VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/3/2010 The Winners! Best Fantasy Avatar Competition  (Read 4334 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
9/3/2010 The Winners! Best Fantasy Avatar Competition
« on: September 09, 2010, 08:52 PM »

The Winners! Best Fantasy Avatar Competition
September 3, 2010 12:12 PM

Greetings citizens. Our recent best Fantasy Avatar Competition gave you all a chance to indulge in all kinds of wonderful Fantasy looks; all the variations were just wonderful to see!  I am sure you all got lots of ideas for some looks you can try out in the future.

I am a little embarrassed to say that even though I had said there would be three winners, once again I failed to keep within these parameters, and I've chosen another three.  Well, I chose two others and then had to include just one more from one of the entries which made me laugh so much - I created a "Special (Humorous) Commendation Award!"

All winners have received 2500 Gold, and here they are in no particular order.

Jake Zellwegger

"Well I'm just gonna say thanks soooooooooo much! It was really fun to enter! I'd have to say my inspiration came from myself, really. I wanted to make it sort of witch-like at first, but it ended up looking like this cool "tree-elf" type thing! I'd also like to say that "I love fantasy! My favorite fantasy books though are Harry Potter. I wanna thank everyone who added me on my SmallWorlds Facebook too and saw my entry under my photos and liked it! I also want to thank you, Kent, for dealing with all of the interviews like this one ^.^"

Anticephalous Lee

"Inspiration came from the Philippines. We've got lot's of weird things going on there. We have duwende (elf) tikbalang (horse faced man with matching horse legs) then we also have maligno - these are dangerous, they usually play tricks on men sometimes worse. When we're kids, our aunts and uncles used to tell stories about these creatures. What I like most is the elf story. There different kinds of elves. White elf, good elf. Black elf, bad elf. Green elf, usually brings wealth if you make friends with them."

"I really never thought I'd win, joining the contest was more of like "who knows I might win" thing..But not really hoping to win..I've seen what others have created, it's was better than mine. Really happy when i got your mail. Thanks and kudos to all who joined."

Grey Faith

"I'm literally squeaking with excitement! LOL! Since they were first released, I've always adored the new fantasy options for our avatars. I'm one HECK of a fantasy fan in real life and I can't get enough of anything fantasy orientated!

"I've been lacking inspiration for much of anything lately, but this competition has let me flex my virtual "muse" and I'm honestly grateful for the chance to do so. As long as I use the gold to buy some sandpaper to keep my ears reasonably blunt (I don't want to cause the loss of anyone's eyes) I should be okay for more "musing" in the future. Thank you SmallWorlds and I hope to see more fantasy themed items and options available in the future! Woohoo!"

King Cameron

King shared with me that it was Gollum from the Lord of the Rings that provided the inspiration for his entry.

"I focused on his greed for the Ring and how it changed him". King is a really big Fantasy fan, he's especially fond of the Lord Of The Rings, as well as the Merlin series".

King's last message to you all is this: "I'd just like to say participate in every competition you are eligible for." Congratulations King!

Kaydea Hatesyou

I had not yet heard back from Kaydea at time of publishing, but I am quite sure that she'll be excited and enjoying her winnings!

In her original entry, she said "I decided to try and sway from the norm. I made myself a Faun, to me, the epitome of fantasy. I hope my creativity pays off. -crosses fingers-".

Well Kaydea, it most certainly did! Congratulations!

Shea Sarc: Special (Humorous) Commendation Award

When I saw Shea's entry, I really laughed out loud! She has created Julie the Unfortunate Elf!

"I was just trying all sorts of looks, and when one piece fit, I'd try the next. I changed the color scheme a few times, and decided that green was very fanciful. One of the things I noticed was that there were a lot of "pretty" fairies, and I wanted mine to stand out, so I made her a bit more ... unusual. I'm a huge fantasy fan in real life. I've read The Lord of the Rings about 20 times, and am also a big fan of Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series".

"I'd like to encourage all SmallWorlds citizens to keep entering contests, because you never know when you might win! And be creative! SmallWorlds is a wonderful place to expand your talents, writing, painting, decorating, even avatar creation".

Congratulations to all the Winners

Well citizens, we come to the end of another exciting contest.  My congratulations once again to all the winners, and my thanks to all who entered  It was a wonderful expression of Fantasy creation, and really showed the new avatar builder Fantasy options off to brilliant effect.  Some of the faces that you all came up with were just amazing.

Don't forget, if you're looking for some other way to combine your creativity and the Fantasy theme, the Best Fantasy Mission Competition is still open, and I know the Mission Commission would love to see your entry. If you're not a mission creator, perhaps you'd like to check out some of the entries; you could take your Fantasy avatar out to play the Fantasy missions on offer.  Playing a fantasy mission with a Fantasy-themed avatar sounds like fun!

~ Kent Kronkite
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:07 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Pages: [1]   Go Up