VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Egg Hunt is Back Up Again! (See Post 8)  (Read 19292 times)

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
Re: The Egg Hunt is Back Up Again! (See Post 8)
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2009, 01:48 PM »

I only hope they did not end the hunt so soon after they said they extended it! At least send a message out stating there is a problem and they are working on it. Maybe they cannot even do that? Ma'am is not talking and Neither is Mr Smith!!!! sigh... there is a Mystery going on in VFK.... yup!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2009, 03:52 PM »

Gosh! I missed alot from last night!

Luckily I had 4 eggs already; and luckily I saw this post tonight AFTER I was done work today so I ran those little VMK (oops, VFK) legs as fast as they would go to King Arthur's. Luckily the egg was still sitting there! 

I admit that had I known about these gold ears I would have done spares for extras.

Well, I'm certainly glad that VFK is relying on word of mouth to let people know about the gold egg with the gold ears.  How much more ridiculous can this get?  Hey:  I'm getting older every year...my ESP powers have diminished quite alot over the past decade.... :hmm:

They can't be doing stuff like this at the last minute.  They need to communicate this.......shtuff...to the player!!  OMG...I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY DIDN'T TELL US OF THIS!!!  I confess...I am beyond baffled.

Then there is the issue of those who stayed up VERY late last night to try to find the 4 gold eggs...and now there's eggs all over the place. 

At this point I must  :-X  There is no excuse for such a complete lack of communication about the gold ears.  Good thing people lost lots of sleep last night trying to find those elusive eggs...it's ridiculously simple now.    >:[

Flamanar...who is beside himself.

I only hope they did not end the hunt so soon after they said they extended it! At least send a message out stating there is a problem and they are working on it. Maybe they cannot even do that? Ma'am is not talking and Neither is Mr Smith!!!! sigh... there is a Mystery going on in VFK.... yup!

I changed color to above posts to say this:  So VFK shut Ma'am's and Mr. Smith's  :-X mouths so they couldn't talk about those gold ears!!   :notme:

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2009, 04:07 PM »

A big thanks to Astro for sending out in game messages about the gold ears yesterday. I think this whole VFK weekend has done Princess in. She was stressed to the max trying to get extras of things to give away because she knew with no communication friends would miss things. By last night, she was finished - literally. We were supposed to take her mom to the surgeon today, but instead ended up at our own doctor. She is resting now. I jokingly asked the doc for a "Pixie Port" and got a laugh from him when I explained what that meant. :laugh2: Who knows, maybe they need to make a chalk outline for all of us after the crazy weekend.

We did talk here about the need for better communication. It really did seem like at times they were just "winging it". Don't get me wrong, we are thankful for all of the time they spent on their own holiday weekend for us, but these things need to be spelled out on the homepage. Even just a clue about the ears - something like "Keep hunting those eggs because once you have found 4 golden ones, you may want to go someplace royal where a golden prize awaits you" or something like that.

I guess I will go pass a little gas on ma'am and sir to get 'em to talk.  :rofl1:

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2009, 04:41 PM »

AI jokingly asked the doc for a "Pixie Port" and got a laugh from him when I explained what that meant. :laugh2:
 :rofl1:

OMG King!!!! If VFK makes now Pixie Port for us,.... I am done for!!!  :roflmao:

Well, I am with Wendy! I actually sent them a Help message yesterday stating that I was burned out! And so stressed out to the max that I was taking myself off the game for a few hours! No reply to that......hehe

And I was up most of the night, like others, gathering those little imp connect the dot eggs...and then been on VFK since 9 am doing the Egg Hunt when at 3 pm, with notice whatsoever--- wack! Eggs Begone!

I have extra Gold ears if needed too, King. So let me know.

Give a hug to Wendy!!!
ScarlettPixie

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2009, 04:50 PM »

A big thanks to Astro for sending out in game messages about the gold ears yesterday. I think this whole VFK weekend has done Princess in. She was stressed to the max trying to get extras of things to give away because she knew with no communication friends would miss things. By last night, she was finished - literally. We were supposed to take her mom to the surgeon today, but instead ended up at our own doctor. She is resting now. I jokingly asked the doc for a "Pixie Port" and got a laugh from him when I explained what that meant. :laugh2: Who knows, maybe they need to make a chalk outline for all of us after the crazy weekend.

We did talk here about the need for better communication. It really did seem like at times they were just "winging it". Don't get me wrong, we are thankful for all of the time they spent on their own holiday weekend for us, but these things need to be spelled out on the homepage. Even just a clue about the ears - something like "Keep hunting those eggs because once you have found 4 golden ones, you may want to go someplace royal where a golden prize awaits you" or something like that.

I guess I will go pass a little gas on ma'am and sir to get 'em to talk.  :rofl1:

Aww :(  Thoughts and prayers for Wendy and you guys, King.  Sad that there was so much stress all the way around.  I don't believe it had to be that way.  Let's hope that VFK will learn from their mistakes to make holidays like this an enjoyable experience for both player and staff in the future.

Myself, I was ill all day yesterday (enough so that I cancelled a blood test and car inspection), and Flamanette and son were up trying to get eggs until 4:30 this morning for me.  Today was my "Remicade Tuesday", so I needed to rest. 

Seems like so many things were found out by accident...  I don't remember Halloween or even Christmas being like this. :(

Pass some gas for me while yer at it, K?  Thanks.

Flamanar...completely out of gas... :waveb:

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2009, 05:03 PM »

A lot of us when we first started playing this game, were determined to just enjoy the things we did get and the events we did happened to participate in. And not get caught up in the frenzy, like that *cough* vmk *cough* mega quest. I have to keep reminding myself that is what I want for this game, enjoyment. If it is stressful, I'm not playing it right for me. I did enjoy the egg hunt, but it was working on my computer and I had the time to fuss with it yesterday and early this morning. I have a set of gold ears on a second character if someone is really dispointed, please pm me.
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2009, 05:13 PM »

Yup I almost fell into the trap. Fortunately I did get exta white bunnies for others. Which I also like doing in VMK. I am not a trader  so what else would I do with them. I did not make the chocolate bunny which made me sad, Cause I at least tried to get into a host game. I managed to get some gold ears. So really I am good. Just need to remind myself not to become like VMK I have a life I play other games. So I will just go back to build my what ever I am building :) Hugs

Oh and a special note to Princess. Uh remember last night I said you never know if I gold egg could hatch into a gold chicken. Well it hatch into a gold bunnie ears. So how many eggs did you collect. I hope at least one. I will trade you one gold bunnie ears for one of your plain gold egg.  I know it was boring collecting eggs. But the reward at the end was worth it :)
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2009, 05:24 PM »

:grouphug3:  Hugs to all of us that got stressed and/or worked our bunny tails off. 

Hoping everyone gets rested and feels better soon!  :grouphug2:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2009, 05:40 PM »

I still have one question I need answered:

When do we get our "I SURVIVED VFK EASTER 2009" shirts????? :lolp:  :lolg:

I do feel that me and my family got sucked up into the frenzy this holiday.  I'm not a trader, either...just like to have at least 1 of everything...just to say I have it.  Time for us to take a step back and take a long look at the long weekend we just had.  :hmmmm:

Flamanar

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2009, 05:48 PM »

I still have one question I need answered:

When do we get our "I SURVIVED VFK EASTER 2009" shirts????? :lolp:  :lolg:

I do feel that me and my family got sucked up into the frenzy this holiday.  I'm not a trader, either...just like to have at least 1 of everything...just to say I have it.  Time for us to take a step back and take a long look at the long weekend we just had.  :hmmmm:

Flamanar

I can say that I was pulled away from the computer alot this weekend just because of stuff making me leave the house; so while I had some stress, it was broken up enough for me. 

I'm not a trader either, just like to have 1 of items that I can. But, I do like to get extras when I can for gifting to friends and/or kids that missed out on items.

The "I SURVIVED VFK EASTER 2009" shirts should have "NOW NEEDING PIXIE PORT" on the back.   :drunk: :lolg:

wdwdreamin

• This new job of mine has severely cut into my playtime.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2009, 05:55 PM »

I have enough stress in my real life right now that I certainly do not need it from my games.  Although I participated in all the activities this weekend I didn't drive myself crazy trying to do as much as possible.  I just tried to do what I could and have a good time.  Of course, it was AFTER the egg hunt ended that I discovered I could get credits for them and that there were gold bunny ears involved.  I may have gone ahead and tried a BIT harder if I had realized that.   :hmm:

Hopefully, things will settle down for a while now and give everybody a breather.  I'm a little busy Beta testing for Free Realms right now anyway.
Memories Vow Renewal Ceremony
Sept 24, 2011--Sunset Point @ the Polynesian Resort
Woot!!!  I was a Disney Bride!!!

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2009, 06:24 PM »

I just feel so bumbed on not finishing my people do the Egg hunts... sigh...

Next year, I got a plan! Its going to be me, my laptop, the midnight oil and lots of Pixie port!!!!! :drinkingtoast:
ScarlettPixie

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2009, 07:20 PM »

Okay, so now I log on and find out they pulled the Egg Hunt.  - shakes head -   :uhuh2:  I realize it was advertised Sunday and Monday...But, nobody told us about the additional Golden Egg either!   :mad:

I have to agree with everything everyone has said here.  I'm picking on you King, because I loved your idea of VFK at least giving a clue as to the whereabouts of the last golden egg.  I don't think that would have been too much to ask.  They wouldn't have been giving everything away by giving us a simple clue!

Futhermore, it makes me believe that this Egg Hunt was not especially easy to do... Since VFK had to go around and not only fix stuck eggs, but also add dozens and dozens more to make getting those golden eggs easier!

I'm very sadened by the fact that I couldn't reach enough people by way of in game messages.  By the time we all found out, it was sooooo late!  I thought to myself, I'm trying to message people that I know will be on yet tonight.  I tried to not make people upset, by getting a message that would have been to late for them to act on.  Personally, I was wiped out as well.  I apologize in advance to anyone that didn't get an in game message from me.  I was not doing that intentionally.  I just didn't want to make anyone upset by the message either, if I didn't think they would be in the game before closing time -- the message would have been pointless so we thought by that point.  I'm so sorry.  I feel really really bad for everyone that didn't get golden ears.   :'(   :hug:

Boo VFK, this is making me sad and reminds me of the terrible VMK Quest. 
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

KingQuackATac

• HEY!! Who stole the "gas5" smiley?
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Always a Pirate Duck
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2009, 08:20 PM »

Agreed on pretty much everything here. Astro, it did become very much like that terrible "Blackheart Quest" at times. Not knowing what was coming next, lag so bad it was hard to even complete the tasks. We spent some time today stepping back and putting it all in perspective.

I will update everyone on Princess as well. She was very dehydrated, exhausted, and her stress level had her in a lot of pain. There were things besides VFK going on here. Her mom had 2 trips to the ER over Easter weekend, holiday things, the kids baptism and a visit from my parents soon. The VFK weekend was just the thing that pushed her too far. We did get the gold earsand we do have extra. Princess was more worried about getting extras for friends here, while she should have been sleeping. Silly bird.

Her orders are rest and fluid today and she will be around tomorrow. Hugs everyone - takes a big breathe and lets one loose... :gas7:

ScarlettPixie

• Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2009, 10:22 PM »

King, lots of hugs to Princess.

ScarlettPixie

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2009, 06:05 AM »

I will update everyone on Princess as well. She was very dehydrated, exhausted, and her stress level had her in a lot of pain. There were things besides VFK going on here. Her mom had 2 trips to the ER over Easter weekend, holiday things, the kids baptism and a visit from my parents soon. The VFK weekend was just the thing that pushed her too far. We did get the gold earsand we do have extra. Princess was more worried about getting extras for friends here, while she should have been sleeping. Silly bird.

Her orders are rest and fluid today and she will be around tomorrow. Hugs everyone - takes a big breathe and lets one loose... :gas7:

King:

Just now seeing this, but wanted to add to what Flame already said:  Wendy continues to be in our family's thoughts and prayers!  Please do keep us updated when you can!

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2009, 06:21 AM »

Biggest Hugs Princess.   :hug:   :bighug:   Feel better soon, please take care.

Thank you for the update King.   :bighug:

Keeping you all, and Princess' Mom in my thoughts and prayers.   :hug:   
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up