VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/23/2010 Party with Dan SmallWorlds!  (Read 8385 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
9/23/2010 Party with Dan SmallWorlds!
« on: September 26, 2010, 03:52 PM »

Party with Dan SmallWorlds!

September 23, 2010 5:14 PM

This has been a hard story to keep under wraps, but I've got something special to tell you about. The 10th October is Dan SmallWorlds birthday!  To start the celebrations, he's slashed  prices in Dan's Imports - Dan's offering 50% off some items!

Dan's going to have a huge public party and he'd love to see you there!  He's also planning a very small private celebration, and this story has all the details on how you could win your name on the door to attend.

For more information, check out Dan's Facebook Fan page and SmallWorlds Twitter (Dan has started tweeting). We'll be giving away prizes on both Facebook and Twitter.

Come to Dan's Party!

Dan SmallWorlds birthday is on the 10th of October and he wants to spend it with you.  Dan's putting on a public party for everyone, starting at 6pm (SWT) October 10 and going for 24 hours.  He'll celebrate by hanging out with you, and he's got lots of cool spot prizes to give away. We'll update this story in a week with the URL of the Official Party Room.

He's also hosting a small private party for 9 lucky winners of the competitions detailed below.

Dan's Small Private Celebration

At 5.30pm (SWT) on October 10, Dan will gather in a Private Party Room with 9 winning citizens to hang out and party for half an hour before heading to the public party!

There are lots of ways you can win one of those 9 places.  We've got three competitions, as well as 2 places being given away on Twitter and Facebook - all details below.

A Red Carpet Event - complete with Paparazzi!

We'll be taking pictures at the private party, so we can run a special feature in the Chronicle to display all the shots of you with Dan.

What If I Can't Go?

If you win your name on the door, but can't attend the private function, you can give someone your prize, just by giving us 24 hours notice to change the name on the door.

Dan's Big Party!

After the private function has finished, Dan and his guests will head to the Official Birthday Party Space so Dan can celebrate with everyone. This story will be updated with the Official Party Space URL closer to the time, and it'll be posted on Facebook & Twitter.

50% off these great items in Dan's Imports

Dan says "Hey I thought I'd discount a few items in my store for you all!  Yeah even though my birthday is a few weeks away, I'm ready to start celebrating - It's gonna rock!"

He's taken 50% off the retail price of all the items pictured below - the sale is on for one week only, so grab them at these fantastically cheap prices while you can!

What's on Sale?  9 great items!  The Fast Draw game machine, Pink Arcade machine, Racing Arcade machine, Pool table, DJ stand, Modern Youtube media player, Laser Turret, Plasma Wall TV and the Space mural.

Competition 1:  Create A Mission

Design a short mission for Dan's birthday.  It can be whatever you like, just as long as it has something to do with Dan SmallWorlds... design a mission that you think Dan would love to play!  Dan will be joining the Mission Commission as guest judge.

The three best missions will be featured in the Official Dan SmallWorlds Party Room - we'll provide direct access to them from three 'Birthday Mission Doorways'.

* Enter in one of three Categories: 1 - Funniest Mission, 2 - Most Unusual/Creative,  3 - Best Use of Interactions. Please tell us which category you're entering.
    * Enter on the official competition forum thread. Please provide the space URL, and where the 'start mission' button is located.
    * Mission needs to be a maximum of 10 minutes long and needs a minimum of 10 plays (get your friends to play it!).
    * Competition closes midnight (SWT) 30th September
    * The winner in each of the three categories will receive 5,000 Gold.  They'll each win their names on the door at Dan's private party, and they'll have their mission linked to Dan's Official Party Room.

Competition 2: Design a Party Room

Would you like Dan's private birthday function to be held in your room? (Note: this space will not be used for the Official Birthday Party which will be open to everyone, it will only be used for the private function). Here's how to enter:

* Design the best party room you can!
    * Submit at least 3 but no more than 6 pictures to the official competition forum thread, along with the space URL.
    * Submit your entry by midnight (SWT) 30th September.
    * The winner will receive 5,000 Gold.  They'll also get to attend the private function, and they'll be acknowledged as the host of the exclusive private function which will be held 5.30 - 6.00pm (SWT), 11th October.
    * We'll choose two runners up who will also win their Names on the Door and 2,000 Gold each.
    * Space ownership of the winning space will be temporarily reassigned.

Competition 3: Design A Birthday Outfit for Dan 

What do you think Dan should wear to his birthday party? He's on the lookout for a really cool look and he'd like your help. Submit your outfit to the competition forum thread. Dan will select the one he likes best and wear it on the night!

* Take a screen shot of your suggested outfit, and please detail exactly which clothing items / colors you've used (male/unisex clothing items only).
    * Submit your entry to the official forum thread by midnight (SWT) 30th September.
    * The winner will get 3,000 Gold and an invitation to attend the private function.

How old Is Dan?

Ever wondered just how old Dan SmallWorlds is? Want to guess?  Dan says he'll reveal his age at his birthday party.
How old is Dan SmallWorlds?
20 Years old
23 years old
26 Years old
30 Years Old
Other:

VoteView Results
Share This
Quantcast

Connect with  Dan through Facebook and Twitter and Win

I'm sure you'll want to stay informed about Dan's Party plans... we've got three great ways to stay informed and give away two more invitations to Dan's private function.

Like us on Facebook - and be in to win with Facebook-only promotions.

Join the Dan SmallWorlds Facebook Fan Page

If you're a Dan SmallWorlds fan, you'll be excited to know that he's set up his very own Fan Page on Facebook! Like it today and you'll be given chances to win prizes and get to hear about Dan-related news before anyone else does.

Follow Dan on Twitter - and win prizes given away exclusively to Twitter followers.

Dan's taken over the SmallWorlds Twitter feed - so if you'd like to get regular tweets from Dan himself, make sure you follow the official SmallWorlds Twitter. You'll get updates on party plans, and get another chance to win access to Dan's private function.  The tweets will continue to deliver great in-world information.

Why not join them all?
Will you be one of the Lucky 9?

honesty-tiny.png

If you're entering any of three great competitions above, I wish you the very best of luck! Remember, absolutely everyone in SmallWorlds is invited to Dan's Official Birthday Party and it's going to be so much fun!  I hope you enjoy the 50% off sale in Dan's Imports, there's some great items to buy at such great prices.

And a final message from Dan himself: "Thanks everyone in advance for helping me to create a birthday to remember!"

~ Honesty Blaize
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 04:45 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 9/23/2010 Party with Dan SmallWorlds!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 04:49 PM »

The entry threads are sticky posts in this sub form at the SmallWorlds site: http://forum.smallworlds.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

This above forum link is a good place to check for contests from other SW Crew members and players.

I did enter the outfit competition.  I went with a humour:  http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=215608&page=3

And remember for these outfit contests---the "try on" button in SmallWear is your friend.  No need to purchase to take a quick pic of your avatar in an outfit.   :2thunbs:

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 07:13 PM »

Thanks Happy.  I gotta check out the contests sometime.

I already purchased too much at the 50% off sale.   :notme:

Thanks for the tip on outfits!  Way cool idea :)

I couldn't see the pic to the left of Dan in your post in the SW forum.  It's just a red 'x'.  A Flickr picture it looks like.  Great pic of Dan!

The entry threads are sticky posts in this sub form at the SmallWorlds site: http://forum.smallworlds.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

This above forum link is a good place to check for contests from other SW Crew members and players.

I did enter the outfit competition.  I went with a humour:  http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=215608&page=3

And remember for these outfit contests---the "try on" button in SmallWear is your friend.  No need to purchase to take a quick pic of your avatar in an outfit.   :2thunbs:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 08:36 PM »

Definately look at Coco's weekly contests.  There don't seem to be too many people entering in proportion to the # of players in the game.  I too need to make time to get in to SmallWear and create some oufits.  

hmm...I'll have to check my pic.  I went with his "normal look" explaining why mess w/ perfection.   :laugh2:
There should only be one pic there.

LOL

BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up