VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/7 New maze prizes announced  (Read 7020 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
11/7 New maze prizes announced
« on: November 07, 2010, 05:27 PM »

"The corn mazes, both on the map and behind the Victorian Mansion, have new awards!
Enjoy the mazes, and be a-mazed!"

ETA:  Maze pics and prizes

House Maze:

Map Maze:

House Maze awarding Red Ribbon Hay Bales:  sizes 1x2, 2x1  &  Hay Stack (special maze prize)

2x1, 1x2  Hay Bales w/ Red Ribbon

Hay Stack (House Maze special maze prize)

Map Maze awarding Country Fences:  sizes 2x2, 3x2  &  Country Fence Gate (special maze prize)

Country Fence 2x2, 3x2

Country Fence Gate (Map Maze special maze prize)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:33 PM by Astro »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 11/7 New maze prizes announced
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 05:43 PM »

sheesh already?!

Okay, not a big deal -- just hay bales with ribbons on them - rofl   :rofl1:

other maze is fence pieces.

adding pics to first post.   ;)
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 05:55 PM »

ROFL.  Whee!  Thanks Astro :)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 07:34 PM »

With bales of hay in one maze, and the other maze having fencing.. could this be leading to the prize of a horse?  (or maybe cows?) LOL
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 09:48 PM »

With bales of hay in one maze, and the other maze having fencing.. could this be leading to the prize of a horse?  (or maybe cows?) LOL

Just what I need.  Another mouth to feed.  :P

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 10:10 PM »

Will someone explain to me the ribbons on the hay bales?   :hmm:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 10:30 PM »

Wish I knew.  We're surrounded by hay and hay bales here.  Never seen any ribbons on any hay...  :??:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 03:31 AM »

Drat I was hoping for more of the Hanging Cloths, I guess I wouldn't mind it so much if the prize wasn't MORE HAY.  I got hay coming out of the wazoo now and I haven't even done this maze yet.  :lolp:  Nice fence pieces though that is if you get the gate to go with it.  Well, maybe not, but would have to see them in a room without the gate first.

LOL, got to feed all those sheep something.  :)

Gift wrapped and ready for Christmas?  VFK animals now get presents too.  :lolg:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 05:10 AM »

:rofl1:  :roflmao:

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 05:48 AM »

Yep, trying to figure that one out too!  I wished all last year when we had hay that we could at least sit on them....and was so hoping that maybe maybe since we were getting hay again, and that since they made the Raggedy Andy Scarecrow that you could sit with...

But alas, they have not heard the pleas of a poor .it,  we cannot sit on these "prettified" hay bales.

I will be concentrating more on the fence maze myself, as this seems to be more practical for building; I will throw some hay INTO the area I shall build with the fence pieces.

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 07:41 AM »

FYI:  In case you didn't figure it out yet, VFK disabled the use of fairy or wolf magic in the mazes now.  So we actually have to walk them.   :'(

Not liking VFK within the last few days.    :ls:      2 Host Events that were impossible to win, and now mazes that we can't fly through.  ugh.   boo VFK boo.  I hope this isn't how the rest of the month goes.

I think I go farm -- at least THAT gives me rewards for my time.  Geepers.  

Flamanette

a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 07:44 AM »

FYI:  In case you didn't figure it out yet, VFK disabled the use of fairy or wolf magic in the mazes now.  So we actually have to walk them.   :'(

Not liking VFK within the last few days.    :ls:      2 Host Events that were impossible to win, and now mazes that we can't fly through.  ugh.   boo VFK boo.  I hope this isn't how the rest of the month goes.

I think I go farm -- at least THAT gives me rewards for my time.  Geepers.  

Methinks this is the result of ppl crying "cheat" to those who used the tiny fairy to fly down the edge of the maze, thereby being able to make many maze runs in short amount of time.

While part of me agrees that this is a "cheat", the other part of me is     :bm:   because VFK is becoming so much work, that to have this little short cut was really really nice....

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 07:48 AM »

Methinks this is the result of ppl crying "cheat" to those who used the tiny fairy to fly down the edge of the maze, thereby being able to make many maze runs in short amount of time.

While part of me agrees that this is a "cheat", the other part of me is     :bm:   because VFK is becoming so much work, that to have this little short cut was really really nice....

Totally 100% agree.  There is always someone crying and ruining it for everyone.  Yes, if might be considered a "cheat" ... but really -- how long did VFK allow it?!  LONG TIME.  And it's not really a cheat -- you still have to do a portion of the maze to get the reward.

VFK is so much work lately, it's was nice to enjoy doing maze runs with fairy magic.  oh well

Although ... there is some guy in there as a tiny fairy -- refuses of course to answer anyone on how he got in there like that in the first place.  Figures   :hmm:

Flamanette

a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 08:31 AM »

Totally 100% agree.  There is always someone crying and ruining it for everyone.  Yes, if might be considered a "cheat" ... but really -- how long did VFK allow it?!  LONG TIME.  And it's not really a cheat -- you still have to do a portion of the maze to get the reward.

VFK is so much work lately, it's was nice to enjoy doing maze runs with fairy magic.  oh well

Although ... there is some guy in there as a tiny fairy -- refuses of course to answer anyone on how he got in there like that in the first place.  Figures   :hmm:

Try "following" instead of walking in?  That might still work? It's amazing how ppl won't share things once they know; I really don't get it.  Is it that important to be the ONLY one who knows something   :??: 

That's what I like about THIS place: we don't BS, if we find something that works, we share ( :hisign:)

.it

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 09:24 AM »

Try "following" instead of walking in?  That might still work?

I did, doesn't work.  Tried a few times.  :(

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 12:55 PM »

Personally, I think this....stinks.  What Astro said.  Always someone whining about this or that.  Probably 99% of people running the mazes used the SHORTCUT!  A few people close to staff with big mouths ruined it for the rest of us, I'm sure.  It's not a cheat.  Staff have known about shortcuts in the mazes probably since the first one opened.  They watch the maze.  I've even seen Age standing in the mazes talking to people at times!  I'm sure they're flooded with reports...from the minority who don't use the shortcut...everytime the minority see someone using what they like to call a 'cheat'.  Why in the world would VFK allow a 'cheat' for WELL over 2 years now?!!  I mean...really.  :hmm:  So instead of fixing the 'cheat' by fixing the maze....they take the easy route and just disable fairy for everyone in the maze?!  I'm stupified...  :td:  If people seeing others taking a shortcut...what's stopping them from doing the same thing?  :hmm:

There are also people who complained about fairy lag in the mazes.  Frankly, I'm running an almost 3 year old, entry-level laptop while playing VFK...and I can run 4 people at once in the mazes with NO PROBLEM!  If there are big fairies in there (in quantities of like 3-4), it does give me problems.  In which case, I just go back later.  Seriously, people complaining about lag are ruining the game for those of us who don't have the problem...and would like to run through the maze with a fairy...which took us a week to earn!  Heck, I'd like to run through Splashtastic with fairy!  Why not use the fastest means of transportation to get something accomplished?  Why do we have to suffer because other people don't have a computer that's less than 20 years old, and are constantly complaining about lag?!  Yeah, I feel bad for those people because they might not have enough money to buy a new computer...but why should the majority have to pay for it?  We have to have things taken away from us or have things 'dumbed down' so that there's less lag?  It really gets to me at times.  This time is one of those times, too.  :bm:

I got a newsflash for everyone.  Lag happens online.  Doesn't matter if it's here or another game.  It's a fact of life.  Either the computer is too slow or the connection is too slow...or someone has like 50 other programs open at the same time.  Another fact of life is:  LAG WILL ONLY INCREASE!!!  There is NO way for a company to advance a game and make it look pretty and 'up-to-date' without adding more...sometimes MUCH more...lag!!  Heck, I've seen Hero playing Wii games that have 'lag'!!  The game slows up for a few seconds because so much is happening on screen.  It's everywhere, and there are many reasons for it.  Get used to it.  If you have bad lag now, this is just the beginning.  Don't mean to sound harsh...but I do want to give people a reality check.  Please do not insist that VFK 'disable this' or 'decrease that'.  It only takes away fun from the rest of us.

The exception to this train of thought...for me...is 'competition games' or 'timed games'.  There are games they are running now that most times can only be won by the person with the fastest computer/connection.  We've tested this time and again.  There's no way for me to win these games using my laptop.  Even though we have a very fast connection (we just more than doubled our internet speed), my computer is starting to show its age.  .It and Hero have no problem winning on their computers because they're much more powerful than mine.  I think VFK should consider less competition-type games and focus more on games that don't rely on the principle of 'the first person to the finish line wins'.

@Astro:  you said "Although ... there is some guy in there as a tiny fairy -- refuses of course to answer anyone on how he got in there like that in the first place.  Figures"

Probably just another of those 'VFK favorites'.  They do still exist.  And unfortunately, they're growing in numbers.  I have a pretty good idea who that person is (there are a few people who leave their mains in the mazes almost 24/7...I swear, some people in game never sleep). 

The above is my 2 cents.  I have sympathy for those with slow computers/connections.  However, this is only going to get worse.  And by having VFK take away things from the many players with up-to-date computers/connections, VFK will lose players.  There's no way VFK can add new 'whiz-bang'/'flashy' things without making the game more 'resource intensive'.  If they stop updating the game, it will start to look aged...it will become MUCH less competitive with what is 'out there'...and they will close their doors.  End of rant.

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 01:09 PM »

Try "following" instead of walking in?  That might still work?
I did, doesn't work.  Tried a few times.  :(

I tried this a while back ago and it never worked for me either.  All it did was bring me to the front of the maze and I could just do that by walking there.

FYI:  In case you didn't figure it out yet, VFK disabled the use of fairy or wolf magic in the mazes now.  So we actually have to walk them.   :'(

I didn't know this, thanks for the info Astro!

I didn't really care if someone "cheated" or not and I never reported it, but the only thing I HATED about the maze was people using Big Fairy and if you asked them to take it off beforehand they gave you the tude (attitude).  Plus they would just sit and wait at the bottom of the maze until next go round as the big fairy and I would lag so badly.  The wolf was sometimes bad for me as well, but fairy was horrible.

If they had fairy on and I froze up bad I just waited it out and continued on, but the cheating thing never got to me cause I always said to myself that I will get there when I get there and I was freezing so bad that many people passed me anyway.  LOL!

I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 01:18 PM »

I didn't really care if someone "cheated" or not and I never reported it, but the only thing I HATED about the maze was people using Big Fairy and if you asked them to take it off beforehand they gave you the tude (attitude).  Plus they would just sit and wait at the bottom of the maze until next go round as the big fairy and I would lag so badly.  The wolf was sometimes bad for me as well, but fairy was horrible.

If they had fairy on and I froze up bad I just waited it out and continued on, but the cheating thing never got to me cause I always said to myself that I will get there when I get there and I was freezing so bad that many people passed me anyway.  LOL!

Yeah, I had a beef with people who used big fairy.  Small fairy did away with the lag.  You still had the people running big fairies, though.  And like you said...some would cop an attitude if you asked them not to run the maze with big fairy.  Worse...like you said...some people used big fairies as 'anchors' in the maze.  That was BIGTIME uncool.  :uhuh:

Then again, there are those nefarious people who will do something like that KNOWING that it will make it more difficult for people to do the mazes.  Just like those same people will use big fairy or even lots of magic in a room during a host hunt in order to try to force others to either lag or DC...ensuring a win for themselves.  No, I'm not making it up, either.  :uhuh2:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 01:20 PM by flamanar »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 01:34 PM »

A few people close to staff with big mouths ruined it for the rest of us, I'm sure.  

If people seeing others taking a shortcut...what's stopping them from doing the same thing?  :hmm:

@Astro:  you said "Although ... there is some guy in there as a tiny fairy -- refuses of course to answer anyone on how he got in there like that in the first place.  Figures"

Probably just another of those 'VFK favorites'.  They do still exist.  And unfortunately, they're growing in numbers.  I have a pretty good idea who that person is (there are a few people who leave their mains in the mazes almost 24/7...I swear, some people in game never sleep).  

Yup Flame.  I won't quote your WHOLE post, because... it's long!   ;)

But anyway .. Yes, I agree.  ^^^

You want to know why these people didn't use fairy to get through the maze?  Most likely because they were too darn lazy to complete the quests on their clones, and are now ticked off at the rest of the kingdom getting through the mazes the easy way.   :)   Not my problem.

I ONLY use fairy dazzle - tiny fairy.  I don't go in these mazes as a huge fairy.  I get in, get out, get on with life.

Yeah, no idea who the guy was with tiny fairy on in the maze, not answering ANYONE, because we all were asking -- HOW?  He wasn't afk, cause he did move!     :uhuh2:

Try "following" instead of walking in?  That might still work?
I did, doesn't work.  Tried a few times.  :(

I tried this a while back ago and it never worked for me either.  All it did was bring me to the front of the maze and I could just do that by walking there.

I'm sure we all used fairy dazzle (I did anyway - not big fairy), because that was the only way to cut through the maze before.  If you were a big fairy or a wolf - I'm pretty sure you would get stuck.  

Don't get confused here.  We were talking about still trying to keep fairy dazzle magic on, once entering the mazes.  If you have it on before entering the maze -- once you enter, it's automatically turned off.  Whether you go into the mazes from the map, or follow a clone or friend.  

.It suggested to follow a clone or friend, to see if that would keep the magic going.  I tried that - it still didn't work.  Magic came off upon entering maze automatically.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 01:36 PM by Astro »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 01:50 PM »

Yup Flame.  I won't quote your WHOLE post, because... it's long!   ;)

ROFL  It's been a long time since I made a LONG post!  Now was a good time ;)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 03:41 PM »

Boy, I do miss using tiny fairy to cheat and cut across the maze!  That part I did. 

So, now the fairy(big & little I presume) shuts off when you enter the maze - if you fly there or follow someone it's gone when you enter.  Somewhat  :bm: because I can't skip through that maze now and somewhat  :2thunbs:  because I won't get attacked by others with big fairy in the maze.

At least we can all agree on one thing:  NOW it is equal treatment for all persons entering the maze. This will show no favoritism towards players with one type of magic over another, etc.
          1 - There will be no lag caused by some others entering with big fairy.
          2 - Everyone will have to walk the maze instead of using "autopilot" through those maze walls. 

I kinda like those hay bales tied up with pretty red bows - gonna suggest that to some farmer friends and see what their thoughts are  :doh: :crazy:  They could probably charge more money per bale if they "prettied" them up  :lolg:  Wonder what type of building can be done with these - I'm sure there are some who will come up with something good.

The fence are kinda nice too; but boy that gate is difficult to get!  I'll just have to keep trying!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 05:55 PM »

Amen Fun!   :hug:

Just a silly little thing, hope you all laugh as much as I did   .... I think people are extemely irate over this whole fairy thing, not being able to be used in the mazes.  Someone just had an extreme case of "maze-road-rage" on me!   I just got accused of "copying" someones route in the maze.    :hmmmm:   Um really?? ... you mean the same ROUTE that everyone in the kingdom is taking, to cut-down on "walk time"??  You mean that same one??  That apparently only this one single person in the kingdom has a virtual patent on.  good grief.   :uhuh2:    yup ignored

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 06:14 PM »

Ugh..it will always be something...ppl will never be totally happy. 

Copying route?   :rofl1:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 06:37 PM »

Someone just had an extreme case of "maze-road-rage" on me!   I just got accused of "copying" someones route in the maze.

Please tell me you're joking  :hmm:  That's so beyond pathetic.  There is only 1 solution to the maze.  So...you chose that 1 route and got ripped for it?  Weird.o alert...  :sos: :crazy2:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 06:52 PM »

Please tell me you're joking 

lol I'm not joking!   The crazies are out in full force!   :ls:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 07:20 PM »

Take no prisoners!  :pboom: :pcannon: :pguns:

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 07:00 AM »

I'm so going to look out the window tonight and see if there is a full moon!  :moon:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 08:50 AM »

Amen Fun!   :hug:

Just a silly little thing, hope you all laugh as much as I did   .... I think people are extemely irate over this whole fairy thing, not being able to be used in the mazes.  Someone just had an extreme case of "maze-road-rage" on me!   I just got accused of "copying" someones route in the maze.    :hmmmm:   Um really?? ... you mean the same ROUTE that everyone in the kingdom is taking, to cut-down on "walk time"??  You mean that same one??  That apparently only this one single person in the kingdom has a virtual patent on.  good grief.   :uhuh2:    yup ignored

Copier! Cheater!  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: Poor Astro, this did make me laugh. It reminded me of the VMK days when someone used gold in the pirate game and kids would cry. "Cheap!". Umm, hello, they wouldn't have created gold if it wasn't meant to be used!  :pcannon:

I am also sad about the use of fairy dazzle being disabled. I liked the time savings of being able to walk straight through the maze. I haven't mazed a lot recently, but the few times I did go through, there was almost always someone parked at the end spending a lot of time and energy calling out "cheaters" in the maze and crying out about how they were reporting all of us, etc. Just seemed like a waste of valuable time and energy to me. I guess it's just me, but I'd rather use the moments in my life doing other things besides standing in a virtual maze policing other players.

The only good thing is, for some who experienced huge problems with large fairies in the maze, they can now maze without DCing.

Oh, and I actually like the ribbons on the hay bales. I know they would have no real use on a farm, but I like them. Of course, I was always the girl who would drive past the farms on the way back to OSU and tell my dad, "I'd love to live in a farmhouse like that, if it wasn't for all of that 'farm junk' everywhere.". To which he would reply, "Without all of that 'farm junk' it wouldn't be a 'farmhouse'.".  :lolg:
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up