VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Beta Host Game 10-15 8pm EST  (Read 9906 times)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Beta Host Game 10-15 8pm EST
« on: October 15, 2008, 11:15 AM »

Beta Host Game!
October 15th, 2008

The second Beta Host Game will start in 10 hours, at 5:00 PM Pacific Time!

From the homepage...looks like a host game tonight at 5pm PST/8pm EST. Good luck wishes to all to get into the game!

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
Re: Beta Host Game 10-15 8pm EST
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 02:34 PM »

I hope they let more people into the room this time so maybe I can get in, but lag is going to stink badly for me if they do.

What do they do in the host event?  I heard somewhere that they were playing a game of Simon says, but I would think that would be hard for people with very slow computers.  :madder:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

SweetasaDaisy

• Deet as a Swaisy
    It's the law, or it will be
  • Diabolical Trivia Diva
  • Inferno Magic
  • Just a Crazy Daisy
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 03:26 PM »

Next time VFK, let's schedule the host game at a point which doesn't conflict with my watching of something that only happens about every 15 years.

The Phillies one game away from the World Series! WOOT!  :yes!:

Check Out Daisy's Daily Disney Diabolical Trivia: http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?board=64.0

(Do you actually say I'm a wench?)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 03:42 PM »

Next time VFK, let's schedule the host game at a point which doesn't conflict with my watching of something that only happens about every 15 years.

Go Phillies!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:01 PM by funfly »

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 04:19 PM »

Woot!  Go Phillies!!!  (From a girl who lives in Red Sox Nation hehe)  Baseball is so slow missing an hour won't be to bad. ;)
Thanks for posting this Princess, gl to all who want in.
~Dream
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 04:22 PM by DreamTulip »
  You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 04:29 PM »

Thanks for posting Princess ~ I certainly would have not known any better, since I don't log in from the homepage.

Not sure if I'll be around or not for the event yet.  But, good luck to everyone getting in!  Go NoBS members!  Woot! 
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 05:12 PM »

I wonder if they crashed because when I signed in there was no friends list and no one on the map either.  :(

I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

Ultracoolmouse

• Burried In Treasure Magic
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 06:41 PM »

Well I found host phin but that was not much help LOL

Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on?

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 08:00 PM »

I wonder if they crashed because when I signed in there was no friends list and no one on the map either.  :(

I think the Servers were overloaded and the game sent people into Single-User Mode.  I was in and out of single-user mode for quite awhile myself.  That's all.  Hugs Krazy   :hug:

Well I found host phin but that was not much help LOL

Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on?

A very bad beta experiment, gone very wrong?  lol ~ that's what I think is happening or had happened.   :lolg:

Seems what turned out to be a beta host room, quickly turned into a room to chat with the Hosts.  The Hosts being Fin and Harmony to be exact.  And that was if you could actually get into the instance that the Hosts were in.  If the Host room was full, you were sent into a replica of the Host room, however it was only a room with yourself in it, and nobody else.

I did make it into the Chat with the Hosts room.  I was in there for at least 10 minutes, and I did not receive a prize.   :cry:  BIG - cough - attack here... Sorry.   ;)   (I saw quite a few "choosen few" receive pumpkins when I was in there.)  Then they closed the room, even though some had just made it into the room, or better yet - not everyone in the room received a pumpkin!  Seriously, knowing how difficult it is/was to get into a VFK Host Room, in my opinion if you were lucky enough to at least make it it - you should have gotten a prize!  They did not explain what you were supposed to do once you hit the Host room.  Either wait for a prize, or leave and let others in, or just talk as long as you wanted?

Here's a picture of the Chat with the Host room.  And it looks as though Fin has received a name change.  She is no longer HOST_Finley, but is now HOST_Fin.  Yes, a new pin I spy on her lanyard, but as we all know, if you click on others pins ~ it won't tell you the title of the specific pin.   :td:  They need to correct that!

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 08:16 PM »

:drinkingtoast: :drunk: :drinkingtoast2: Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I need a drink after that! King and I are buying a round for everyone! Woot!  :wavet:

Now I know why they are called Beta Host Events. When we first tried to log on, we got what many were getting... no popular room list showing or single user mode. When I finally did get on, I got this message:

Then many of us found our way into room14 which was Host Harmony's room. She said to wait behind the gate until she got back. Well, the room count was listed as 30/10 and as you will see nobody was behind the gate and she never returned.  :rofl1: King found his way in and while he had a captive audience...

Eventually, there was just a room called "Visit with the hosts" which we could never get into. (Only the empty room instance) I heard Fin had tried to have a teleporter event but had not tested the rooms, so things had gotten a little crazy. So, poor Fin and Harmony must have just opened a room and given out the pumpkins at random. Then the following message appeared:

Hopefully VFK is using these events to fix a few things, like the room descriptions still showing even if an owner isn't present and really being able to make certain rooms lockable. I think that may have been part of the problem tonight. I have heard they are trying to work on a queue, so that will help as well. I would suggest that anyone who has time might want to drop them a line suggesting perhaps a few host quests for the purple pumpkin. They do have the quest manager now and they could set them up like they used to on VMK. Have the quest up and running for a few hours and the host can be available in his/her room during the quest. Some of these kids were getting really aggressive about these pumpkins!  :arg: Well hugs to everyone! :bighug: I know many of us were messaging back and forth trying to figure things out. Just know - I think everyone, hosts included were confused!  :lolg:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 08:24 PM »

I did not read your entire post before posting above Astro. Hugs to getting in - Boo.he to not getting a purple pumpkin.  :td: Since there is no queue yet perhaps chat with host events should be come in, say hi, get your pumpkin, boot so the next can enter. However VFK does not seem to have a good system of lining people up in a room and there is no automatic way to get a prize yet. So, as it stands, getting into the room is simply the luck of the click and anyone could get in over and over if lucky enough. Off to send them a message...

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 08:33 PM »

I did not read your entire post before posting above Astro. Hugs to getting in - Boo.he to not getting a purple pumpkin.  :td: Since there is no queue yet perhaps chat with host events should be come in, say hi, get your pumpkin, boot so the next can enter. However VFK does not seem to have a good system of lining people up in a room and there is no automatic way to get a prize yet. So, as it stands, getting into the room is simply the luck of the click and anyone could get in over and over if lucky enough. Off to send them a message...

No automatic way? I don't remember for certain now, but did we get 100 day pins automatically when we logged in that day?

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 09:26 PM »

Did someone mention a free round of drinks...   :yes!: :drunk:

I did finally get into the Visit with the Host room after many tries (and pure luck as was required tonight) and spending time earlier in the room princess was referring to that a lot of people thought was the host room.  I entered the Chat room after the 10 min warning message.  I said hi to Fin and Harmony (it was great to see them as I have fond memories of Fin from VMK) and Fin was saying something along the lines of how game didn't go as planned and I said something like I think most ppl understand this is still in testing but we do appreciate all they do (goodness I sound like a brown-noser but am not, really!).  Then someone (who is in Astros pic, although I am not) randomly "won" a pumpkin and right after that she said DreamTulip wins so I think it was just random as I didn't "do" anything.  I then said tyvm and good night and left so others could enter.  However, while I was there nobody else came or went so even though I wasn't there for long it seems as though there was some hanging out going on.  I think that anyone who got into that room should have gotten a prize and am sorry to hear otherwise.  Tonight didn't go as planned so everyone was caught in confusion.  I noticed the hanging out happening a lot in VMK too which is why I always liked the events where you were put onto a ride when you entered to control wait/hanging times.  Something like they had at the end of VMK where you could meet the imagineers/hosts where they each had a section of the room and controlled the time spent and pin trading also seemed to work well.  It is difficult because it was called Chat with a Host yet there were so many people wanting to get in so no time to chat.  I can't say if there were any rules or booting since I wasn't there for long but I do beleive that the hosts are trying their best considering all the flaws that the game still has.  It is frustrating for all.     
IMO it would be best to give the prize in a quest since the system isn't ready to handle these types of games and people are getting really upset.  However, I also think that ppl (in general, not specific to here) need to remember that these are virtual things, they might not be able to get everything in game, and we are testers so really shouldn't be getting so upset.  Yeah, sometimes I am all about tough love. ;)  I am sorry for all those who tried and feel sad.   :hug:
If things don't get better this month I am happy to make my purple pumpkin a Nobs community pumpkin that we can share/trade back and forth among each other.  Just no trading it away hehe, even for all the lava lamps, magics, and surfboards I have already been offered...  ;)   

~Dream
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 09:41 PM by DreamTulip »
  You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 09:44 PM »

:yes!: Hugs Dream! I am so glad you were able to get in and be given a purple pumpkin! Hooray!  :dance2: You do not sound like a brown noser at all. The games are called BETA host games for a reason. The issues are really for the developers to observe and work on, more than issues with the hosts. I was laughing so hard a few times this evening watching all of these little virtual people running around all in the name of a purple pumpkin.  :lolg:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 10:41 PM »

Hugs my friends that went through this experience. What a mess! I was not in the game. Boo.i Astro no pumpkin.   
Congrats Dream on your pumpkin. 

A side note on the random aspect.  Although we know many things in VFK do not appear completely random, I offer this for thought.

Back in VMK days of Pirate and Princess Parties twice the I saw Fin give some Pirate Quest at random in addition to the trivia questions.  Back then she explained her method was to move the mouse around her screen (eyes closed or head turned away), the player her mouse landed on was the winner.

Is this still the case?  Only time will tell.

Happy

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Ultracoolmouse

• Burried In Treasure Magic
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 05:38 AM »

Well that was interesting to say the least LOL

I wound up in a room with host fin and there was not talking and no moving it was like a frozen room got nothing there Arg!  :td:

Then wound up in Fin's storage room with Kim which wasn't so bad  :bighug:

All in all on a scale of 1-10 I would give it a -2  :uhuh2:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 06:25 PM »

It was a...ahh...umm...interesting  :??: host event.  Things could only improve from how it was.  :lolg:  I was glad for being in the host room with friends though, even King's "crowded host room gas" - the night was a combination of fun to catch up with some friends, frustrating with single player mode or no list appearing, tiring with so much lag, disappointment for friends not winning pumpkin; and of course Woot! to Dream's for winning!   :clap1: I really loved what Dream is building with it too!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up