VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/9/2009 Ready, Set...GO! It's the 2.1 Release  (Read 3077 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
11/9/2009 Ready, Set...GO! It's the 2.1 Release
« on: November 09, 2009, 07:27 PM »

From the official forum-Chronicle:

Ready, Set...GO!  It's the 2.1 Release

November 10, 2009 5:52 PM

Greetings Citizens.

I am one-hundred-percent delighted to bring you this report on the SmallWorlds 2.1 release. I shared a few exciting tid-bits with you in my last report just a few days ago, and now I can tell you absolutely everything. My only dilemma is, just where on earth do I begin?

Share Your Achievements

Now you can let your social network friends know about your SmallWorlds achievements. When you achieve something special in SmallWorlds, you'll be asked if you'd like to tell your friends in Facebook, Myspace, Yahoo & Twitter about it. Keep them in touch with what you're doing - when you become VIP, when you level up your XP or CP, or when you win a tournament!

You can also let your friends know when you adopt a pet. Perhaps you can then take your pets out for a walk together?

Great New Spaces Available

Have you been rather hankering after an extremely long room? Perhaps you've got a mission in mind that would be finished to perfection if you had a Ring Archipelago (a ring of 5 islands)? Well 'hanker' no longer citizens, we've got four wonderful new spaces available for purchase! For each I've included a "zoom out" image to give you a little more context...

Skull Strait
A narrow strait dividing mountainous terrain - approx 21000 sq ft / 2000 m2. This piece of land gives a slightly scary - or just an interesting - look to your outdoor space.

Long Corridor
A long interior passageway - approx 5400 sq ft / 500 m2. I can see Art Galleries and skateboard races. What ideas do you have?

Manor Hall
A large room with two adjoining hallways - approx 6500 sq ft / 600 m2. Another interesting shaped space; I think long hallways are just so useful for displaying art and collectibles!

Ring Archipelago
A cluster of five islands - approx 17000 sq ft / 1600 m2. Just the name archipelago makes me think of being on holiday and I'm hoping a few citizens out there will create some truly relaxing places I could come and relax in after a long day at the Chronicle Head Office! You will need to install Teleports so you can move between each island.

Hello! Can We Help You?

We've got a brand new Help Centre in SmallWorlds - It's the Info Hub! Our very friendly and extremely well-informed staff will be there 24/7 to answer any SmallWorlds-related question you might have. Inside the Info Hub, you'll also find individual information stations on all aspects of SmallWorlds.Simply go to a station of your choice and check out the information you require.

The information stations are: Getting Help, Citizen Levels, XP, Missions, and Staying Safe. There are also direct portals to the Landing Pad and Basic Training. If you still have questions, just go to one of the Info Hub staff members; it's their mission in life to make sure you get your questions answered! If they can't find the answer to your question, you can be sure they'll point you in the right direction.

Peanut Labs & Gambit - All in ONE Machine!

Earning gold just got even easier and less complicated! All offer machines have been merged into one new stylish ATM machine: one style for the stores and another for the Factory. The machines will operate in the way you are familiar with; we've simply combined them for your convenience. Earning gold in SmallWorlds just couldn't be easier!

Twitter Whiteboards

Do you Twitter? Perhaps you sometimes even Tweet about your SmallWorlds achievements? I hear that one can even Re-tweet things?

Now that one did put a smile on my face... as you may recall my last article I mentioned that Twitter was not something I have seriously looked into for myself as yet, but I have to say that after seeing the new Twitter Whiteboards that are now available for purchase I do feel a little tempted.

Improved Payments Process

We've made a significant upgrade to our payments processes. You'll now find them much easier to use and much nicer to look at!

Our old system used to take you out of SmallWorlds, but now when you purchase you'll stay in-world and be taken to a page within the Chronicle to complete your transactions. We've also added some really great feature packages you can purchase - there's sure to be a package you'll like! The packages include Gamer Boy / Gamer Girl, Ultimate Magic,
Let me Entertain You, Haunting... they sound like a lot of fun to me!

We've also added Zong as a payment method (in addition to the machine in-world). Zong is now available in 26 countries - check the Zong website to see if your country is on the list.

Modern Living - New Retail Park

Modern Living is now an extremely spacious new retail park. No more pushing past other avatars in-world as you're trying to make your purchase decisions... come and shop in this great new space, it's a nice place to visit!

and another shot of this wonderful new retail shopping mecca!

Make a visit to the all new Modern Living Retail Park today. I may even go down and purchase a new Twitter Whiteboard and do a little Twitter experimentation!

Themes

I showed you an image of one of the new themes in the 2.1 Sneak Peek article, and now I can unveil all of them. These will give you a much broader scope in terms of the spaces you can create. I'm looking forward to seeing just how citizens use these in-world.

Fire and Ice - A Lava and Snow Mix

Ice age - Standard & Winter cliffs mix

Lava - A completely new Lava planet

Hawaii - Beach and Sea with lava cliffs and ground

New High Level XP Wearables

Well citizens - remember the poll I included in my 'sneak peek' article last week? I asked you to guess a mystery item. Well, a lot of you guessed correctly! Before I share with you what it is I thought I would share with you a few of the funny suggestions that citizens sent in: A Robot Cow, a Lawnmower, a Vacuum cleaner, a Photocopy Machine, a monster with the face of my Aunt (oh dear!). The citizens who guessed that it was a new wearable were 100% correct! And, what's really exciting is that we have a total of four new High Level wearables available for you in this release.

Super Bikes Helmet: Level 60 gamer. Attributes: Arcane+10, Fire+20, Speed+40, Health+60.
Master Geisha: Level 50 Social. Attributes: Arcane+10, Shadow+20, Speed+30, Health+50
Superhero Suit: Adamantium Man: Level 70 Artist. Attributes: Frost+30, Shadow+20, Speed+50, Health+70
Roguetrooper Major Helmet: Level 50 Explorer. Attributes: Fire+20, Frost+20, Speed+30, Health+60

Enjoy all the New Features!

Citizens, I'm feeling out of breath now that I've come to the end of this article. There's been so much to share with you, and I am sure that there's something in here for absolutely everyone!

Enjoy all the new features in SmallWorlds, and I'll be seeing you again very soon, right here in the Chronicle.
~ Kent Kronkite
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:03 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Re: 11/9/2009 Ready, Set...GO! It's the 2.1 Release
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 11:08 PM »

In addition there are some minor fixes in this release too:

Account transaction list is longer than 3 pages again.
List of favorite places is much larger.  One friend shows 137 spaces on her list.

The entrance to Modern Living is beautiful.  

:idea: Even very casual players should take a peek and Modern Living and ask the NPC in the Info Hub about her pet or bf/gf.  

Side note: It appears as if the Halloween Lights were not placed in the SW Emporium.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:37 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up