VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time to unload a bit...  (Read 5653 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Time to unload a bit...
« on: June 10, 2009, 12:10 PM »

Lol.  Not to feel left out, I have a rant I'd like to unload.  Yeah...it's not often, but even Flame flames out...

Last night:  LOADS of ppl on the main map.  Everyone wondering if there was gonna be a scavenger hunt.  I waited for hours on the map with many others for word one way or the other on whether there was gonna be a hunt last night or not.  We never did find out, and I bailed out around 11pm...with a headache from watching an enormous amount of bubbles float up on my screen for hours.  Hours of my time wasted, when I could have been spending time with my family if I knew there was going to be no hunt.

The good:  I got to meet a LOT of ppl I haven't seen in a while...not to mention some NOBBERS who I hadn't met in game yet.  We did have fun, and made the best of the endless wait.  In that respect, I'm glad I was on the map to meet those people and hang with them and my other friends.  (hugs) to everyone.

The bad:  something I've been going on about since VFK started...a complete lack of communication from VFK.  They had been getting better about announcing the new hunts and other things.  Last night they failed...miserably.  VFK_Cactus was on the map at one point.  She could tell us nothing.  She apparently was going to check for us to see if there was a hunt or not.  We never heard from her again.  I'm sure there were tons of people who used the HELP button as well trying to find out what was going on.  Nothing.

Seriously:  VFK needs to let us know what is going on with Gold:

1)  when is the anticipated date when VFK will be officially 'Gold' (I mean...we are counting down...so what number are we at now, and how far do we have to go??)
2)  will the scavenger hunts continue until Gold release??  We've had a scavenger hunt every night without fail for how long now?...and last night we didn't...makes no sense

Why was it not possible to receive some kind of communication last night about whether there was going to be a scavenger hunt?  Why were God_only_knows_how_many people left waiting on the main map (in several different instances) for ANY news on a scavenger hunt last night?  I'm sorry, but I consider the lack of communication last night appalling.  Cactus (who I like) was useless.  I talked to Age a little while ago about whether there will be a hunt tonight or not.  Her answer was "I don't know".  I love Age and everyone at VFK...but SOMEBODY should know what the ..... is going on!  I REALLY don't feel like spending several MORE hours on the map tonight waiting AGAIN for news on what is happening/not happening.  At the same time, I REALLY don't want to miss a hunt.  This really stinks beyond...

Ok.  I'm done ranting.  Ty for letting me get that all out.  I love VFK.  They're wonderful people, and I'm not blaming Age (although Cactus did disappoint me and many others last night)...obviously Age hasn't been told anything about tonight or she would have told me.  I trust Age and I thank her for being honest.  I'd rather have the truth than be given false hope.

I sincerely hope and pray that tonight will not be a 'waiting game' again.  VFK has had communication problems since the beginning (omg...I made countless posts about that problem in the past. lol).  To their credit, they have been getting better...but there are still many times when I think they forget that the players rely heavily on them for information to make the game an enjoyable experience.

(hugs) everyone for hanging out on the map together and making it an enjoyable experience.  It was truly amazing how we were all there.  Beyond cool :)

Flamanar...JMHO
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:17 PM by flamanar »

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
Re: Time to unload a bit...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 01:02 PM »

Well, I am 100% behind you on the communication thing. They do need to work on that.
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 01:16 PM »

Yes, I agree, communication is a major problem. I realize that the staff & developers are probably physically scattered all over, the US and probably the world. So if a someone who is in charge of something, say that nights scavenger hunt, doesn't send out the word, it isn't like Vintage can stick her head over a cubical and say "so, are we having a hunt?". But isn't it silly that the hosts are not told what events are going to happen, and even more important, what problems are going on that are delaying things? I mean, really, don't they have an internal message board or blog?
Only information I get is from other players, which means you wonderful people on NoBs. I can't think of many things that I heard of first from the actual VFK site. Flame, it is possible that you feel the communication is getting better because you have made some friends with some of the hosts. You have to be in the right place at the right time (and it helps if you are a player they consider worth noticing) to get information from a host. And that assumes that the Host has any information to give, lol.

But, to be honest, I really enjoyed the joking around on the map. More so than the hunts.

Just my two cents worth: it's a virtual game. Please, oh please, my friends, Do NOT let it have a negative affect on your real life. Dont exhaust yourself playing a computer game. Dont neglact your family. Yes, it is coolio to have the latest and greatest virtual items in the game, but please remember they are just pixels and not tangible goods. If it ain't fun, don't do it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:18 PM by goldengourd »
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Purrypaws

• There are two of us??
    The road is not safe!!!
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 02:36 PM »

That map was fun as long as my computer let me stay on..
Yikes! ..what is the deal with IE anyway?
Maybe I need a new service? How is firefox?
VFK needs a couple of nice things other games have:
1. Chat logs..when the lag gets bad..then the bubbles fly like crazy..can not read that fast!  :??:
2.Nice "crawl" message to tell you what's goin' on.. :thumb:

Golly..when is gold coming?? soon?
Paws wants a horse! (Please)

Purrypaws >>>who now has her red flips once again!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 02:42 PM »

Yep, agree with everyone above.  :thumb:

Hopefully communication will improve...

Had fun on the map with everyone,  :dance3:  until I lagged and froze up so that I had to leave. You know lag is bad when you answer a question and it shows up like an hour later (ok exaggerated hour - but still)

Paws, I never saw bubbles fly up so crazy fast until I saw vfk - like a speeding race to the top! Up Up and Away!!

---
But, to be honest, I really enjoyed the joking around on the map. More so than the hunts.

Just my two cents worth: it's a virtual game. Please, oh please, my friends, Do NOT let it have a negative affect on your real life. Dont exhaust yourself playing a computer game. Dont neglact your family. Yes, it is coolio to have the latest and greatest virtual items in the game, but please remember they are just pixels and not tangible goods. If it ain't fun, don't do it.

Golden, fun and joking with friends is much more fun than any of the hunts/games in VFK. Was glad to see everyone last night!

And yes, you're right, it's a virtual game and while those pixels are neat - and as many of us learned, they are just that..pixels that can go poof as they did in VMK. 

Mystery-Red

• so anal I thought I would
    share with everyone
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 03:57 PM »

here here to all the above!!! :thumb:

I am overly tired of not knowing what is happening when on vfk.  unless you are glued to the game you don't know when a host hunt, teleporter game, scavenger hunt is going to be. So very tired of this.  :doh:

and about pixials disappearing----still no reply from anyone on my missing furniture inventory. 
at the present time with how they are handling my missing furniture I would not be willing to fork out any more money to play this game.    :td: I have been trying to be patient but it will be three weeks on friday that ALL my furniture disappeared (my furniture was on my furniture clone not on my main person) But it was everything I had bought furniture wise since day one. Everything gone!!!!!  Oh no I feel my blood pressure rising again.   :bm:

shame on vfk for not doing something!!! or at least telling me something.   :td:  :uhuh:

You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!
DeliciousWenchous

verenice

• Invisibility Magic
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 04:05 PM »

Completely Agree.

And honestly I think that if they have time to go on play games with others or just hang out and talk, they could have a little more time to help with these issues.  It is very nice that they spend time with us, but it might work out better if they solve some of these issues first.
Just putting in my two cents here.

"Don't try to get fancy with the Brita!"
-Lexie

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 05:10 PM »

I have a rant I'd like to unload.  
Flamanar...JMHO

Well....you could use one of those "gold donuts".  If you're lucky, you might find a magazine rack near by to pass the time.  :lolp:

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 05:48 PM »

Flamanar...JMHO

Well....you could use one of those "gold donuts".  If you're lucky, you might find a magazine rack near by to pass the time.  :lolp:

:rofl1: :rofl1:
  You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 06:27 PM »

Flamanar...JMHO

:laugh2:  :rofl1:  :lolp:

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 07:56 PM »

Flamanar...JMHO

Oh boy... what I started.............................

ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 09:44 PM »

Flamanar...JMHO

Well....you could use one of those "gold donuts".  If you're lucky, you might find a magazine rack near by to pass the time.  :lolp:

Hold on a minute...do I use the 'gold dunut'..or the magazine rack to pass the item?...we need to be crystal clear about these things... :uhuh:

Flamanar...-eats another gold donut cause Dunkin Donuts was sold out of the silver ones-...  :P

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 12:07 PM »

Yup, Yup ~ me too -- agree with everything said.  Communication has NEVER been one of their strong points at all!

We've never been officially notified as to when a new Scavenger Hunt has started.  It's always been by word of mouth.  I've personally never been in the presence of a Staff Member stating when any of them had started.

Pretty much the same with Host Hunts and Teleporter Games -- word of mouth.  I only remember VFK putting a blurb on the homepage about those way back in October when Host Hunts started, and that wasn't even all the time -- or ample notice either.  Sometimes we were told of Teleporter Games, not all the time though either.

Technically, I think that VFK might be done with Scavenger Hunts.  I of course have no idea for sure.  I'm only guessing, since this was the last of "official" communication with regards to them.  It says only until the opening of Space Age.  Well, it's open right?  Then they go on to say they will be all gold related, as we count down to Gold release.  It doesn't really say we'll have the Hunts going on until Gold release though.  Anywho, my thoughts and for what it's worth.   Homepage:

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up