VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/26 Host hunt (ended)  (Read 3908 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
1/26 Host hunt (ended)
« on: January 26, 2011, 01:59 PM »

it's a 'host says' hunt featuring Llama.  They added Hawk later, then Firefly just before it ended?  :??:

This is a BLECH hunt!  Sitting there...sleeping...oh what 'fun'.

Winners list:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Host Hunt has ended for today, thank you everyone for playing!
Today's winners are:

Sink
Valentine_Fish
Acesillywolf
FluffyBunnny
fabmusa
tracksunnygirl
AmberLynn
Hug_a_Monster
RazzleSparkle
iTony
HyperAnnieBanani
LightningIncognito
Be-Happy
ToffeeMochaShake
MermaidMelusina
TheaterGirl
MiniOreo
Mr.HollyWood
AceKingDarkness
Dragonfruit
Aceiii
ConverseStar
AnotherStory
missbay
shnazzy
cyansilverlime
greenjam
AtomicScorpion
virtualmermaid
TwilightShimmer
maryadventurer
Psyitation
DuckSwimmer
beautifuldisaster
AceTheSnowman
Watsup
Golden_Apprentice
Magical_Ace
Aceboy_Alex
SouthernDiamond
whatsUp
SilverTiger
ayame
GreatCindi
YellowHairDude
SandyRose
rachelkittygurl
Miss_Kay
Smores
MissCommunication
AceGreenAce
Miraj
AceNightOwl
SoccerEmma
Guest785505
iRainbowDrops
Guest507410
EagleBird
DreamTulip
LightRightApple
Zada
mizz_idol
HarryFan
PeppaiLePew
iEyeMerlin
AmberSparkle
lightbulbs
AceDonut

Check the Event Calendar for upcoming events!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats on the NOBS winners  :clap1:

You know, at first glance, this sounds like a 'fair' hunt.  But I'll tell ya.  It seems like people know WHEN the host is going to show up...and WHAT they are going to say ahead of time.  I've read that some of these people are all linked up on Skype.  Probably on IM, too.  I had a round I lost that a host said something...and a person who had followed a bunch of people into the room just before the host showed up won almost immediately!  NOBODY CAN TYPE THAT FAST!  Flame is a wicked-fast typer.  I wasn't even close.  This is ridiculous.  Still looking for the 'fun'...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 04:24 PM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
Re: 1/26 Host hunt (ended)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 04:20 PM »

I actually saw a Host in a room.....but I didn't type fast enough  :lolg:

I see some familiar names on that list!  :bighug:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 04:53 PM »

I've read that some of these people are all linked up on Skype.  Probably on IM, too.  I had a round I lost that a host said something...and a person who had followed a bunch of people into the room just before the host showed up won almost immediately!  NOBODY CAN TYPE THAT FAST!  Flame is a wicked-fast typer.  I wasn't even close.  This is ridiculous.  Still looking for the 'fun'...

Flame, report it.  This is ridiculous.  I agree 1000% with you on what you said above ^^.  I have to go and read some more now, lol

I personally have almost given up on Host Hunts.  I clearly cannot compete with these kids cheating.  Nor do I have the patience to sit, and watch it happen.  They are obviously finding loopholes, and using it to their advantage.  There is no fun in that for the remainder of us.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 05:14 PM »

I've read that some of these people are all linked up on Skype.  Probably on IM, too.  I had a round I lost that a host said something...and a person who had followed a bunch of people into the room just before the host showed up won almost immediately!  NOBODY CAN TYPE THAT FAST!  Flame is a wicked-fast typer.  I wasn't even close.  This is ridiculous.  Still looking for the 'fun'...

Flame, report it.  This is ridiculous.  I agree 1000% with you on what you said above ^^.  I have to go and read some more now, lol

I personally have almost given up on Host Hunts.  I clearly cannot compete with these kids cheating.  Nor do I have the patience to sit, and watch it happen.  They are obviously finding loopholes, and using it to their advantage.  There is no fun in that for the remainder of us.

What they are doing is teaming up and helping each other win repeatedly.  Not against any rules...because there really are no VFK rules when it comes down to it.  If I report it, VFK will just blow it off.  An unfair advantage that takes away wins from people who play for themselves, only.   :uhuh2:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 05:33 PM »

You know, at first glance, this sounds like a 'fair' hunt.  But I'll tell ya.  It seems like people know WHEN the host is going to show up...and WHAT they are going to say ahead of time.  I've read that some of these people are all linked up on Skype.  Probably on IM, too.  I had a round I lost that a host said something...and a person who had followed a bunch of people into the room just before the host showed up won almost immediately!  NOBODY CAN TYPE THAT FAST!  Flame is a wicked-fast typer.  I wasn't even close.  This is ridiculous.  Still looking for the 'fun'...

that sounded like the room I was in and saw similiar  :hmmmm:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 06:33 PM »

that sounded like the room I was in and saw similiar  :hmmmm:

I'm sure that happened in many rooms.  It sounds like these people travel in groups to the next 'spot' where the host will be.  Nice, huh?  Unfair advantage.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 08:08 PM »

You know, at first glance, this sounds like a 'fair' hunt.  But I'll tell ya.  It seems like people know WHEN the host is going to show up...and WHAT they are going to say ahead of time.  I've read that some of these people are all linked up on Skype.  Probably on IM, too.  I had a round I lost that a host said something...and a person who had followed a bunch of people into the room just before the host showed up won almost immediately!  NOBODY CAN TYPE THAT FAST!  Flame is a wicked-fast typer.  I wasn't even close.  This is ridiculous.  Still looking for the 'fun'...

that sounded like the room I was in and saw similiar  :hmmmm:

I'm sure that happened in many rooms.  It sounds like these people travel in groups to the next 'spot' where the host will be.  Nice, huh?  Unfair advantage.

If that's the case, then perhaps Host should change the word each and every time they go to a new room.  At least the typing part would be more fair then.

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 08:12 PM »

You know, at first glance, this sounds like a 'fair' hunt.  But I'll tell ya.  It seems like people know WHEN the host is going to show up...and WHAT they are going to say ahead of time.  I've read that some of these people are all linked up on Skype.  Probably on IM, too.  I had a round I lost that a host said something...and a person who had followed a bunch of people into the room just before the host showed up won almost immediately!  NOBODY CAN TYPE THAT FAST!  Flame is a wicked-fast typer.  I wasn't even close.  This is ridiculous.  Still looking for the 'fun'...

I'm sure that happened in many rooms.  It sounds like these people travel in groups to the next 'spot' where the host will be.  Nice, huh?  Unfair advantage.

If that's the case, then perhaps Host should change the word each and every time they go to a new room.  At least the typing part would be more fair then.

It should be changed each and every time or else keep it regular Host Hunt where we all say the same.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 08:19 PM »

It should be changed each and every time or else keep it regular Host Hunt where we all say the same.

Yes; except if we all say the same thing each time that opens it up again to those using the "auto thingys' to cheat

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 08:38 PM »

It also seems apparent that some people have figured out the hosts 'pattern'.  This needs fixed.  The host should be RANDOMLY visiting rooms.  Ned Kellys.  Then the Space Shop.  Not Central Square, then Merlin's square, then Merlin's, then the Blacksmiths.  Spread it out as much as possible!  Sheesh...do I have to think of everything?  :hmm:
Pages: [1]   Go Up