VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/9/2010 The Winners of the Best SmallWorlds Advertisement Competition  (Read 4620 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room

The Winners of the Best SmallWorlds Advertisement Competition
September 9, 2010 3:45 PM

Citizens, the many hours of deliberation are over and the judges decision is in! The winner of the Best SmallWorlds Advertisement is Deblin Laffeyette! The 2nd has gone to Oscy Cavanagh, and 3rd place to Jake Coole-r. Thanks so everyone who entered, I've thoroughly enjoyed this competition, and my sincere congratulations to our talented winners!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:58 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
Re: 9/9/2010 The Winners of the Best SmallWorlds Advertisement Competition
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 04:28 PM »

News Story Now Expanded.  Links to the winning videos included:

The Winners of the Best SmallWorlds Advertisement Competition
September 9, 2010 3:45 PM

Greetings, citizens. The competition has ended, and the many long hard hours of deliberation are now over. The winners have been chosen, and I am here to share the exciting news with you all!
kent.png

As always, I must thank everyone who entered. The amount of hard work and creativity that went into all the SmallWorlds advertisements you created was just amazing. After watching so many of them I was feeling the most enthusiastic about SmallWorlds that I have ever, ever felt - you all completely sold me on it!
Your Brief

I wanted to remind you of the brief we gave. It was this brief that guided our final decision.

"Imagine that you are head-of-creative at a virtual worlds PR agency. You've been asked to create a short film or advertisement to showcase SmallWorlds to new or prospective players. We'd like you to create a short film that showcases the best of SmallWorlds - showing off the (imho) best browser-based social entertainment experience on the web. A winning entry will represent what you feel is great about about SmallWorlds and will inspire people to want to take a closer look."

Lets meet the three winners!
1st Place: Deblin Laffeyette  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAhvdUtqaSw&feature=player_embedded

Deblin receives 10,000 Gold + 1 Golden Dan Award
"My reaction to the news: "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh-not enough room to finish sentence-" The excitement didn't kick in until my pup, Aries barked and started dancing. Being the last entry of the competition, I didn't think my advertisement would even come close to other great entries It was pretty much a last minute spur-of-the-moment kind of thing. And I thought, "Why not?" It's so mind-boggling that I don't even know what to do with myself now! All I can say is thank you, I am truly grateful!"

Kent: Deblin, how long did your entry take to complete?

Deblin: Um, not long. I mean it's like the end of the last quarter of a game. Give it all you got before the competition ends. Throw in flying astronauts, jumping animals, random magic fights, etc. It was fun shooting. My friends and I laughed at some of the ideas I had floating between us. The hardest part for me was picking out certain shots that were deemed the best. When I was done, I played it again, and I felt like joining SmallWorlds all over again.

Kent: Any tips for anyone wanting to put together a short film / advertisement?

Deblin: Overall, have fun and enjoy yourself. Doing something is worth more when with friends (and pets). Take notes from others and maybe something great will come to mind. Like a paintbrush, just let the brush flow throughout the board. In the end, all that imagination and creativity will be your masterpiece.

Kent: Well thank you for your wonderful entry - We felt that your entry out of all of them represented the Best of SmallWorlds; we loved its sense of fun, we liked the 'through the rabbit hole'/exploring a new world' theme and that it took it self 'lightly' and emphasized a real sense of fun! I'm awfully pleased to present you with your Golden Dan and your 10,000 Gold!

Deblin: I'd like to give my deepest gratitude to my friends and citizens, especially my inspiration, Jetaime Charm. I'd like to say that 'there's no place like home' - I have no experience in advertising, but what I'd like people to take from it is that SmallWorlds is a place all your own. You make the memories!

2nd Place: Oscy Cavanagh  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDXNb18AmyQ&feature=player_embedded

Oscy receives 7,000 Gold + 1 Golden Dan Award

"I'm......(Speechless, lost of words really).... your not joking right?? i don't know what to say.. i got the biggest smile when reading your mail, i even read it twice in case i misread or something.. XD.. I'd like to say thanks to the staff for choosing my advertisement as second place winner. It's really an honor... wow i still cant believe it! Second, I would like to say thanks to all my friends who supported me all the way, shared the link, and gave a thumbs up.. you guys are the best.. thanks again."

Kent: The best part of competitions for me is when I get to deliver the good news to people like you! Its truly heart warming to get a response like yours! Oscy, what tips if any do you have for movie-makers out there?

Oscy: Imagination and Creativity.. that's all it takes.. don't be afraid to try and let your Creativity do the rest.. impossible is nothing..

Kent: Congratulations once again Oscy, we felt you did an excellent job of communicating our marketing bullet points - thank you!

3rd Place: Jake Coole-r  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qQcZ5YlRsE&feature=player_embedded

Jake receives 4,000 Gold + 1 Golden Dan Award"

"It felt like Christmas. It was a surprise to be one of the winners because it was such a tight competition with many brilliant entries. When I saw the message, I immediately felt honored to represent and be a part of the best online social community on the net. It is amazing to receive the Dan Award, but it feels incredible to show my appreciation to SmallWorlds. Winning the Dan Man was like winning an Oscar, or Golden Globe."

Kent: This was a very well put together piece. We enjoyed the story 'wrapper' very much, and the sci-fi theme was well done with the holograms and sci fi interface overlays.

Jake: The majority of my time was spent thinking, planning, and plotting. And then the explaining of my plan, which I plotted after I thought of it...I had to consider what made SmallWorlds different from other online sites and the benefits of joining the community. It really portrays how SmallWorlds is not just a game for one, but to be shared for all. And the best experience is first-hand. I wanted to show that SmallWorlds is not a small world after all, but an exciting place to virtually interact with others.

Kent: Many thanks Jake and my congratulations to you once again!!

People's Choice Award Winner - Omar Tchaa  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ODmHY1e70&feature=player_embedded

We added in one more prize category half way into the competition - The Peoples Choice Award. This was awarded to the entry with the most "Likes" on YouTube at the close of the competition. The prize has gone to Omar Tchaa! Thanks Omar for getting the word out to so many people - enjoy your Golden Dan prize!

Thanks again everyone, I've enjoyed this competition tremendously!

~ Kent Kronkite

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up