VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2/28 Host Apple's Teleporter Event  (Read 2349 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
2/28 Host Apple's Teleporter Event
« on: February 28, 2011, 03:00 PM »

Host Apple's Fast Forward to Magical March Teleporter Game.

Prize per Event Calendar is Crossword Puzzle Glasses.

ETA:  prize pic.   forgot to add this last night, when I saw someone with them on.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 01:58 PM by Astro »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 2/28 Host Apple's Teleporter Event
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 03:37 PM »

Thanks Astro.  There are only 2 winning porters.  And it seems like they're switching them around every 5-10 minutes!  Blah.

Also, I wouldn't leave my computer for any period of time.  They're pulling in people with NO numbers.   :sos:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 04:01 PM by flamanar »

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 09:32 PM »

Last week was horrible for us because the teleporter game both of us lost, I didn't do the Host Hunts and then we were out of town for the Ride-a-thon so today was a much better day even if we don't like the prize.  :lolg:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:

ETA: Forgot to add that we blew out a tire when out of town so fun, fun, fun.  :uhuh2:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 09:34 PM by Krazy_Kim »
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 11:48 PM »

I love teleporter games, but we actually sat this one out. When i saw that only 2 were winners and knowing how quickly Apple changes them, I decided to do a few other things. Hopefully they will have the glasses at another event, if not, that's cool. They actually look kind of 80's! :dle:

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 07:48 AM »

I love teleporter games, but we actually sat this one out. When i saw that only 2 were winners and knowing how quickly Apple changes them, I decided to do a few other things. Hopefully they will have the glasses at another event, if not, that's cool. They actually look kind of 80's! :dle:

I hear you Wendy!  We were really hoping that is wasn't a new prize, so that we could sit the event out.  Apple's events seem to get more and more frustrating. It almost seems like (and I think I said this before) she takes great joy in having ppl lose.  Her events are NOT more interesting because she changes the porters more often.  We came close to just closing up our queues last night after many many losses.  She just doesn't seem to understand how frustrating it is when you've waited 2 hours for a number, or even few numbers if you are family, and then lose on a porter that was a winner 30 seconds ago.  Flame was being kind when he said she changed them every 5-10 minutes.  Our family got some numbers that placed us going in maybe 2-3 minutes apart;  one family member wins, and less than a minute later, another family loses on very same porter.   :bm:

And while I did try to do "other things" last night, knowing that a I a "99 in queue", Flame is right -- we had ppl yanked in either from a high number, or not having number at all....so you had to be on your toes.

:think:

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 11:20 AM »

Yes, I heard her say in the room that they switch them up very frequently to 'make it more interesting'.  Um....no comment on that.  LOL.

I will say that I can't remember losing as much in any event on VFK as I did last night.  In fact, it was so bad that I closed out of my browser when there was about 1/2 hour left in the game and went off to do something else.  Ridiculous.  I should have followed your lead, Wendy.

I also think that the fact that she's changing the porters so often seriously SLOWS the game down.  It seems like she lets the room drain till nobody is in there before starting to bring people back in again.  I saw that happen a few times.  Sometimes we'd have someone go in, and they were the only ones in the room.  Other times, we'd be the last person out of the room with nobody behind us. 

It's hard enough just to get into the Q.  The least she could do would let more people win a little...when they CAN get in.  Sheesh.  If this is her idea of 'making it more interesting', then I'm not interested.  :uhuh2:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 01:53 PM »

Yes, I heard her say in the room that they switch them up very frequently to 'make it more interesting'.  Um....no comment on that.  LOL.

I will say that I can't remember losing as much in any event on VFK as I did last night.  In fact, it was so bad that I closed out of my browser when there was about 1/2 hour left in the game and went off to do something else.  Ridiculous.  I should have followed your lead, Wendy.

I also think that the fact that she's changing the porters so often seriously SLOWS the game down.  It seems like she lets the room drain till nobody is in there before starting to bring people back in again.  I saw that happen a few times.  Sometimes we'd have someone go in, and they were the only ones in the room.  Other times, we'd be the last person out of the room with nobody behind us. 

It's hard enough just to get into the Q.  The least she could do would let more people win a little...when they CAN get in.  Sheesh.  If this is her idea of 'making it more interesting', then I'm not interested.  :uhuh2:

That is what happened to Mom and myself last week.  It usually takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours before we get in (if we get in) and both of us lost.  I really don't see why they change it so much because if it takes us that long each time and we have to sit around and wait 3 hours getting something would be nice for the effort.

Plus, this last teleporter game Mom got in and there was no other sole in the room.  When she said to the staff "Wow, its so quiet in here" Apple respond, "I only let 7 to 8 people in at a time".  All of a sudden this flood of people came in and we were thinking why she didn't let some people in when the room started getting low.  No wonder it takes over 2 hours to get in there.  :uhuh2:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 02:04 PM »

Yes, I heard her say in the room that they switch them up very frequently to 'make it more interesting'.  Um....no comment on that.  LOL.

I will say that I can't remember losing as much in any event on VFK as I did last night.  In fact, it was so bad that I closed out of my browser when there was about 1/2 hour left in the game and went off to do something else.  Ridiculous.  I should have followed your lead, Wendy.

I also think that the fact that she's changing the porters so often seriously SLOWS the game down.  It seems like she lets the room drain till nobody is in there before starting to bring people back in again.  I saw that happen a few times.  Sometimes we'd have someone go in, and they were the only ones in the room.  Other times, we'd be the last person out of the room with nobody behind us.  

It's hard enough just to get into the Q.  The least she could do would let more people win a little...when they CAN get in.  Sheesh.  If this is her idea of 'making it more interesting', then I'm not interested.  :uhuh2:

That is what happened to Mom and myself last week.  It usually takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours before we get in (if we get in) and both of us lost.  I really don't see why they change it so much because if it takes us that long each time and we have to sit around and wait 3 hours getting something would be nice for the effort.

Plus, this last teleporter game Mom got in and there was no other sole in the room.  When she said to the staff "Wow, its so quiet in here" Apple respond, "I only let 7 to 8 people in at a time".  All of a sudden this flood of people came in and we were thinking why she didn't let some people in when the room started getting low.  No wonder it takes over 2 hours to get in there.  :uhuh2:

Well then she can't count!  LOL.  Quite frequently, I saw 7-8 people standing around AND a glowing blue ball where hoards of people were piled up in the porter room.  I think it's funny that they're 'watching the forums' so they know when someone posts the winning porter.  First of all, at the one board, the kids all hop onto Skype or AIM or a forum 'group' where a subscription is needed to communicate the winning porter.  On the 'cheerleading board', they have it so that you have to log into the forum to be able to see the 'private section' where quest answers and other 'secret information' is exchanged  :hmm:  I guess it's no wonder they change the porters so often.  Still...it's a raw deal for those that wait forever for a number, just to lose.

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 02:23 PM »

Yes, I heard her say in the room that they switch them up very frequently to 'make it more interesting'.  Um....no comment on that.  LOL.

I will say that I can't remember losing as much in any event on VFK as I did last night.  In fact, it was so bad that I closed out of my browser when there was about 1/2 hour left in the game and went off to do something else.  Ridiculous.  I should have followed your lead, Wendy.

I also think that the fact that she's changing the porters so often seriously SLOWS the game down.  It seems like she lets the room drain till nobody is in there before starting to bring people back in again.  I saw that happen a few times.  Sometimes we'd have someone go in, and they were the only ones in the room.  Other times, we'd be the last person out of the room with nobody behind us.  

It's hard enough just to get into the Q.  The least she could do would let more people win a little...when they CAN get in.  Sheesh.  If this is her idea of 'making it more interesting', then I'm not interested.  :uhuh2:

That is what happened to Mom and myself last week.  It usually takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours before we get in (if we get in) and both of us lost.  I really don't see why they change it so much because if it takes us that long each time and we have to sit around and wait 3 hours getting something would be nice for the effort.

Plus, this last teleporter game Mom got in and there was no other sole in the room.  When she said to the staff "Wow, its so quiet in here" Apple respond, "I only let 7 to 8 people in at a time".  All of a sudden this flood of people came in and we were thinking why she didn't let some people in when the room started getting low.  No wonder it takes over 2 hours to get in there.  :uhuh2:

Well then she can't count!  LOL.  Quite frequently, I saw 7-8 people standing around AND a glowing blue ball where hoards of people were piled up in the porter room.  I think it's funny that they're 'watching the forums' so they know when someone posts the winning porter.  First of all, at the one board, the kids all hop onto Skype or AIM or a forum 'group' where a subscription is needed to communicate the winning porter.  On the 'cheerleading board', they have it so that you have to log into the forum to be able to see the 'private section' where quest answers and other 'secret information' is exchanged  :hmm:  I guess it's no wonder they change the porters so often.  Still...it's a raw deal for those that wait forever for a number, just to lose.

Maybe that is why we lose so many times because when we have both of us signed in on this old computer I can't have messages boards and things open too otherwise I would crash.  Guess we just have to hope and pray we find the right one.

Oh, and I definitely agree about the can't count part because I have seen many, many people in her doorway that never get booted even after being there forever and ever.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 03:20 PM »

Ok.  These glasses seriously creep me out.  LOL.  I'm talking nightmare material.  Still...gotta have them.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up