VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Horses  (Read 18063 times)

Disney Dreams

Re: Horses
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 11:51 AM »

Add, have I ever told you that I really like you when you get fired up!  Have a safe drive and here's hoping you have your horse when you arrive at your destination.

It's just really wrong that the SAME people are seen with items first (outside of a paid membership). 

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 11:52 AM »

Just wondering cause I do not play VFK, but do I have it right that all of the players that paid for the Horse prize pack some time back now, still do not have their horses?  :hmmmm:..............................Fee
I have to get in the car in a bit (though I am currently delaying so I can see the race) and drive to Augusta, GA where I will be stuck for the rest of the month. WHen I get there I expect to have horse - if not I have already drafted a pretty nasty note to send them about the inequities of item distribution and how we have noticed a "trend" in who gets it first.  Part of the agreement I signed up for and paid for included early access to new items, it also included an exclusive furniture item each month - which we have also not recieved - and no we did not get the package yet either.  It's hard to be happy about getting a horse real soon when I was supposed to have it months ago.  They should have been uploaded all at once during the night.  THis would be a diferent story if they had sold a different level membership that had benefits that included something like you will test things early before the rest of the paying members.  They can't use the argument that they are going in order of signing up or alphabet, in both cases I would be early on in the release. 

Well said, Add!  Have a safe trip!
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Disney Dreams

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 12:18 PM »

Okay, MAYBE there is a pattern to those who are getting them first that is able to be explained. 
The following people have also been seen with horses:
- disfaniam
- gsterg
- kirsten
- millsfan
- sleepyfancywatch
- briarotter
- isadoraq
- adventurekirten
- acefangs
- kevin
- consider (but, yeah, well.....)

It seems that Founding members are getting them in order of join time, according to staff (heard this second hand).  Someone had to be the first to sign up for a membership, right?  It seems the system adds them gradually.  Possibly a programming reason for this?  The riding outfits and rooms were added this way too, weren't they?

Also, it seems you have to sign completely out and back in to "acquire" your horse after it has been added to your inventory.  In other words, staring at your empty stable will never result in your horse simply coming home.

If all of the above is true, Add, you should have a horse upon arrival if I am remembering correctly how early you signed up for a membership.  Let us know!

- Dreams
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:28 PM by Disney Dreams »

lisuhut

• When is a queue not a queue?
  • Snowman Magic
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 01:47 PM »

HI
Two other people i have seen are
Iamabigdisfaniam
ooops

Oh to be the chosen few!!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 02:05 PM »

I was in a room of someone who got a horse already, there was another person there saying they were still waiting and they had signed up the first day of the first membership - hmmmm*cough cough*

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 02:44 PM »

I was in a room of someone who got a horse already, there was another person there saying they were still waiting and they had signed up the first day of the first membership - hmmmm*cough cough*

Hands fun fly a case of cough drops.  Picks up phone and asks for next delivery to be expedited.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

NotAZoo

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 05:32 PM »

No horse yet, but just received a bucket of glue?   Is that a bad sign?!?!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 05:38 PM »

No horse yet, but just received a bucket of glue?   Is that a bad sign?!?!

:rofl1:  Maybe that is to help you stay on the horse since we still cannot sit but in those blue seats?

(At least I hope that is why you got it, instead of the other possibility!)  :lolg:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Cawa

• I have been on and off all day
  • Cursed Storm Magic
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 07:30 PM »

I have a horse!  Champion named for the Singing Cowboy's horse (Gene Autry for your youngsters!  ;) )  I signed up almost at the end of the original founders. 

Go Angels! :yes!:
Go Angels! :angel:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 07:44 PM »

I have a horse!  Champion named for the Singing Cowboy's horse (Gene Autry for your youngsters!  ;) )  I signed up almost at the end of the original founders. 

Congratulations! 

BitBehindWench

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 10:06 PM »

Well, I arrived in Augusta at 11:15 and the guy I was changing out was still up in the office working (this should be a good couple weeks  :rofl1:) so we got some coffee and got in my room at about 1am and sure enough I have a horse.  So i will hold that letter and see if I have any more reasons to modify it and send it in the future.   The horse is pretty cool I got it out of my rooms and into the public areas just as the place closed.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 10:18 PM »

Well, I arrived in Augusta at 11:15 and the guy I was changing out was still up in the office working (this should be a good couple weeks  :rofl1:) so we got some coffee and got in my room at about 1am and sure enough I have a horse.  So i will hold that letter and see if I have any more reasons to modify it and send it in the future.   The horse is pretty cool I got it out of my rooms and into the public areas just as the place closed.

Congrats Adventure.  Glad to here you made it safely to GA and that you have a horse too. Hope all the other founders find their horses soon. 

BitBehindWench

Disney Dreams

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 12:22 AM »

Glad you arrived safely and happy to hear you had a horse waiting for you in virtual world. 

How did you get on your horse?  Do you click to move just like walking?  Do tell.....
(And I hope you don't end up at the office late every night like the guy you are changing out.

- Dreams
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 09:57 AM by Disney Dreams »

thealienstitch

• Lag may not be a new item,
    but it is Free and
    only half the calories
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
  • Blood Type: Espresso
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 12:48 AM »

It saddens me to see those who paid and trusted that they were buying a pixelated product with their money they sent to VFK did not get the product immediately after payment was received. I am very much against things that are not delivered upon payment, it really tweeks my melon and gets the hair on the back of my neck up when this occurs to me or others. Oh and being a fluffy blue alien that is a whole lot of hair to stand up on the back of my neck hee hee hee hee. I do hope you all get your stuff soon, cause it will make me smile to see all you wonderful NOBS dudes and dudettes happy happy happy.......Hugs from Fee
The good old days, the honest man, The restless heart, the Promised Land. A subtle kiss that no one sees, A broken wrist and a big trapeze. Oh well I don't mind, if you don't mind. 'Cause I don't shine if you don't shine. Before you go, can you read my mind?- "Read My Mind" by The Killers

NotAZoo

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 09:45 AM »

Ok well I have my horse now....problem is I have no clue how to ride it.   I clicked mount and nothing happens.   Do I need special riding clothes on?

EDIT: Figured it out, you actually do need to put on your riding clothes.   
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 09:54 AM by NotAZoo »

JustIce

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 12:46 PM »

- going to store to buy bulk bag of cough drops for us all -  Think these are needed, more and more from what I'm seeing.  btw, I did see *cough* someone *cough* on the map in riding outfit on a horse early this morning.

Woot Woot...you obviously didnt see me.... :rofl1: ok, i know i shouldn't be spiteful...I know that I am not a chosen one...
I was officially the final Beta founder member to get the stupid horse last night. The ironic thing was that they started releasing the Australian Brumbry's and i still had no Beta horse... :bm:

What Chapped (no pun intented.... :wtf:) my hide even more was that the same people that got to test the riding outfits got the beta horses, then got the brumbys and then had the audacity (sp) to come into the rooms where clearly NO HORSES HAD BUSINESS.... and the lag......ugh.....  :martini:....sorry I need a drink..... :martini:

Ok much better.....

My opinion on the horses...and again, my opinion :)
They need to stay where horses are meant to be.....not in my living room or my attic....not on the map and please pick up your steaming road apples...keep the horses in the park and out in your paddock.

I am done, i got that off my chest...Phew..I feel better now...
Thanks for letting me rant and ramble

~Ice

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 01:59 PM »

- going to store to buy bulk bag of cough drops for us all -  Think these are needed, more and more from what I'm seeing.  btw, I did see *cough* someone *cough* on the map in riding outfit on a horse early this morning.

Woot Woot...you obviously didnt see me.... :rofl1: ok, i know i shouldn't be spiteful...I know that I am not a chosen one...
I was officially the final Beta founder member to get the stupid horse last night. The ironic thing was that they started releasing the Australian Brumbry's and i still had no Beta horse... :bm:

What Chapped (no pun intented.... :wtf:) my hide even more was that the same people that got to test the riding outfits got the beta horses, then got the brumbys and then had the audacity (sp) to come into the rooms where clearly NO HORSES HAD BUSINESS.... and the lag......ugh.....  :martini:....sorry I need a drink..... :martini:

Ok much better.....

My opinion on the horses...and again, my opinion :)
They need to stay where horses are meant to be.....not in my living room or my attic....not on the map and please pick up your steaming road apples...keep the horses in the park and out in your paddock.

I am done, i got that off my chest...Phew..I feel better now...
Thanks for letting me rant and ramble

~Ice

:bighug:  - serves an apple martini (no worries, not road apple)-  :martini:
Last night I and another friend wanted to play the bird game, BUT a girl parked her horse across the track, got off the horse and she left the room but LEFT THE HORSE THERE so your jeep got stuck and no one could even start the game. 

Unfortunately, I've seen some others on horses blocking the exits as they sat there talking :(
Perhaps VFK could have a separate horse path in each room if they want to let them wander everywhere. Or at least not allow horses to "park" in the exits.

Ice, when you boot a horse from your living room or attic does it hurt more and you need a steel-toed boot? or can you just "shoe" it away?   :doh:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 02:04 PM by funfly »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up