VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/28 Apple's Go the Distance teleporter game 6pm CENTRAL  (Read 4772 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
1/28 Apple's Go the Distance teleporter game 6pm CENTRAL
« on: January 28, 2011, 03:53 PM »

Begins at 6PM CENTRAL TIME.

Apple's Go the Distance teleporter game will begin in 15 minutes! Get ready for some fun! :)

ETA:  prize info. per Apple, for choosing the correct teleporter.  I believe you get to choose which on the pop-up if you win, not random.  That's what Apple says.

Saw people in the Garden with the new prizes:

« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:27 PM by Astro »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 1/28 Apple's Go the Distance teleporter game 6pm CENTRAL
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 04:10 PM »

New prizes.  Cheese hat or new scarf.  Nice.  :hmm:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:17 PM by flamanar »

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 04:34 PM »

King got in and got to choose either the Steelers Scarf or the Green Bay Cheese Hat. At that time the middle was a winner, but I've been in queue frozen for a while, so I think she's changing porters. I'll try and update...
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 04:51 PM »

I just won in the second porter from the top. Good Luck! :dance2:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 05:08 PM »

OK, lol, Princess Red just lost in second porter from the top. I'll try to update when I find out which one wins now. Hugs!  :bighug:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 05:10 PM »

Just heard from Fun and Red on IM in game...middle porter is now a winner! Thanks Fun! :bighug:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 05:16 PM »

OK, not sure how often she is changing porters, but middle is now losing and King won on the top porter!

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 05:48 PM »

Not sure what is going on. I don't know if she is changing them every few minutes. They win, then lose. I think fourth from the top is now a winner, but I don't know when that will change. Yikes! But it is fun! :dance2:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 05:49 PM »

My personal opinion, porters are changed constantly.  Unless you are right on top of the person you heard a winning porter from in line.

Proof that VFK DOES in fact read the Fan Forum Sites below:   They obviously do.  Apple just said that the first hour she changed the porters 3 times.  And now, even more.  I don't know if they are getting ticked off or what.  Yup, I've picked the wrong one too much already.

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 05:54 PM »

Yep, Astro, I was just coming here to post I can't keep up. I think she is changing them as soon as she sees it posted. We have had a few losses right after someone won. hehe :lolg:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 07:29 PM »

Thanks for all the help, Wendy.  This was so ridiculous, I didn't dare try to post winning porters...because the next minute they would lose :(  I lost so many times tonight, I lost count.  In fact, I lost THREE times on ONE person!  And it was 'Sheesh'!!! (how appropriate  :hmm: )  I swear she was changing the porters like every 5 minutes.  The side effect of that was that more people were getting stuck.  I saw people behind the porters, in the trees, etc.  It was a bit of a mess.

So I really just went with my gut feeling tonight.  Seemed like anything else would make me lose!  I will say that VFK PROBABLY doesn't read here.  I would bet alot of money they would read the one forum.  I would also bet alot of money they wouldn't read the 'cheerleading forum'.   :lolp:  At least they are on top of people trying to 'game the system'.  Now if they could only apply this to the other host events...  :notme:

Congrats to the winners.  I'm not a big cheese hat fan.   lol.  I also am not a fan of the scarf colors.  Personal preference!  Hey...I'm allowed  :tongue3:

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 07:43 PM »

Hmmmm....personally I would think that if VFK is trying to be about "everyone should have a prize" then they would be happy that people are trying to help each other out. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.  I know there are ppl who wait hours to get in, and without the help of people posting the winning porters, they lose their ONE shot at getting the prize.

Don't get me wrong, I know there are those who got in like 10+ times, over and over again.  But there ARE still those who don't get in, or end up waiting 2+ hours and only get in once.  If I was one of those, I would surely want my friends to help me out and tell me the winning porter.

Just saying, I don't think what VFK did tonight is good at all.  Sure, change them once every hour if ya want; but to run 5 ppl in right after the other and use each different track, and LOSE on ALL of them....now that's just not right. And it sure doesn't show that VFK really, really wants all players to have a chance to win.

.it
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:03 PM by Flamanette »

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 07:54 PM »

I know there are ppl who wait hours to get in and without the help of people posting the winning porters, they lose their ONE shot at getting the prize.

Don't get me wrong, I know there are those who got in like 10+ times, over and over again.  But there ARE still those who don't get in or end up waiting 2+ hours and only get in once.  If I was one of those, I would surely want my friends to help me out and tell me the winning porter.

.it

The thing is, great that people might be aware of what the winning porter is.  But.. by the time a friend might actually make it in - the porter changes.  Then they might be upset they were not told the correct winning porter, or they blew their shot at chancing it.

Of course help is awesome, but if VFK is going to be doing this with porter events from now on -- the help, doesn't really help.  It only frustrates people.  Because a) they get confused on which IS the actual correct porter or b) it ends up being a losing porter anyway.

Me personally, I try my luck.  I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, if I'm wrong.  I don't take chances reading anywhere that a porter might be a winner.  The Hosts and VFK, are on to all of us.  And for that, they are changing the porters way too quickly to guarantee which really is a winner.

My personal opinion of course, and I really wouldn't be too certain that VFK doesn't have it's eyes over here.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 08:05 PM »

Yep, Astro, I was just coming here to post I can't keep up. I think she is changing them as soon as she sees it posted. We have had a few losses right after someone won. hehe :lolg:
Not sure what is going on. I don't know if she is changing them every few minutes. They win, then lose. I think fourth from the top is now a winner, but I don't know when that will change. Yikes! But it is fun! :dance2:

They were changing them quick tonight for awhile there!  Even though I had losing streak, I eventually won. Had fun tonight!  :dance3:  Was good to catch up with friends too!  :bighug:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 08:27 PM »

I know there are ppl who wait hours to get in and without the help of people posting the winning porters, they lose their ONE shot at getting the prize.

Don't get me wrong, I know there are those who got in like 10+ times, over and over again.  But there ARE still those who don't get in or end up waiting 2+ hours and only get in once.  If I was one of those, I would surely want my friends to help me out and tell me the winning porter.

.it
The thing is, great that people might be aware of what the winning porter is.  But.. by the time a friend might actually make it in - the porter changes.  Then they might be upset they were not told the correct winning porter, or they blew their shot at chancing it.

Of course help is awesome, but if VFK is going to be doing this with porter events from now on -- the help, doesn't really help.  It only frustrates people.  Because a) they get confused on which IS the actual correct porter or b) it ends up being a losing porter anyway.

Me personally, I try my luck.  I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, if I'm wrong.  I don't take chances reading anywhere that a porter might be a winner.  The Hosts and VFK, are on to all of us.  And for that, they are changing the porters way too quickly to guarantee which really is a winner.

My personal opinion of course, and I really wouldn't be too certain that VFK doesn't have it's eyes over here.

I think .It was talking about friends helping each other WITHOUT VFK changing the porters every few minutes.  So yes, you guys both agree on the same things there. 

I know that .It was asking me which porter, Hero was asking me which porter, and when I'd give them a suggestion, sometimes they'd get mad at me if they lost.  So Flame just  :-X  LOL. 

I say that if VFK is gonna curb players helping players for this type of event, then they sure as ____ better make sure that the same is true in events like the 'host says' events.  Players following a host from the deserted desert, to the tranquil waterfall, to the wild woods, to the dark forest, etc....and having the correct words ready to just hit enter!  Um...am I the only one who sees a problem with this?!  The hosts need to FREQUENTLY make DRASTIC changes in location, and change the words MUCH more often for it to even come CLOSE to resembling something like a 'fair game'.  Sigh. 

As for VFK reading here, all I have to say is:   :waveh:  LOL ;)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 11:15 AM »

I think .It was talking about friends helping each other WITHOUT VFK changing the porters every few minutes.  So yes, you guys both agree on the same things there. 

I know that .It was asking me which porter, Hero was asking me which porter, and when I'd give them a suggestion, sometimes they'd get mad at me if they lost.  So Flame just  :-X  LOL. 

I say that if VFK is gonna curb players helping players for this type of event, then they sure as ____ better make sure that the same is true in events like the 'host says' events.  Players following a host from the deserted desert, to the tranquil waterfall, to the wild woods, to the dark forest, etc....and having the correct words ready to just hit enter!  Um...am I the only one who sees a problem with this?!  The hosts need to FREQUENTLY make DRASTIC changes in location, and change the words MUCH more often for it to even come CLOSE to resembling something like a 'fair game'.  Sigh. 

As for VFK reading here, all I have to say is:   :waveh:  LOL ;)

Yep, you get me.  Thank you   :bighug:

And yes, I agree with everything above ^^
Pages: [1]   Go Up