VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/21/2010 New Hades-Themed Items  (Read 7571 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
10/21/2010 New Hades-Themed Items
« on: October 20, 2010, 09:02 PM »

New Hades-Themed Items

October 21, 2010 5:00 PM

Greetings, citizens.  Isn't Halloween just such a lot of fun?  I hope you've been enjoying Frankenstein's Pumpkin Hunt mission and the new Halloween space as much as I have. One thing I know, many of you have been asking about some of the very scary items used in the Pumpkin Hunt mission. Well, I have some very exciting news, citizens. New Hades-themed items are now available in Dungeon of Deals!

To celebrate this great news, we're hosting a new competition.  Design the best Halloween Space and you could win Gold, and have your brilliant space Featured!

New Items!

There are eight amazing new items available.  You've seen some already (such as the amazing Demon Chest in the Halloween mission), and some of the items are brand-new.  Here they are in all their spookiness.

There's the Demon Chest, the Vortex Portal, the Brazier, a Burned Tree and a Stone Barricade.  And of course, there's the Wooden Gate, Wall, and Wall Corner too.

These new items will certainly make Halloween extra special.  I simply can't wait to see the scary Halloween spaces you'll be able to create with them!

Best Halloween Space Competition

With all the spooky Halloween items now available, what could be more fun than designing your own scary space?  It could be a haunted house, a demon island, an evil school... whatever your imagination can dream up.

The Rules

* Submit the space URL and up to 6 pictures to the official Halloween Space Competition forum thread.
    * Feel free to describe your space, the interactions you used, etc, to give the judges more of a feel for what you've done.
    * We'll choose one overall winner, and two runners up.
    * Enter before midnight on October 31st -  that's when the competition closes.
    * The space judged Best Halloween Space will win 5000 Gold and as well as getting their space featured. The two runners up will each receive 3000 Gold.

Have Fun!

I just know you'll have an awful lot of fun creating your Halloween spaces. And we'll have almost as much fun judging them for the competition.

Happy Halloween, citizens!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:25 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 10/21/2010 New Hades-Themed Items
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 09:26 PM »

This stuff is awesome!  Mitch was in the store. 
Some items are available in both gold and tokens.

BitBehindWench

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 10:13 PM »

Oh good! I like in tokens! LOL

Thanks for the updates :)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 10:58 PM »

WOW!  All I can say is WOW!  Thanks Happy for letting us know we can buy this stuff now!  Unfortunately, there's a seriously empty feeling in my wallet since I stocked up...  :sur:  LOL.  Goodness....I GOTTA DO SOME SERIOUS MISSIONS!  :waveb:

Looking at the prices, though...I think the prices are SERIOUSLY awesome compared to other items I've seen for sale.  Rather on the 'cheap' side for me...which I always like ;)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 03:26 PM »

So nice the "demon chest" is in stores and not in a $ package! 

As always, the detail on the items is remarkable. 

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 04:12 PM »

So nice the "demon chest" is in stores and not in a $ package! 

As always, the detail on the items is remarkable. 

Very true.  I just opened the chest a little while ago.  Awesome!  Love the brazier, too!

I do want to get a couple more of those wild portals...but I'm waiting till my gold account is off life support...  :heat:

Did you say they confirmed that the items in Dungeon of Deals are permanent, and not going away after Halloween?  It would be awesome if I could get a couple more of those portals in a few weeks...

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 03:47 PM »

I believe the Halloween blog clearly denotes a few items as seasonal. (skeleton paths, brains-food, the dead plant in a pot, and ???? were the others?  Seasonal items will surely disappear.

The screen shot details a conversation regarding the Hades-Theme items.  
I just posted the screenie of what I was said.

In my eyes there are 2 groups of items.  Halloween and Hades.  However, my eyes are not always 100% accurate.   So, I advise you to interpret it yourself.

Should they do get pulled....I don't want to hear "Happy said..."

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 03:53 PM by Happy »

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 03:54 PM »

Yeah, I think you're right.  I'm going to err on the side of caution and just buy 2 more portals now.  Either way, I pay gold...whether it's now or later.  LOL.  Thanks, Happy :)

I believe the Halloween blog clearly denotes a few items as seasonal. (skeleton paths, brains-food, the dead plant in a pot, and ???? were the others? 

The screen shot details a conversation regarding the Hades-Theme items.  
I just posted the screenie of what I was said.

In my eyes there are 2 groups of items.  Halloween and Hades.  However, my eyes are not always 100% accurate.   So, I advise you to interpret it yourself. I do expect anything marked or mentioned as seasonal to disappear.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 07:01 PM »

In the past for seasonal items, SW has given players notice before pulling items from the shelves. 
Most recently, SW has posted a note in red on the spin to win wheel---kind of the the way they announce planned down time. 

As for packages, check for info in the Chronicle stories. Also, I heard at times if you go in to the package, as if you were going to buy--to see more details---you may find an end date. I really haven't checked. 

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 08:13 PM »

Thanks Happy.  I have noticed that they COMMUNICATE with their players very well.  Regardless, I picked up a couple more portals.  And another chest.  And another few things that I can't remember now.   :rofl1:   :sur:  The portals didn't say 'seasonal', so they'll probably stay around...but I got them now :)  Love them!

In the past for seasonal items, SW has given players notice before pulling items from the shelves. 
Most recently, SW has posted a note in red on the spin to win wheel---kind of the the way they announce planned down time. 

As for packages, check for info in the Chronicle stories. Also, I heard at times if you go in to the package, as if you were going to buy--to see more details---you may find an end date. I really haven't checked. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up