VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/13/2010 Rare Party Emote & Win 100K Gold!  (Read 8447 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
9/13/2010 Rare Party Emote & Win 100K Gold!
« on: September 13, 2010, 04:03 PM »

Rare Party Emote & Win 100K Gold!
September 13, 2010 10:19 AM

Hello citizens!

As so many of you know, spending time in SmallWorlds with your friends makes your playing experience a LOT more fun! There's so much to do here together; playing missions, PVP games, going shopping, challenging each other to tournaments - and so much more!

We don't call SmallWorlds "the best Social Entertainment Experience on the Web" for nothing, and because it's such a great place to be social, we love rewarding you for getting your friends to join us! We've come up with a special promotion which runs for two weeks: 13th - 27th September - and all you need to do is get people to join SmallWorlds!

Get 10 friends to join and get a Rare Party Emote!

Get 10 friends to join and we'll gift you this fantastic Rare Party Emote - it will never be sold in stores!

If those same friends join and get a further 10 friends to join, they'll get one too! It's one emote per account no matter how many you invite, but to earn it you need to get at least 10 to register.

One thing is for sure, this emote is the emote to have at any party. As soon as Dan SmallWorlds got wind of it, he rushed in for an early try out. His response? "make sure you get it while you can citizens, it's got a really cool sound effect that will really get you party mode! Hey I've heard about a party brewing in October... I'm not saying any more but all I can say is that it's really gonna rock!"

Getting 10 friends is easy, so don't miss out! All Rare Party emotes will be awarded at the end of the promotional period.

Get the most friends to join & Win 100,000 Gold!

Yes you read that right citizens! We've put aside two prizes of 100,000 Gold to be won by two very lucky citizens. We'll draw one at the end of the first week and one at the end of the second week of our promotional period 13th - 27th September.

The prizes will go to the two citizens who got the most people to join SmallWorlds at the end of each week; each will receive a massive prize of 100,000 Gold! Remember, in order to be counted toward your total, anyone who uses your link or answers your invite will need to successfully register with SmallWorlds.

We've made it really easy to share SmallWorlds!

We've got so many ways for you to share SmallWorlds with your friends.. and beyond! It should be really easy for you to get the Rare Party emote, and if you follow some of our suggestions below you might even win one of those 100,000 Gold prizes! Simply click on the "Share" icon at the bottom right of your screen when you're in-world as pictured below.

Three Ways to Share

When you click Share, you'll be taken to another screen which has three options available for you: 1 - Sharing direct through your Social Networks, 2 - Via our handy Link Share button, or 3 - via Email.

If you choose the Link Share option, you'll see there's lots of options to choose from: banners, badges or buttons.

If you look at the image below, you can see that when you make your selection, the code on the right hand side is automatically personalized with your avatar name. All your friends need to do is register with us using that link, and they will be added to your total!

A few ideas on where to post your Link!

If you are serious about winning one of those 100,000 Gold prizes, here's a few ideas for you. The more people who click on your link and then join SmallWorlds, the more chances you'll have to win.

There are so many ways you can get your link out there working for you; and remember, you don't need to limit it to just your friends!

Other Virtual World Forums and their Facebook & Myspace pages - ie: Habbo, Yoville, OurWorld, Gaia, Ameba Pico etc.

Social Games Fan/Application Pages: Farmville, Fronteirville, Pet Society, Nightclub city etc.

Yahoo Answers and other online forums: There are always lots of people online asking questions like "what is the best virtual game to play?". You could provide them with the answer in the form of your link!

Twitter: Tweet your link to your friends and followers.

Your personal Facebook / Myspace / Bebo / Hi5 Profile: Share your personalized link on your page and also on your friends pages.

Upload a SmallWorlds Photo to Facebook: Find a picture of you having fun in SmallWorlds; tag all your friends and include your personalized link share code in the photo description.

... and that's just for starters!

Perhaps you can even write a captivating comment to go with your link to better get people's attention!

Best Virtual World Ever!

No Download, Free to Play!

Come join me in SmallWorlds, best Virtual World on the web!

Enjoy your Party emote & best of luck for the 100k prizes!

When you look at all the ways you can share your link around, you'll see that getting your very own Rare Party emote is just as easy as pie!

I'd like to wish you all the very best of luck in winning one of the two 100,000 Gold prizes! It's going to be such fun seeing all the Party emotes in-world once this promotion ends on the 27th of September; and I have a feeling you'll be receiving more than a few party invites with all the new friends you'll have in SmallWorlds!

I am really curious about the October party that Dan mentioned; I shall simply have to go and investigate further.

~ Honesty Blaize
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 04:16 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
Re: 9/13/2010 Rare Party Emote & Win 100K Gold!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 04:04 PM »

Link to official policy on muling:
http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=7410

BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 03:59 PM »

First 100K Gold Winner Announced:

Congratulations Chris Davies - Winner of 100,000 Gold!
September 23, 2010 12:59 PM

The first winner in our Share SmallWorlds competition is Chris Davies. Chris has just won 100,000 Gold!  Unfortunately, because of the time difference, I didn't get a chance to meet up with Chris inworld, but I did manage to find out how he felt when he learned he'd won.

Don't forget that you've still got one more chance to win 100,000 Gold.  Invite now - it's easy, and it could score you a very big prize!

Kent: How does it feel to win that much Gold?

Chris: Well Kent I never imagined I would win the 100k prize, but when I logged on first thing in the morning, and I saw I had a mail from yourself saying congratulations you have won the first 100k prize, I was all omg omg I won 100k arghhhh.

It felt goooood, then I had to call the wife over to read the mail to make sure I wasn't still asleep lol, after she confirmed that I won it, I was like a 9 year old on Xmas day, jumping for joy in my seat and just repeating over I won 100k omg, lol, think I'm still a bit hyped now to be honest. I just thought I'd never win the competition, and I'd be lucky to just get the party emote, it was a very good start to the day lol. I cant wait now until I get the party emote so I can use it to celebrate that I won this much gold.

Kent: How did you promote SmallWorlds to get people to join?

Chris: As I thought the best and easiest way to get people to join was through my social networks I started taking screen shots of myself in and around SmallWorlds doing different things and activities then sending the pictures to my friends with a little message of what they could do on the game in relation to the arcade machines, you tube tv's, stereos wearables, etc, etc. and how much fun they could have creating missions and interacting with other players and making new friends. Like I have over the past year and a half. 

Kent: What advice would you give others who are trying to win the second prize we have to give away?

Chris: I don't think there is much I can advise on this Kent. Just to keep asking your friends on all your social networks to accept the invite and not to give up hope. There is still time and a lot can happen on the Internet in a few days. I didn't imagine that I would get 10 people accept my invites so fast. And if any of the people I invited are reading this then a big thank you.  

Kent: What are you going to do with all that Gold?

Chris: For the first few days I think I'll keep it where it is and look at it lol, after that I think ill be getting the friends that I invited to SmallWorlds a wearable from Mysterio's as a thank you, then I'll get Hurtle the Turtle as I've not purchased him yet, then I'll be able to purchase October's collectable when it comes out. Ohh and as I'm being told as I talk to you now Kent by my wife in the background, I'll also be buying her the new collectable lol.  After all that Kent I'll be keeping hold of it and seeing what exciting new things SmallWorlds has for me to spend it on in October.
kent.png

Kent:  Thank you, Chris, and congratulations again!  It's a great move saving some of that Gold to spend October, because I can tell you that it's going to be a VERY exciting month here in SmallWorlds... and we'll have more news about some of what's coming up in an article for you very soon.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 05:50 PM by Happy »

BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:48 PM »

Second 100K Winner Announced.  
Also appears as if the emote is being distributed to those that had 10+ referrals.  

Congratulations Guess Me 2 and All Party Emote Winners!
September 30, 2010 2:30 PM

The final big prize-winner in our Share SmallWorlds competition is Guess Me the Second. Guess Me 2 has won 100,000 Gold!

We've also just given out the Party Emotes to those who were most successful at sharing SmallWorlds during the promotion period.  If you invited people to join, check your in-world mail now.  You might just find a message from me, and a Party Emote in your inventory - a reward and a Thank You for all your hard work!

If you missed out an emote, you may get another chance to win one in the future.  And I would like to offer a very big thank you to everyone who gave the promotion a try.  SmallWorlds is more fun to play with friends, and the whole SmallWorlds team appreciates you inviting yours in-world.

Now here are a few words from Guess Me the Second.  She was delighted to learn she'd won such a big prize - 100,000 Gold.  

Guess Me 2: Omg really me winner I can't believe it. I'm very happy to know me winner of the said contest. Having just the party emote is very well rewarding already! Yay!

Kent: Congratulations!  How does it feel to win that much Gold?

Guess Me 2: 100,000 gold is a lot already for me.  I'm ecstatic and excited!  Can't describe it, winning just party emote is already great and thinking 100,000 gold, wow!

Kent: How did you promote SmallWorlds to get people to join?

Guess Me 2: I remember SmallWorlds organize a contest, best advertisement. I selected the best video and posted them in my myspace and facebook account, and to mostly my friends comments and blog post. Captured my best moment in SmallWorlds and tagged it to them.

Kent: What advice would you give others who are trying to win the second the prize we have to give away?

Guess Me 2: At first, I thought i have no chance in winning, but I never gave up... i devoted my 3 days inviting my friends and posting to there bulletins and blog to promote SmallWorlds... never give up.

Kent: What are you going to do with all that Gold?

Guess Me 2: First I'll buy the monthly wears I missed then save the spare gold for a later purpose...  Thank you very much Kent, made me so happy my patience and hard work paid off.

You're very welcome, and congratulations again!  I do hope you enjoy your emote.

BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 12:55 PM »

In case anyone here felt they earned the emote and did not see it in inventory.

Link to thread w/ quote below from a Moderator: http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=220370

In order to get the party emote, at least 10 of the people you invited had to have joined through your referral link, and they had to verify their email address.

Each time this occurred, you would have received an email indicating that "A user has signed up to SmallWorlds via your link!"

Also be aware that if anyone was found to be muling, those invites were disqualified.

If you received at least 10 of these emails, but you did not receive the party emote, please contact support via this link or email support@smallworlds.com for assistance.

I'm glad to see they were watched for mulers on this promotion.

BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up