VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/17 Confirmation on Leaf Collections being pulled  (Read 4790 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
10/17 Confirmation on Leaf Collections being pulled
« on: October 17, 2009, 09:33 PM »

Rant on...  :rantsw:

I know of at least 1 friend that holds a Membership, and doesn't get on nearly enough as it is.  I do know that they had a difficult time even choosing which Autumn Leaf Collection to get.  I honestly don't even know if they had gotten 1 yet or not?  Well if not, it's too late.  See below.  Sorry, I will vent .. I think this is complete BS on VFKs part.  They leave ALL other Membership Items up, but pull something that was only made available for 2 weeks or a little more.  Are you kidding me?!  People paid for this gift, not to have been taken away in 2 weeks.  I don't think anyone was prepared for this.   :td:

I did send a Help Report with clarification, because there were quite a few ticked off players in Merlin's looking for them.  I also wanted to make sure I had something concrete to tell any friends if they didn't get around to choosing a gift yet.   Just an FYI for peeps here.  Autumn Leaf Collections are for sure gone. 

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 10/17 Confirmation on Leaf Collections being pulled
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 10:07 PM »

Hmm.  Very strange indeed.  The leaves are still just beginning to turn here in real.  The members leaf items should still be 'in season' at least till the end of the month, I would think.  A notice that they were going to be retired would have been nice.  Sigh...

Flamanar

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 12:33 PM »

Hmm.  Very strange indeed.  The leaves are still just beginning to turn here in real.  The members leaf items should still be 'in season' at least till the end of the month, I would think.  A notice that they were going to be retired would have been nice.  Sigh...

Flamanar

What a bummer; parrots and message boards been around for MONTHS now and these go poof in few weeks.  Has there been any other member items that you have to go and choose that they have retired?  I can't recall.  I do think that it is ridiculous to STILL have some of the older member items around; but this is going completely in the opposite direction.

And as far a notice to let us know:  Flame, Flame, dear Flame:  that would require actual communication on VFK's part and we all know that communication is not their strongpoint....

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 12:38 PM »

Let's put it this way:  Flamanar treats everything that VFK puts out as if it will disappear in a day or two.  Therefore, Flame is never surprised at 'early retirement'...which in real would be nice, come to think of it...  :lolp:

Flamanar...early retirement...sigh... :tan:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 01:54 PM »

What a bummer; parrots and message boards been around for MONTHS now and these go poof in few weeks.  Has there been any other member items that you have to go and choose that they have retired?  I can't recall.  I do think that it is ridiculous to STILL have some of the older member items around; but this is going completely in the opposite direction.

.it

I don't believe so either.  Everything that we had to go around to the stores and choose, is STILL there.  From at LEAST 3 months ago. 

The leaf collections were released on 9-29.  So they were only left out a little over 2 weeks.  That's insane in my opinion.

Is it our fault that VFK is behind in releasing Membership gifts?  NO.  So why are we being penalized for it?  That's how I feel anyway.  I really really feel bad for the players that didn't get to pick out this gift in time.  It's not their fault.  There are people that do take a 2 week vacation, if not more....If they were gone during this time period, they missed out too.  They can't even get a membership item they rightfully paid for?  Just nuts!  Just terrible in my opinion.  I know A LOT of unhappy players about this, and rightfully so.  Shame on you VFK, I hope you read this.  :(

goldengourd

• Gee, I guess I'm not as old as I thought
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 04:08 PM »

With all this, I didn't catch on that there is a new member item in its place. Writable Tombstones. lol
-PotOfGoldWench
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 05:32 PM »

Well, I have to say, I really had to take a step back from everything yesterday. The kids and King helped some late last night by taking some extras through the haunted house. I needed some time to get some perspective and stop from being upset. It has been a rough week here in real life and I always have a hard time close to Oct.19th. (the anniversary of my dad's death - also called here Grandpa's's "Heavenly" birthday) I hopped on last night after we got home from church and some errand running. (Errands are always crammed into Saturday because it is easier as I am already out.)

It was a long night and I was dissapointed to pop in here to find no more black pumpkin, leaves were pulled, etc. I am not sure what the reasoning is here, but the pulling of things and switching of prizes so quickly can begin to make playing much less fun. If I have to be on for hours and hours running mazes, haunted houses, spinning wheels for puzzles - all busy work, then blech! I know I do not need a black pixel pumpkin or a water pump or bankers lamp, etc. But it really takes the joy out of the game when so many items become so unattainable.

You all know I am usually pretty positive about things in VFK and can let a lot roll off my back. But, this time of year is busy for everyone in real life as it is. I wish there were time to play and have a chance to get some cool Halloween items. I wish they would pick 1 Host Hunt Prize per month. If they have another cool item, then have a Host event like a ride or teleporter event. Which leads me to another question. Has anyone seen Harmony or Fin? What happened to Host events besides Hunts?

Well, I am just going to try to enjoy what I can. I love the Halloween ride pieces and new rooms. The writable Tombstones are great. We are already making up poems about folks who died from King's gas.  :lolg: We may not be able to keep up with the VFK Jones', but King's gas will take them out!  :rofl1: :sur:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 07:05 PM »

Yes it is so hard to keep up that is why I stopped keeping up months ago. I find the ghosts hunt realy difficult. Especially the speed I need to click on them. Sometime my poor hand just can not click that fast some times. So it takes double the time. But bite the bullet and just put up with it. Then in a few days they change it again. Takes the fun right out of it.

But on the good side of it I did manage to get the cart and ghost lamp. So that is a good thing. Have not deen fin or harmony is ages which might be the reason why there is not host rides. Which I miss alot because it gave many people achance for a unique item.

If it is bad now wait till christmas comes. But since it is my favorite time of year I will be much more happy to do it. Halloween always gives me the creeps.

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 07:12 PM »

I could not agree with you more Princess.  It's gotten absolutely crazy to try and keep up with everything.  The game is supposed to be fun and non-stressful.  

Real life will always come first for me, and for others as well I'm sure.  It's pixels at the end of the day, if something is missed as far as I'm concerned.  I may not be happy about it, but at least I know I would have always made the right choice if/when I do miss any items.

I think the "icing on the cake" for me so to speak was the pulled autumn leaf collections.  I exploded after I saw that (in case that wasn't obvious by this thread anyway  :lolg:).  I did choose mine in time, but it just makes me sad for so many others that did not.  Made me even more furious with the response I got from VFK, basically like "too bad, so sad".  It's like ... did you all not hear what I was saying -- that some people actually have a life and might go on vacation for 2 weeks, have something going on in life and might be away from the game for a few weeks, and you go and pull a Member gift- after only 2 weeks?!  Especially since other Membership items have been left sitting around for 3 months if not longer... makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

Switching out host prizes is not a fun game to play either.  I have no idea what on earth they are thinking by doing that?  Not everyone can play every single host hunt game that is available anyway, so I don't understand what the big deal is by keeping the prize for the month??  I'd be lucky to catch at least 1 of the Hunts for the entire month!   :laugh2:  

As far as Fin and Harmony... I have a feeling they are gone, and have been gone since summer.  We have not had any Host teleporter games...I doubt any other hosts even know how to run them or build for it, for that matter.   Otherwise, I'm sure it would have been an event by now.  Not trying to start rumors, just stating the obvious.  If they are around, it would be nice if they would pop in game at least to say Hi.  But that hasn't happened either.

Hang in there Princess.  Don't stress, real life comes first and you'll always know you made the right choice.  :hug:

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 06:13 PM »

Sigh. i was actually going to purchase 4 more memberships because of the leaves... well, not really on them precisly, but still.. Going to re think now.
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up