VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bird game is most generous right now!  (Read 5557 times)

Cloudymellowdisco

• Disco Here, Datco There
  • Teleport Magic
Bird game is most generous right now!
« on: February 18, 2009, 08:24 PM »

Not sure when this started or how long it will last, or if anybody else is experiencing the same thing, but something's up with the bird game right now.  You're able to earn some big credits because it's skipping levels!  Most of the time I can tell it's going to have the bug because on the first level, you're offered two different choices (it's always the first) and you can earn up to 40 to 44 points (if you click on the answer for the last bird in the next level).  Anyway, don't know how much longer before VFK repairs, so I would hurry!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: Bird game is most generous right now!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 04:02 AM »

Thanks for posting this Disco.  It's the only time I can "get anywhere" credit-wise on that game! :thumb:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 09:15 AM »

Woohoo!  Thank-you so much for posting Disco!!   :2thunbs:

I haven't played birds in awhile.  So, I tried this morning, and it is skipping levels still.   ;) 
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 01:24 PM »

Last night it didn't for me  :'( it hates me  :lolp:

Maybe I'll try again tonight

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 01:40 PM »

Last night it didn't for me  :'( it hates me  :lolp:

Maybe I'll try again tonight

I noticed that it didn't start skipping levels until after the first set of screens.  So, it would go like level 1, 2, 3 & then start skipping after 4.  To like 6, 8 etc.  Seems to be going by 2's.

I stink at birds, so this gets me through the game quicker, with higher points awarded ~ for less memorization of birds required on my part.  I'm thinking more experienced bird players might not be thrilled with this though, because it ends their game a lot quicker maybe, therefore less credits because levels are skipped?

Cloudymellowdisco

• Teleport Magic
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 02:50 PM »

Ahhh, I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this bug.  How nice to catch a bug I want for a change!   :thumb:  I hope no spoil sport reports to VFK!!

Anyway, Fun, Astro is right that on some games, the level skipping doesn't start until level 4 or so.  When I first started, the first game started as usual, then I suddenly noticed I was earning some BIG credits.  I wondered if I fell asleep while playing or just what because I didn't remember earning all those points.  ;)  So, you can imagine how happy I was to notice the levels skipping away!   :clap1:  Hope you catch the bug too!  ;)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 06:35 PM »

OK, start bringing my karma down now.  :rofl1: Sorry to folks who are having luck with the game this way. I reported it about 3 or 4 nights ago because it causes me to get about 10,000 LESS credits than a full game. It seems they have not been able to fix it yet, so I hope some of you can benefit from it until then, but I miss the extra credits from a full game.  :'( However, I will take a shorter game with less credits if it means some others can get some credit cushion for a while!  :bighug:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 06:37 PM »

Ahhh, I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this bug.  How nice to catch a bug I want for a change!   :thumb:  I hope no spoil sport reports to VFK!!

Anyway, Fun, Astro is right that on some games, the level skipping doesn't start until level 4 or so.  When I first started, the first game started as usual, then I suddenly noticed I was earning some BIG credits.  I wondered if I fell asleep while playing or just what because I didn't remember earning all those points.  ;)  So, you can imagine how happy I was to notice the levels skipping away!   :clap1:  Hope you catch the bug too!  ;)

Well I did some snooping around.  :notme:   Various comments on other Forums make it sound like this bug has been going on prior to 2-16.  It's been reported apparently various times, by various players, to VFK already.  Bummer.

But, nothing has been done yet by VFK ~ as the bird game is still broke.  I'm thinking it's not a huge priority, as people like myself who are not good bird game players, are not really gathering a ton of credits really, by this bug.  (Don't get me wrong, it's more than I normally would get, but that's only because I'm not good at this game)  Like I said before, my personal opinion is that the more experienced bird game players are not really liking this bug, because it ends their game a lot sooner, with less credits, than they normally would have received.

Cloudymellowdisco

• Teleport Magic
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 07:55 PM »

For once, I'm glad I'm only average at the Bird Game!   :wavet:  Today was the first time I ever received over 3,000 credits on this game.  I don't have a problem with that!   :thumb:  I'm taking advantage of this bug while we can!  Woot!!

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 12:22 AM »

I just wanted to clarify something here, I am SOOOO HAPPY that friends here are able to take advantage of this bug. If I had known folks were having extra luck with it, I never would have reported it. That being said, it does seem to be something they have low on the priority list for now. I actually played last night again and even though I earned less credits, the game took less time, so it really doesn't make much of a difference. Here's hoping they keep it this way for a while so everyone can earn credits at AWA!  :thumb:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 01:15 PM »

I just wanted to clarify something here, I am SOOOO HAPPY that friends here are able to take advantage of this bug. If I had known folks were having extra luck with it, I never would have reported it. That being said, it does seem to be something they have low on the priority list for now. I actually played last night again and even though I earned less credits, the game took less time, so it really doesn't make much of a difference. Here's hoping they keep it this way for a while so everyone can earn credits at AWA!  :thumb:

Awww Hugs Princess  :hug:  I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying that nobody is upset in the very least that this bug has been reported.  Other Forums are stating that this bug has been reported for at least a week now.  I'm sure they have a ton of reports about now, and it's obviously not a huge priority.  No worries, really.  Heck, I'll be thrilled for whatever I can get out of it, as I'm sure everyone else is too.  But, for more experienced bird players, I'm sure this bug is annoying to say the least.  And for that, it stinks.   :td:

I only filled in the blanks here at NoBS on what I found out.   ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up