VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Host hunts improving??  (Read 6278 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Host hunts improving??
« on: December 07, 2010, 12:52 PM »

Is it me, or have the last 2 hunts moved INCREDIBLY fast...compared to what we've become sadly accustomed to over the last half year or so?  It's starting to feel like it's back to 'normal' now.  Except for awhile in the later part of yesterdays hunt where there was a very big pause in between rounds, then it ran kindof slowly for the rest of the hunt (and somewhat buggy).

I've also read rumors elsewhere that people have been saying the phrase and it hasn't been showing.  I haven't seen this happen, though.  Anyone else witness this?  I hope we're not back to a buggy hunt program again.  Time to keep the screenshot programs rolling at all times again.  It could be a bumpy ride...

I've also read that the same winners are being seen winning again and again.  Frankly, I haven't seen that during the last 2 hunts.  I've never seen more new titles...ever...than during the last 2 hunts.  There were maybe a few that were 'mains' that I noticed winning...but the rest I was shocked to see were all new titles!  Weird.  Maybe I was playing a different hunt... :P  lol

Personally, I've been thrilled with the speed of the last 2 hunts.  There were a great many winners, and I think Dragon hit aLOT of rooms.  Very unusual.  Either she got a new pooter, or someone else is doing the hunts now.  I did receive some interaction with Dragon the other day...which was unusual.  I said something and she 'LOL' (shock ;)  ).  So it's not completely automated...as some people seem to think.  I mean seriously...if she comes into a room and a player is AFK, she will walk over to that person and go 'BOO!'.   LOL  No joke!  I got the pics. ;)  And then there are the hints she gives.  I'm fascinated that people are saying that it's all automated now...

Let's hope that hunts will move along quickly from now on...with no more bugs.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 01:25 PM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
Re: Host hunts improving??
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 01:48 PM »

I've also read that the same winners are being seen winning again and again.  Frankly, I haven't seen that during the last 2 hunts.  I've never seen more new titles...ever...than during the last 2 hunts.  There were maybe a few that were 'mains' that I noticed winning...but the rest I was shocked to see were all new titles!  Weird.  Maybe I was playing a different hunt... :P  lol

Let's hope that hunts will move along quickly from now on...with no more bugs.

edited some of your comments out just so I could comment...

New titles winning - of course, it is so much easier now to change those titles on "clones" - people changed titles of their clones before to keep people guessing; now it's even easier to change those titles I think.

I'm sure there will still be bugs though.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 02:19 PM »

New titles winning - of course, it is so much easier now to change those titles on "clones" - people changed titles of their clones before to keep people guessing; now it's even easier to change those titles I think.

Ok, I seriously need someone to explain this to me.  How do the new 'nag popups' make it easier to change a title?  I've tried both ways...and it saves about 2 seconds over hitting the 'help' button and then 'title request'.  I get the same rejections using both methods.  Am I missing something?  :??:  I am trying to keep an open mind about it.  Anyone?

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 02:34 PM »

I did notice hunt going faster, how wonderful that was!  It makes it more fun when you just dont wait forever for pop ups or wonder if the hunt is actually over.  It was a nice change of pace!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 02:34 PM »

Ok, I seriously need someone to explain this to me.  How do the new 'nag popups' make it easier to change a title?  I've tried both ways...and it saves about 2 seconds over hitting the 'help' button and then 'title request'.  I get the same rejections using both methods.  Am I missing something?  :??:  I am trying to keep an open mind about it.  Anyone?

What I meant was that it is easy to change titles now, quicker results than before. And by being able to change titles quicker than previously -- "new" people or "titles not seen as winners" previously may be winning. So, the question is are they really newer titles/peeps winning? Or, the same person with new/different titles?

Before when I put in title requests, it seemed I had to wait or had difficulty in getting a title approved.  Now, however, I changed over 15 clone's titles in less than a half hour - AND they were approved to the new title within a few minutes (I went in, requested new title, logged off - repeat with another clone. Then went back to check the first clone to see if approved - it was approved already! Never had them changed or approved that quick of a time-frame.  I changed over 15 clone titles in a very short time frame; most were approved with about 3 not approved.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 02:38 PM by funfly »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 02:40 PM »

What I meant was that it is easy to change titles now, quicker results than before. And by being able to change titles quicker than previously -- "new" people or "titles not seen as winners" previously may be winning. So, the question is are they really newer titles/peeps winning? Or, the same person with new/different titles?

Before when I put in title requests, it seemed I had to wait or had difficulty in getting a title approved.  Now, however, I changed over 15 clone's titles in less than a half hour - AND they were approved to the new title within a few minutes (I went in, requested new title, logged off - repeat with another clone. Then went back to check the first clone to see if approved - it was approved already! Never had them changed or approved that quick of a time-frame.

OOO I think I see now.  So it's not the popups that are making it easier.  They're approving titles quicker or rejecting faster?  That's cool if that's the case.  I have guests that haven't received a response in...oh...about 2 years!  LOL.  :hmm:

@Fish.i:  I said that to Gail last night on the phone.  Being able to see frequent blasts not only assures everyone that the hunt is still going...it kindof keeps us awake ;)  LOL. 

EDIT:  just noticed ya changed yer post, Fun.  LOL.  I personally believe that we are not seeing many new people winning.  It is the usual people winning on newly titled (or re-titled) clones.  Personal opinion, but it makes sense based on past history.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 02:42 PM by flamanar »

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 02:45 PM »

Woot!  It is reassuring to see those pop ups!  Thanks Flame!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 02:48 PM »

Woot!  It is reassuring to see those pop ups!  Thanks Flame!
Anytime ;)  I enjoy talking to Gail.  It's usually very hard to get through...so I'm happy about the rare occasions when we are able to talk.  She's such a nice person, and we get along well...which helps ;)  LOL.

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 06:33 AM »

Ok, I seriously need someone to explain this to me.  How do the new 'nag popups' make it easier to change a title?  I've tried both ways...and it saves about 2 seconds over hitting the 'help' button and then 'title request'.  I get the same rejections using both methods.  Am I missing something?  :??:  I am trying to keep an open mind about it.  Anyone?

Before when I put in title requests, it seemed I had to wait or had difficulty in getting a title approved.  Now, however, I changed over 15 clone's titles in less than a half hour - AND they were approved to the new title within a few minutes (I went in, requested new title, logged off - repeat with another clone. Then went back to check the first clone to see if approved - it was approved already! Never had them changed or approved that quick of a time-frame.  I changed over 15 clone titles in a very short time frame; most were approved with about 3 not approved.

They must have someone on staff soley dedicated to title maintenance.  That is the only thing I can think of.  Or, they've got some new program in place that auto-checks faster than before, therefore providing approval/rejection faster than before.

15 title changes in less than half an hour?  Then one of the above is the only explanation.  Host hunts used to be about 50-50 Titles/Guests winning.  These last few have been mostly titles and a small handful of guests.

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up