VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/17 New Puzzle Lamp ~ Elegant Flower Lamp - Blue  (Read 6535 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
5/17 New Puzzle Lamp ~ Elegant Flower Lamp - Blue
« on: May 17, 2010, 09:59 AM »

NEW Puzzle Lamp ~ Elegant Flower Lamp - Blue.  Screen shot from VFKF.

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Mermaid Melusina

Re: 5/17 New Puzzle Lamp ~ Elegant Flower Lamp - Blue
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 08:20 PM »

Oh!  Pretty!! I think this will be a popular lamp!!  Thanks Astro, I am definitely not missing any puzzles now until I get one!

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:39 PM »

That is very beautiful!  I was hoping to get the last lamp and never did.  It seems I must have bad luck since I never land on a win and my dd has only landed on a win once...and go figure it wasn't even a lamp she liked.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 11:22 PM »

The wheel is very stingy.  good luck all   :clapping:

It would be nice if we knew for certain how long puzzle lamps stick around.  Probably too much to ask though, huh?   :lolg:

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 10:01 AM »

It would be nice if we knew for certain how long puzzle lamps stick around.  Probably too much to ask though, huh?   :lolg:

UGH, this one of my biggest complaints with the puzzle stuff: there is NO consistency in how long the lamps are up!  Two months (?) for that "elegant floor lamp" and only 2 (?) weeks or so for the Lotus.....

It seems that the REALLY nice lamps don't hang around too long.  I was lucky enough to get one of these on a spin yesterday morning:  what a nice birthday surprise!  But I agree that the wheel is very stingy so far!  Bah!

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 04:23 PM »

Thanks Astro!  :bighug:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 07:28 PM »

Thanks Astro!  This lamp = I...am...in...love!

FLAME  <<--- :notme:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 05:00 AM »

Thanks Astro!  This lamp = I...am...in...love!

Oh my gosh! Flame, Do NOT say or even think that!!!! Everytime you love the lamp it is soooo difficult to obtain.  We all want one of these and you are jinxing us now!  :rofl1: :rofl1:

:bighug:

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 06:58 AM »

UGH, this one of my biggest complaints with the puzzle stuff: there is NO consistency in how long the lamps are up!  Two months (?) for that "elegant floor lamp" and only 2 (?) weeks or so for the Lotus.....

It seems that the REALLY nice lamps don't hang around too long.  I was lucky enough to get one of these on a spin yesterday morning:  what a nice birthday surprise!  But I agree that the wheel is very stingy so far!  Bah!

.it

Congrats .it, that is a wonderful b-day surprise! 

I'm curious how everyone's luck is with these lamps.  Do you usually end up being able to get one or are they very rare?  Like I said in an earlier post, I've yet to get a lamp.  At first I was doing the crosswords all the time but I just got tired of never winning and then of course when I land on a big fat zero that even deflates me even more.  I really think they need to eliminate the zero on the spinner but I guess that's another whole topic. 

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 07:11 AM »

The wheel is very stingy.  good luck all   :clapping:

It would be nice if we knew for certain how long puzzle lamps stick around.  Probably too much to ask though, huh?   :lolg:

UGH, this one of my biggest complaints with the puzzle stuff: there is NO consistency in how long the lamps are up!  Two months (?) for that "elegant floor lamp" and only 2 (?) weeks or so for the Lotus.....

It seems that the REALLY nice lamps don't hang around too long.  I was lucky enough to get one of these on a spin yesterday morning:  what a nice birthday surprise!  But I agree that the wheel is very stingy so far!  Bah!

.it

Congrats .it, that is a wonderful b-day surprise!  

I'm curious how everyone's luck is with these lamps.  Do you usually end up being able to get one or are they very rare?  Like I said in an earlier post, I've yet to get a lamp.  At first I was doing the crosswords all the time but I just got tired of never winning and then of course when I land on a big fat zero that even deflates me even more.  I really think they need to eliminate the zero on the spinner but I guess that's another whole topic.  

Congrats .it - as Aurora said that is a wonderful birthday surprise!

Aurora, I have rarely won a lamp on funfly with spins (and never get first place to automatically win)   It takes me doing spare peeps doing the same puzzle to hopefully spin a win.  

When the lotus lamp came out, I've been trying to do approximately 10 puzzles a day every day that I could - I won only 1 ....which I am thankful for.   Yesterday  I did about a dozen for this new blue lamp and got only credits (and some got 0 credits)   I agree it is very deflating to spin and land on that zero, and just makes me go ... :bm: :'(

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 08:02 AM »

Agree with you both Fun and Aurora.  Oh and Congrats .It! 

My opinion... we might have better luck at winning the lottery.   :lolg:   Seriously, the odds are ridiculous.  I am not that lucky to even win on spins.  I have maybe won on a spin a couple of times, different lamps -- especially if the lamp is out for a LONG time.  I don't even try for first, because I personally can't solve a puzzle in less than 5 minutes.   :laugh2:   I try and do some puzzles, as time allows.  Mostly I trade for mine.... credits talk when players are broke, not kidding.   :dance2:    ;)   LOVE IT.  The "puzzle dance" isn't worth the stress to me.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 11:44 AM »

The odds are crazy.  I've seen people do 100+ puzzles and get nothing.  I've seen people do 10, and get 2 lamps back-to-back.  Really, though:  10 puzzles a day is probably not enough.  Yeah, I know.  It stinks.  I'd like to say it's a numbers game and the more you do it, the more you increase your odds of winning one.  Not sure that's the case...but personally, I'm sticking with more is better. 

I've tried to hate this lamp, Fun...but it just rocks my socks too much ;)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 08:38 PM »

okay, so here's a fun little tidbit ....  um, you already have your credits or prize from the wheel, before you even actually spin.  idk, something fun to check out while your spinning away.   :crazy:

not sure if it's awarded once you actually click on crossword puzzle to solve, or after you solve it (clicking 'check puzzle' to get the wheel)... either way, the credits or prize (or zero credits) is there before you spin.  lol

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 08:45 PM »

okay, so here's a fun little tidbit ....  um, you already have your credits or prize from the wheel, before you even actually spin.  idk, something fun to check out while your spinning away.   :crazy:

not sure if it's awarded once you actually click on crossword puzzle to solve, or after you solve it (clicking 'check puzzle' to get the wheel)... either way, the credits or prize (or zero credits) is there before you spin.  lol

:ahh: :ahh: :ahh:  That is an interesting tidbit, indeed!  I will have to check that out!  Thanks, Astro!!

Aurorasparkle

• Fireworks Magic
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 01:27 AM »

I guess I'm glad to hear it's just not me...I really thought I was the only one not getting these lamps.  Of course I'm not really glad to hear that you all are having about as good of luck as me. :( I don't mind there being some work involved to get rewarded but based on my own experience with these crosswords it's been virtually impossible.  I can't even imagine a kid even attempting to spend much time on these crosswords so their chances are even slimmer.  I think VFK ought to rethink these whole crossword prizes...take the zero off the wheel, give us at least a little bit better odds of winning and give us the heads up on when the prizes are going to change.

Off topic, but I've heard mentioned trading with credits...is there a way to do that or does everyone just mean buying something for someone with your credits?

Thanks and good luck all with this new lamp!

That is interesting Astro...I'm definitely going to check that out the next time around! :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 01:29 AM by Aurorasparkle »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 10:00 AM »

Off topic, but I've heard mentioned trading with credits...is there a way to do that or does everyone just mean buying something for someone with your credits?

"bonnet bucks"... you buy something any items in the shops, that sell for full price, then trade those item(s) to the person who needs the credits.  Example: someone is selling a prior furniture item, or pin or magic or clothing, etc. for 10,000 credits.  You would buy 10 pilgrim bonnets from Autumn Imports.  You trade the person the 10 bonnets for their item they are selling.  They in turn go in their inventory and click the sell button for each of the 10 bonnets -- to get the 10,000 credits.  You get the item from them that you wanted.  You can use tiaras also, that sell for 1,500 credits -- so that you would need to buy less items, to trade for credits.   (example 2 tiaras, instead of 3 bonnets for 3k in credits)

There are more than a few items in the shops that sell back to VFK for full price.  Bonnets, tiaras and space helmets are the items I use most.  You can check this by clicking an item in your inventory.  If there is a "sell button" for that item, click it ONCE and it will tell you how much VFK will buy it back for.  (Click cancel if you don't want to sell it back)  Obviously you don't want to pick an item that only sells back for half price, or less than what you originally paid for it.

I hope this makes sense and is of some help to you.  Eventually, (probably in Gold release).... In VFK we are supposed to be able to trade credits (somehow) if you are a paying member I believe.  But for now, this is how everyone in the kingdom does it.   ;)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 11:16 AM »

"bonnet bucks"... you buy something any items in the shops, that sell for full price, then trade those item(s) to the person who needs the credits.  Example: someone is selling a prior furniture item, or pin or magic or clothing, etc. for 10,000 credits.  You would buy 10 pilgrim bonnets from Autumn Imports.  You trade the person the 10 bonnets for their item they are selling.  They in turn go in their inventory and click the sell button for each of the 10 bonnets -- to get the 10,000 credits.  You get the item from them that you wanted.  You can use tiaras also, that sell for 1,500 credits -- so that you would need to buy less items, to trade for credits.   (example 2 tiaras, instead of 3 bonnets for 3k in credits)

There are more than a few items in the shops that sell back to VFK for full price.  Bonnets, tiaras and space helmets are the items I use most.  You can check this by clicking an item in your inventory.  If there is a "sell button" for that item, click it ONCE and it will tell you how much VFK will buy it back for.  (Click cancel if you don't want to sell it back)  Obviously you don't want to pick an item that only sells back for half price, or less than what you originally paid for it.

I hope this makes sense and is of some help to you.  Eventually, (probably in Gold release).... In VFK we are supposed to be able to trade credits (somehow) if you are a paying member I believe.  But for now, this is how everyone in the kingdom does it.   ;)
You know, it seriously baffles me why VFK doesn't release some kind of 'VFK Bucks' or something in different denominations so that we can easily transfer money to other ppl.  They already allow us to buy bonnets at 1k and sell them back for the same amount.  But transferring larger amounts of credits can be ridiculous (imagine paying someone 300k for an item...).  I can't believe they haven't released anything yet.  It would be the same as releasing clothing...which we now have WAY WAY WAY too much of!!  -end of rant-

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up