK has built an amazing game..they followed in some pretty big footsteps..and inherited a whole lot of very talented and experianced builders (myself NOT included).
VMK gave us some very high expectaions of any game we chose to hop into..and VFK gave a whole lot of lost and grieving souls a place to land..
I was never much of a builder, but I loved seeing the rooms and rides that others built.
VMK had a lot of buggy things in the very early days..I tend to forget that..because by the END it had become so polished and we had such great stuff.
VFK: I enjoy the game and the friends I have found there.
As far as GOLD goes..What is gold anyway?  The day the game becomes 'bug free'?  No game is going to be bug free....ever...
I think they may have a "GO GOLD DAY"..but it'll probably be like any other day in a game that's growing in leaps and bounds..we'll have lag and the chairs still may not work, but it'll be good and we'll all have fun.
My only issue with the game is the lack of response to HELP and e mails. I suspect that may be somewhat due to the 'busy ness' around the game itself.
Only so many folks to do a whole lot of work.

Now..My personal problem is that my grandkids have cyber homes in other games. Princess Ariel just bought me a WEBKINZ..now those guys are needy..AND I can see that this may indeed become more expensive then VFK has been.

Purrypaws >>>who now has her red flips once again!

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 10:09 PM »

Well said Paws!!!! :2thunbs:

And oh oh on the webkins!!!!
ScarlettPixie

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 06:23 PM »

This hunt seems to be over, items are gone, and no start piece at the zoo.
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 10:11 PM »

Yes. :(

Sadly it was ended like the quests. That is what I got from Vintage. It was treated like a quest running time. Two days. I had no idea of this.
ScarlettPixie

Pages: [1]   Go Up