VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/7 Host Teleporter Game - Arctic Giraffe is prize  (Read 3334 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
1/7 Host Teleporter Game - Arctic Giraffe is prize
« on: January 07, 2011, 03:20 PM »

Reminder that the Host Apple Teleporter game just started.  Prize for choosing the right teleporter is the Arctic Giraffe.  3 teleporters lose/2 win -- per Host room info.

Plush Arctic Giraffee 2011 - Large

ETA:  I only was able to play for a half hour, thank goodness I was able to get in and pick the right teleporter.  I have to leave -- so I don't know if there is more than 1 prize or not.

Good luck to all playing!   :clapping:

EDIT:  VFK Homepage info.  :

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 09:50 PM by Astro »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
Re: 1/7 Host Teleporter Game - Arctic Giraffe is prize
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 04:29 PM »

I didn't get on till now (way, way after it started) so I hope I get one.

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 05:40 PM »

Well, I thought I had posted some pictures, etc. during the first hour of the event, but I came back and no post.  :??: I think I may have just hit preview to check it and not hit post.  :doh:

This game has been moving along very well. The queue system seems to be doing its "thing" from our end and Host_Apple is definitely keeping the line moving! Although, I have gotten in three times and lost all three!  :lolg: The kids and King were much more lucky! Plus, I got to spend a little time catching up with PrincessMadiro and DreamTulip!  :dance2:

So, I took a few pics to share:

A picture of Host_Apple's starting room:

A picture of the winning room and pop-up message:

A picture of the Plush giraffe in a room (for general size reference):

Good Luck Everyone!  :hug: :bighug: Can't wait to hear how the event was for everyone else!
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 06:33 PM »

I got on a little late; but did get in and won the giraffe!

So glad they have teleporter games!  :dance3: :dance2:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 07:12 PM »

Glad you ladies enjoyed the event.  Congrats.  :)

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 10:07 PM »

Hugs and Yay Fun!  :bighug: :hug: This is one of the things I like about this queue system. If you can't be on right when an event starts, you still have a chance to get in. With the queue system they tried first, similar to the one we had on VMK, if you were not there at an event start, you might as well forget getting in.

Hope the Flame family was as lucky tonight! This event has me excited for Jade's event tomorrow! :dance2:

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 10:48 PM »

So glad they have teleporter games!  :dance3: :dance2:

Hugs and Yay Fun!  :bighug: :hug: This is one of the things I like about this queue system. If you can't be on right when an event starts, you still have a chance to get in. With the queue system they tried first, similar to the one we had on VMK, if you were not there at an event start, you might as well forget getting in.

Hope the Flame family was as lucky tonight! This event has me excited for Jade's event tomorrow! :dance2:

Wow, your queue systems sound nothing at all like the one I am given to use!  
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:04 PM by Mermaid Melusina »

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 10:58 PM »

Hugs and Yay Fun!  :bighug: :hug: This is one of the things I like about this queue system. If you can't be on right when an event starts, you still have a chance to get in. With the queue system they tried first, similar to the one we had on VMK, if you were not there at an event start, you might as well forget getting in.

Wow, your queue systems sound nothing at all like the one I am given to use! 

I am confused Fish.i, you mean the current system or the previous one they tried?

A lot of the kids on another forum keep calling it a "rigged" queue, talking about clones getting in before their main character who was in line first. I think they are confused that the queue is simply "random". My main character did get in 3 times, but I was also in the queue right away and had my character on with the queue window open the entire time. I also lost every time! :rofl1: :sur:

Our daughter felt bad for me and took her main clone (her storage gal) on the other computer, That character got into the queue withing about 15-20 minutes and our daughter won!  :lolg: Well, at least I got a giraffe.

I am not sure about this, but someone had a screen shot of Jade saying the giraffe would be the Host game prize for the month, so keep playing the teleporter games. I don't know if they will keep the same prize all month, but I bet it will at least be the prize tomorrow!

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 11:14 PM »

Wendy, I just don't understand how the queue system works.  While some ppl get in more than once on same character, I know ppl that were there from the start and never got a queue number.  So, is it random?

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 05:51 AM »

Wendy, I just don't understand how the queue system works.  While some ppl get in more than once on same character, I know ppl that were there from the start and never got a queue number.  So, is it random?

It certainly seemed random.  I had one that didn't make it, while my other was pulled in twice, fairly quickly.  The queue obviously did not take people in the order they signed up   :td:  There was even one person in the room I was in, that got pulled three times within a window of five or ten minutes!

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 10:46 AM »

I don't want to sound like a party pooper because I usually enjoy most of VFK stuff. I like how new ideas are emerging from VFK and I like to participate in all events, but I also cannot be blinded at certain things.

While playing Host Hunts I know I have a chance of winning with very round because I am there participating and I go to the rooms I choose and even though it is luck to be in a room at the right moment, I still believe I have the same chance as everyone else who is hunting at the time.  With this queue system, I feel I have no control whether I can make it to the host room or not, even if I am vigilant and try to join the host room right when it opens. The majority of times I do not get in host room events. To hear that some people are pulled in many times while I am playing with my main who is there from the start and doesn't get in is not very comforting. So, I learn the hard way that the days when I only logged on my main for these events so other people could have a chance are over!  

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 12:27 PM »

It did take a bit for me to get a q number - it wasn't right away.  Sometimes I wait for it to keep checking for a q number and other times I exit the 'checking q' box and click the host room again.  I didn't notice one way as being better than the other.  I do love this random q though!

But, I do know that with the old system - I would have never gotten in since I was not able to be there at the beginning.

But I do hope they continue with the same prizes for a good length of time so that everyone can obtain the host item.  I would much prefer that everyone receive the host item - than only a select few. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:27 PM by funfly »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 01:51 PM »

It did take a bit for me to get a q number - it wasn't right away.  Sometimes I wait for it to keep checking for a q number and other times I exit the 'checking q' box and click the host room again.  I didn't notice one way as being better than the other.  I do love this random q though!

But, I do know that with the old system - I would have never gotten in since I was not able to be there at the beginning.

But I do hope they continue with the same prizes for a good length of time so that everyone can obtain the host item.  I would much prefer that everyone receive the host item - than only a select few. 

Agreed.  It took me almost a half hour to get a number.  I knew I had to leave within the half hour of the event, so I tried to click and be on right when it started.  It still said queue full for me when I did click, but I just waited it out a bit, and thankfully I did get a number before I had to go.

I try and do the same thing as Fun now, only because it took me FOREVER to get in to see Santa to get a hat/scarf.  I had been on since the beginning for an Event for that too, and never got in the first time I tried.

With the old queue, I usually wouldn't stand a chance either.  Sometimes I'm not on for the start of Events either.  That being said, sometimes I'm not around for them at all.  So, I would like the same prizes to be out for a fair amount of Events too.  I know I won't be around for every single one either, and would at least like to be given a few chances to try and win.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: [1]   Go Up