VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for those who bought a membership  (Read 3383 times)

Disney Dreams

Question for those who bought a membership
« on: January 03, 2009, 03:07 PM »

Has anyone received any of the real life items you were promised as part of your purchase?

T-shirt?
Pin?
Boomerang?
Comic?
Monthly code for anitem?
other things I am forgetting?

- Dreams

DreamTulip

• A Yankee Fan in Red Sox Nation
    Pass me something to drink I feel faint...
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Teleport Magic
Re: Question for those who bought a membership
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 05:38 PM »

Hi Dreams,

T-shirt? No, I read there was a misprint on them and had to be redone...  :hmm:
Pin?  No
Boomerang? No, I heard they are being hand made so take awhile...  :hmm:
Comic? No
Monthly code for anitem? No, I heard these will start once VFK finally goes gold as will the actual membership periods which I think is pretty cool :thumb:
other things I am forgetting? lol probably more stuff and no

Honestly, I care little about most of the real items but the truth would be appreciated.  I am happy that through the daily credits from being a member and quests I earn enough credits to buy plenty of stuff without having to play either minigame much (well now I may have to start with all the stuff that came out lately).  I don't mind "helping" a company get started nor do I mind paying a small amount of $ to be amused. :)  I don't like being misled and lied to though so it is a sticky subject.  :madder:

~Dream
  You say I'm a wench, like it's a bad thing!
            FaintingForADrinkWench

:pmickey:

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 07:03 PM »

I decided not to take the items as it would cost much more for international shipping which I am so glad I did not take. Yes would be nice if they just came out said we do not have enough money to ship them cause we have invested more in the game. Which we all can see. Since it was extra stuff that was free and you did not pay for them would not be a big deal, if they just said that. Maybe the items are not coming till they go gold rofl.

But I am happy with the effort they have put into the game. And some of their own ideas. Like the Fancy Ball ( the young girls were so excited and the young boys did what they normally do try and hide rofl), horseback riding, a neat fireworks display, ball gowns,  the great christmas toys I really love them. Snow ball throwing, rooms that snow, and not being afraid to play real christmas music and not call it the holiday store. The art work is getting better all the time and just love that our fireplaces are animated.

There are still many that pop into the game and are still very angry than VFK has copied VMK but I think they have taken a middle ground. The gingerbread has both the VMK look and the VFK look which I tend to like better.

I love the large screen televison that I can now watch without major lag. Built my rooms watching scrooge and peanuts christmas :) But I am tired of trying to find a host and never do to get a hat. rofl

I think for the people that pop in they have no clue what is new and really do not care. But I do not get the anger. They see the gingerbread houses and go see still copying but have no idea of all the stuff they did orginal.

It makes me sad for them. It is ok if they chose not to play the game for many reason. But I have also seen many friends come back exited about the new stuff.

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 09:32 PM »

No real items here yet. To be honest, we don't really care that much about those. We really wanted to support VFK as they were starting things up and are still very happy we did. The last I have heard was there was a misprint on the shirts, they did have to be re-ordered. I also heard there was a bit of a hold up with the DVDs.

King and I really feel we are already getting so much of our money's worth. Our membership months don't even begin until the game goes gold and we are already receiving member specials and have our horses. We also have family members who are abe to share the benefits of member items and features - something we like a lot. The code for monthly items will begin once the game goes gold. It is also nice to get a response when using the Help button and also nice to have someone available over the phone if needed.

We really feel so pleased with the many creative things they have been coming up with in game also. It seems that they are finally getting their "sea legs" so to speak. I think items like the Gingerbread have been nice because those were things so many loved to build with and they are unique - so very detailed. I am also thrilled to see them coming up with so many clever ideas that are new and out of the box. The snowballs and presents to open were such a treat. I know they are perfecting some grid issues and Flash 10 is still giving many sites a difficult time. But, we feel the platform VFK is built upon will really take it to the next level.

The real items will arrive in time and until then, we are enjoying the game and the benefits we are already enjoying.  :thumb:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up