VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/18 Developer Choice Award  (Read 19481 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 5/18 Developer Choice Award
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 04:14 PM »

Yep, things are gonna get stinky over there real soon - and I'm not even there!  :gas7: I see some adults there and in game really behaving like children. A few are saying they want the AI to have judged everyone. What?  :doh: And Princess has had a few players in game as much as say she shouldn't have gotten first place. These are adults I am talking about - of course nobody from here. She is taking a break before .It's party. She tried to open the seaside room for a bit, but decided to log off and avoid that drama. People telling her that her rides really were more about the rooms and not technical enough. Good thing we all know better and have such supportive friends. I just can't believe these were grown ups acting like this.  :uhuh: Maybe I should reload my gas and be ready!  :rofl1: Ladies and gentlemen, the show has begun!  :popc2:

How sad is it when our 8 year old says, "Mom, don't let them steal your joy in winning" - from the mouth of babes.  :angel:

Sigh.  You posted exactly what I've been thinking and seeing ever since the announcement last night.  Disgusting behaviour from adults...and a poor example for kids.  IMHO, a true test of character is being able to lose or fail with grace.  Good sportsmanship and all that.  I think the problem here is that there are people that thought they had a win 'in the bag'...then were 'letdown' when they didn't get what they expected.  I mean, really... :hmm:

Huge (hugs) to Wendy and your daughter, King...and a 'high five' to you, too.  Tell Wendy to keep her chin up and take pride in her award for her awesome handiwork! 

So glad we found where the adults are at! :yes!:

Flamanar

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 04:22 PM »

Oh my how cruel!!!!!!

For one I think Wendy did have the most beautiful room. I could have stayed in there forever :)

From the description of the ride event they were emphasing creativity. I know in VMK I always went most difficult to build. That never seems to win for anyone so this time I went on creative. Kinda got it right I guess.

What is a ride that is so techincal but boring to look at. Not much. But then there should have been a category for technically difficult because I found those rides mind boggling on how they did they. I could never ever do that. I had enough trouble knowing if it was a right or left turn I needed.

You know what I ended up with so many extra rights cause of course I would go and by lefts.

But adults coming to your room and saying that that is just unimaginable.

They should get banned for that. One thing to think it everyone has their own opinions another to say it publically. NO way!!!

So sad. I did come on to see your new room. But you were at a birthday party. Hope to see it when the feelings are back to normal.

Hey can't say I was not extremely disappointed of not making the honor list. But by now I have dealt with it and today is another day.

I am almost sure my most excellent lag rooms did me in. So I am waiting for the most lag related items in a room trophy. My Twilight to Fantasy should win hands down.  :rofl1: :rofl1:

For those who have not rode it. Warning have a snack before you get on the ride. You will be there a long time :)

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 05:44 PM »

Belle, I thought the same as you that VFK was emphasizing creativity.  When I was lucky enough to ride Princess's entry, I immediately thought she had, if not the first place winner, at least the top 3.  I was soooooo impressed at all the little flourishes that just made me break out in HUGE smiles!!  Some of the other more "technically" advanced rooms left me feeling, well, cold.  Sure they were superior in ride craftmanship but I didn't get the same warm and "goosebumpy" feeling as I had after riding Princess and Funfly's entries!

So, my point is that those complaining are probably may be very intelligent, but at the same time perhaps a bit emotionally immature.  A shame since they are missing out on some of the true joys of VFK, even life!

Did I make any sense??

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 04:23 PM »

Hugs and thanks everyone.  :bighug: I am actually not too upset over this. It actually made me sad that some of these adults are so wrapped up in this that not only did they steal joy from others, but from themsleves. I mean someone even came into .It's party last night and said "Follow the yellow lemon TURn.iDS". You are kidding me, right? I even took a pic to make sure I was reading it right. King and I busted out laughing, I mean dancing "yellow lemons Turds"?  :rofl1: I feel glad to have won, but the real fun has been riding through the rides on the ride tab and the rides of friends here. Hopefully, after King's call to VFK, Belle's room will open up so everyone can experience her lagtastic, beautiful ride!  :thumb:  :dance2:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 04:44 PM »

Hopefully, after King's call to VFK, Belle's room will open up so everyone can experience her lagtastic, beautiful ride!  :thumb:  :dance2:

awe you brought a tear to my eye. Not for the beautiful lagtsatic ride but that King would call on my behalf. To get our room rides open. That is all I really wanted to have the joy of others riding. Isn't that what it is all about :)  Not the trophy or the credits but hearing the wow thanks for the ride etc. cool to bring something back to the game for others. cause if it was just for the title I would never build a ride.

I am just so sad for you,  I figure the only way to stop this from happening is to go with a star rating. Gold silver and bronze stars and honourable mention stars. Those who are gold builders would get a gold star. ext. Those who really just put up a ride to get a flaf an yesthey are out there. Would get and honorable star. Just in case it was a 3 year old trying to build something. Then after you build so many rides you get a gold trophy rofl.

But still there would be complaining they deserved a gold star.

I hope those adults watch what they are saying after I rode some of the rides I was scratching my head. But then I said I bet they are children. Because of the titles. They would be so crush if a person came in a said that. I am sure VFK knows a lot of kids and after studying the list I really think they tried to split it up.

But that is no excuse for there not communicating with us and closing our rides. Hope that never happens again.

PSS Let them try and build your yellow brick road. And see how their hands feel.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 04:46 PM by littlebelle »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 05:30 PM »

Hugs and thanks everyone.  :bighug: I am actually not too upset over this. It actually made me sad that some of these adults are so wrapped up in this that not only did they steal joy from others, but from themsleves. I mean someone even came into .It's party last night and said "Follow the yellow lemon TURn.iDS". You are kidding me, right? I even took a pic to make sure I was reading it right. King and I busted out laughing, I mean dancing "yellow lemons Turds"?  :rofl1: I feel glad to have won, but the real fun has been riding through the rides on the ride tab and the rides of friends here. Hopefully, after King's call to VFK, Belle's room will open up so everyone can experience her lagtastic, beautiful ride!  :thumb:  :dance2:

Wow Wendy...I completely missed that at .It's party!  They would have been booted faster than you could say....well....anything really fast! LOL.  I did boot a total of 5 people last night...which gave me loads of satisfaction...one of those was booted twice and reported the second time :)  YAY!!  If I had known I could have made it an even total of 6 boots.......ahhhhh......that would have been true joy!  LOL.

Seriously, I didn't see that said, Wendy.  Apologies.  I was bombarded by IMs, messages, trade requests, and general in-room banter and fun.  Sigh.  If you could send that picture to me, though, I'd appreciate it.  Or at least the persons title.  Thanks ;)

(huge Flame hugs)

Flamanar....ah...the look in their eyes just before the boot.... :ahh: ....then the feeling of rushing wind as they hurtle towards their log in room....sigh...lol

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 06:26 PM »

Hugs Belle, I enjoyed your room ride! Hopefully VFK will get them open for everyone to see soon.  :bighug:

Disco, like you said the craftsmanship of some rides totally amazed me as to how they could get the rides to do those over/under/turns/etc; but no great "happy/joy" feeling like your room and Wendy, Belles and Sweet's, etc and so many other I've seen from our NoBS group! (I'm glad my room made you smile!  :) )

Those I did catch from our group here I absolutely loved each of your rooms that I've seen so far! I really enjoy seeing everyone's room/ride ideas and build. Way to go NoBS!  :2thunbs:

I, too, started to go through the Ride Tab list - wanted to see which they selected and have fun seeing them as well.  Some are not as exciting to me, but then I think "If they're a kid, they did a really nice job!"  In any case, I'm enjoying the rides and rooms and telling the owners if they are there.  :)

And gosh, that was some dictionary dancing for "Follow the yellow lemon TURn.iDS."   When I first saw that at It's party last night I was shocked. But "TURn.iDS"? gosh golly; and when they left quickly after saying that I figured he got the boot from Flame!  :laugh2:

Looking forward to riding and seeing more rooms!  :clap1:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 07:18 PM »

:rofl1: See, King and I also thought Flame gave them the boot, but clearly they high tailed it out of there before the boot could drop.  :uhuh: Hmm...wonder if there is a boot smilie out there?  :hmmmm: Flame, you have nothing to be responsible for in regards to this person - we had a blast at the party! Who knows, if King drank enough lemonade, we might actually be able to build a road of yellow lemon...well you know, if he passed gas with a little too much pressure.  :gas7: :ahh:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 07:23 PM »

:rofl1: See, King and I also thought Flame gave them the boot, but clearly they high tailed it out of there before the boot could drop.  :uhuh: Hmm...wonder if there is a boot smilie out there?  :hmmmm: Flame, you have nothing to be responsible for in regards to this person - we had a blast at the party! Who knows, if King drank enough lemonade, we might actually be able to build a road of yellow lemon...well you know, if he passed gas with a little too much pressure.  :gas7: :ahh:

:rofl1: :roflmao: :rofl1: :roflmao: :rofl1: :roflmao: Evidently (as we have spoken before Wendy) you and I think alot alike!

-hands King a large glass of....-  :rofl1:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 08:01 PM »

Don't you think it is funny that since they updated a new award no one has won since then. Must be a bad AI system, or there were so many excellent rooms built that it crashed after overload. Or it was just a bunch of you know what to shut people up. But then it again it got people complaining again. You can please some people some of the time, but all people never :)

I was wondering if I got disqualified because I was unsure how to get Wendy's off my peri. I thought I had done it and then I got a message it was still there. I panic because it was after 11:00 the night of the cut off and used help button but said it was for a video that Princess was making of our rides..That I really did do it all myself. Would we ever know we got disqualified. ????

« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:03 PM by littlebelle »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 11:08 PM »

LOL.  Ok Wendy :)  It wasn't my boot, sorry to say.  Lol...too much pressure???  -heads to higher ground-

Belle:  I did notice about no new winners.  Maybe they're saving the new batch (how many more?  will there be a limit???  love all the communication about it... :hmm:) of 'winners' till tomorrow...which is supposed to be the last day for the Developers Award.  Blech.  I'm guessing a crash.  lol.  I love the tag at the bottom of the announcement:  "Again, remember, this selection is made based solely on computer analysis using our AI engine."  Is that a disclaimer, or a way to lessen the significance of the new 'award', or something to try to curtail future complaints from future non-winners???  ("hey, we didn't judge the rides, the computer did!  take it up with the pooter, dude!")  Sheesh.

(hugs)

Flamanar

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 12:31 AM »

:rofl1: :roflmao: :rofl1:  Okay, you get an "exalt me" for that!!   

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 04:15 AM »

((((HUGS)))) for Wendy and everyone!

I knew the adults would had gone jealous overide, but their behavor is nothing but childish. As Flame stated, the adults in the kingdom are nothing but mentors for the younger players. A child/teen watching this behavor will mimic it, just like the VFK parrot would!

I did not see the Yellow turds.... or did Ned had bad hay the evening before? :hmmmm: However, pehaps I got a picture of the saying....

I only build for the fun of it and nothing more. Just like all the NOBS do! Yes, a reward or a torphy would look nice, but if it does not bring a smile to one's face. Is it trully worth it?

When I stepped into Wendy's ride, I really stepped right into the Wizard of Oz movie! THAT is what a ride should do! Take you in other place, while at the same time having some fun! The details were outstanding. the second room made me say out loud, "Munchkin land!!!" Also, how mastering the items is a great impact on a ride. I would had never in my wildest dreams would had thought of the Mine teleporters as part of a munchkin house!!! woot for the imagination!!!!

I have no idea how many complaints VFK has over this event, so I wonder if I should send over some Pixie Port... :drunk:

And maybe I am now a tad grateful I did not even build a ride. More stress? No thanks! Just leave it at the door next to the yellow turds....
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 05:46 AM »

I do not even understand why they are giving out these extra awards. Hey if I got added to the list it would mean really nothing.

Because those rides are not entered in the ride tab. It is just a trophy and a name so everyone can see. Bottom line in a few months if they are not your friends they will not remember who won what. And even with the list of names I still only remember my friends rides.

Now if they added those to a separate tab so others could ride then that would be great. A trophy as a second thought means nothing.

Hey I have written VFK say 10 emails over that last year and never ever got a response. Even when I tried to change my monthly membership to yearly after paying 4 months of over $12.00 Canadian to get some discount on the year. Nope never heard a word.

I am still getting rid of that extra account. And my yearly memebership is still up in the air. Basically because they never respond. The last thing I want to do is pay long distant charges to the USA. But if I have to I can guarantee I will not be renewing my yearly. But I will still play VFK. Cause that is where my friends are.

So all they have to do is at least acknowledge they received my email. I think a question about membership that is coming off my credit card should be at the top of the list. I wrote them over a month ago nothing nil nothing.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 06:10 AM by littlebelle »

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2009, 03:34 PM »

Well, I think I have unleashed the gas over at the other -cough- place.  :gas7: I was looking at a few posts over there at work, and Princess was not there to hold me back!  >:D  Not sure what will happen next, but here is a link for your enjoyment:

http://www.vfkfanforums.com/vfk-events-new-items-additions-f3/developer-choice-award-t17608-30.htm#286624

:popc2: :popcorn:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 04:02 PM »

Great post over -cough -there.  And I agree with you 100 % and told them I agree with you.

- Maybe Princess should supervise me as well -
 :lolg:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 04:05 PM by funfly »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 06:32 PM »

Well, I think I have unleashed the gas over at the other -cough- place.  :gas7: I was looking at a few posts over there at work, and Princess was not there to hold me back!  >:D  Not sure what will happen next, but here is a link for your enjoyment:

http://www.vfkfanforums.com/vfk-events-new-items-additions-f3/developer-choice-award-t17608-30.htm#286624

:popc2: :popcorn:

Wow King...you really pulled the cork out, didn't ya?  ;)  Need a light?   >:D

Loved your post, dude.  Exactly what I was thinking.  You'll see why I'm saying that shortly ;)

Your better half holds you back too?  Must be  going around.  LOL.  I have to keep from reading over there.  I have so much...to...say...  :ls:

Flamanar...the silent, but deadly...heh heh
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up