VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LATE BREAKING NEWS!!! Find Friends Current Location!!!!  (Read 6320 times)

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
LATE BREAKING NEWS!!! Find Friends Current Location!!!!
« on: December 04, 2010, 09:25 PM »

Goodness gracious.....it's about time:

We can now locate our friends via our friends list!!! Click on friend, and it tells you where they are.  WOOT WOOT.

Was messing with my inventory and then clicked on friends list....voila.

.it
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 09:30 PM by Flamanette »

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Mermaid Melusina

Re: LATE BREAKING NEWS!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 09:27 PM »

Wow, new features tonight!  VFK has been working on stuff!  :thumb:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: LATE BREAKING NEWS!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 09:29 PM »

"viola"?  :lolg:  Way cool feature!  I hope this is just the beginning of a much needed and waited for transition in VFK.  :2thunbs:

Mermaid Melusina

Re: LATE BREAKING NEWS!!! Find Friends Current Location!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 09:32 PM »

I saw "viola" too...hmm...someone edited!  :laugh2:

Flamanette

a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 09:36 PM »

But not fast enough I see!  ROFL.

He stalks my posts everywhere I go.....

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 09:37 PM »

But not fast enough I see!  ROFL.

.it

You were lucky he didn't quote!   :rofl1:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 10:19 PM »

I saw "viola" too...hmm...someone edited!  :laugh2:

But not fast enough I see!  ROFL.

.it
-stalks-  :tongue3:

Next time you get QUOTED!   >:D

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
  • Moderator of This Board
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 10:55 PM »

OMG, I was just thinking about this the other day and was wondering if they would EVER have it here.  I hope they aren't reading my mind.  :tw:  :crazy4:  :lolg:

Nooooo, I don't want to be found!  Wait, I didn't know I was lost.

If they are reading my mind then :please: :please: :please: :please: :please: can I have a pet that follows me everywhere and can do things with it (for everyone not just members)?  Thank you and :yourock: if you do that for everyone.  :clapping:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 04:18 AM »

Thanks for the update .it

Krazy, I was just thinking about this one myself a few nights ago!  Those VFK mindreaders :lolg:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 12:29 PM »

As everyone here probably knows by now, Flame always tries to be objective in his opinions.  Thinking more about this latest addition to VFK:  while I see the benefits of having it, and the convenience...I also see throngs of people who will be SERIOUSLY unhappy with this new addition.  Think about everyone on your list having the ability to see where you are at all times.  That...can be a discomforting thought.  Not that anyone who is active here would use this type of thing for 'nefarious purposes'...it does seriously infringe on the privacy that alot of people have come to appreciate over the years in VFK.  Those days are now gone.  I foresee a few things happening because of this addition:

1.  If you thought there was a ton of new clones who won during the last host hunt...you ain't seen nothing yet!  People will 'go incognito' so that others won't be able to see the rooms they win in!
2.  This will make it extremely difficult for people looking to trade items up to their mains from their clones...and still keep their clones 'unknown'.
3.  The idea of having a 'private room' for a small group of friends to talk or hang out in will be very challenging to accomplish now.
4.  Building special rooms that you don't want others to see until you're done will be hard to do now (birthday rooms, holiday rooms, etc.)

With VFK enabling this type of feature, I think (IMHO) they also need to provide us with an 'incognito' or 'invisible' button, so that we can enjoy some privacy...without hurting other players feelings, and without having to resort to clones to accomplish it.  Sometimes, you need a place you can go to with your closest friends to talk about things that may be 'sensitive' in nature.  Again:  privacy is no longer with us.  Even if I rename a room to something innocuous and lock it, people will still get all upset.

As much as I really like this feature, I'm already EXTREMELY uncomfortable with it.  I spent a short while going down my list a few minutes ago...not 'spying' on anyone.  Just out of curiousity seeing where everybody was.  Then I realized that people could do the same thing with me...at any time...if they wanted to.  

While this feature probably won't disturb many in the kingdom who couldn't give a rip if anyone knew where they were because they don't trade, don't use clones, only hangout, etc...it WILL disturb many in the kingdom who require privacy for various reasons.  It will only make the 'clone mayhem' worse.

And that's my 2 cents.  I'm sure there will be those who disagree.  Now please excuse me while I go off to make more clones.  :hmm:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 12:31 PM by flamanar »

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 02:54 PM »

I kinda like this feature so far.  I have to take the other side here flame.

We could see where friends were in VMK before also, if I remember correctly.  I really don't remember it being a big problem/complaint in VMK with people. This is great in my mind, as it allows me to then decide if I should even try to follow someone; - or - if it is a room that I want to avoid.  Personally, I am one of those who don't care if people know where I am. 

Just to counter for the fun of it:  :bighug:

1 - I do believe there are already "a ton" of "incognito" clones currently for these host hunts.....yep, yep.  Know that one for a fact.

2 - Trading up your clones so others don't see your clones:  there is a way, works very nicely too.

3- If you are in a locked room of your own, other people still can't follow so you get that "privacy" with the group of friends.  If I am reading that part right.  Only difference will be that any on list can see the title of the room this time around.

4 - If you are building a room you don't want others to see (contests/birthday surprise/etc) - just don't title the room description until you're done.  Otherwise, people usually lock those rooms while building anyway...so no difference in my mind.

People in game kept complaining how things were "not finished" with VFK stuff before they brought more out.  Well, seems they have been working on some of it, what with this "location feature" for persons; along with "items in inventory" and "search" buttons for inventory, etc.  They "finished" some items so will be interesting to see if others in game complain or give kudo's

As everyone here probably knows by now, Flame always tries to be objective in his opinions.  Thinking more about this latest addition to VFK:  while I see the benefits of having it, and the convenience...I also see throngs of people who will be SERIOUSLY unhappy with this new addition.  Think about everyone on your list having the ability to see where you are at all times.  That...can be a discomforting thought.  Not that anyone who is active here would use this type of thing for 'nefarious purposes'...it does seriously infringe on the privacy that alot of people have come to appreciate over the years in VFK.  Those days are now gone.  I foresee a few things happening because of this addition:

1.  If you thought there was a ton of new clones who won during the last host hunt...you ain't seen nothing yet!  People will 'go incognito' so that others won't be able to see the rooms they win in!
2.  This will make it extremely difficult for people looking to trade items up to their mains from their clones...and still keep their clones 'unknown'.
3.  The idea of having a 'private room' for a small group of friends to talk or hang out in will be very challenging to accomplish now.
4.  Building special rooms that you don't want others to see until you're done will be hard to do now (birthday rooms, holiday rooms, etc.)

With VFK enabling this type of feature, I think (IMHO) they also need to provide us with an 'incognito' or 'invisible' button, so that we can enjoy some privacy...without hurting other players feelings, and without having to resort to clones to accomplish it.  Sometimes, you need a place you can go to with your closest friends to talk about things that may be 'sensitive' in nature.  Again:  privacy is no longer with us.  Even if I rename a room to something innocuous and lock it, people will still get all upset.

As much as I really like this feature, I'm already EXTREMELY uncomfortable with it.  I spent a short while going down my list a few minutes ago...not 'spying' on anyone.  Just out of curiousity seeing where everybody was.  Then I realized that people could do the same thing with me...at any time...if they wanted to. 

While this feature probably won't disturb many in the kingdom who couldn't give a rip if anyone knew where they were because they don't trade, don't use clones, only hangout, etc...it WILL disturb many in the kingdom who require privacy for various reasons.  It will only make the 'clone mayhem' worse.

And that's my 2 cents.  I'm sure there will be those who disagree.  Now please excuse me while I go off to make more clones.  :hmm:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 03:16 PM »

I see what you're saying.  However, I said in my previous post that I liked and didn't like it.  Some things about it are great.  Some stink...to say the least.  I'm a big 'privacy advocate'...so you can see how I have an issue with this feature.

Yes, this is an unfinished feature.  Only took...what...2+ years to get it done.  LOL.  While I'm glad they're getting 'caught up' on stuff, at the same time, this is stuff from...um...BETA...that they're working on.  So yeah it's great.  And yeah it's about flippin' time.  LOL.

Not sure about VMK since I didn't have friends there.  So can't speak to any location feature there.

As far as going down the list:

1.  Yes, TONS of clones for the last hunt.  LOL.  It was seriously obvious.

2.  Trading up clones will still be possible.  Just more tedious and 'round about' now, I believe.  Especially to keep ones clones 'unknown'.

3.  Locked rooms will work.  And some people will be offended if they are locked out of a room that some of their other friends are all occupying.  

4.  Birthday/special event rooms.  Yes, those can be locked or not named.  And it will probably be obvious to the recipient what is going on.  This will probably best be done on a clone now with furnish permits.

As far as 'complaints' or 'kudos'...that all depends on what forum you read  :laugh2:

Again, I like and hate this feature.  If they're playing 'catch up', then they should be concentrating on the really essential features that we need.  There are still many.  For instance:  

- still some MAJOR inventory issues that need to be fixed
- the ability to ignore friend requests
- the ability to ignore trade requests
- the ability to travel faster on foot (making the use of fairy magic less essential to get around quickly...and majorly reducing lag at the same time)
- timing avatars out after a set period of time (no more clones sitting in a room all day waiting for a host hunt...and placing a HUGE burden on the servers)

Those are just a few.  And I haven't even mentioned the laundry list of bugs in game that still need to be squashed, too.

I'm glad they're finally getting some things done.  It is appreciated.  There is a long way to go, and more important things that we need.  

All personal opinion, as usual  :grouphug2:

I kinda like this feature so far.  I have to take the other side here flame.

We could see where friends were in VMK before also, if I remember correctly.  I really don't remember it being a big problem/complaint in VMK with people. This is great in my mind, as it allows me to then decide if I should even try to follow someone; - or - if it is a room that I want to avoid.  Personally, I am one of those who don't care if people know where I am.  

Just to counter for the fun of it:  :bighug:

1 - I do believe there are already "a ton" of "incognito" clones currently for these host hunts.....yep, yep.  Know that one for a fact.

2 - Trading up your clones so others don't see your clones:  there is a way, works very nicely too.

3- If you are in a locked room of your own, other people still can't follow so you get that "privacy" with the group of friends.  If I am reading that part right.  Only difference will be that any on list can see the title of the room this time around.

4 - If you are building a room you don't want others to see (contests/birthday surprise/etc) - just don't title the room description until you're done.  Otherwise, people usually lock those rooms while building anyway...so no difference in my mind.

People in game kept complaining how things were "not finished" with VFK stuff before they brought more out.  Well, seems they have been working on some of it, what with this "location feature" for persons; along with "items in inventory" and "search" buttons for inventory, etc.  They "finished" some items so will be interesting to see if others in game complain or give kudo's

As everyone here probably knows by now, Flame always tries to be objective in his opinions.  Thinking more about this latest addition to VFK:  while I see the benefits of having it, and the convenience...I also see throngs of people who will be SERIOUSLY unhappy with this new addition.  Think about everyone on your list having the ability to see where you are at all times.  That...can be a discomforting thought.  Not that anyone who is active here would use this type of thing for 'nefarious purposes'...it does seriously infringe on the privacy that alot of people have come to appreciate over the years in VFK.  Those days are now gone.  I foresee a few things happening because of this addition:

1.  If you thought there was a ton of new clones who won during the last host hunt...you ain't seen nothing yet!  People will 'go incognito' so that others won't be able to see the rooms they win in!
2.  This will make it extremely difficult for people looking to trade items up to their mains from their clones...and still keep their clones 'unknown'.
3.  The idea of having a 'private room' for a small group of friends to talk or hang out in will be very challenging to accomplish now.
4.  Building special rooms that you don't want others to see until you're done will be hard to do now (birthday rooms, holiday rooms, etc.)

With VFK enabling this type of feature, I think (IMHO) they also need to provide us with an 'incognito' or 'invisible' button, so that we can enjoy some privacy...without hurting other players feelings, and without having to resort to clones to accomplish it.  Sometimes, you need a place you can go to with your closest friends to talk about things that may be 'sensitive' in nature.  Again:  privacy is no longer with us.  Even if I rename a room to something innocuous and lock it, people will still get all upset.

As much as I really like this feature, I'm already EXTREMELY uncomfortable with it.  I spent a short while going down my list a few minutes ago...not 'spying' on anyone.  Just out of curiousity seeing where everybody was.  Then I realized that people could do the same thing with me...at any time...if they wanted to.  

While this feature probably won't disturb many in the kingdom who couldn't give a rip if anyone knew where they were because they don't trade, don't use clones, only hangout, etc...it WILL disturb many in the kingdom who require privacy for various reasons.  It will only make the 'clone mayhem' worse.

And that's my 2 cents.  I'm sure there will be those who disagree.  Now please excuse me while I go off to make more clones.  :hmm:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 03:18 PM by flamanar »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 06:13 PM »

Late breaking news to the late breaking news!  Observe:

Uncheck the 'broadcast location' box and click 'save options'...and you're back to 'normal'.  ROFL.  THANKS VFK!!!!  YOU ROCK!   :clapping: :clap1: :2thunbs:

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 06:20 PM »

Oh yes!  VFK thought of everything this time!    :thumb:   :clap1:

Flamanette

a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 06:26 PM »

Oh yes!  VFK thought of everything this time!    :thumb:   :clap1:

WOOT! Yes they did.....bravo VFK for giving us this option for when it needed.  TY TY.

.it

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 07:06 PM »

wonder how long that's been there  :lolg:

flame! what are you doing to those poor little sheep on your grills? say it isn't so!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 08:12 PM »

wonder how long that's been there  :lolg:

flame! what are you doing to those poor little sheep on your grills? say it isn't so!
They were too big for the rotisserie :P  LOL.  OH!  The bonfire!  -runs off to light it-  :laugh2:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up