VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/5/2010 Dan's Birthday: Best Party Room and Outfit Winners!  (Read 7746 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room

Dan's Birthday: Best Party Room and Outfit Winners!
October 5, 2010 12:35 PM

There was fierce competition for these two contests - and no wonder.  Access to Dan SmallWorlds private party is special prize to win!  The Mission Commission are carrying out final deliberations after having received Dan's top choices and the winners of the Best Dan SmallWorlds Birthday Mission will be announced in a couple of days.

Dan has really enjoyed going through all the entries you've submitted and he'd like to pass on his sincere thanks to you all.  After sweating it out making his final decisions, he is extra excited about his birthday now that he's got a fantastic venue to party in, and a really cool outfit to wear!

Two More Invitations to Win on Twitter and Facebook!

Dan's private function starts at 5.30pm (SWT) on the 10th of October. The Public party starts right after at 6.00pm (SWT).

There are two more invitations to Dan's private party to be won through Facebook and Twitter - so if you want a chance to attend, make sure you keep an eye on them both!

Best Party Outfit - Dan gets a new cool look!

Thanks to Awsome Girl, Dan gets to live out all his Elvis fantasies! She's put together the following items: Black cowboy boots, White long trousers, Yellow cowboy belt, White business shirt and topped the look off with a Red neck wrap.

Dan just loved this outfit and in fact was last seen rushing off to Smallwear to pick up the items he needs to put it all together. I saw him stop by Coco's office to let her know that he'd no longer need any more style advice from her - he's got enough ideas from your entries to last him for years of great parties!

Congratulations again to Awsome Girl for her great entry - she wins 3000 Gold and an invite to Dan's private party!

Best Party Space Winner: Melly Moonbeam!

The winner of the Best Party Room Competition is Melly Moonbeam!  Melly has created something really out of this world with her Moonbeam Planet Nightclub. If you'd like a closer look at her entry, you can check it out here..

Moonbeam Planet Nightclub will be open to the public after Dan's party, so you will get a chance to visit the space in-world.

Melly describes her room in detail, so I thought why reinvent the wheel - over to you Melly!

"Your VIP Pass is waiting for you at reception, pick it up (very important!) and head on down the interactive illuminated red carpet! The alien media will be there in force, please wait to take your turn on each glass platform and follow the prompts from the party director to ensure a smooth lag free time."

"Help yourself to champagne and chocolates as you arrive into the main part of the club and make your way to the birthday party table area, mingle, chat, check out the fun messages on Dan's Birthday presents and have a seat."

"Please make sure you have your cheer, smile, whistle, clap, love wand or potion and a dance emote handy on your actions bar for Dan's birthday cake event. Raise your glass of champagne, have a slice of birthday cake and pop a party popper in honour of the main man!"

"When Dan is ready to party there is a specially created custom dance floor controlled by a big party switch - it's just waiting for Dan to HIT IT! Then it's time to show off your birthday party moves - can you cut it as well as Dan? Fireworks and sparklers are set up at the top of the dance floor ready for you to set off to make sure the night goes with a BANG!"

"After you have all danced up a steam and need to cool off you can take 'one giant leap' out into the Rock & Ice bar where you can sample some of Dan's Blue Gold champagne and check out some of his digital birthday cards!"

Dan says "thanks Melly for creating a totally awesome space for my birthday party private function! I'm feeling really excited and looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the part-goers!"

Runners Up: Granny Gorgeous & Ranch Dressing!

Dan chose these two spaces as runners-up, and if you take a look you'll see why!  Ranch and Granny will both receive 2000 Gold as well as an invitation to Dan's private birthday party. Here are their great entries. If you'd like to see the shots they included with their entries, you can see them both here.

Granny Gorgeous

__
Ranch Dressing

Again, Dan wants to say  a big thanks to you both for your great spaces - and he's looking forward to hanging out with you on the 10th of October!

Congratulations to all winners - Dan's birthday is going to be a lots of fun and we're hoping to see you all there! Remember, we'll update this story with the public party URL, and you'll also find it in featured spaces. See you there!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 04:44 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 10/5/2010 Dan's Birthday: Best Party Room and Outfit Winners!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 04:40 PM »

Congrats to the winners. 
Former VMK player Ranch Dressing earned a runner up in the room contest. 

BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 07:17 PM »

Reminder----This is Sunday. 

Dan's private function starts at 5.30pm (SWT) on the 10th of October. The Public party starts right after at 6.00pm (SWT).

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 04:00 PM »

DOH!  Thanks for the reminder, Happy!  I almost forgot @_@

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 05:07 PM »

I was fortunate to receive the priceless gift of an invite to the private party from someone.  Here are a few pics. Both Kent and Coco attended.

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 05:15 PM »

Wow!  Congrats, Happy!  Looks like you guys had a great time!

I was an hour late to the public party (real life does that sometimes  :notme: ), so I didn't get to see anyone.  Did hang with a few friends for a short bit, though...so it was still fun :)

Hope they have a halloween ball or something.

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 08:42 PM »

Check Twitter, the man is still going around.  There may be time to catch him.

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 08:47 PM »

Check Twitter, the man is still going around.  There may be time to catch him.

LOL Thanks, Happy!  I got him by watching Twitter about an hour ago!  I'll post pics later ;)  Love that Twitter  :2thunbs:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 10:48 PM »

Here's a pic from tonight.  Rough time taking a clear pic because everyone was all over him.  lol.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 02:41 PM »

I gotta say that I'm very impressed with how it went last night.  Watching Twitter, Dan came back on one or 2 times MORE to try to meet more people!  He even posted at one point which instance he was in, and that it wasn't crowded!  I thought that was so cool that he came back on a few more times to try to give people more chances to meet him in game :)  He posted the following around 1:30 am EST:

"Didn't even get to max capacity :P No one's keeping an eye on me here! What mischief should I get up to?"

LOL.

Around 12:30 am EST, he posted the following:  "I'm in Instance 15 if you want to join us? Only a couple of us, so minimal lag."

Around 12:30 am EST again:  "I just finished doing all the instances :O Let me finish checking my FB page, then I'll come visit :)"

Around 11:30 pm EST:  "Just took a little timeout - heading back into the party now"

Around 10:30 pm EST:  "I am! I'm hopping instances though. Very busy night :O"

I'm very impressed :)

I follow Twitter using their RSS feed.  This was an issue, because I use Google Chrome as my browser for SW...and there didn't seem to be an option for RSS feeds like there is in Firefox and IE.  However, I did come across a nice add-on that works really well for those who are using Chrome and are interested:

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/hcamnijgggppihioleoenjmlnakejdph

Enjoy ;)

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 04:12 PM »

Dan is going back in game!  About an hour ago, he posted this on Twitter (I was in the shower  :hmm: )

"Heading in for another dose of partying for anyone who missed me yesterday!"

UPDATE:  looks like I might have posted it too late.  I don't see his room on the list anymore. :(
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 04:16 PM by flamanar »
Pages: [1]   Go Up