VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: FIREWORKS Is Out!  (Read 31477 times)

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
FIREWORKS Is Out!
« on: July 07, 2008, 03:56 PM »

Fireworks game is out. There are 5 levels with 3 rounds each. You get 10% of your score in credits. I scored 4274 so I got 427 credits. It is basically the same game as VMK.

Bug
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:09 PM by Bugdozer »

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
Re: FIREWORKS Is Out!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 04:04 PM »

Woot!!   Thanks for the info Bug!

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 04:12 PM »

I will probably get flamed for this but sadly it is way way to much like VMK. The last round crosses the line as it looks like you are in a castle looking out at the fireworks just like in VMK. Why can't they come up with their own ideas sigh. On another note having a hard tiime getting taken into a game.

Bug

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 04:21 PM »

No flames bug, thats your feelings - thats fine.  Many I know were hoping it was similar or they would not like it.

Off to give it a try - but here are tho posted instructions

this piece of music in 1881 to commemorate Russia's victory over Napoleon's French army.  He had the innovative idea to include real cannon fire and zvons (bells) in his overture at the climax, which gives this music its amazing sound!  Today the 1812 overture is a song symbolic of freedom and is frequently played at 4th of July celebrations, like VFK's 4th of July Firework Game!  So turn up your sound and get ready for the beautiful music of Tchaikovsky as you light the night sky with fireworks! 

Instructions

The goal of our VFK 4th of July Firework game is to fill the night sky with sparkling fireworks, have a lot of fun, and earn a few credits too! Hitting fireworks as they turn into stars will earn the most points, remember exploding lower fireworks or fireworks before they become stars will still give you points, the higher the firework is in the sky before you explode it the higher the points!

Match the firework curser to the firework in the sky and click to explode.  Exploding fireworks using the wrong color firework curser will not count as points but will still explode the firework.  There are 4 levels, each with 3 rounds.  Keep track of your score as well as your opponents between levels with complete score results between each level.

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 04:38 PM »

Level 1:

Level 2

Level 3:

Level 4:

Level 5:

Score:

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 04:41 PM »

No flames bug, thats your feelings - thats fine.  Many I know were hoping it was similar or they would not like it.

Off to give it a try - but here are tho posted instructions

this piece of music in 1881 to commemorate Russia's victory over Napoleon's French army.  He had the innovative idea to include real cannon fire and zvons (bells) in his overture at the climax, which gives this music its amazing sound!  Today the 1812 overture is a song symbolic of freedom and is frequently played at 4th of July celebrations, like VFK's 4th of July Firework Game!  So turn up your sound and get ready for the beautiful music of Tchaikovsky as you light the night sky with fireworks! 

Instructions

The goal of our VFK 4th of July Firework game is to fill the night sky with sparkling fireworks, have a lot of fun, and earn a few credits too! Hitting fireworks as they turn into stars will earn the most points, remember exploding lower fireworks or fireworks before they become stars will still give you points, the higher the firework is in the sky before you explode it the higher the points!

Match the firework curser to the firework in the sky and click to explode.  Exploding fireworks using the wrong color firework curser will not count as points but will still explode the firework.  There are 4 levels, each with 3 rounds.  Keep track of your score as well as your opponents between levels with complete score results between each level.

Directions are wrong as there are 5 levels not 4.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:51 PM by Bugdozer »

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 04:44 PM »

Thanks for the pics Bug.  :thumbs: I know many will be glad to have a game they can more easily earn credits in. I am a bit concerned over the similarities with the two games. Hope they don't run into any trouble there. But, I suppose that is something they have thought about already... :hmmmm: So, I am off to play for the first time.  :waveh:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 04:50 PM »

Thanks for the pics Bug.  :thumbs: I know many will be glad to have a game they can more easily earn credits in. I am a bit concerned over the similarities with the two games. Hope they don't run into any trouble there. But, I suppose that is something they have thought about already... :hmmmm: So, I am off to play for the first time.  :waveh:

I am sorry but I think this is a new low for them. Don't they have any of their own ideas? There had to be a way to create a game that was different. Even the bird game is different the JC but this is insane it is so alike. I wonder at what point there is infringement. Would love to know what Disney thinks of this...

gshawen

• Can't believe I am 21 now.  :angel:
    Neither can the Tag Fairy
    ;)
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 05:17 PM »

This game freezes up on me so much I cannot play it. Be nice if they would make a button to not have to downlaod the sound, that might help.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 05:27 PM »

Well, I will say our daughter is thrilled - she can actually play this game as she was used to the fireworks game on VMK. I am wondering about the credit payout here as well. I know I can play a game of AWA and get a lot of credits. I know this game is shorter, so maybe it would add up to about the same?

I know they are trying very hard and are new to creating games, but this game is almost identical. Clearly a few things are different - backgrounds, fireworks look, way of scoring, but it is very similar to the fireworks game we played before. I am just wondering if they are going to have to change it in some way at some point.  :hmmmm:

Also having a bug in the lobby. Countdown to game starts over every time a new player joins.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 05:36 PM »

Well I love the music and if I could actually get fireworks on the last level it sounds so cool. I do love the 1812 Overture !!!!!! But and the biggest complaint unless you have a really good computer this game freezes so bad you can not move the space bar and give up trying to aim at any fireworks. I was never very good at fireworks on VMK but unless they tweak this to save the memory lag many players will not be able to enjoy this game.

Any suggestions on how to save memory that this game seems to eat up.

I have 1024 dual ram and can not get anything to work. after say second level and by the last level I just tried to get any fireworks to explode so it sound great with the music.

Yes very disappointed in the quality of this game. However I do enjoy it is like the old fireworks before the remix. Hate the remix got to enjoy the old game.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:49 PM by littlebelle »

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 05:50 PM »

Well, I will say our daughter is thrilled - she can actually play this game as she was used to the fireworks game on VMK. I am wondering about the credit payout here as well. I know I can play a game of AWA and get a lot of credits. I know this game is shorter, so maybe it would add up to about the same?

I know they are trying very hard and are new to creating games, but this game is almost identical. Clearly a few things are different - backgrounds, fireworks look, way of scoring, but it is very similar to the fireworks game we played before. I am just wondering if they are going to have to change it in some way at some point.  :hmmmm:

Also having a bug in the lobby. Countdown to game starts over every time a new player joins.

I thought that was just me because I just couldn't wait for it to start and kept clicking "Play" over and over and over  :rofl1:

Wow, the speed of those shooting up to sky, and my mouse having lag :( make it difficult.  I do enjoy the music, but Gas is right, perhaps a way to turn that off might help eliminate some lag.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:56 PM by funfly »

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 05:53 PM »

I do like the game and the music - quite a bit much lag and the fire works come a little fast. There are a few people coming up on the list with too much score -seems to be a descrepancy.  I DC each game and have to start again to play again. I am not bothered that the game is similar and will leave that for them to sort out...I would at that it was one of my thoughts on the delay that it may have needed to clear the lawyers.  Clearly if you are looking for real originality - you have come to the same place - if you wanted a replica - still the wrong place. I find it iss similar to when people take arcade games and make cheap emulator copies - I can play them, they are similar - and we do play but would prefer the real thing.

I like the credit - pulling in 500 a shot is not bad.

NotAZoo

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 06:02 PM »

Bug I complete understand how you feel, yet I guess I will throw a different point of view from what I have seen.  Also I don't mean this as a flame of your comments, but just something they triggered in me based on "more harsher" posts I have seen elsewhere.  

When VMK closed so many complained that there was nothing else out there comparable, yet when something comparable, almost exactly alike (just a bit "hackish") is created, people complain about that too.    It is the old "Cake and Eat It Too" saying coming to mind.   I for one am one of those who actually root on the copy cat manuvers of VFK so far....at least up until the point it is one for one and then the creativity can grow.    I personally miss VMK and am happy a similar game can occupy my time to some extent.   Obviously I think it is a long ways off from VMK, but to me the other games out there are not even close in comparison and don't fill the void which VMK left.

Plus to see a knock off of the VMK Fireworks, it actually gives me some joy to think there will be another "Haunted Mansion" like game in the works.   I guess I am just one who doesn't understand how so many petitions were signed for saving VMK for the sole reason there was no other Online Game out there for thier children etc. etc., yet when one comes along that is trying to be the same EXACT thing, all those hours spent signing, picketing, etc. are suddenly forgotten.

Look I agree, it is a little hackish as I said and yes some originality and creativity would be welcome as well, but I am happy to have a place that makes me feel a little of what I lost back in May and just can't comprehend why folks would complain about that.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:04 PM by NotAZoo »

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 06:23 PM »

Bug I complete understand how you feel, yet I guess I will throw a different point of view from what I have seen.  Also I don't mean this as a flame of your comments, but just something they triggered in me based on "more harsher" posts I have seen elsewhere.   

When VMK closed so many complained that there was nothing else out there comparable, yet when something comparable, almost exactly alike (just a bit "hackish") is created, people complain about that too.    It is the old "Cake and Eat It Too" saying coming to mind.   I for one am one of those who actually root on the copy cat manuvers of VFK so far....at least up until the point it is one for one and then the creativity can grow.    I personally miss VMK and am happy a similar game can occupy my time to some extent.   Obviously I think it is a long ways off from VMK, but to me the other games out there are not even close in comparison and don't fill the void which VMK left.

.Plus to see a knock off of the VMK Fireworks, it actually gives me some joy to think there will be another "Haunted Mansion" like game in the works.   I guess I am just one who doesn't understand how so many petitions were signed for saving VMK for the sole reason there was no other Online Game out there for thier children etc. etc., yet when one comes along that is trying to be the same EXACT thing, all those hours spent signing, picketing, etc. are suddenly forgotten.

Look I agree, it is a little hackish as I said and yes some originality and creativity would be welcome as well, but I am happy to have a place that makes me feel a little of what I lost back in May and just can't comprehend why folks would complain about that.

I have not forgotten our battle to save VMK. I for one did not want an exact copy. We have laid the game to rest and have moved on with our lives-which was not easy for us. I wanted to see a new fresh original game. One based on family play and spending time with friends. I was hoping for the history that was promised us not some mish mash try to make reason out of their theme. I was hoping for fun cool games not copies of the ones we had. I think they are trying to cash in on the vmk fame it i think that is truly pitiful-sorry the way i feel. I also worry that at some point they are crossing the line. Disney will only tolerate so much and when they tire of it they will do something about it. 

Bug

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:26 PM by Purpleduck »

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 06:24 PM »

I will probably get flamed for this but sadly it is way way to much like VMK. The last round crosses the line as it looks like you are in a castle looking out at the fireworks just like in VMK. Why can't they come up with their own ideas sigh. On another note having a hard tiime getting taken into a game.

Bug

Bug I complete understand how you feel, yet I guess I will throw a different point of view from what I have seen.  Also I don't mean this as a flame of your comments, but just something they triggered in me based on "more harsher" posts I have seen elsewhere.  

When VMK closed so many complained that there was nothing else out there comparable, yet when something comparable, almost exactly alike (just a bit "hackish") is created, people complain about that too.    It is the old "Cake and Eat It Too" saying coming to mind.   I for one am one of those who actually root on the copy cat manuvers of VFK so far....at least up until the point it is one for one and then the creativity can grow.    I personally miss VMK and am happy a similar game can occupy my time to some extent.   Obviously I think it is a long ways off from VMK, but to me the other games out there are not even close in comparison and don't fill the void which VMK left.

Plus to see a knock off of the VMK Fireworks, it actually gives me some joy to think there will be another "Haunted Mansion" like game in the works.   I guess I am just one who doesn't understand how so many petitions were signed for saving VMK for the sole reason there was no other Online Game out there for thier children etc. etc., yet when one comes along that is trying to be the same EXACT thing, all those hours spent signing, picketing, etc. are suddenly forgotten.

I think you both have valid opinions.  For those that loved VMK's fireworks, it is great to see the "same" game, and be able to basically start right off with the same credits you got before.  

However, I myself too, was hoping for the game to be much more original.  I personally do not like that it is so similar too VMK's version, because I could not play that one, and this one, they come out even faster!  I suffer with tremors from my asthma meds.. have for years.  So I cannot hold still long enough to hit a "star".  I was hoping for idk, maybe a fireworks game where you had to chose the right colors, or set off your own patterns trying to mimic ones they gave, (kinda like that game Simon).

Such as it is, this is another "downer" for me.  My eyes don't let me see the birds (thanks Happy and Wendy for trying to help with those screen shots.. I shall try to get to work on memorizing those), and now VMK's fireworks.  :hitwall:

While I am speaking my opinion, I am definitely not complaining about the overall VFK game.. I still have high hopes for games I can play.. and that more of our friends might come back to it, especially with VMK's fireworks now.  (ROFL, although Lab and I will not be seen in that fireworks lobby hehe)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 06:30 PM »

I played 3 or 4 games. 

In my first game the lost connection box popped up.  I clicked okay to re-establish connection and the game continued. 

In the second game the fireworks launched at what could be considered warp speed. 

After each game I was sent back to  my room.

Interesting bug I noticed...My score was not resetting after each game.  :notme:

Woot for the 1812 Overture! 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up