Online Worlds > Second Life

Second Life Tips

(1/4) > >>

Decoy:
Please put all SL tips in this thread.

hrhkit:
I'm impatiently waiting for some tips here guys... [nails tapping on desk...]

When I fly I run into things, when I try to change clothes I am naked for way too long, and I still for the life of me can't figure out how to easily get the screen where you log into the SL world....I know I'm lame. But help this newbie out, please. I swear I'll catch on eventually.  :(

~Kit  :notme:

bezoar:

--- Quote from: hrhkit on February 21, 2007, 02:36 PM ---I'm impatiently waiting for some tips here guys... [nails tapping on desk...]

When I fly I run into things, when I try to change clothes I am naked for way too long, and I still for the life of me can't figure out how to easily get the screen where you log into the SL world....I know I'm lame. But help this newbie out, please. I swear I'll catch on eventually.  :(

~Kit  :notme:

--- End quote ---

I still fly into things especially when it's laggy. You saw my wardrobe, erm, malfunction. And I'm not sure what you mean about the log-in screen?

About the clothes changing -- I think if you keep the lowest layer always on, and only change the outer layers, you won't be completely revealed. I haven't had more than a single outfit long enough, clearly, to be able to help you out. Somehow, I bet Jewel and Fan would be able to help you out better...

hrhkit:

--- Quote from: bezoar on February 21, 2007, 05:13 PM ---
I still fly into things especially when it's laggy. You saw my wardrobe, erm, malfunction. And I'm not sure what you mean about the log-in screen?

About the clothes changing -- I think if you keep the lowest layer always on, and only change the outer layers, you won't be completely revealed. I haven't had more than a single outfit long enough, clearly, to be able to help you out. Somehow, I bet Jewel and Fan would be able to help you out better...

--- End quote ---

OK, good to know I'm not the only one who flies into things... ;D

The log in screen...hmmm...how to explain. I know I'm so lame on this it's like I've never even seen a computer before. <sigh> OK, I go to www.secondlife.com and I log in. I get this page with all this second life crap on it...forums, community, scads of stuff. I have to dig around to find a picture to click on that will say "teleport here" for me to finally get the log in page for me to actually get into the World. Does that make sense? (Please refrain from laughing long enough to help me here...i beg of you.)  :-[

Oh, and we'll see how the wardrobe thing goes. I've been informed by the girls that I need to go purchase some underwear!!!!  :lol:

bezoar:

--- Quote from: hrhkit on February 21, 2007, 05:19 PM ---OK, I go to www.secondlife.com and I log in. I get this page with all this second life crap on it...forums, community, scads of stuff. I have to dig around to find a picture to click on that will say "teleport here" for me to finally get the log in page for me to actually get into the World. Does that make sense? (Please refrain from laughing long enough to help me here...i beg of you.)  :-[
--- End quote ---

OH! Don't launch Second Life via an internet browser -- there's a completely separate Second Life client application that you should just double-click on, and it will bring you straight to the log-in page.

--- Quote ---Oh, and we'll see how the wardrobe thing goes. I've been informed by the girls that I need to go purchase some underwear!!!!  :lol:
--- End quote ---
That's priceless... No wonder you were getting tips!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version