VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/10 From the VFK Homepage  (Read 4110 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
10/10 From the VFK Homepage
« on: October 10, 2010, 07:07 PM »

From the VFK Homepage:

:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 10/10 From the VFK Homepage
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 08:44 PM »

Drained 2 perfectly good clones on this stuff tonight   :sur:

Some cool stuff in there, some awesome stuff in there and some 'eh' stuff in there.  Thanks, Astro :)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 08:54 PM »

Thanks Astro!  :bighug:

VFK really did a good job on this stuff!

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 10:54 PM »

Thanks Astro!  :bighug:

VFK really did a good job on this stuff!

Agreed 100% Fun! I think some of these new items and rides are incredible. I also really like the fact that they brought the rides back from last year - nice for anyone who missed out on those fun items.

I am really excited to get some items and get some building going. Hmmm, maybe we could set up a "lava" teleporter from our original Halloween Town room to the new lava room or something. maybe I could give out door porters and we could connect some more Halloween rooms? We have a double doctor appointment tomorrow, but maybe by tomorrow evening I'll start a thread to see if anyone is interested... :hmmmm:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 10:10 AM »

I am so loving the new stuff!!! My only "complaint":  I really want to the ride carts to be available just as regular furnish!  And I want the ride teleporters to function as regular teleporters.

OK, that was 2 complaints....sorry.   :rofl1:

Good thing there's a mini quest today so my wallet can recover, some!

No, really I do love love love these items!     :clap1:  As I moved from store to store looking at things, I kept going "wow!" and "OMG, look at that", and "FLAME!!  Did you see ______".  Three of us were on computers last night looking and buying and looking and buying....it was fun.

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 11:00 AM »

I like that some of the new ride pieces can also be used as standalone props.  Not sure we need a whole new batch of 20 different kinds of pumpkins...

Not sure why they differentiate as 'second release' some of the re-released ride pieces.  Does that mean they won't work with last years pieces?  Seems like overkill to mention them as second releases.  Maybe I just don't get why they bothered to say it.  LOL.

Wish the green pumpkins were shiny and glowing (they are in the members section, so I expect more from that kind of item).  Still, we got green pumpkins...which alot of people have been waiting for :)

Love the candles and scrolls.  Lots of potential for these new items.  Should be fun to see what people do with them ;)

ETA:  Everyone remember to say 'ride on' and 'ride off' while building with the new rides to make placement easier ;)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:04 AM by flamanar »

Tigerbella

• Or maybe I just watched too much tv as a kid...
    I love LAG.. I build for it
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 12:32 PM »

I like that some of the new ride pieces can also be used as standalone props.  Not sure we need a whole new batch of 20 different kinds of pumpkins...

Not sure why they differentiate as 'second release' some of the re-released ride pieces.  Does that mean they won't work with last years pieces?  Seems like overkill to mention them as second releases.  Maybe I just don't get why they bothered to say it.  LOL.

Wish the green pumpkins were shiny and glowing (they are in the members section, so I expect more from that kind of item).  Still, we got green pumpkins...which alot of people have been waiting for :)

Love the candles and scrolls.  Lots of potential for these new items.  Should be fun to see what people do with them ;)

ETA:  Everyone remember to say 'ride on' and 'ride off' while building with the new rides to make placement easier ;)

Speaking of the ride on and ride off thing, just how does Ormondedude get his ride pieces to stay up in the air on some of his rides?  I've tried a couple of things, but those dratted things won't stay up there.  So what am I missing? lol  And, how does the ride on/ride off thing work?  I thought the dedicated (or whatever you call it) button was supposed to make putting the pieces together easier?

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 02:12 PM »

With some rides, if you say 'Ride off' (I think) it will make the pieces turn into arrows.  When yer done building, say 'Ride on', and the pieces go back to normal.  I could have that bass ackwards, but it works one of those ways ;)  Makes building some rides WAY easier!

To make ride pieces 'float', just put a piece of track below it, then put the piece you want to 'float' on top.  Voila!  ;)  Have fun :)

Speaking of the ride on and ride off thing, just how does Ormondedude get his ride pieces to stay up in the air on some of his rides?  I've tried a couple of things, but those dratted things won't stay up there.  So what am I missing? lol  And, how does the ride on/ride off thing work?  I thought the dedicated (or whatever you call it) button was supposed to make putting the pieces together easier?

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 02:14 PM »

Tiger,
 Not sure how Dude does those to stay in the air - I had heard once long ago but wasn't what I was going to attempt so it didn't stay with my brain thoughts.  :P  (edit: while i was typing here, flame posted how dude does this)....  :thumb:

The "ride on" & "ride off" sayings show you the ride pieces with an arrow as to which direction it is going if I remember correctly.  The dedicated or "grid" mode of building does make it easier to fit the pieces together for me - but the "ride off saying shows me which direction the ride is going.

Flame, not sure why we need 20 different kinds of pumpkins unless I want a really big pumpkin patch!  :lolg:

As to 2nd release for the rides, I did not check them to see - but I'm guessing they still work with last years.  Guessing they put them as 2nd Release so people buying items in a frenzy wouldn't get upset that they bought them thinking they were new.  I mean what if you had like 3 rooms full of last years ride pieces and then found out you just bought more because VFK didn't tell you....  :rofl1:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 05:42 PM »

I used this method for storing a lot of extra water ride pieces.  The pieces just 'float' when positioned in the same space as another ride piece.  So I had 3 tiers of pieces.

To make ride pieces 'float', just put a piece of track below it, then put the piece you want to 'float' on top.  Voila!  ;)  Have fun :)

Speaking of the ride on and ride off thing, just how does Ormondedude get his ride pieces to stay up in the air on some of his rides?  I've tried a couple of things, but those dratted things won't stay up there.  So what am I missing? lol 
[/quote]

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 05:55 PM »

Hero just corrected me.  For the Spider ride, it's 'Spider on' and 'Spider off'.  My bad.  ROFL.  :notme:

Duck.i:  very cool.  I usually store them inside each other if I have aLOT.  I did the 3 tier thing on one of my rides, though.  Looks kewl ;)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 06:34 PM by flamanar »

Flamanette

• Runs and locks herself in
    a room in order to build
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 06:41 AM »

Hero just corrected me.  For the Spider ride, it's 'Spider on' and 'Spider off'.  My bad.  ROFL.  :notme:

Duck.i:  very cool.  I usually store them inside each other if I have aLOT.  I did the 3 tier thing on one of my rides, though.  Looks kewl ;)

Ahem....and Hero got is information from?    :hisign:

.it

Mean people are like sandpaper. They may scratch you and hurt you, but in the end you come out smooth and polished and the mean person is just worn and ugly.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 07:20 AM »

.it

:lolg:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 08:50 AM »

.it

You go girl!  LOL!  Wait, put that Fire Extinguisher away!  Oh no, poor flame.

Hehe, high fives .It.  :lol:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 10:45 AM »

:hmm:

.it
Pages: [1]   Go Up