VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/1/2010 Happy New Year, citizens!  (Read 2433 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
1/1/2010 Happy New Year, citizens!
« on: January 02, 2010, 07:16 PM »

Happy 2010 SmallWorlds!
January 1, 2010 12:00 AM

Happy New Year, citizens!

I'd like to wish you all a wonderfully happy and prosperous 2010. It's the first day of a brand spanking new year and I'm feeling excited about what it will hold. My sense is that its going to be a wonderfully exciting one, both in-world and out. In the Chinese zodiac, 2010 is the year of the Tiger (beginning on Feb 15th). The motto of the Tiger is "I Win" and by nature Tigers are said to be lucky, vivid, lively and engaging. Sounds like a great year to me!

As well as wishing you all the very best for 2010, I'm also here to have a chat about some of what we've been working on, oh and of course to announce the wonderful new Loyalty Challenge item for January! First, let's talk about what's coming up.

We've Been Busy...

We've been working hard on some exciting new features for you. Early this year, we're planning to release SmallWorlds first in-world clothing store! You'll also see the first versions of our NPCs starting to appear in-world. That's right, Helper Barbie will soon have some robotic company! There are lots of other things we're working on too, but I can't tell you about those just yet. I just hope you'll trust me when I tell you how exciting it all is, and how thrilled I am to be a part of it.

2010 will be a fantastic year for SmallWorlds, and I'm so glad you're here to share it with us.
January Loyalty Challenge Item - The Crystal of Purity

Here's the fantastic new Loyalty Challenge prize for January. It's number two in the 'Crystal' series: the quite stunning Crystal of Purity

Looking like some mystical shard of ice (perhaps from some ancient glacier), the Crystal of Purity is the basic stone of all magic - and can be used in the same way as quartz crystal. Quartz is said to amplify, focus, transform and energize. It's perfect for focusing affirmations, like your cravings for those really cool CP Weapons in Sovereign Plaza!

The Crystal of Purity is not only beautiful, it sounds like a truly powerful item to have in your SmallWorlds space. I can always use something to help me focus, and I'm thinking that this will definitely help me in completing all of my Loyalty Challenge tasks in both January and  February so that I can be sure to collect the entire set. I can't wait to sit this one beside my Crystal of Wisdom - they will make a stunning pair!

Loyalty Challenge Items are a Great Investment

Take a read of an article we published a few months ago, it talks about why it is that getting your own Crystal of Purity is a great investment, as the value of Loyalty Challenge items have always risen in price after they are released. You could even think about obtaining two Loyalty Challenge items, so you can Combobulate one set and keep the other. The Crystal of Wisdom is so beautiful that I'll be doing just that!

Speaking of the Combobulator...
As you'll know, if you collect all three items in the Crystal Series (you'll need to collect all three Loyalty Challenge prizes in December, January, and February), you'll be able to visit the  Combobulator Laboratory, place your three crystals inside the Combobulator and a fantastic item will emerge.

The Combobulator Scientists promised me that this month they'd give me some details - but they've left us almost in the dark again. Oh I did feel frustrated and simply begged them for a clue of some sort! All they would say was that it was going to be something "mystical". Then one of them looked dreamily into the distance and whispered "they live inside the heart of someone who believes". What could that mean? At least we can all be comfortable knowing that all will be revealed next month!

Tell me more about the Loyalty Challenge

To win the Crystal of Purity you'll need to complete four weekly challenges before the end of January.

What's the Weekly Challenge?

The weekly challenge is to complete one Featured Mission, or one SuperRewards task each day for three days in a row.

The first weekly challenge you complete, you'll win 1000 tokens and move up to Emerald level.
The second weekly challenge you complete, you'll win 1500 tokens and move up to Sapphire level.
The third weekly challenge you complete, you'll win 2000 tokens and move up to Ruby level.
The fourth weekly challenge you complete, you'll win 3000 tokens and move up to Diamond level.

As you complete each weekly challenge, you'll see your gems 'fill up' in your gem holder on the right side of your screen. The lines underneath show how many daily missions you have completed for the week.

Like to know more?

Once you've completed a weekly challenge, you won't lose that challenge if you skip a week or if a new month starts. When you complete the Diamond level you get the collectible for the current month.

To get all three Loyalty Challenge items in the Crystal Series, you'll need to complete four weekly challenges before the end of December, four by the end of January, and four by the end of February.

To read information about the Loyalty Challenge in-world, just click on your gem holders which are located at the top right of your screen.

Looking forward to sharing 2010 with you!

I hope you have a ton of fun earning your gems in the month of January,and that you too are feeling a sense of excitement about what's coming up soon in SmallWorlds.

Once again, I'd like to wish each and every citizen a very Happy New Year.  Kent, myself, and the whole Chronicle team just loved reporting on SmallWorlds news for you in 2009 and we're just as excited as anything about this brand new year!

~ Honesty Blaize
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 07:29 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up