VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4/2 HOST_Jade's NO JOKE Teleporter game  (Read 3806 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
4/2 HOST_Jade's NO JOKE Teleporter game
« on: April 02, 2011, 04:31 PM »

In game Blast:

HOST_Jade's NO JOKE Teleporter game starts at the top of the hour. You don't want to miss this. We are previewing a NEW SPRING ROOM for you. Hope to see you there. There will be a new prize tonight too, so you will just have to stop by and try your luck. 7 Teleporters, 4 Winners. See you there.

ETA:  another Blast said what the prize is:

HOST_Jade's NO JOKE Teleporter game starts at the top of the hour. You don't want to miss this. We are previewing a NEW SPRING ROOM for you. Hope to see you there.  Tonight's new prize is HOST Exclusive - Hedge Maze - Topiary Couch. Try your luck with 7 Teleporters, 4 Winners. See you there.

Is anyone else bothered by the fact at how fast these prizes are being changed out?  I'm not happy to see a constant pattern lately of 1-day prizes on these Host Events at all.  :(     So no more Apple pin now or space end tables??

HOST Exclusive - Hedge Maze - Topiary Couch
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:08 PM by Astro »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 4/2 HOST_Jade's NO JOKE Teleporter game
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 04:47 PM »

Thanks Astro.  Yeah, I'm not laughing, either.  Like I've been saying for months, VFK is now going through new prizes in as few as a couple of days before switching it to a new one.  Almost everything becomes 'rare' with this type of system.  Few people get a chance at the prizes (unless they are one of those silly 'I can have 40 tabs open at once' buffoons...).  So the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.  Quite a system.   :td:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 08:22 PM »

Agreed and Agreed! First of all, I really do love these teleporter events. We got home with only 1/2 hour of the event left and were able to get in and get a few couches. Jade was really helpful, practically telling us all which porters to pick. I actually love that. Just helping us all get some prizes. :)

That being said, I really miss multiple events for the same prize. At least then you don't feel like you have to be on for every event. (Or miss an item and have players demand Ice Cream, Beta or Host rare for a Topiary Couch)  :lolg: :sos: Hopefully, the Apple pin was just a one time thing because it was April Fool's Day?

Hope everyone got a couch tonight! (King said his had some thorns - they caused a few leaks in his gassy rear.)  :lolg:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 08:31 PM »

Got in twice (Mom didn't get in), but took Jade's advice AGAIN and lost (she told the room about a teleporter once before and I lost then too for a different game).  Then got in later and followed the crowd and lost again.  I too hope they have these again because I need a second chance.  LOL!

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 08:32 PM »

Got in twice (Mom didn't get in), but took Jade's advice AGAIN and lost (she told the room about a teleporter once before and I lost then too for a different game).  Then got in later and followed the crowd and lost again.  I too hope they have these again because I need a second chance.  LOL!

Not sure if it will help ya Krazy, but always clear your cache and cookies before starting the host events ;)  Doesn't hurt.  Might help :)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 08:52 PM »

Hopefully, the Apple pin was just a one time thing because it was April Fool's Day?

I understand what you're saying too.  But, I'm going to go ahead and say I don't like that path VFK is taking either.  Now granted, I'm not quite sure how many players actually had big plans on April Fools Day and wouldn't be around for a Host Event.  But ... that being said, I truly hope VFK doesn't intend on doing this for ALL Holidays -- 1-day prize, only at a certain time of day.  What about more major Holidays, like Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.  You get the idea.  A LOT of players travel for holidays, are with family and friends, and cannot participate.  I also realize there are players that might not celebrate, or don't have any plans.  They did this on St. Patrick's Day with the 1-day lava lamp.  I'm quite sure that in some families St. Patrick's Day is huge deal, and there were players away from game celebrating.

These 1-shot deal type of prizes and events I'm not a big fan of at all.  We all know how difficult it is to try and trade for just ONE of something we missed.

If VFK wants to do something special for these Holidays, my opinion is it should be like the New Years tee-shirts.  It was a ride-through event first of all -- no picking teleporters, host hunt or even having to walk onto the ride.  We were automatically placed on it.  And secondly, I think it was held for at least 3 hours, and it was at a much later time in the evening.  Which works good, if players have plans.

Easter is next ... we'll see what happens I guess.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 09:11 PM »

Agreed.  And there is still the problem of the 'normal' prizes that are only out for a couple days or a few events.  We seriously missed the Hippo Pins because they had a back-to-back host hunt to get it one of the days it was being given out.  They had one or 2 more chances to get the pins, but we did poorly.  So we're stuck at:  2?  And forget about trading for one.  Nobody is coughing them up.  Unless you unload your wallet for one pin, of course.  Same scenario is happening with many other prizes lately, too.

The new 'system' is making the greedy greedier.  It's making the hoarders hold onto their 'booty' even tighter.  Looking for a 'home run' trade. 

Un.  Cool.  Ok.  I'm done.   :rantsw:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 09:21 PM »

I'm actually right with you on this, Astro. King and I were talking about it after I posted and he mentioned the lava lamps from St. Patrick's Day. I even miss the days when we got a little something for a holiday just for logging into the game. Also, event though it was only April Fools Day, it was a Friday Night event. Sporting events, family nights, etc.

I really like how there are more events and they are spread out and planned ahead, but I wish they would give away the same prize at several events. Heck, maybe even let us know what the prizes are on the event calendar ahead of time. Maybe not for the entire month, but for each week? On Sunday, just list the prizes for the week on the event description. I don't care if they don't want a pic released to surprise us, just a prize name.

We had church tonight and I was feeling well enough to get out, so King surprised me with dinner out. (The kids are with grandma this weekend) I just figured we would miss the Host Event and had a feeling it would be a new item. I joked about it because I do see posts on trade threads other places as soon as these events are through asking for ice carts or parfaits for teleporter prizes? Makes no sense.

Just looking for a little balance here. I'm a Libra, maybe I can help with that - my sign is the scales.  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 07:23 AM »

Just looking for a little balance here. I'm a Libra, maybe I can help with that - my sign is the scales.  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Yup, agree with everything you said as well ^^^.  I just feel we can't really even enjoy all these items, because they move on to the next thing too quickly too.

I'm a Libra too, balance would be nice!    :2thunbs:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 01:24 PM »

Yup, agree with everything you said as well ^^^.  I just feel we can't really even enjoy all these items, because they move on to the next thing too quickly too.

I'm a Libra too, balance would be nice!    :2thunbs:

Well I'm a Pisces.  Unfortunately, I'm more along the lines of a barracuda than a guppy :P  LOL ;)  Balance would be nice.  The overload is too much, and we aren't given time to enjoy what we get.  Yup. 

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 11:40 PM »

Well, I am not a Libra, but I agree.  I missed out on the St. Patrick's Day Lava Lamp because I was out having dinner for the holiday.  I was really saddened to find out that it was a one time deal, but sometimes they don't even list an event on the calander till its about to happen.  Case in point, today's Host Hunt.  I looked all day Sat. and thought they have nothing on Sunday (now this had happen to me before) and when I signed in today it was during a Host Hunt that was almost over with.  Even the Scavenger Hunts are sometimes surprises to us.

Its nice they are making new prizes for us, but doesn't it seems like Xmas when they bombard you with items that you never have time to get them all?  Plus what happens if we don't win?  I usually get in right before the event is over with, get 2 in if I am lucky, but like the hedge couch I didn't win it so now I am out again.  If they had it for more days I might be lucky and actually win something.

Not sure if it will help ya Krazy, but always clear your cache and cookies before starting the host events ;)  Doesn't hurt.  Might help :)

Actually I do this Flame, I just think its cause I am not a member so I don't get in as much, but I am still going to try my hardest.  :)

I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 06:29 AM »

Flame has already said most of what I would say...so...I will only add this thought:

The more prizes they try to cram into a month, the quality of the prizes takes a nose dive!  I mean, honestly:  a TOPIARY COUCH???  Come on, that's a maze prize people!  I really think they are losing the specialness of these prizes by trying to put out so many new things each month.  I think that so far in the first few months of this year, they've put out more HOST items than in the total 2 years of game existence.

The fear for the quality of host prizes; and I fear even more, like some have already said, the cost of trying to trade for even the poor quality items.

.it 

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up