VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/8 Host Jade's Icy Ride Game is open - Prize Arctic Large Giraffe  (Read 2076 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)

Prize is:  Plush Arctic Giraffe 2011 - Large

I hope we see the small giraffe.  They had him in the ride room tonight.  Cute!  Here's the difference between the 2 giraffes:  Although, both of those small ones look different.  Hmmm

Room is open!  GL to All!   :clapping:

info. from the in-game blast:

HOST_Jade’s Icy Choices Ride Game is now open.  Once you are in the queue please do not go AFK.  Check the HOST Room list.

Room info.:

2 teleporters win/2 do not

ETA:  Ride is broke apparently ~  in-game Blast:

We are having an issue in one of the rooms. Please be patient, the game will start again and stay open longer so everyone gets a chance. Sorry for the inconvenience - HOST_Jade

ETA again:

The ride is open again and will stay open until 11:30pm to make up for this delay. Enjoy the ride.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 06:47 PM by Astro »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Re: 1/8 Host Jade's Icy Ride Game is open
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 05:35 PM »

I did it, I broke the ride!  :lolg:

I actually was in the broken room. People were piling up at one of the ride teleporters. Not sure if the teleporter was broken or if the next ride piece was backwards. I think there were 20 or so of us in there. I was giggling and trying to make some jokes while we waited for help. Jade came in and said she was fixing things, but I don't think she could fix it with all of us sitting on the ride pieces she was trying to fix! (Plus some of the kids kept yelling out building instructions to the poor woman)

She apparently booted us all to fix it, then the pop up came up. So, I am back in line again!  :lolg:

Good luck everyone!  :hug: :bighug:

P.S. The ride rooms look great and the music is good!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:37 PM by PrincessWendyBird »
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
Re: 1/8 Host Jade's Icy Ride Game is open - Prize Arctic Large Giraffe
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 05:52 PM »

Just a quick update - I was waiting back in the queue full mode and they popped me back into the room since I was one of the people stuck and booted. That was nice, I was just waiting in line for the queue again.  :thumb:

Good Luck to everyone - we are sort of afk in line, but we'll probably hop off once/if we all get a try tonight to make room for others. Plus it is family movie night here! Woot! :dance2:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 03:17 PM »

This event seemed to take forever, and the Queue seemed to crawl for me.  The actual ride room was lagtastic.  It was too many people...all in one room...all riding the ride (which was lenghty)...and many times talking and shooting the breeze.  Lag.  Tastic.  It would have been nice if it were several rooms spread out...instead of just one big room with everyone in it.  Personal opinion ;)

ETA:  it was nice of them to let people know about the broken status of the ride (I think that's a first as far as communication goes during an event that something is amiss...).  Bummer that it broke in the first place, though.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 03:19 PM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 04:56 PM »

I missed the start of this Ride Event due to company at home. But, I did join in as soon as I could. 

Flame, I agree that the q seemed to "crawl" compared to the other night's where you were put on the ride automatically.  But, I still made it in to the Ride/porter. I made it through the ride rooms to get the pop-up message too.  At least the lag/temp freeze in these events does not interfere with the possibility of obtaining a Host Item like it would with Host Hunts. In Host Hunts with the big lag/temp freeze I would not win anything.

Perhaps the actual length of ride in the room is a big part of the lag problem.  Some players build big lengthy rides and I notice lag in those rooms as well.

Just a quick update - I was waiting back in the queue full mode and they popped me back into the room since I was one of the people stuck and booted. That was nice, I was just waiting in line for the queue again.  :thumb:

Good Luck to everyone - we are sort of afk in line, but we'll probably hop off once/if we all get a try tonight to make room for others. Plus it is family movie night here! Woot! :dance2:

It was great that they let people know the ride was broken; and that they pulled those back in to finish!

I love these Teleporter and/or Ride Host Events!  :2thunbs:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 05:23 PM »

I missed the start of this Ride Event due to company at home. But, I did join in as soon as I could. 

Flame, I agree that the q seemed to "crawl" compared to the other night's where you were put on the ride automatically.  But, I still made it in to the Ride/porter. I made it through the ride rooms to get the pop-up message too.  At least the lag/temp freeze in these events does not interfere with the possibility of obtaining a Host Item like it would with Host Hunts. In Host Hunts with the big lag/temp freeze I would not win anything.

Perhaps the actual length of ride in the room is a big part of the lag problem.  Some players build big lengthy rides and I notice lag in those rooms as well.

Yeah.  I think it's the number of people riding at once.  Once you get like over 5 people riding at the same time in a room, I start to lag out.  When I was in there...um...there was at least 10+ riding at once!  Lagtastic.  I guess I just hit a bad spot where alot of ppl were in there at once.  I still would like to see a more 'spread out' ride event with multiple rooms...not only reducing lag...but giving us more beauty to look at ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up