VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: FIREWORKS Is Out!  (Read 31475 times)

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
FIREWORKS Is Out!
« on: July 07, 2008, 03:56 PM »

Fireworks game is out. There are 5 levels with 3 rounds each. You get 10% of your score in credits. I scored 4274 so I got 427 credits. It is basically the same game as VMK.

Bug
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:09 PM by Bugdozer »

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
Re: FIREWORKS Is Out!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 04:04 PM »

Woot!!   Thanks for the info Bug!

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 04:12 PM »

I will probably get flamed for this but sadly it is way way to much like VMK. The last round crosses the line as it looks like you are in a castle looking out at the fireworks just like in VMK. Why can't they come up with their own ideas sigh. On another note having a hard tiime getting taken into a game.

Bug

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 04:21 PM »

No flames bug, thats your feelings - thats fine.  Many I know were hoping it was similar or they would not like it.

Off to give it a try - but here are tho posted instructions

this piece of music in 1881 to commemorate Russia's victory over Napoleon's French army.  He had the innovative idea to include real cannon fire and zvons (bells) in his overture at the climax, which gives this music its amazing sound!  Today the 1812 overture is a song symbolic of freedom and is frequently played at 4th of July celebrations, like VFK's 4th of July Firework Game!  So turn up your sound and get ready for the beautiful music of Tchaikovsky as you light the night sky with fireworks! 

Instructions

The goal of our VFK 4th of July Firework game is to fill the night sky with sparkling fireworks, have a lot of fun, and earn a few credits too! Hitting fireworks as they turn into stars will earn the most points, remember exploding lower fireworks or fireworks before they become stars will still give you points, the higher the firework is in the sky before you explode it the higher the points!

Match the firework curser to the firework in the sky and click to explode.  Exploding fireworks using the wrong color firework curser will not count as points but will still explode the firework.  There are 4 levels, each with 3 rounds.  Keep track of your score as well as your opponents between levels with complete score results between each level.

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 04:38 PM »

Level 1:

Level 2

Level 3:

Level 4:

Level 5:

Score:

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 04:41 PM »

No flames bug, thats your feelings - thats fine.  Many I know were hoping it was similar or they would not like it.

Off to give it a try - but here are tho posted instructions

this piece of music in 1881 to commemorate Russia's victory over Napoleon's French army.  He had the innovative idea to include real cannon fire and zvons (bells) in his overture at the climax, which gives this music its amazing sound!  Today the 1812 overture is a song symbolic of freedom and is frequently played at 4th of July celebrations, like VFK's 4th of July Firework Game!  So turn up your sound and get ready for the beautiful music of Tchaikovsky as you light the night sky with fireworks! 

Instructions

The goal of our VFK 4th of July Firework game is to fill the night sky with sparkling fireworks, have a lot of fun, and earn a few credits too! Hitting fireworks as they turn into stars will earn the most points, remember exploding lower fireworks or fireworks before they become stars will still give you points, the higher the firework is in the sky before you explode it the higher the points!

Match the firework curser to the firework in the sky and click to explode.  Exploding fireworks using the wrong color firework curser will not count as points but will still explode the firework.  There are 4 levels, each with 3 rounds.  Keep track of your score as well as your opponents between levels with complete score results between each level.

Directions are wrong as there are 5 levels not 4.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:51 PM by Bugdozer »

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 04:44 PM »

Thanks for the pics Bug.  :thumbs: I know many will be glad to have a game they can more easily earn credits in. I am a bit concerned over the similarities with the two games. Hope they don't run into any trouble there. But, I suppose that is something they have thought about already... :hmmmm: So, I am off to play for the first time.  :waveh:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 04:50 PM »

Thanks for the pics Bug.  :thumbs: I know many will be glad to have a game they can more easily earn credits in. I am a bit concerned over the similarities with the two games. Hope they don't run into any trouble there. But, I suppose that is something they have thought about already... :hmmmm: So, I am off to play for the first time.  :waveh:

I am sorry but I think this is a new low for them. Don't they have any of their own ideas? There had to be a way to create a game that was different. Even the bird game is different the JC but this is insane it is so alike. I wonder at what point there is infringement. Would love to know what Disney thinks of this...

gshawen

• Can't believe I am 21 now.  :angel:
    Neither can the Tag Fairy
    ;)
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 05:17 PM »

This game freezes up on me so much I cannot play it. Be nice if they would make a button to not have to downlaod the sound, that might help.

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 05:27 PM »

Well, I will say our daughter is thrilled - she can actually play this game as she was used to the fireworks game on VMK. I am wondering about the credit payout here as well. I know I can play a game of AWA and get a lot of credits. I know this game is shorter, so maybe it would add up to about the same?

I know they are trying very hard and are new to creating games, but this game is almost identical. Clearly a few things are different - backgrounds, fireworks look, way of scoring, but it is very similar to the fireworks game we played before. I am just wondering if they are going to have to change it in some way at some point.  :hmmmm:

Also having a bug in the lobby. Countdown to game starts over every time a new player joins.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 05:36 PM »

Well I love the music and if I could actually get fireworks on the last level it sounds so cool. I do love the 1812 Overture !!!!!! But and the biggest complaint unless you have a really good computer this game freezes so bad you can not move the space bar and give up trying to aim at any fireworks. I was never very good at fireworks on VMK but unless they tweak this to save the memory lag many players will not be able to enjoy this game.

Any suggestions on how to save memory that this game seems to eat up.

I have 1024 dual ram and can not get anything to work. after say second level and by the last level I just tried to get any fireworks to explode so it sound great with the music.

Yes very disappointed in the quality of this game. However I do enjoy it is like the old fireworks before the remix. Hate the remix got to enjoy the old game.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:49 PM by littlebelle »

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 05:50 PM »

Well, I will say our daughter is thrilled - she can actually play this game as she was used to the fireworks game on VMK. I am wondering about the credit payout here as well. I know I can play a game of AWA and get a lot of credits. I know this game is shorter, so maybe it would add up to about the same?

I know they are trying very hard and are new to creating games, but this game is almost identical. Clearly a few things are different - backgrounds, fireworks look, way of scoring, but it is very similar to the fireworks game we played before. I am just wondering if they are going to have to change it in some way at some point.  :hmmmm:

Also having a bug in the lobby. Countdown to game starts over every time a new player joins.

I thought that was just me because I just couldn't wait for it to start and kept clicking "Play" over and over and over  :rofl1:

Wow, the speed of those shooting up to sky, and my mouse having lag :( make it difficult.  I do enjoy the music, but Gas is right, perhaps a way to turn that off might help eliminate some lag.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:56 PM by funfly »

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 05:53 PM »

I do like the game and the music - quite a bit much lag and the fire works come a little fast. There are a few people coming up on the list with too much score -seems to be a descrepancy.  I DC each game and have to start again to play again. I am not bothered that the game is similar and will leave that for them to sort out...I would at that it was one of my thoughts on the delay that it may have needed to clear the lawyers.  Clearly if you are looking for real originality - you have come to the same place - if you wanted a replica - still the wrong place. I find it iss similar to when people take arcade games and make cheap emulator copies - I can play them, they are similar - and we do play but would prefer the real thing.

I like the credit - pulling in 500 a shot is not bad.

NotAZoo

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 06:02 PM »

Bug I complete understand how you feel, yet I guess I will throw a different point of view from what I have seen.  Also I don't mean this as a flame of your comments, but just something they triggered in me based on "more harsher" posts I have seen elsewhere.  

When VMK closed so many complained that there was nothing else out there comparable, yet when something comparable, almost exactly alike (just a bit "hackish") is created, people complain about that too.    It is the old "Cake and Eat It Too" saying coming to mind.   I for one am one of those who actually root on the copy cat manuvers of VFK so far....at least up until the point it is one for one and then the creativity can grow.    I personally miss VMK and am happy a similar game can occupy my time to some extent.   Obviously I think it is a long ways off from VMK, but to me the other games out there are not even close in comparison and don't fill the void which VMK left.

Plus to see a knock off of the VMK Fireworks, it actually gives me some joy to think there will be another "Haunted Mansion" like game in the works.   I guess I am just one who doesn't understand how so many petitions were signed for saving VMK for the sole reason there was no other Online Game out there for thier children etc. etc., yet when one comes along that is trying to be the same EXACT thing, all those hours spent signing, picketing, etc. are suddenly forgotten.

Look I agree, it is a little hackish as I said and yes some originality and creativity would be welcome as well, but I am happy to have a place that makes me feel a little of what I lost back in May and just can't comprehend why folks would complain about that.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:04 PM by NotAZoo »

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 06:23 PM »

Bug I complete understand how you feel, yet I guess I will throw a different point of view from what I have seen.  Also I don't mean this as a flame of your comments, but just something they triggered in me based on "more harsher" posts I have seen elsewhere.   

When VMK closed so many complained that there was nothing else out there comparable, yet when something comparable, almost exactly alike (just a bit "hackish") is created, people complain about that too.    It is the old "Cake and Eat It Too" saying coming to mind.   I for one am one of those who actually root on the copy cat manuvers of VFK so far....at least up until the point it is one for one and then the creativity can grow.    I personally miss VMK and am happy a similar game can occupy my time to some extent.   Obviously I think it is a long ways off from VMK, but to me the other games out there are not even close in comparison and don't fill the void which VMK left.

.Plus to see a knock off of the VMK Fireworks, it actually gives me some joy to think there will be another "Haunted Mansion" like game in the works.   I guess I am just one who doesn't understand how so many petitions were signed for saving VMK for the sole reason there was no other Online Game out there for thier children etc. etc., yet when one comes along that is trying to be the same EXACT thing, all those hours spent signing, picketing, etc. are suddenly forgotten.

Look I agree, it is a little hackish as I said and yes some originality and creativity would be welcome as well, but I am happy to have a place that makes me feel a little of what I lost back in May and just can't comprehend why folks would complain about that.

I have not forgotten our battle to save VMK. I for one did not want an exact copy. We have laid the game to rest and have moved on with our lives-which was not easy for us. I wanted to see a new fresh original game. One based on family play and spending time with friends. I was hoping for the history that was promised us not some mish mash try to make reason out of their theme. I was hoping for fun cool games not copies of the ones we had. I think they are trying to cash in on the vmk fame it i think that is truly pitiful-sorry the way i feel. I also worry that at some point they are crossing the line. Disney will only tolerate so much and when they tire of it they will do something about it. 

Bug

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:26 PM by Purpleduck »

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 06:24 PM »

I will probably get flamed for this but sadly it is way way to much like VMK. The last round crosses the line as it looks like you are in a castle looking out at the fireworks just like in VMK. Why can't they come up with their own ideas sigh. On another note having a hard tiime getting taken into a game.

Bug

Bug I complete understand how you feel, yet I guess I will throw a different point of view from what I have seen.  Also I don't mean this as a flame of your comments, but just something they triggered in me based on "more harsher" posts I have seen elsewhere.  

When VMK closed so many complained that there was nothing else out there comparable, yet when something comparable, almost exactly alike (just a bit "hackish") is created, people complain about that too.    It is the old "Cake and Eat It Too" saying coming to mind.   I for one am one of those who actually root on the copy cat manuvers of VFK so far....at least up until the point it is one for one and then the creativity can grow.    I personally miss VMK and am happy a similar game can occupy my time to some extent.   Obviously I think it is a long ways off from VMK, but to me the other games out there are not even close in comparison and don't fill the void which VMK left.

Plus to see a knock off of the VMK Fireworks, it actually gives me some joy to think there will be another "Haunted Mansion" like game in the works.   I guess I am just one who doesn't understand how so many petitions were signed for saving VMK for the sole reason there was no other Online Game out there for thier children etc. etc., yet when one comes along that is trying to be the same EXACT thing, all those hours spent signing, picketing, etc. are suddenly forgotten.

I think you both have valid opinions.  For those that loved VMK's fireworks, it is great to see the "same" game, and be able to basically start right off with the same credits you got before.  

However, I myself too, was hoping for the game to be much more original.  I personally do not like that it is so similar too VMK's version, because I could not play that one, and this one, they come out even faster!  I suffer with tremors from my asthma meds.. have for years.  So I cannot hold still long enough to hit a "star".  I was hoping for idk, maybe a fireworks game where you had to chose the right colors, or set off your own patterns trying to mimic ones they gave, (kinda like that game Simon).

Such as it is, this is another "downer" for me.  My eyes don't let me see the birds (thanks Happy and Wendy for trying to help with those screen shots.. I shall try to get to work on memorizing those), and now VMK's fireworks.  :hitwall:

While I am speaking my opinion, I am definitely not complaining about the overall VFK game.. I still have high hopes for games I can play.. and that more of our friends might come back to it, especially with VMK's fireworks now.  (ROFL, although Lab and I will not be seen in that fireworks lobby hehe)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 06:30 PM »

I played 3 or 4 games. 

In my first game the lost connection box popped up.  I clicked okay to re-establish connection and the game continued. 

In the second game the fireworks launched at what could be considered warp speed. 

After each game I was sent back to  my room.

Interesting bug I noticed...My score was not resetting after each game.  :notme:

Woot for the 1812 Overture! 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 06:33 PM »

After playing a few more games and watching my children run to the computer to play, I have to say I am pretty happy. You are right Add, the similarity issue is theirs to deal with and I also suspect that this may have been the hold up. Zoo, you took the words right out of King's mouth. I was describing things to him over the phone and reading posts to him. (from here and other places) He simply said...Bring on the Pirates!  :pcapt2: I love the 1812 overture in the background and am happy with the game.

I sat here for a while and thought about what we were looking for in a new online community. Someplace similar to VMK, a family friendly place to play together. This game will not replace VMK to us nor will it replace our memories from there. But, we were not looking for a replacement, but something similar. That is what VFK is for us. A place to connect with friends, have some fun and play as a family. So far, so good. We have wonderful memories of our time on VMK, and take with us friendships that we cherish. But VMK is gone now and we are trying to look forward. For some of us, VFK fits the bill - for others there have been different online communities that are now our home. We are happy for everyone who has found a new virtual "home". After what King and I went through this weekend, I am so glad we have a place here to express our opinions without dividing our community. Life is just too short...  :hug:

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 06:37 PM »

I have not forgotten our battle to save VMK. I for one did not want an exact copy. We have laid the game to rest and have moved on with our lives-which was not easy for us. I wanted to see a new fresh original game. One based on family play and spending time with friends. I was hoping for the history that was promised us not some mish mash try to make reason out of their theme. I was hoping for fun cool games not copies of the ones we had. I think they are trying to cash in on the vmk fame it i think that is truly pitiful-sorry the way i feel. I also worry that at some point they are crossing the line. Disney will only tolerate so much and when they tire of it they will do something about it. 

I have such mixed feelings toward playing this fireworks game, nevermind that I have only been playing remixed for more than the past year! I played the entire 1st level, twice. I exited after the end of the 1st level. Besides not having a clue as to which game I'm supposed to be "following," I have such memories coming back to me of VMK's fireworks, that I just don't have the desire yet to really play and figure this game out. To me, this is not, and will never be THE REAL fireworks game.

My main purpose of signing onto VFK is to visit with friends who enjoy the game. I have very mixed feelings about all that is the same -- but I basically feel that there will never be another VMK, no matter what anyone does. That's probably the reason why I've been spending time in and enjoying other games more these days.

Once a bridge blocker, always a bridge blocker...
Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

NotAZoo

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 06:41 PM »

Bug like I said I didn't mean for my little rant to be a knock on your post although I know it is probably hard to believe it since it is so in tune to what you were saying.

I guess at the end of the day everyone wanted different things from VFK, some wanted something new and fresh, some wanted a duplicate, some wanted things somewhere in between, and what stinks is when there are people who didn't get what they want.   I for now am content and am ok with how it has gone so far, and for others the fireworks game probably was peoples "last straw" and will cause them to "change the channel", which is ok, as that happens in life but know they will be missed.

Now to speak about Disney having issues with this...I am curious to see how that one plays out.   I would love to know how they can get away with such a blatent copy of the VMK product, yet have seen it done in the past in the video game industry with no repercussions.   I mean Disney chose to pull their product off the market, so in my mind if Disney cared so much about what they had they wouldn't have gotten rid of it to begin with.    Yet at the end of the day it will come down to money.   If VFK makes a motherload of cash, Disney will step in and get their free check.   If it doesn't make a lot and basically skirts along, then it just proves the Disney powers that be, just really didn't care about us and only did care about the cash.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 06:45 PM »

I to like this forum. We all have different opinions and different needs. This board seems to be well balanced we cheer each other on for high scores try to help with tips and tricks in games. I get so frustrated reading complaint after complaint. Share our concerns about copyright and where that is leading. But also hearing another view of maybe they needed to clear it first with lawyers. Never thought about that. And it being a Monday not a holiday would make sense why it took longer.  If they are smart they are checking and rechecking copy right law.

I loved your idea duck about a different fireworks game to me that is what is needed. If people do not like what they see tell them your ideas. You never know what new game could pop because of it.

What hurts is that people are split. That many are calling for its closing. But as many have said where would that leave us. Still no game to call home.

I did not want a totally different game. I am enjoying VFK flaws and all. I enjoy the quests though I know nothing matches. But I sure learned a lot about the Independence day for the States.

Each person is respected for their opinion. Each sees things differently so if we can just respect each others point of view without the sacrastic tone of many of the other boards we will all be happier for it. No matter what happens to VFK.

We have kept our friendships positive :)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 06:57 PM »

Early on VFK Staff stated they want to create a game based on what the players desire.

I suggest sending feedback in via contact us.  Tell them what you like and why. Tell them what you dislike and why. Describe how you would like to see things changed. 

If they get enough messages from people stating they want them to step a bit away from the VMK look and show some more individuality....maybe they will do it.  If they are given some ideas of a new direction, if may help them to move forward in a given direction. 

Even if you don't get a reply, at least they have the feedback. 

BitBehindWench

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 06:59 PM »

Have I gone blind???  I went to check out the new game but I can't seem to find it.  Wasn't it suppose to be the Victorian section?  Perhaps VFK took it down to work out more bugs?  :??:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 07:04 PM »

You got to frank's house the one that owes everyone in VFK a popiscle. And got left to end of screen near the fence.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 07:09 PM »

You got to frank's house the one that owes everyone in VFK a popiscle. And got left to end of screen near the fence.

:rofl1: Oh this made me laugh so!  I still want my popsicle, it is  :heat: even now!

How you remembered that line from a quest gf.. wow!  :bow2:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 07:14 PM »

I to like this forum. We all have different opinions and different needs. This board seems to be well balanced we cheer each other on for high scores try to help with tips and tricks in games. I get so frustrated reading complaint after complaint.

Just to clarify I mean complaint after complaint on other boards.  Here we all have different views and respect each others opinions on this board which is so nice  :)

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 07:22 PM »

oh and also we do not have much complaining on this board. so could not be nobs board. If we do not see eye to eye it is fine on this board which I like.  I think it is very nice we can share all our opinions without the fear of being embarrassed or flame. Maybe once and a while a like spark but no flames :)

Oh and if you are reading between the lines thinking what is she really saying . Is she saying she felt a little tiny flame, when did she feel flamed? No I have never felt any off that. Just leaving it an option to others that might have. Not saying anyone has ever felt that but you never know so I am going to sit on the fence.

Now was that confusing enough for you all :)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 07:59 PM »

oh and also we do not have much complaining on this board. so could not be nobs board. If we do not see eye to eye it is fine on this board which I like.  I think it is very nice we can share all our opinions without the fear of being embarrassed or flame. Maybe once and a while a like spark but no flames :)

Oh and if you are reading between the lines thinking what is she really saying . Is she saying she felt a little tiny flame, when did she feel flamed? No I have never felt any off that. Just leaving it an option to others that might have. Not saying anyone has ever felt that but you never know so I am going to sit on the fence.

Now was that confusing enough for you all :)

:??:  is that like inferno?  :unsure: 
I get so uptight sometimes when I read elsewhere :notme:.   Sooo glad for Nobs :hug:

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 08:06 PM »

Thanks belle!  After I wrote that message, I found VFK_Finley (aka Host Finny!) and she told me.  Are they sure they hid the game well enough?  ???

Anyway, during the game, I too found that the box to reconnect kept popping up.  In most cases, I was able to close the box without losing connection to the game.  The game looked different than VMK because it doesn't tell you what shells are coming up and what combinations will give you bonus points.  I anxiously await those people like GoofyGeggy who will give us the ins and outs about scoring on this game.  I can't figure it out!

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2008, 08:19 PM »

:rofl1: Oh this made me laugh so!  I still want my popsicle, it is  :heat: even now!

Popsicles for everyone -who needs ol' Frank? :wedgie2: DRINK ON A STICK, get your DRINK ON A STICK!  :clapping:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 08:28 PM »

Popsicles for everyone -who needs ol' Frank? :wedgie2: DRINK ON A STICK, get your DRINK ON A STICK!  :clapping:

:what:  No grape?  :lolg:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 08:30 PM »

Woot, kool aid to go!

BitBehindWench

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 08:53 PM »

Purpleduck, how can I deny you a purple popsicle?   :doh:
Oh and Happy -  :rofl1: - that is all I can say!
Zoo, we may need to borrow your Kool-Aid Man Avatar to replenish our popsicle supply... He can knock down Frank's wall if he wants to.  :rofl1:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 09:02 PM »

Purpleduck, how can I deny you a purple popsicle?   :doh:
Oh and Happy -  :rofl1: - that is all I can say!
Zoo, we may need to borrow your Kool-Aid Man Avatar to replenish our popsicle supply... He can knock down Frank's wall if he wants to.  :rofl1:

Yay! Thanks Princess!  :icecream:

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 09:30 PM »

Played three games of fireworks. I like it better than VMK remixed, because I can score around 4000. On VMK remixed I could only get around 2000. I never played the original VMK fireworks, but from what I hear, I probably would have liked it better than remixed.

The music is nice. It does have bugs (as expected). Every game I got "disconnected" and would have to hit "ok" or "x" to continue the game. After the game, I was sent to my room or back to the fireworks lobby in a kind of a limbo mode. I couldn't talk or join a new game. I simply had to dc myself and log back in.

The fireworks "pointer" was a little jumpy for me. The last game I played, the fireworks were in "super-fast" mode and my pointer was twice as slow. I took the hint and stopped playing for the night.

I can make more credits this way (vs. AWA - until I learn more birds that is) but I still am longing for.....SPACE PIRATES

But overall, I say Bravo to VFK. A decent "carbon copy" of VMK Fireworks. I'm ok with that.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 10:04 PM »

I was simply amazed!  My first firework game, and I got 5,000 for a score!  I never got more than 2,000 in original vmk, and 750 in the remixed.. so I was very happy!

Real Lab, I hope you got a game in girl, I left you a message.. this isn't as bad as vmk!

Thank you Happy for your comment back!  I was able to score an additional almost 5,000 and it did hold the previous! :wavet:

(feathers crossed this wasn't beginners luck!)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 10:09 PM »

I was simply amazed!  My first firework game, and I got 5,000 for a score!  I never got more than 2,000 in original vmk, and 750 in the remixed.. so I was very happy!

Real Lab, I hope you got a game in girl, I left you a message.. this isn't as bad as vmk!

Thank you Happy for your comment back!  I was able to score an additional almost 5,000 and it did hold the previous! :wavet:

Woot Ducky!  I'm so excited for you.  Yay! gg!  It seems to hold the score until you crash or sign out.  So, while the bug is there it is a good bonus.    :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 10:10 PM by souper_happy »

BitBehindWench

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2008, 10:22 PM »

How awesome it would have been to be able to play VMK's fireworks after hours. Starting over with this game is not something that interests me right now, but I wanted to at least play it once all the way through. I don't know how I managed to memorize all the icons in VMK, but I guess I played it enough so it became a nonissue. I'm sure if I play this one enough I'll memorize these icons too. So here's my first score:

Is this good? I have no clue!?  :rofl3: Was it fun? Not yet!  :rofl3: But woot -- I made a few credits on my own, without a quest. Never thought it would be possible.  :hmm:

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 10:24 PM »

Gives purpleduck a standing ovation! You go girl!  :clap2:  :clap1: :clapping:  :dance2:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2008, 10:25 PM »

How awesome it would have been to be able to play VMK's fireworks after hours. Starting over with this game is not something that interests me right now, but I wanted to at least play it once all the way through. I don't know how I managed to memorize all the icons in VMK, but I guess I played it enough so it became a nonissue. I'm sure if I play this one enough I'll memorize these icons too. So here's my first score:

Is this good? I have no clue!?  :rofl3: Was it fun? Not yet!  :rofl3: But woot -- I made a few credits on my own, without a quest. Never thought it would be possible.  :hmm:

I was waiting to see your name up on that banner!  :clap2:  :rofl3:

AmberDaze

• I'm not dead either
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2008, 10:40 PM »

So yeah, just discovered that the scores are cumulative! ROFL Here's my second game:

I technically should be playing a ton of games for credits (as the other 2 ppl have been -- see 2 ppl above me rofl), but I just don't have it in me. At least there is a game where I can make at least 600 credits (or more, depending on if they fix the bug or not lol) if I need them.

ROFL ROFL OK, I had one more game in me...looks like so far I am averaging over 6000 points a game. Can't quite sit and play anymore games than this...there's no way yet to begin memorizing the keys, because when I click all the way to the left of the icon list to quickly get to the one all the way to the right, it sometimes brings me right to the middle icon. I'm sure it's a bug but it's just making me  :crazy4: right now.

Here's my last game:

I also don't think I'm going to playing any of the games nonstop as I did in VMK...fireworks had become quite obsessive for me at some points..it wasn't only about making credits - I actually enjoyed playing and getting a high score. If VMK taught me anything, it's to not go crazy with games. So you probably won't be seeing my name up on that high score list. Gosh, why does it feel like I'm retiring from a sport... :lolg:

I'm done in VFK for the night...hugs everyone!  :hug: :hug:

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 11:19 PM by AmberDaze »

Fireworks Highscore:
8552, on 8-2-07

lab_girl

• Are my results in yet?
    From the Smurf Generation
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 08:01 AM »

Ah, someone remembers my Unbelievably BAD Fireworks game playing skills.... I have tried the VFK game once so far....
And sadly it was so laggy and jumpy that I couldn't click the fireworks with the correct symbol :( 
I too kept getting the 'lost connection' box, I tried to quit but it kept bouncing me back into the game  :??:
(you don't get any credits if you quit the game by the way)
... that being said at least I will make more credits on this game than in VMK!!

:fishing: :cheerleader: :pbook: :pbounce: :tigger: :pmickey:
     DH                      DD       DS    DS    DS

CoralHibiscus

• Nobody pay attention
    to my rear!!!
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 08:30 AM »

ok so my score the first time I played was pretty bad.
Mostly because I was using the touchpad on my laptop. I must remember to hook up the mouse before playing!  :rofl1:

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2008, 09:27 AM »

I don't like how it looks too much like the fireworks game from VMK even if it is still cool now to be able to make fireworks
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 10:39 AM by Hakihea »

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2008, 10:25 AM »

Aww, last night was clearly beginner's luck for me to get 5000.  But oh well, it is so much better and easier to play than VMK's was.. at least for me, so that's a nice find! 

Let my son try it, and he was actually a lot worse than normal.. says he misses the VMK "coming next icon".

Was nice to see so many friends in the game though ;)

fantasymooma

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2008, 11:12 AM »

Aww I missed out on the Fireworks last night!   Hope you all had a great time.   One Question I have is where was this game located?

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2008, 11:30 AM »

Aww I missed out on the Fireworks last night!   Hope you all had a great time.   One Question I have is where was this game located?
It is located in the Victorian Age - It is not on the map ATM(unclear if it ever will be),  Go to the room titled Victorian House and exit stage left by the tree to the fireworks field (lobby)

ETA - I just got my High score 8020 - so I guess i finished the green car quest finally?  :hmmm:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 11:59 AM by Adventuredaz »

fantasymooma

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2008, 12:05 PM »

It is located in the Victorian Age - It is not on the map ATM(unclear if it ever will be),  Go to the room titled Victorian House and exit stage left by the tree to the fireworks field (lobby)

ETA - I just got my High score 8020 - so I guess i finished the green car quest finally?  :hmmm:

Thanks Adventure.  With the Fireworks Game now Open it looks like I'm going to be spending more time on VFK.  I wasn't so great at getting a good score with the Birds so I'm happy to hear the Fireworks game is giving good credits. :)

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2008, 01:36 PM »

I was just in a game with Diary this player has it figured our apparently
   - at the end of the first round he was around 800
                     then second round was around 4000
                                         third was about 8000
                    forth escapes me but I believe 14000
they finished the fith and final round just over 25000

I would say this is probably close to perfect but have nothing else to base the scpres on but it give you something to shoot for.

ETA: found post elsewhere by person - scoring was a bug see bellow for more accurate idea

Quote from: VFKDiary(elsewhere)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a bug that allowed me to get a score of 25,000 something. I don't know if this has happened to you, but when I played today, the fireworks would never disappear, so I just clicked them ten times each and got a gadjillion points (of course, 25,000 is only 2,500 in credit world). Anybody else experience this?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 12:42 PM by Adventuredaz »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2008, 01:58 PM »

I was just in a game with Diary this player has it figured our apparently
   - at the end of the first round he was around 800
                     then second round was around 4000
                                         third was about 8000
                    forth escapes me but I believe 14000
they finished the fith and final round just over 25000

I would say this is probably close to perfect but have nothing else to base the scpres on but it give you something to shoot for.

I've seen some high scores too (not mine) - I usually make 400+ but it's fun with lag and Disconnect Button each game  :lolg: I am having fun with fireworks, still trying birds too though, nice change of pace.

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2008, 02:51 PM »

While it is good to start out practicing with the correct fire work after you get the hang of that it is good to switch to trying for the star - this is the key to the scoring.  The specifics on where you get what scores will take some work and either a score watching person or a video to document it and then go back and watch I did a little watching while playing and learne in level 1 stars are worth 10 credits -hits low are 2 - almost star is 8.  I think each level works like this but I am not sure if the lower levels multiply by level - Stars do.  Level 2 stars are 20, level 3 are 30, level 4 are 4o and finally level 5 is 50.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2008, 06:04 PM »

Okay it happened last night and again just now....in the middle of a fireworks game. Bam a friend request appears in the middle of the screen.  It can eventually be cleared, but is disruptive.  Anyone else seen this?  It wasn't even someone I knew. It was a request I refused in the fireworks game lobby resurfacing.

BitBehindWench

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2008, 01:43 AM »

Ok, a little tired to explain this but this is a scoring chart for the game to give you an idea of where you want to try to get them.  The Max level is accurate and the range in each area is estimated - but simulates the need to avoid the lower zones.  This shot was taken under extream lag and shows all fire works originate from two area and have a trajectory that are all similar. Each Level is broke into 3 equal rounds. A game consists of 450 Fire works and if you hit all stars (imposible due to the firing sequence) would give a max score of 15,000 - this means any higher scores are bugs.  You DC at least once in the game and if you click connect you may get friend request that were pending or sent while you unknowingly stand in your room.

I will add or adjust this when I am awake

awesomepatty-cake

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2008, 05:10 PM »

wow Adventure nice chart - ty

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2008, 07:58 PM »

Okay it happened last night and again just now....in the middle of a fireworks game. Bam a friend request appears in the middle of the screen.  It can eventually be cleared, but is disruptive.  Anyone else seen this?  It wasn't even someone I knew. It was a request I refused in the fireworks game lobby resurfacing.

Oh I know that one! I had firework game where friend request popped up, Disconnect button surfaces, and I had an IM once, all in one game. I cleared the IM before I realized it as I was chasing a firework and clicked wrong :oops:

Congrats to everyone on their scores!
Thanks for the chart too, nice work.

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2008, 08:50 AM »

I thought maybe they fixed the DC in the middle of the game but it seems not.
- Give this a try, During the Third Level at the begining of the second round try hitting a few keys on the key board - in other words type something you don't see.  I think this may prevent DC in the middle.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2008, 12:22 PM »

This has been happening to me all the time.  I get either a friend request, a trade request or a dc box in the middle of games.  Sometimes I can't get the friend request or trade request to disappear ~ so that's loads of fun to try and play the game with that box in the middle of the screen.  lol

PS:  Thanks Add for the very nifty chart!  Nice work!    :2thunbs:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2008, 03:41 PM »

This has been happening to me all the time.  I get either a friend request, a trade request or a dc box in the middle of games.  Sometimes I can't get the friend request or trade request to disappear ~ so that's loads of fun to try and play the game with that box in the middle of the screen.  lol

When this happens to me, I just move the window down into the corner the best I can. This is a little more difficult with a pesky friend request. Then I play until the game ends and hit connect.  :)
Now off to the bird game while VFK is busy working on fireworks... :laugh2:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2008, 04:38 PM »

When this happens to me, I just move the window down into the corner the best I can. This is a little more difficult with a pesky friend request. Then I play until the game ends and hit connect.  :)

Thanks for the tip Princess!  I've always tried to get rid of the window, instead of just moving it.  So that makes more sense.  And I also didn't know that you didn't have to worry about hitting connect in that window too, I thought that you had to connect right away, otherwise you would lose your game.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2008, 05:33 PM »

Thanks for the tip Princess!  I've always tried to get rid of the window, instead of just moving it.  So that makes more sense.  And I also didn't know that you didn't have to worry about hitting connect in that window too, I thought that you had to connect right away, otherwise you would lose your game.

Wow Astro! The trip ticker is really getting close!  Hope the suitcases are ready to go! Can I hop in one of them?

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2008, 05:46 PM »

Wow Astro! The trip ticker is really getting close!  Hope the suitcases are ready to go! Can I hop in one of them?

I know, can you believe it?!  I CANNOT WAIT ~ WDW here I come ~ Woot!   :dance3:   Sure, come along Happy girl.   :waveh:

By the way speaking of fireworks ... anyone know for sure if the bug is gone?  No more nice credit earning with fake high scores? 

My highest during the brief moment I guess of good credit earning ~ Yay for bugs!   :clap1:  Of course the first day the game came out which was 7-7.  I have no idea how that girl got 35k, but I'll take the 27k anyday for sure.   ;)

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2008, 07:32 PM »

seems like the best location for developer note on fireworks:

A Note from the Developers and Graphic Artists
July 10th, 2008

We want to thank everyone for their great feedback on our new Fourth of July Fireworks game. We began developing this game shortly after we started this project. During the development of the game we reviewed numerous fireworks games dating back to the turn of the century. We also wanted to place our fireworks game at historical points in history that are the basis for our present day Fireworks displays. While some of you have already noticed much of this, we thought we would share some of the behind the scenes research and development that went into the making of our Fourth of July Fireworks game.

Firework games have historically tended to break down into three primary categories. The first category required the player to select a firework just as it was set to explode. A second category required the player to select the firework by color or type just at the moment of explosion. The third category was the coordinated firework game which used a combination of both the first and second. There were also a number of somewhat related games which were more focused on rockets and bombardment, but which followed this general scheme of play.

After reviewing all of these fireworks games, we decided that the most interesting was a coordinated approach. However, we wanted to add the ability to explode the firework as it ascended and not just at the moment of apex. This gives each player a greater range of strategies when deciding how to play a game.

The play of the game was also defined to some extent by our selection of the 1812 Overture for our music, as we wanted the number of fireworks to coordinate with the music. We also wanted the beginning levels to match the beginning of the musical piece and then build as did the music at each level.

We also selected our scenes to be reminiscent of the period involved. For instance, in the lobby for the game we find the verdure of a native forest much as you would have found in upstate New York in the year 1776. Many do not realize that New York was a dense forest of native trees at this time and impassible except on foot or by using the natural rivers and streams.

As the scenes progress in our fireworks game you will notice the transition to the depiction of the Battle at Baltimore during the war of 1812. At this time Ft. McHenry was under attack from 19 British ships, some with notable names such as the HMS Terror, the HMS Devastation, the HMS Erebus, the HMS Volcano and the HMS Meteor. It was on the fateful night of September 13th, 1814 that Francis Scott Key watched the bombardment of Ft. McHenry by these British vessels and wondered if on the following morning the United States flag would still be flying over Ft. McHenry. Indeed in the end, it was the American flag that that still flew, and Key wrote the words to the Star Spangled Banner, which became our national anthem.

For those who had the opportunity to participate in our Fourth of July Quest, you will remember that the flag which flew over Ft. McHenry was 30 ft by 42 ft in size and was made by a mother and her young daughter, Caroline, who was only 13 years old at the time. In addition, Caroline’s grandmother had also made flags for our new country during the revolutionary war.

We end the game with a view from a castle in honor of Tchaikovsky who wrote our musical selection. The 1812 Overture was originally written to inspire a love of Freedom in his native Russia, but has since become a standard to celebrate Freedom and Firework displays everywhere.

Again, we thank all of you who have told us about how much you enjoy our new Fourth of July fireworks game, and we hope our introduction in the game, the scenes and the music will inspire players to consider the history which this game represents and learn more about the times and the men and women that made freedom today possible.

Your Development Team
Virtual Family Kingdom

PS. For those who enjoy a bit of historical detail, you might notice the American and British flags during one of the depictions of the Battle of Baltimore in the game. :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up