VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/18 Developer Choice Award  (Read 19487 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
5/18 Developer Choice Award
« on: May 18, 2009, 09:12 AM »

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
Re: 5/18 Developer Choice Award
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 09:13 AM »

I have no idea what this is, but I'll go ahead and make updates to the first post as updates are made available.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 10:17 AM »

I have no idea what this is, but I'll go ahead and make updates to the first post as updates are made available.

Developer's Choice Award? Anything like People's Choice Awards  :rofl1: 

Thanks for info Astro!

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 10:54 AM »

I'm wondering if they have a computer program they are using to look for technical aspects of the ride building? Not sure, just a thought? :??:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 10:58 AM »

I'm wondering if they have a computer program they are using to look for technical aspects of the ride building? Not sure, just a thought? :??:

Well then they should hop right over to my rooms cause the lag is terrible maybe this new Computer program can fix this ROFL.

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 11:11 AM »

Allow me to be the first (and possibly only) one to post and say that my personal opinion (after consulting with Flamanette first, of course) is that this new award is complete BS.  There...I've said it.   :notme:

No mention was ever made by VFK of an additional 'award' (shock). 

So they're allowing a computer to choose 'winners' based on.............what criteria exactly???  I'm sorry, but I have to consider this a 'throw away' award.  Maybe so many players complained that their ride SHOULD have won that VFK dreamed up this new 'award'?  Sheesh.  They make it sound like the Developers are choosing winners...when in reality, they're letting a computer do it.  I mean...really... :hmm:  How will a computer take into consideration important things like the 'fun factor', 'creativity', etc.???  Hey, I used to be a computer programmer...and for something like this, there is no replacement for human judges actually riding the ride from beginning to end when analyzing them to determine a winner.

Blech. :td:

End of rant.

Flamanar

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 12:01 PM »

Allow me to be the first (and possibly only) one to post and say that my personal opinion (after consulting with Flamanette first, of course) is that this new award is complete BS.  There...I've said it.   :notme:

So they're allowing a computer to choose 'winners' based on.............what criteria exactly???  I'm sorry, but I have to consider this a 'throw away' award.  Maybe so many players complained that their ride SHOULD have won that VFK dreamed up this new 'award'?  Sheesh.  They make it sound like the Developers are choosing winners...when in reality, they're letting a computer do it.  I mean...really... :hmm:  How will a computer take into consideration important things like the 'fun factor', 'creativity', etc.???  Hey, I used to be a computer programmer...and for something like this, there is no replacement for human judges actually riding the ride from beginning to end when analyzing them to determine a winner.

End of rant.

Flamanar

Hello, I am Flamanette, and I totally approve of of the above  message!

And now, for my .02:

I so feel like this is just, well, BLECH.

And thank goodness we won't be censored here for saying so!  I have had my finger on the trigger over on "the other place" all day, coming so close to posting "what the ______" is this?  A new/different/totally made up category AFTER this contest is OVER???  But of course, I don't want to risk a hand slapping over yonder, so I figured I would just burn your ears up for a minute....   ;)

What are they thinking?  I was not a winner, but if I was one of the winners in the ORIGINALLY announced categories, I would be going  :td:  to this!  This in my opinion just minimizes the wins that were announced yesterday.  They've got, what, 15 more ppl getting a "unique pin and trophy" now, with more to come till the 20th of the month....Holy Heffawoozle!    :madder:

OK, turning off the rant button now!  Thanks for having this place where I can pull the trigger on a "frustration" post..... :)

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 12:08 PM »

End of rant.

Flamanar

Well, after consulting the microchip that was implanted in my wrist during Y2K, my own AI program is controlling my fingers as I type. Here are the findings the AI chip wishes to convey:

KingQuack's Mine Room has been determined to be flawless in ride placement structure and every other aspect. Thus you will soon be seeing KingQuack's name in the number one position in this "new" AI developer award category.

"What are you doing, Dave?"

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 12:22 PM »

ROFL!  :rofl1:  That was a good one, King! lol

Frankly, I rode a fair amount of rides that I thought would surely win (including Kings), but they didn't even place.  Still kindof shocked about that...and convinced that my honorable mention was a typo... :hmm:

I think they said they used 5 judges?  Maybe 1 of the judges was Sydney?  She was probably busy looking in the mirror and reassuring herself:  "I know I'm pretty attractive"....   :rofl1:

Flamanar

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 12:41 PM »

ROFL!  :rofl1:  That was a good one, King! lol

Frankly, I rode a fair amount of rides that I thought would surely win (including Kings), but they didn't even place.  Still kindof shocked about that...and convinced that my honorable mention was a typo... :hmm:

I think they said they used 5 judges?  Maybe 1 of the judges was Sydney?  She was probably busy looking in the mirror and reassuring herself:  "I know I'm pretty attractive"....   :rofl1:

Flamanar

Well maybe Syndey judged my room and after yours. Now if there should be an added award it should be the best room not rideable do to lag issues rofl. Syd felt so bad she complained about your lag she gave you extra bonus points after wanting to jump off mine after the first 5 minutes stuck in my first room. AND also cause you know how cute she is. ROFL

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 12:54 PM »

:rofl1: King and Flame and Belle!  :rofl1: :rofl1:

King, please come ride ALL the NoBS rides and have your AI chip give us all places in this Developer's Choice Awards (of course, King is still first place in this wonderfully thought-out Developer's Choice Awards ;) )

Allow me to be the first (and possibly only) one to post and say that my personal opinion (after consulting with Flamanette first, of course) is that this new award is complete BS.  There...I've said it.   :notme:

End of rant.

Flamanar
I bolded above in your post.... - prancing off to other *cough* forum *cough* because I'm probably still under effects of anesthesia.... :lolg: :sur: :rofl1: -

edit: now waiting for a hand slap http://www.vfkfanforums.com/vfk-events-new-items-additions-f3/developer-choice-award-t17608.htm#285378  :lolg:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 06:47 PM by funfly »

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 01:15 PM »

Ok for some dull as paint drying AI developement book  here it is.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=ZpuR8GnBSGcC&pg=PA79&lpg=PA79&dq=AI+Facilities+Analysis+Engine&source=bl&ots=XE53zELPuT&sig=ZENpyuHulJrmC3t7_7vtIXIBjW0&hl=en&ei=2r4RSvTtEI6uMrqJncEG&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4#PPA79,M1

From what I read I should be added real soon. It talks about techniques and problems with game design. And with my lag central I should be seeing a trophy real soon foe bad item designed for rides. Oh who am I kidding I probably crashed the judges computer. Even though it shows major flaws in animation developement design. They are still waiting for Best buy to fix their computer so they can get back to work  :rofl1: :rofl1:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:46 PM by littlebelle »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 01:22 PM »

King, please come ride ALL the NoBS rides and have your AI chip give us all places in this Developer's Choice Awards (of course, King is still first place in this wonderfully thought-out Developer's Choice Awards ;) )

Flame, told ya you'd get in less trouble here...  :lolg:

Allow me to be the first (and possibly only) one to post and say that my personal opinion (after consulting with Flamanette first, of course) is that this new award is complete BS.  There...I've said it.   :notme:

End of rant.

Flamanar
I bolded above in your post.... - prancing off to other *cough* forum *cough* because I'm probably still under effects of anesthesia.... :lolg: :sur: :rofl1: -

edit: now waiting for a hand slap http://www.vfkfanforums.com/vfk-events-new-items-additions-f3/developer-choice-award-t17608.htm#285378  :lolg:

ROFL!  You can never have too much anesthesia ;)  lol.  

Now, Fun........you KNOW what the response is gonna be to your post, don't you? :hmm:

Glad to hear you're ok, btw.  (hugs) BTW, you'll probably not feel that handslap with the anesthesia...good timing ;)

Flamanar...thinking...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 03:09 PM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 02:25 PM »

Flame, told ya you'd get in less trouble here...  :lolg:

End of rant.

Flamanar

ROFL!  You can never have too much anesthesia ;)  lol.  

Now, Fun........you KNOW what the response is gonna be to your post, don't you?????  
 ::)

Glad to hear you're ok, btw.  (hugs) BTW, you'll probably not feel that handslap with the anesthesia...good timing ;)

Flamanar...

Gosh Golly!  ;)  the other *cough* forum *cough* seems to be getting ummm..  :sur: :bm:

- thinking of asking someone there to call VFK; and passes out anesthesia to all needing it -
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:09 PM by funfly »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 02:49 PM »

Thanks for the giggles you guys!  Totally cracked me up, which I needed!   :rofl1:   :rofl1:

Anywho....I don't have any idea what this award is for either.  I too find it quite amusing, so I'll just sit back and continue to watch the fireworks go off around me.   ;)   :popcorn:   But, it makes no sense if it's for people that didn't win already, as there are a few names that are in there for either winning a Member Category Placement or an Honorable Mention already.

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 03:28 PM »

I agree with the above posts, and lol to the humor here.  That is partly the reason why I became a lurker instead of a poster in the - cough cough - other place.   To much drama for this mama!  It is nice to say what you want.  :thumb: to you gals who did post your questions and thoughts over there.   :popcorn:
Woot, woot to NoBS where we can speak (okay type lol) our true feelings.
~Dream
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 09:29 AM by DreamTulip »
  You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 03:45 PM »

Yep, things are gonna get stinky over there real soon - and I'm not even there!  :gas7: I see some adults there and in game really behaving like children. A few are saying they want the AI to have judged everyone. What?  :doh: And Princess has had a few players in game as much as say she shouldn't have gotten first place. These are adults I am talking about - of course nobody from here. She is taking a break before .It's party. She tried to open the seaside room for a bit, but decided to log off and avoid that drama. People telling her that her rides really were more about the rooms and not technical enough. Good thing we all know better and have such supportive friends. I just can't believe these were grown ups acting like this.  :uhuh: Maybe I should reload my gas and be ready!  :rofl1: Ladies and gentlemen, the show has begun!  :popc2:

How sad is it when our 8 year old says, "Mom, don't let them steal your joy in winning" - from the mouth of babes.  :angel:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up