VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/7 New maze prizes announced  (Read 7018 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 11/7 New maze prizes announced
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 01:18 PM »

I didn't really care if someone "cheated" or not and I never reported it, but the only thing I HATED about the maze was people using Big Fairy and if you asked them to take it off beforehand they gave you the tude (attitude).  Plus they would just sit and wait at the bottom of the maze until next go round as the big fairy and I would lag so badly.  The wolf was sometimes bad for me as well, but fairy was horrible.

If they had fairy on and I froze up bad I just waited it out and continued on, but the cheating thing never got to me cause I always said to myself that I will get there when I get there and I was freezing so bad that many people passed me anyway.  LOL!

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:

Yeah, I had a beef with people who used big fairy.  Small fairy did away with the lag.  You still had the people running big fairies, though.  And like you said...some would cop an attitude if you asked them not to run the maze with big fairy.  Worse...like you said...some people used big fairies as 'anchors' in the maze.  That was BIGTIME uncool.  :uhuh:

Then again, there are those nefarious people who will do something like that KNOWING that it will make it more difficult for people to do the mazes.  Just like those same people will use big fairy or even lots of magic in a room during a host hunt in order to try to force others to either lag or DC...ensuring a win for themselves.  No, I'm not making it up, either.  :uhuh2:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 01:20 PM by flamanar »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 01:34 PM »

A few people close to staff with big mouths ruined it for the rest of us, I'm sure.  

If people seeing others taking a shortcut...what's stopping them from doing the same thing?  :hmm:

@Astro:  you said "Although ... there is some guy in there as a tiny fairy -- refuses of course to answer anyone on how he got in there like that in the first place.  Figures"

Probably just another of those 'VFK favorites'.  They do still exist.  And unfortunately, they're growing in numbers.  I have a pretty good idea who that person is (there are a few people who leave their mains in the mazes almost 24/7...I swear, some people in game never sleep).  

Yup Flame.  I won't quote your WHOLE post, because... it's long!   ;)

But anyway .. Yes, I agree.  ^^^

You want to know why these people didn't use fairy to get through the maze?  Most likely because they were too darn lazy to complete the quests on their clones, and are now ticked off at the rest of the kingdom getting through the mazes the easy way.   :)   Not my problem.

I ONLY use fairy dazzle - tiny fairy.  I don't go in these mazes as a huge fairy.  I get in, get out, get on with life.

Yeah, no idea who the guy was with tiny fairy on in the maze, not answering ANYONE, because we all were asking -- HOW?  He wasn't afk, cause he did move!     :uhuh2:

Try "following" instead of walking in?  That might still work?
I did, doesn't work.  Tried a few times.  :(

I tried this a while back ago and it never worked for me either.  All it did was bring me to the front of the maze and I could just do that by walking there.

I'm sure we all used fairy dazzle (I did anyway - not big fairy), because that was the only way to cut through the maze before.  If you were a big fairy or a wolf - I'm pretty sure you would get stuck.  

Don't get confused here.  We were talking about still trying to keep fairy dazzle magic on, once entering the mazes.  If you have it on before entering the maze -- once you enter, it's automatically turned off.  Whether you go into the mazes from the map, or follow a clone or friend.  

.It suggested to follow a clone or friend, to see if that would keep the magic going.  I tried that - it still didn't work.  Magic came off upon entering maze automatically.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 01:36 PM by Astro »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 01:50 PM »

Yup Flame.  I won't quote your WHOLE post, because... it's long!   ;)

ROFL  It's been a long time since I made a LONG post!  Now was a good time ;)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 03:41 PM »

Boy, I do miss using tiny fairy to cheat and cut across the maze!  That part I did. 

So, now the fairy(big & little I presume) shuts off when you enter the maze - if you fly there or follow someone it's gone when you enter.  Somewhat  :bm: because I can't skip through that maze now and somewhat  :2thunbs:  because I won't get attacked by others with big fairy in the maze.

At least we can all agree on one thing:  NOW it is equal treatment for all persons entering the maze. This will show no favoritism towards players with one type of magic over another, etc.
          1 - There will be no lag caused by some others entering with big fairy.
          2 - Everyone will have to walk the maze instead of using "autopilot" through those maze walls. 

I kinda like those hay bales tied up with pretty red bows - gonna suggest that to some farmer friends and see what their thoughts are  :doh: :crazy:  They could probably charge more money per bale if they "prettied" them up  :lolg:  Wonder what type of building can be done with these - I'm sure there are some who will come up with something good.

The fence are kinda nice too; but boy that gate is difficult to get!  I'll just have to keep trying!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 05:55 PM »

Amen Fun!   :hug:

Just a silly little thing, hope you all laugh as much as I did   .... I think people are extemely irate over this whole fairy thing, not being able to be used in the mazes.  Someone just had an extreme case of "maze-road-rage" on me!   I just got accused of "copying" someones route in the maze.    :hmmmm:   Um really?? ... you mean the same ROUTE that everyone in the kingdom is taking, to cut-down on "walk time"??  You mean that same one??  That apparently only this one single person in the kingdom has a virtual patent on.  good grief.   :uhuh2:    yup ignored

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 06:14 PM »

Ugh..it will always be something...ppl will never be totally happy. 

Copying route?   :rofl1:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 06:37 PM »

Someone just had an extreme case of "maze-road-rage" on me!   I just got accused of "copying" someones route in the maze.

Please tell me you're joking  :hmm:  That's so beyond pathetic.  There is only 1 solution to the maze.  So...you chose that 1 route and got ripped for it?  Weird.o alert...  :sos: :crazy2:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 06:52 PM »

Please tell me you're joking 

lol I'm not joking!   The crazies are out in full force!   :ls:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 07:20 PM »

Take no prisoners!  :pboom: :pcannon: :pguns:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 07:00 AM »

I'm so going to look out the window tonight and see if there is a full moon!  :moon:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 08:50 AM »

Amen Fun!   :hug:

Just a silly little thing, hope you all laugh as much as I did   .... I think people are extemely irate over this whole fairy thing, not being able to be used in the mazes.  Someone just had an extreme case of "maze-road-rage" on me!   I just got accused of "copying" someones route in the maze.    :hmmmm:   Um really?? ... you mean the same ROUTE that everyone in the kingdom is taking, to cut-down on "walk time"??  You mean that same one??  That apparently only this one single person in the kingdom has a virtual patent on.  good grief.   :uhuh2:    yup ignored

Copier! Cheater!  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: Poor Astro, this did make me laugh. It reminded me of the VMK days when someone used gold in the pirate game and kids would cry. "Cheap!". Umm, hello, they wouldn't have created gold if it wasn't meant to be used!  :pcannon:

I am also sad about the use of fairy dazzle being disabled. I liked the time savings of being able to walk straight through the maze. I haven't mazed a lot recently, but the few times I did go through, there was almost always someone parked at the end spending a lot of time and energy calling out "cheaters" in the maze and crying out about how they were reporting all of us, etc. Just seemed like a waste of valuable time and energy to me. I guess it's just me, but I'd rather use the moments in my life doing other things besides standing in a virtual maze policing other players.

The only good thing is, for some who experienced huge problems with large fairies in the maze, they can now maze without DCing.

Oh, and I actually like the ribbons on the hay bales. I know they would have no real use on a farm, but I like them. Of course, I was always the girl who would drive past the farms on the way back to OSU and tell my dad, "I'd love to live in a farmhouse like that, if it wasn't for all of that 'farm junk' everywhere.". To which he would reply, "Without all of that 'farm junk' it wouldn't be a 'farmhouse'.".  :lolg:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up