VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/17/2010 Best Masquerade Ballroom & Outfit Winners!  (Read 4505 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
9/17/2010 Best Masquerade Ballroom & Outfit Winners!
« on: September 17, 2010, 01:48 PM »

Best Masquerade Ballroom & Outfit Winners!
September 17, 2010 9:14 PM

Hello Darlings!

Since both of the competitions that closed yesterday were masquerade-themed, Kent and I decided to make an evening of it and judged the competitions together! We had a lovely meal together with a glass of bubbly and sat down to see what you'd all created. Really sweeties, what a fabulous way to spend an evening!

I found to my surprise that some of Kent's fashion sensibilities are a little closer to my own - who ever would have guessed that behind that conservative facade lies a budding virtualista! As the evening progressed, we began to ask the other for opinions - and so it has in fact turned into somewhat of a co-judging effort for both competitions sweeties!

I shall begin with the winner of the Best Masquerade Ballroom Competition. Now that the winning space has been chosen I really am feeling VERY excited indeed! Wait until you see it, it's simply luscious... it feels like one of the grandest events I have ever attended!

The Winning Ballroom - Created by Christine Knight!

Here we have it my dear stylish Ball attendees - Christine Knights Masquerade Ball Space is the winner!She receives 5000 Gold and her space will also remain on our featured spaces listing after the Ball has finished!

As soon as I saw the pictures that were submitted by Christine I had to reach into my handbag and get out my little fan...I felt such a flush of excitement! The thought of attending the Ball in just a few short days in this fabulous venue just fills me with delicious anticipation! Ooooooo!

If you'd like to see some more pictures of the Masquerade Ball space, please take a look at Christine's submitted entry - she has created something really, really special for us all... I just cannot wait!

Christine's creation of an open-air ballroom allows guests to frolic amongst the flowers as they dance the night away. For those who are not of the waltzing inclination, a hedge maze, gentleman's lounge and olde worlde bar provide sanctuary from the glamour of the grand ballroom.

The space will be locked until 7pm (SWT) on the 19th of September when the doors will be opened to everyone for a full 24 hours! Remember that SmallWorlds staff will be in attendance from 8pm (SWT) - you never know who you might bump into...and I hear that Kent will be giving away some spot prizes to add to all the gorgeous fun!
Highly Commended

Although we had to choose just one for the official Ballroom space itself, there were another 2 entries that we loved so very much that we felt they deserved a prize too! We've awarded two 3000 Gold prizes to these two citizens for their fantastic efforts - Bravo darlings!

Melly Moonbeam

Melly's use of indoor and outdoor aesthetics divide the ballroom into separate entertainment sections. Fancy a quiet chat, away from the exciting whirl of the dance floor? Sit at one of the tables outside, and enjoy the play of light on the flowers and plants. Click here to see the other lovely images from Melly's original entry.

Skye Bleu

Skye has created an whimsical environment. With plants growing out of the floors, she has brought the beauty of the outdoors to an interior space. Yet her red and gold color scheme gives a feeling of luxury and indulgence, emphasized by the red carpet inviting guests inside. You can see Skye's entry here.

Thanks Skye & Melly for your truly beautiful creations! Perhaps your spaces would make wonderful after-ball function locations!

Best Masquerade Outfits

I really was so very glad that I had dear Kent looking over my shoulder, offering his very keen style observations as I went through your fabulous entries. Honestly darlings, I am sure I'd still be there choosing if it were not for him... I am sure you know that in my heart of hearts you are all winners - [mwah]!

Here are my choices for Best male and Best Female Masquerade Costume. Each winner receives a prize of 2000 Gold each - congratulations darlings - I know you'll enjoy your little shopping spree (and don;t forget to visit Smallwear!).

Best Male Costume - Alex Ogc

Alex darling your outfit truly evoked a real 'Masquerade Party' energy!

The colors you chose set your mask off to perfection and I have no doubt that if this is the outfit you do wear to the Ball you will most definitely stand out!

I particularly liked the creative use of the board shorts and waistcoat - they look glorious!

Best Female Costume - Renee Ann

Renee, you have put together a really stylish ensemble here darling - it's modern, its snappy, it really caught the eye of Kent and I! We returned to it a number of times, and decided that "yes, that's the one!". We hope to meet you at the Ball, and we'll be looking for you in this fabulous outfit!
I shall see you all at the Masquerade Ball!

Just to remind you - after listening to feedback from the Community, we are opening the Masquerade Ball Space one hour earlier than planned; the doors will open to you all at 7pm (SWT) on Sunday the 19th of September. Various member of SmallWorlds staff will arrive at around 8pm (SWT) and at various times over the first few hours of the Ball so you never know who you might get to meet!

The Masquerade Ball space will be open for a whole 24 hours, so no matter where you live in the world you'll be able to experience some of the magic! Just pop into Mysterios sweeties - there's a fantastic range of masks to wear!

Well my darlings, it's Au Revoir from me... until the wonderful Masquerade Ball!

[mwah] to you ALL!

Coco x
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 05:45 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Re: 9/17/2010 Best Masquerade Ballroom & Outfit Winners!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 01:48 PM »

I always like when they add in a few extra winners. Sorry I have been slacking on uploading and posting the pics in blogs.   

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up