VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2/21/2010 Beam Me Up Dan, With New Space-Themed Items!  (Read 2605 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
2/21/2010 Beam Me Up Dan, With New Space-Themed Items!
« on: February 21, 2010, 07:56 PM »

From the Chronicle...sorry no time for pics.

Beam Me Up Dan, With New Space-Themed Items!

February 22, 2010 4:45 PM

Greetings citizens. I'm about to let you in on a little secret about me... I am a closet Trekkie. Yes, Star Trek has long been a true favorite of mine - and I confess that Captain James T Kirk is a bit of a hero to me! I like to think of him as "who I'd like to emulate if I were not a journalist". Being the devoted newsman that I am, I spend very little time ever thinking such things, but now and then the thought pops up.

As you can imagine, I was thrilled when the Art Department called me into a secret space in SmallWorlds to unveil the new space-themed items. I tried to keep my journalistic objectivity well in hand, but I just could not resist indulging some of my carefully hidden Star Trek fantasies once I was alone in the space.

I had such a lot of fun and I am quite sure you will too once you incorporate a few of these marvelous space-themed items into your space.

Match the new items with a new theme!

We've got a wonderful range of Themes here on SmallWorlds which would complement these new items perfectly. The most obvious is of course 'Deep Space', but you might like to try 'Terraformed' or even 'Frost Moon'.

You can pick a space theme by clicking on the Spanner Icon in your space settings bar and choosing "Theme".

The New Space Items

You'll find all the new items available for sale in Dan's Imports. Here's a preview of the entire collection so you can see what we've got for you. This collection will grow, so you can expect more space-themed items coming up at some time in the future.

* Airlock Door - A reinforced airlock door with open/close functionality
    * Airlock Window - A windowed wall with emergency shutter - can be set to open or closed
    * Configurable Wall Corner - Sides can be configured to fit a variety of situations.
    * Access Hatch - A ladder providing access to the maintenance levels. Sends out a pillar of light when in a darkened space.
    * High Tech Wall - A wall containing important circuitry.
    * Solar Lamp - A solar charged lamp, with on/off function.
    * Plasma Generator - A machine capable of harnessing the energy within plasma cells - has an animation cycle.
    * White, Green and Yellow Plasma Cells - Containers holding concentrated plasma energy (mission object).
    * PDA - An advanced PDA device (mission object).

Enter the Best Space-Themed Space Competition

I know that there will be many citizens who will be extremely keen to rush out and redecorate their spaces with these rather wonderful items! Johnny Wilde and I thought that you'd all appreciate the opportunity to win some wonderful prizes while doing so. Do take a read of his story which will give you all the details you'll need to enter the competition - oh, and the very best of luck!

Coming soon... Best Space-Themed Mission competition
We are also intending to run a Best 'Space-Themed' mission competition very soon! You may want to keep this in mind while you are designing your spaces to enter the Best Space-Themed Space Competition. Oh, I am SO looking forward to your entries!

Kent Kronkite plays Star Trek

There's no doubt about it citizens, this latest collection of items is my favorite so far. Another SmallWorlds staff member popped in while I was having my little 'play', and I was in full 'Trekkie' mode! I was having so much fun I managed to stay in-role. It was really quite a step-outside-my-comfort-zone moment for me!

Here's me standing beside the Plasma Generator, with the PDA device, Solar Lamp and some Plasma Cells at my feet.

If you keep reading, you can see I've also included a few more pictures of me interacting with the new items. I actually lost count of how many times I went in and out of that Airlock Door!

Beam me Up, Dan!

The Plasma Generator

Vital Circuitry Hidden in the Walls

The Access Hatch

Your Mission: Grab some space-themed items for your SmallWorlds space!

Citizens, I'm sure you'll enjoy these new items just as much as I have. I confess that I indulged myself with a few rather exciting thoughts which involved a total redesign of the SmallWorlds Chronicle Head Office, in a Space theme of course.

I ended up deciding that it was not really appropriate (Honesty gave me quite a stern frown when I brought it up after I had finished playing with the space items). She reminded me that it would most likely distract me from my work, which of course would simply never do.

So, I shall just have to satisfy myself with seeing how you all utilize these new items within your SmallWorlds spaces. I can well imagine that before too long it will be a 'Trekkies dream' out there in-world - and I for one am certainly looking forward to this with great anticipation! Just imagine all the the new space missions that are bound to crop up. Oh yes, I am feeling very excited indeed.

Do make a visit soon to Dan's Imports and pick up your very own Plasma Generator (and don't forget about all the other fantastic items). Remember - the future of the Starship Enterprise may be at stake!

~ Kent Kronkite

PS: Don't forget to enter your space-themed space into the Best Space-Themed Space competition, details here. You'll be in with a chance to win some great prizes.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:56 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Re: 2/21/2010 Beam Me Up Dan, With New Space-Themed Items!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 07:59 PM »

For the visual folks pics added.

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up