VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW Room contest- Water Theme!  (Read 14068 times)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: NEW Room contest- Water Theme!
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2010, 05:36 PM »

I had all the same problems, no furniture at beginning, and troubles judging.  The first 3 rooms I judged had literally nothing in them, then I advanced to the 2 rooms that used one of those edge of the ocean type rooms, and only added a piece or two of furniture! LOL

Finally I started getting the more serious rooms, but on one beautiful room, just like the rest of you, the judging box got stuck.  I never did get to see the room again.  They told me to refresh, when i got back the judging was over.  I think I saw about 15 rooms.

It is my opinion, based on everyone having these judging issues, that not every room got judged even once.  I hope I am wrong.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2010, 05:48 PM »

I had all the same problems, no furniture at beginning, and troubles judging.  The first 3 rooms I judged had literally nothing in them, then I advanced to the 2 rooms that used one of those edge of the ocean type rooms, and only added a piece or two of furniture! LOL

Finally I started getting the more serious rooms, but on one beautiful room, just like the rest of you, the judging box got stuck.  I never did get to see the room again.  They told me to refresh, when i got back the judging was over.  I think I saw about 15 rooms.

It is my opinion, based on everyone having these judging issues, that not every room got judged even once.  I hope I am wrong.

I'm very worried you are right about some rooms not even getting judged.  My daughter and I judged probably about ten rooms each and one of the rooms we both saw.  I know I will never know, but I'll be upset if my daughter's room or mine weren't judged.  My daughter spent a lot of time working on how she wanted her room beforehand and if it was not judged it will irk me since most of the rooms I saw were terrible...one empty, some with no water and some with very little.  I would say only one out of the ten I saw was worthy of a great score.  Sorry I am saying this about these rooms but it's just how I feel.  With all the glitches going on, there needed to be more time to judge.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2010, 05:49 PM »

yep, I agree.  I highly doubt that EVERY single room even got looked at.  Sadly.  There are probably some amazing rooms that were not even seen.

Good Luck to everyone that entered!   :clapping:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Aurorasparkle

• It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mom.
  • Fireworks Magic
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2010, 06:03 PM »

Well I know for sure that there were AMAZING rooms from this board.  I'm always in awe at all of your rooms and how creative they are.  It would be such a shame if they didn't get judged. 

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2010, 06:21 PM »

I think I had every emotion known to man kind with this!  :rofl1:

Yes, loading issues... stacking issues... I did not finish the room the way I planned.. but it got done! I mostly challenged myself to my limits, hand hurting and all.. Mostly did this for the fun part of it and also did it with no practice, but only a mere sketch in my head. I did some mistakes and kicked myself for them... but oh well! This was a great experience!

As for the judging. I judged some nice rooms.. with lovely pools, lakes, rivers... and even a sea bottom room! Very imaginative rooms to many players out there. However, I did some empty rooms with no furnish at all! And some furniture rooms!

I was amazed at a few rooms during judging! And really was impressed at how quickly a person could make a room.

Good luck to all who entered!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2010, 06:25 PM »

I gather that this hour-and-a-half of waiting for results, is because they are doing some rating of rooms missed.. they should have let us go on judging..

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2010, 06:29 PM »

Results are up on home page!

Congrats to Sunday_Monkey!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 06:33 PM by Purpleduck »

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2010, 06:29 PM »

I had all the same problems, no furniture at beginning, and troubles judging.  The first 3 rooms I judged had literally nothing in them, then I advanced to the 2 rooms that used one of those edge of the ocean type rooms, and only added a piece or two of furniture! LOL

Finally I started getting the more serious rooms, but on one beautiful room, just like the rest of you, the judging box got stuck.  I never did get to see the room again.  They told me to refresh, when i got back the judging was over.  I think I saw about 15 rooms.

It is my opinion, based on everyone having these judging issues, that not every room got judged even once.  I hope I am wrong.

+1  Couldn't get on game.  Then inventory wouldn't load.  Judging problems.  I saw boatloads of people being spit out at the Opera House wondering what to do next.  I put on my Mermaid pin and hit the Judge button again and it took me to an undersea room.  There I got stuck for about 5 minutes with a 'loading room' box.  Eventually I got out of it, but maybe 10 rooms judged tops.  Ironically, the next several rooms all 3 of us were sent to!  So I'm wondering how 'random' the judging was...  I was shocked that all 3 of us all ended up in those same rooms.  I was also stunned at the number of people who were being spewed out at the Opera House.  And the last room was the most amazing....and they took the rating buttons away before I could judge it!  Sigh.

This was a last-minute decision for us.  I thought it was going to be at 3:30 EST.  :hmm:  Oops.  We were out.  While we were out, .It asked me if I'm sure that we're not doing it.  I said that it's too late now.  She said no, there's plenty of time.  Then she told me when it was supposed to start.   :shy:

So me, Hero and .It made separate rooms at the last minute.  Hero probably did the best out of the 3 of us.  We all tried our best, having only like a half hour to prepare ROFL. 

This event had serious issues.  I think the results would be much different if the rooms were able to be judged properly.  Whatever.  It's too late now...and we'll never know.

Congrats to the winners.  Better luck next time to the losers.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 06:33 PM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2010, 08:04 PM »

You're right...issues.  Inventory not load to be able to build....then judging button not in my Menu button...then finally it shows up after I send message and keep refreshing.

Then I start judging when it eventually loads....blech

I went quick but not quick enough as I never got through many to judge.

However, I had fun building my third or fourth idea for the contest.  My first one, I could not put back together again when I was timing myself  :crazy:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up