VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Give-A-Gift!  (Read 31099 times)

hrhkit

Give-A-Gift!
« on: December 14, 2006, 10:07 AM »

Ok, for once I read the newsletter!  ;D

Give-A-Gift starts on this Friday, Dec 15. The end date says Sunday, Dec 21...however the 21st is a Thursday.  ??? The mystery gift will be given on Dec 26. Each gift costs 500 credits. You must use the "Contact Us" link, one per gift.

I also have a couple questions as I missed this event last year while I was in London...

Can you use mules to give gifts? i.e. Does the person have to be on your friends list? I have so many I want to give gifts to, but I would really like to use my mules accounts if I can...I think I will need to in order to gift everyone I want to gift.

Also, do you have to have the credits in your account at the time you make the request or at the time the gift is gifted (the 26th). Just wondering if I will have a little more time to get more credits.  :notme:

I need to get started on this ASAP, as I leave on a trip on Sunday, so I only have Friday and Saturday to get my VMK "shopping" done. Any and all info would be appreciated!

Thanks, Kit  :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 10:10 AM by hrhkit »

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Flying Carpet Magic
Re: Give-A-Gift!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 10:54 AM »

Ok, for once I read the newsletter!  ;D

Give-A-Gift starts on this Friday, Dec 15. The end date says Sunday, Dec 21...however the 21st is a Thursday.  ??? The mystery gift will be given on Dec 26. Each gift costs 500 credits. You must use the "Contact Us" link, one per gift.

I also have a couple questions as I missed this event last year while I was in London...

Can you use mules to give gifts? i.e. Does the person have to be on your friends list? I have so many I want to give gifts to, but I would really like to use my mules accounts if I can...I think I will need to in order to gift everyone I want to gift.

Also, do you have to have the credits in your account at the time you make the request or at the time the gift is gifted (the 26th). Just wondering if I will have a little more time to get more credits.  :notme:

I need to get started on this ASAP, as I leave on a trip on Sunday, so I only have Friday and Saturday to get my VMK "shopping" done. Any and all info would be appreciated!

Thanks, Kit  :)

Hey Kit and others,
Here are a few of your answers

You can use mules to do the gifting, some recommend this method for accounting purposes - and the gifting is anonymous so they won't know one way or the other until you tell your friend.  - I am sure some tell people they sent one and never do.  They don't have to be on your friends list to gift them, but you don't have a choice of gifting a lump of coal either. So it should not be an issue using unknown mules.  But no luck if there is someone you wanted to give coal to you will have to settle for buying a Goofy hat and trading it to them on your own.  The exception I believe is Staff - I don't think they deliver to staff, a few people tried last year I think and it did not deduct the credit.

Also, do you have to have the credits in your account at the time you make the request or at the time the gift is gifted (the 26th). Just wondering if I will have a little more time to get more credits. 
Credit is a bit tricky, you don't have to have the credit when you make the request but you are supposed to have it when it is gifted.  Last year some people ended up in the negative credit zone.  Seems to be some debate if this was an error or bad accounting.  Those gifts did get delivered even though like this year it said they would not. Some that ended in the negative claimed they had it calculated to the credit and was VMK's error.

It all went well with me and thought it was a good program.  The mystery gift item is not known is the one issue.  Knowing VMK it will again be the Green Wreath but there is no way to tell till the 26th.  Also not a bad idea to send yourself or a mule a gift or two if you think this is an item you might like or want to trade or sell on e-bay or whatever it is you all like to do.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 10:59 AM by Adventuredaz »

hrhkit

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 11:01 AM »

Thank you Adventure! You are a wealth of information!!!  :thumbs:

Appreciate it, Kit

DaraAllen

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 10:08 PM »

Lily was in my room for closing tonight and said that the gift is wonderful.  Of course, no one pressed her for information, but she seemed very excited about it.  Now I want to gift one to myself!

hrhkit

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 12:37 PM »

Cool! I hope it's something we've never seen before!  :thumbs:

One thing that bummed me out though...was that I only had the "birthdate" for one of my mules...sooooooo I had to use my main character for almost all of my gifting!  :-\ So much for using my mules' credits!  >:(

Too bad I didn't know way back that those birthdates were important!  :notme:

Oh, well.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 03:08 PM »

One thing that bummed me out though...was that I only had the "birthdate" for one of my mules...sooooooo I had to use my main character for almost all of my gifting!  :-\ So much for using my mules' credits!  >:(

Oh, well.

:( Aww Kit, I wish you had asked that question here first.  There is a way to find out the birthdates you used for any of your characters!

I used it and made a list of mine, so I don't have to go back and look anymore.  But for down the road, why don't you use this link and make a list for your characters: https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/myVacation/myProfile/login?bhcp=1

The screen the link presents you with, just act like it is the VMK logon page and supply your userid and password.  The next screen, on the right is a clickable option to view your profile.  This will take you to all the info you keyed in on that character including the birthdate!  ;)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

coolmainstreetgirl

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 06:16 AM »

thank you thank you thank you!  I have mules and had no idea what birthdays I had put in.  Now im back in action lol  Duck from all the flying gifts!   :hypno:

SaraAriel

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 06:26 AM »

Can you send more than 1 gift to the same person using the same account?  For instance, if I wanted all of my mules to send me 2 gifts, is that going to work?   I didn't participate in this last year.  I had only been on VMK for 2 months when Christmas came around and I was doing good just buying the stuff in the shops, much less give gifts :D

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 07:49 AM »

Can you send more than 1 gift to the same person using the same account?  For instance, if I wanted all of my mules to send me 2 gifts, is that going to work?   I didn't participate in this last year.  I had only been on VMK for 2 months when Christmas came around and I was doing good just buying the stuff in the shops, much less give gifts :D
Because they don't give us notification that it was sent or notification it was recieved I guess nobody knows for sure.  But I asked Fin if we sent them to staff would they be delivered and she replied all gifts would be delivered.  I would intrpret that to mean if you give multiples they will go out to your recipient.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 10:10 AM »

thank you thank you thank you!  I have mules and had no idea what birthdays I had put in.  Now im back in action lol  Duck from all the flying gifts!   :hypno:

You're welcome!  Glad it could help someone in time.
  ;)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

melkrirob

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 11:42 AM »

You might want to send a gift to you and one of your mules from each mule account and trade the mules gift back to yourself.

SaraAriel

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 12:04 PM »

You might want to send a gift to you and one of your mules from each mule account and trade the mules gift back to yourself.

Well that's a good idea!  Thanks!

With my luck, VMK will make the item untradeable ???

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 11:35 PM »

There Is one thing you want to watch for in screen printing your friends list.  This is particularly the case with your friends that are always in vmk.  I found one close friend missed the entire process of screen printing because she was not on when I started but was on by the time I got to the m's.  Remember everyone goes to the top of the list when they are online so watch out for those past half way that might have snuck in while you were not paying attention.  Fortunately I did miss the person when reviewing the list.  Just be sure to check your list twice for close friends you would not want to miss.

melkrirob

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 07:31 AM »

Well that's a good idea!  Thanks!

With my luck, VMK will make the item untradeable ???

I am hoping for a one time use carpet magic!!! Not!!!  ::) Can you imagine getting so many 1X magic pin expiring in 30 days!  :lol:

SaraAriel

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 01:23 PM »

I am hoping for a one time use carpet magic!!! Not!!!  ::) Can you imagine getting so many 1X magic pin expiring in 30 days!  :lol:

1x magic pins, don't get me started :o  I would really be happy to not have the coral magic as a key prize anymore.  I know mine expire before I use them all.  For unorganized people like me, we need some type of an alert that says "Hey smarty pants.  You have 2 coral magics expiring today.  Use them".

SillyQueen

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 03:00 PM »

1x magic pins, don't get me started :o  I would really be happy to not have the coral magic as a key prize anymore.  I know mine expire before I use them all.  For unorganized people like me, we need some type of an alert that says "Hey smarty pants.  You have 2 coral magics expiring today.  Use them".

Guess you are my alert! Becuase I have 3 expiring today! :mad: Stupid magic.
Why cant they rotate it, one time use coral, one time use treasure. That way we could atleast get something for our troubles.  :sb:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 07:17 AM by Decoy »

hrhkit

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 11:19 AM »

Oh, well.

:( Aww Kit, I wish you had asked that question here first.  There is a way to find out the birthdates you used for any of your characters!

I used it and made a list of mine, so I don't have to go back and look anymore.  But for down the road, why don't you use this link and make a list for your characters: https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/myVacation/myProfile/login?bhcp=1

The screen the link presents you with, just act like it is the VMK logon page and supply your userid and password.  The next screen, on the right is a clickable option to view your profile.  This will take you to all the info you keyed in on that character including the birthdate!  ;)

Thanks for the info duck.he! I wish I had had time to get this info first, believe me! But I was pressed for time. It's definitely good to know for future reference. At least I was able to do my gifting; that is the important thing.

But don't mind hrhkit when you see her standing on Main Street wearing a tarnished tiara and ugly, mismatched clothes with tincup in hand begging for spare credits (jk)  ;) ...'cause it was worth it to me to gift my friends.

:) Kit
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 11:21 AM by hrhkit »
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up