VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Icetastic Coins/Reward Items - Awarded for mini-games ~ Ends the end of January!  (Read 27091 times)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....

thanks ducky!  :bighug:

I need to find time for ice coin earning!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

OMG  :sos:  I lost all my icetastic coins!

I have not played  checkers before on VFK, but I was told it would be a faster way than ghosts, to get coins.  While  I was playing, my opponent had to leave and she just logged out of VFK.  The game was stalled cause there was no opponent to move.  So I tried to get up, tried offering a draw, all to no avail.  I got up from the chair and it said I was resigning the game, so I said yes.  All my 71 icetastic coins are gone!!

Yes I put in a help report, and I hope it does help.  But I was hoping some of you might know how I should have been able to get out of that game, w/o resigning?

Thanks for anyone's help!
  :cry:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....

I have not played  checkers before on VFK, but I was told it would be a faster way than ghosts, to get coins.  While  I was playing, my opponent had to leave and she just logged out of VFK.  The game was stalled cause there was no opponent to move.  So I tried to get up, tried offering a draw, all to no avail.  I got up from the chair and it said I was resigning the game, so I said yes.  All my 71 icetastic coins are gone!!

Yes I put in a help report, and I hope it does help.  But I was hoping some of you might know how I should have been able to get out of that game, w/o resigning?

oh my gosh ducky!  I don't know how.  Did you double check for coins after you log out and back in?

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Wish I could help, Duck.i...but not a clue.  Like Fun said, log out.  Refresh.  Clear cache.  All that stuff.  Then log in and see what happens.  Send 1 help report a day until they respond.  GL :(

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....

I checked with some friends and found out the following:

Both:  Ice Elephant Large (with the blue)
         and the Ice Elephant with Howdah

You can "sit" on both of these. The large you sit sideways as we do on our rocking horses.

If you like the elephants, the suggestion was made to buy Elephant with Howdah first - it does look very nice as well.

Mermaid Melusina

You can "sit" on both of these. The large you sit sideways as we do on our rocking horses.

If you like the elephants, the suggestion was made to buy Elephant with Howdah first - it does look very nice as well.

You can sit on the two smaller ice elephants too.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....

You can sit on the two smaller ice elephants too.

Thanks Fish.i! I did not think to check those out!

Think I'm gonna need more coins!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

Thanks to Fun and Vintage, I have my icetastic coins back.

I did refresh as Fun suggested, and I saw Vintage had started an IM with me.  She asked me to check "now" for the coins, and happily they were back.  Phew!  Each ghost game takes ten minutes.. that's a lot of work to lose those coins!
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

I did refresh as Fun suggested, and I saw Vintage had started an IM with me.  She asked me to check "now" for the coins, and happily they were back.  Phew!  Each ghost game takes ten minutes.. that's a lot of work to lose those coins!

Yay!  Congrats on getting those back, Duck.i!  Age rocks ;)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....

Glad you got them back Ducky!

I see you said Ghost game takes ten minutes.
-------------------------------------------

I timed myself for fireworks and checkers:

Fireworks - took approx 12-13 minutes for entire game (unless I wrote wrong time down) (can earn on more than 2 peeps at a time)

Checkers - takes anywhere from 3-7 minutes if you can win/lose quick -(unless lag is bad-then it's longer) & Both parties in checkers get an Ice Coin.  (quicker building on 1 - 2 clones for total coins)

If you want low-cost items I think it doesn't matter which game. But high cost items would take time unless you do the faster games.  Anyone else with some good plan?

If I'm wrong on these times, someone let me know!  :bighug:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 06:32 PM by funfly »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

I did refresh as Fun suggested, and I saw Vintage had started an IM with me.  She asked me to check "now" for the coins, and happily they were back.  Phew!  Each ghost game takes ten minutes.. that's a lot of work to lose those coins!

Glad you got them back Ducky!

I see you said Ghost game takes ten minutes.
-------------------------------------------

Fireworks - took approx 12-13 minutes for entire game (unless I wrote wrong time down) (can earn on more than 2 peeps at a time)

Checkers - takes anywhere from 3-7 minutes if you can win/lose quick -(unless lag is bad-then it's longer) & Both parties in checkers get an Ice Coin.  (quicker building on 1 - 2 clones for total coins)

If you want low-cost items I think it doesn't matter which game. But high cost items would take time unless you do the faster games.  Anyone else with some good plan?

If I'm wrong on these times, someone let me know!  :bighug:
Those are good plans.  Night fighters can also be a very quick coin.  But I'm sold on checkers.  I timed myself last night while playing myself.  I can lose (win?) in less than 2 minutes :tan:   :laugh2:  Pathetic, no?  ;)

Mermaid Melusina

Here's another plan if you are not in a hurry.  Start a fireworks game, do the 500 score and let it run by itself while doing other things, reading mail, or whatever need you have at the time. You can even go do the dishes!  :lolg:  I do warn you, game takes forever to end, but if you actually are doing something else, you are doing chores and getting the ice coin at same time.  Repeat as necessary.   :rofl1:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....

Here's another plan if you are not in a hurry.  Start a fireworks game, do the 500 score and let it run by itself while doing other things, reading mail, or whatever need you have at the time. You can even go do the dishes!  :lolg:  I do warn you, game takes forever to end, but if you actually are doing something else, you are doing chores and getting the ice coin at same time.  Repeat as necessary.   :rofl1:

good plan; maybe I'll get that laundry folded then!
 Dear hubby is sorta looking for some of those clothes  :rofl1:

Mermaid Melusina

LOL Fun.  It's the slowest plan to get ice coins, slowly but surely....

Most effective would be Flame's plan as far as ice coins and time.  My plan is most effective when stuff needs to be done around here.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:48 PM by Mermaid Melusina »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)

Checkers - takes anywhere from 3-7 minutes if you can win/lose quick -(unless lag is bad-then it's longer) & Both parties in checkers get an Ice Coin.  (quicker building on 1 - 2 clones for total coins)

I admit, I haven't had the time to even try and start earning ice coins.  So I'm a bit behind.  

Fun, please explain ... because I am totally confused!   "Fireworks - (can earn on more than 2 peeps at a time)"   How do you do this??  Just switching between player tabs (once they get the 500 score) or something else that I don't know how to do - lol

and Checkers ... So it isn't just the player that wins the game, that gets the ice coin?  Both players get an ice coin, provided the game is completed?  And ice coins cannot be traded right?

Lastly... so it doesn't matter what your score is on any game basically?  Just as long as it's greater than 500... because for that 1 game -- you will only be rewarded 1 ice coin anyway?  So why bother going over 500?  You don't receive additional ice coins for that game, correct?  Am I understanding that right?

Sorry for the questions, like I said I just haven't had the time to try this out yet.  

Thank you   :hug:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 09:04 PM by Astro »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Mermaid Melusina

Yes Astro, only one coin if you have more than 500 as a score.  The one they talk about two players at once is Checkers.  Both get coins regardless if they win or lose.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)

Thanks Fish.i.  I appreciate the help.

I think fireworks might work best for me too, because I can leave it run and get other things done.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up