VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 05/03/11 HOST_Jade's Chair Race Game (New Game)  (Read 2486 times)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
05/03/11 HOST_Jade's Chair Race Game (New Game)
« on: May 03, 2011, 02:42 PM »

Pop up says:

HOST_Jade has a new game for you tonight.  The game starts at the top of the hour. See you then.

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
Re: 05/03/11 HOST_Jade's Chair Race Game (New Game)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 03:30 PM »

thanks Krazy...

I saw the pop-up, I should have copied it lol
It did say the prize was the burger teeshirt

I remember it said something about 5 will be called into the room at a time; and better behave and not start before she said GO

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 05:07 PM »

thanks Krazy...

I saw the pop-up, I should have copied it lol
It did say the prize was the burger teeshirt

I remember it said something about 5 will be called into the room at a time; and better behave and not start before she said GO

This one:

HOST_Jade's new game is now open.  You will be brought into the room 5 at a time. Sit in the chairs on the left behind the sidewalk.  AFK players will be booted. This will be a fast paced game so please pay attention to instructions.  The information is on the white boards in the room. Good Luck  The winner in each set of 5 will get the Burger T-Shirt.

:)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 05:20 PM »

This game was VERY unfair!  I got in (not my Mom) and when she said go after the starting five gumdrops there was only two gumdrops next instead of four on my screen.  I got there second, but was unable to sit in the two gumdrops and then I saw people sitting in air.  I told Jade that I think there is a problem because there are only two gumdrops on my screen and not four and someone in the room said she sees only two gumdrops as well and not the four so I was not the only one having the problem.  So I lost cause I could not sit and Jade didn't answer my problem so she said exit to the left, but before I got to the exit, bad lag, she booted me.  Was there a losing prize too or just a winning one?  It wouldn't be so bad if I was the only one having the problem, but someone else was too so that isn't fair for everyone playing the game.  Plus, of course, no one answers my help messages.  I mean they could of at least let me come back in and try again because it could of been a glitch or something, but that is wishful thinking.

Well, I hope some of you got to actually play and win this game cause it wasn't fair for me at all!  >:{

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 05:29 PM »

I'm sorry Krazy that you had those problems.

I would send another Help message to them about it.

I did not get in; but I was off and on again tonight during host game.

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 05:46 PM »

Sadly, I think a lot of the problems with these type of events have to do with the fact that they still do not have things right with their grid system. King and I will be in the same room on 2 computers and often still see objects in different places. He doesn't even want to play pirates because on 1 screen it looks like you hit a ship and on the other it looks like the cannon hit water.

So, clearly events that are races are going to have lots of problems. I think it is great that they are trying new things and new games, but I'm not sure if there is a way to fix the grid system at this point. Sorry about your frustration Krazy.  :bighug: :hug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 06:44 PM »

Sadly, I think a lot of the problems with these type of events have to do with the fact that they still do not have things right with their grid system. King and I will be in the same room on 2 computers and often still see objects in different places. He doesn't even want to play pirates because on 1 screen it looks like you hit a ship and on the other it looks like the cannon hit water.

So, clearly events that are races are going to have lots of problems. I think it is great that they are trying new things and new games, but I'm not sure if there is a way to fix the grid system at this point. Sorry about your frustration Krazy.  :bighug: :hug:

Thanks Princess, sorry about the rant, but I am glad I can come here and someone will explain it to me.  It does get frustrating, but what is worse is the no help you get when you send in a message for help.  Oh well, at least I got in.  I am happy about that.  Usually I sit around for three hours and never see a Host Room.

Sorry to hear you have the same problems too, but glad I'm not the only one here who has these problems.  Hugzzzzz!  :bighug:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 07:22 PM »

I was not around for this either... was watching the boys' Baseball games -- freezing my rear off in 35 degree temps w/ rain.  brrrrrrrr  I'm still warming up.

Anyway, not that I understand this new host game either, but from what I am reading there was only a winning prize of a Burger Tee, and no losing prize correct?  I just want to update the Guides correctly.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 05:04 AM »

I was not around for this either... was watching the boys' Baseball games -- freezing my rear off in 35 degree temps w/ rain.  brrrrrrrr  I'm still warming up.

Anyway, not that I understand this new host game either, but from what I am reading there was only a winning prize of a Burger Tee, and no losing prize correct?  I just want to update the Guides correctly.

You are correct: there was no loser prize.  Five ppl at a time went into the room, and sat on 5 gumdrops.  Once she said "go" you had to walk (race) to the other side of the room where there were 4 gumdrops placed; if you didn't get a gumdrop, you had to walk over the the opposite side again, and take the teleporter.  The four who were left then raced back to the other side again (once she said GO) and now there were only 3 gumdrops....get the picture here?  Kind of like the good old fashioned party game Musical Chairs.

If you were the last person on a gumdrop, you won.  There were many problems with this game: lag, not seeing things properly on the screen, ppl getting booted left and right.  I have heard from friends that Jade was in a foul mood.  I personally accidentally jumped off of my gumdrop too early; nervous trigger finger! She had rules that if you did that, you got an immediate boot.  Well she booted the person sitting next to me by accident  O_O

She couldn't believe she made that mistake and eventually she got the person back in.  In the meantime though, I apologized to Jade and told her she could go ahead and boot ME; the other players in the room however were pleading my case: one was saying that it was kind of hard not to be nervous and accidentally hit the mouse.  Jade made a comment something like "Well you would not believe how many ppl do that, and it's not fair to those who can wait patiently!".  Came across as very snotty.  When I apologized again and told her to go ahead and boot me, she said "You can stay but I hope you learned your lesson Flamanette!".  I was like, hmmm, ok, I am NOT a two year and what lesson would you like me learn  here exactly?

The walking in this room was really difficult; guess it goes back to the grid thing.  Also, there were who could literally FLY to the gumdrop, not having take a single walking step....ummm!

All in all, I think the ideas they are coming up with ARE neat.  But they are not thinking things through and trying to work out the potential problems.  This game last night gets a  :td:  from me.

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 02:30 PM »

Thank you for explaining the new game, .It.  Sounds crazy.  Sorry you, and lots of others, had problems with this game.   :hug:

Eeeek, kinda glad I missed it and other things to do, yikes!  Makes it look as though the Spinner Game is better in comparison, if you had to choose.  good grief!
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 06:51 PM »

Thanks Krazy.  And you're right, Wendy.  The grid is STILL messed up.  If they haven't fixed it by now, I doubt they'll ever do it.  There is the problem with seeing different things on different screens, and (worse) also the problem of not being able to contain avatars so they can't bypass barricades.  Ridiculous.  Until VFK fixes the obvious bugs, games will continue to be messed up. :uhuh2: 
Pages: [1]   Go Up