VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4/19/2010 Farming Can Be Fun and Profitable!  (Read 4476 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
4/19/2010 Farming Can Be Fun and Profitable!
« on: May 12, 2010, 10:04 PM »

http://www.smallworlds.com/2010/04/19/farming-fun-profitable/

Farming Can Be Fun and Profitable!
April 19, 2010 1:04 PM

Hello citizens.  Did you know that if you spend some time growing plants in SmallWorlds, not only do you get the reward of some lovely plants to decorate your spaces with, but you can earn yourself rather a lot of Tokens, or even Gold?  Did you know that there are some very hard working farmers making up to 50,000 tokens a day?

To make sure that you have all the information you need, I decided to put together this special report about how you can profit from your planting, and I talked to a few experts for some extra tips.

Planting Basics

The first thing I'd recommend you do is to download this SmallWorlds-citizen-created resource: SmallWorlds Farm for Dummies. Wonderfully researched and put together by SmallWorlds citizen Vinnie No, it has everything you need to know to get you started.

Buy Your Planter: Make a visit to Garden Life and buy yourself a planter or two. Click on on the planter to sow your first seed! Level up your Farmer XP to be able to plant the more interesting varieties!

Water Your Plants: Once sown, your plants will need water. Depending on the variety of plant, you will need to water them once after sowing. Higher level plants require 2 waterings.  Once a plant is mature, no matter what type, you will need to water it once a week to keep it alive & flourishing.

Water your plants at the correct times within their maturity period, and you'll be rewarded with more seeds. Look after your plants, and you'll be able to supply yourself with more than enough seeds. You can sell any surplus seeds you have. And, if you bought the planter for gold, you can sell the resulting mature plant for gold (before you harvest the seeds).

Planting for Profit!

Creating your profitable planting empire is all about selling seeds and plants. The more plants you have growing, the more seeds you can harvest.  Once your plants are mature you can choose to either harvest and sell the seeds, or sell the mature plant.

Beat the 1000 XP cap: There is a daily 1000 Farming XP cap you can earn from farming - but there's an easy way around this. You can earn 5000 Farming XP a day by using every avatar on your carousel. Every time you level up you get a token bonus. So farming using all five of your avatars is a great way to earn a sizable token fortune!
st_0110_goldcoins.png

Buy planters with Gold to sell mature plants for Gold: If you intend to sell your plants for gold once they reach maturity, make sure that you plant the seeds in a planter you have purchased for Gold. Remember that plants which have matured in a planter purchased for tokens can only be sold for tokens.

Anyone can buy and harvest High XP Level Plants: Purchase any plant you like that you see for sale - even if it's one you are unable to sow yourself. If your XP levels are not high enough to buy the seed and sow it yourself, you can still harvest the seeds from a plant you have purchased from someone.  Harvesting higher-level plants earns you XP much faster and you can on-sell the seeds you've harvested!

Useful Farming Links

The Seed Pages: Links to seed shops and farms.
The Seed Co-Op: A great place to purchase seeds.
Cross-Pollination Chart: A chart showing which plants you obtain through cross-pollination.
Plant Chart: A chart showing information for each plant.

Farming Tips From the Experts

There are a few citizens around who are really making farming work for them. If you enjoy socializing, growing new varieties of plants, or building up Tokens and Gold, you should join them.  Farming has something for everyone!
Gopu One - Farming: Social and Lucrative

Gopu says "The thing I personally enjoy the most is the social aspect. I have made many new friends!" Although he would not share exact details, Gopu has found Farming to be very profitable indeed. "Remember to be fair with your resale price and you will do great. I don't want to give away too much but I've made more from farming than months and months of having people do my missions!"

Gopu has created an amazing Seed Coop, something he really enjoys tremendously. "It's been a truly an amazing experience. We have over 30 people all working together selling their seeds here. The sense of teamwork has been amazing! I think all citizens should get involved in farming - it's such a fun and easy way to earn tokens and XP. Even if you only refund your seeds you have a potential to make a nice chunk of tokens!"

Gopu also has a small but effective tip to reduce lag when you are looking after your plants..."stay zoomed in if you have lots of plants, it really does help to reduce lag".

Thanks Gopu!

BugDozer VMK - Farming "Because I Like It"

Bugdozer runs a small store but does not farm just for the money; she farms because she likes it. "I made my store into a room that I would enjoy being in and hope others do too."  Bugdozer's also making quite a tidy sum from her efforts, she made 40,000 tokens in one day selling seeds, and can make 85 Gold from just one plant!

Bugdozer's Top Tips for Plant Store Owners

* Before you put a plant up for sale be sure to water it so it is all set for a week.
    * Label your plant - it will save lots of questions from buyers!
    * Save some of your seeds when you harvest, especially the cross pollinated ones. If you use seeds from these plants instead of raising the first plants and cross-pollinating you get the mature plant much faster.
    * I have a number of rooms and label each room with a certain type of plant in it so I can quickly find it on my list. You may like to create a watering schedule .

Many thanks Bugdozer, there are a lot of very useful tips there.

Richey Bloosman - Roll Up Your Sleeves

Richey recently posted in the forums saying "I have three farms with about 850 pots and plants on them. If you don't mind rolling up your sleeves and working hard you can make 20,000 to 30,000 tokens a day". I thought I'd check in with him to see how things were going for him!

Richey says he doesn't keep records but thinks he's currently making over 5000 tokens a day - with the potential for much much more. "I started out small and then realized the potential. As I harvested plants I would increase the number in my inventory, always buying new pots and planting the harvested plants. I can make 60 tokens per day selling plants & seeds. Multiply this by 850 plants and you can see how over 50,000 tokens a day is possible."

Thanks Richey, I wish you well in building your prosperous farming empire!

Pictured at left is the exotic 'Dew Drop' which you get by cross-pollinating the Butterfly Vine and Angel Tree. The blossoms glow in the dark.

Make a start on building YOUR Farming Fortune!

As you can see, there are lots of reasons to get into Farming on SmallWorlds and it's easy and enjoyable! Have a look at the Cross-Pollination chart to see some of the really exotic plants you can buy.

Start now and you'll be a farming success in no time at all. But most importantly citizens, enjoy yourself and have fun!

~ Kent Kronkite
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 02:38 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up