VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copyright Infringement?  (Read 4175 times)

Someone123

Copyright Infringement?
« on: January 30, 2011, 10:05 PM »

Hi. I know I don't post much, as I like to lurk... but something has recently been brought to my attention that upsets me. On a different forum, there was a discussion going on about a new online game called MVK. I am not sure if anyone heard of it, but it's apparently suppose to be similar to VMK and VFK. A kid on the forum started to complain how the game MVK has been taking graphics from VFK, and accused them of copyright infringement. Other members started to bash him, and his post soon got deleted. However, I believe he may have a valid point...

This kid posted many pictures, all of which explaining how some of the game's graphics looked shockingly similar to that of VFK's. I am going to post two of these pictures, because these were the ones that I thought really stood out:

This is one of MVK's rooms. I don't think I need to explain how it looks similar to VFK's Colonial Living Room...

In this picture, the kid pointed out how the floor of the room was just a recolored VFK Medieval Age floor. He also pointed out how the gates on the bottom left were just an edited version of VFK's Garden Gates.

Anyway, the main reason I am posting this is because this game is soon going to charge people monthly to play. I find it disturbing that the people who made MVK are going to charge kids to play a game that has stolen artwork...

I really hope that someone brings this game to VFK's attention so something can be done. That's pretty much it for now. Thank you for reading.  :waveh:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: Copyright Infringement?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 01:05 PM »

Hi, Someone.  I know some people are claiming copyright infringment...but I think it would be hard to prove in this case...unless MVK is lifting entire rooms or areas from VFK...which I haven't seen happening yet.

I think there are things in VFK that are similar to VMK.  A fair amount of stuff, too.  Yet Disney hasn't sued VFK (to the best of my knowledge).  If Disney doesn't see $$$ to be made from a lawsuit against VFK, there's NO WAY MVK can go forward with a suit with any kind of success.

The bigger issue is the company.  They aren't very forward about WHO they are.  Let alone WHERE they are.  All the information points to a single name listed in their website.  And nobody is questioning all the secrecy?  Um...HELLO?  This place could be harvesting usernames and passwords for all anyone knows!  Yet everyone is flocking there in droves.  Amazing.  Do a Google search on the 'company' (Labecado).  It comes back with NOTHING concerning MVK.  So nobody knows where these people came from nor who they are.  Yet they're giving user/pass information and email addys (not to mention physical addresses/phone numbers, I think).  Anyone else see a fundamental problem with a company shrouded so much in secrecy...yet people do the 'lemming' routine without even checking the place out?  Just because it reminds them of VMK.  People SERIOUSLY need to let go of VMK.  SO many people are obsessed with VMK STILL.  They crave a place that gives them a 'glimpse' of that former world.  IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON!!  Stop comparing every game that comes out with VMK, and just enjoy the game...once you've checked to see if it's legit first, of course.

I predict if this game starts charging, you'll see the memberships drop like a rock.  I also would bet all my money that VFK already knows about MVK.  Which would explain the major increase in hosts and the events happening every day.  All of a sudden.  Coincidence?  I think not.

The above is all my personal opinion.  I haven't played MVK more than 2 minutes so far...so I still have yet to really check the place out.

Someone, do you play VFK?  May I ask what your title is there?  People here might want to look you up and friend you.  Thanks ;)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 01:11 PM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
Re: Copyright Infringement?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 02:01 PM »