VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Icetastic Coins/Reward Items - Awarded for mini-games ~ Ends the end of January!  (Read 27088 times)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....

I timed myself for fireworks and checkers:

Fireworks - took approx 12-13 minutes for entire game (unless I wrote wrong time down) (can earn on more than 2 peeps at a time)

Checkers - takes anywhere from 3-7 minutes if you can win/lose quick -(unless lag is bad-then it's longer) & Both parties in checkers get an Ice Coin.  (quicker building on 1 - 2 clones for total coins)

I admit, I haven't had the time to even try and start earning ice coins.  So I'm a bit behind.  

Fun, please explain ... because I am totally confused!   "Fireworks - (can earn on more than 2 peeps at a time)"   How do you do this??  Just switching between player tabs (once they get the 500 score) or something else that I don't know how to do - lol

and Checkers ... So it isn't just the player that wins the game, that gets the ice coin?  Both players get an ice coin, provided the game is completed?  And ice coins cannot be traded right?

Lastly... so it doesn't matter what your score is on any game basically?  Just as long as it's greater than 500... because for that 1 game -- you will only be rewarded 1 ice coin anyway?  So why bother going over 500?  You don't receive additional ice coins for that game, correct?  Am I understanding that right?

Sorry for the questions, like I said I just haven't had the time to try this out yet.  

Thank you   :hug:

Hi Astro!

Fireworks:  I put 3 to 4 peeps in the same fireworks game.  Yes, correct, switch tabs on the peeps once they get 500 score. I should have put "during a firework game" instead of "2 peeps at a time" -  As long as score is 500 they get an Ice Coin. No extra coin for higher score.

Checkers: both players receive an Ice Coin as long as the game is completed.  If someone quits or game ends before completion(due to lag/freezing)  - no coins are awarded.  

Ice Coins cannot be traded as far as I know. But if I want a bunch of benches or the 10-12 coin cost items: fireworks is good to get the 500 score needed; then walk away to do laundry/etc until the game is done.

Fish.i, thanks for answering Astro's questions last night - I had gone to sleep. Just putting my answer here so ya know I don't know anything else quicker  :bighug:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 05:43 AM by funfly »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)

Thank you very much, Fun!   :bighug:   I appreciate all of the tips.  I am not fantastic at VFK mini-games as it is, so this helps a lot!  Thank you.  :)
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

I think that for all mini-games, you must let the game finish.  Bailing out/DCing/draw/etc. is a  :uhuh: .  Coins are not tradable...which uber-stinks  :td:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page

We have not been around as much the last few days, but I wanted to add a tip for those who may want to try the bird game for ice coins. I can manage to get the 500 points by level 7 or so. This takes 3-4 minutes or so and when you exit the AWA game you still receive your credits.

The key is to pull your car off to the side at the beginning of each level and try to get all of the birds. By about bird 7/10 on each level, I move the jeep on, getting gas cans and getting the other 3 birds for that level. Level 1 - I pull the jeep to the bottom of the screen. (Sometimes I have to hit the back button a few times to get it in the right place)
Level2 - Pull the jeep to the top of the screen right away. Level 3 - Pull the jeep to the top of the screen right away. Level 4 - I pull the jeep to the lower section of the screen before the first gas can.

I still have to try the checkers game, sounds like a more efficient way, but I have been earning ice coins with birds pretty quickly. Good Luck Everybody!  :hug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic

Well playing birds in any way shape or form is just scary for me since I can never, ever control my jeep and I always run out of gas, hehe.

I must also admit that my brain just simply can't memorize all the moves in checkers to do it as fast as Flame.  With that said, I did set aside about 2 hours to play checkers last night; there were interruptions here and there, and I just kind of "winged" it, but my games only lasted about 2.5-3 minutes.  I earned 53 coins in that 2 hours, which for me is not too shabby, as I had a big fat ZERO coins before that.

So, watching a movie with kids, I can earn that many coins.  I am happy with that.  Hero aslo has a method for Night Fiighters that he is going to try to teach his totally un-coordinated Mom.  He plays 3 ppl, and earns coins for 2 of them.  So, again, double coins. 

He tried the Fireworks with running 3 ppl at a time, but he claims he can earn the coins faster doing Night Fighters,  go Hero!  Of course, he doen't have to do household things like cooking and cleaning while trying to earn coins, so he would rather be shooting things up in Night Fighters, lol.

I am right there with you Astro, I just don't play the mini-games, and that is probably the biggest reason I stink at them. 

We will all find our little ways to earn them fast, and that's what counts.  I just am really hoping that they don't add TOO many more items, as I too am getting a late start in collecting coins.

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Mermaid Melusina

Got ten coins while mopping and doing the laundry!!!  Woohoo!!!!! Double Woot!!!  :dle:

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 07:00 PM by Mermaid Melusina »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Got ten coins while mopping and laundry!!!  Woohoo!!!!! Double whammy!!!  :dle:
Laundry? Cool!

-goes out to buy laundry-

Wait a minute...nvm  :shy:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....

Laundry? Cool!

Got ten coins while using vacuumn and laundry!

Hey Fish.i! Seems like Flame wants the laundry.
New plan: send Flame the dirty laundry while Fish.i & Fun play fireworks.  :lolg:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Laundry? Cool!

Got ten coins while using vacuumn and laundry!

Hey Fish.i! Seems like Flame wants the laundry.
New plan: send Flame the dirty laundry while Fish.i & Fun play fireworks.  :lolg:

:pdoh: :laugh2:

Mermaid Melusina

Corrected post although it will forever live in quotes.  :waveb:

It should have read like this:

"Got ten coins while mopping and doing the laundry!  Woohoo!!!! Double Woot!!"
(realized double whammy was not the phrase I wanted to use either)

Sometimes a little oops with language happens... :-X

Still excited though about getting coins while doing stuff at home!  :)

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 07:02 PM by Mermaid Melusina »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Corrected post although it will forever live in quotes.  :waveb:

It should have read like this:

"Got ten coins while mopping and doing the laundry!  Woohoo!!!! Double Woot!!"
(realized double whammy was not the phrase I wanted to use either)

Sometimes a little oops with language happens... :-X

Still excited though about getting coins while doing stuff at home!  :)
ROFL  No worries about language, Fish.i!  If you wanna see some examples of bad language, I'll let ya see some of my PMs :P   :roflmao: :rofl1:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....

no worries fish.i - my sentence isn't perfect (many a time)

but i still say: flame seemed excited about laundry so let's send flame our dirty laundry to finish; while we play fireworks!  :dle:

Mermaid Melusina

but i still say: flame seemed excited about laundry so let's send flame our dirty laundry to finish; while we play fireworks!  :dle:

:lolg: Let's do that!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Ah...the perfect time for my washing machine to 'break'  :tongue3: LOL :)

Mermaid Melusina

Perfect! Ever heard of washing by hand?  :rofl1:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

I'm afraid Flames 'spin cycle' isn't what it used to be  :shy:

Mermaid Melusina

I'm afraid Flames 'spin cycle' isn't what it used to be  :shy:

It's okay, I will settle for the Gentle Cycle.  You are running out of excuses.... :laugh2:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up