VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/9/2010 Come to the Masquerade Ball!  (Read 7373 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
9/9/2010 Come to the Masquerade Ball!
« on: September 09, 2010, 04:17 PM »

Come to the Masquerade Ball!
September 9, 2010 2:16 PM

Hello citizens. If you've often looked wistfully at the high-XP Level Masks in Mysterio's, I have wonderful news!  Today we're releasing some amazing new masks - and four of them are available for those who haven't quite managed to get their XP up to those very high levels.

There are six new masks.  Three are gorgeous Carnival masks, and three are Mexican Wrestler masks. And if you're looking for a suitable event to wear your new mask to, I have more good news. We're holding a Masquerade Ball, and these masks are guaranteed to make you look fantastic!

Two Competitions To Enter!

In preparation for the Masquerade Ball, there are two competitions to enter:

• The Create a Ballroom competition (we'll hold the Masquerade Ball in the winners space).

• The Best Masquerade Outfit competition, judged by Coco SmallWorlds.

Details of both competitions are below.

Carnival Masks

Wear one of these masks and you'll feel transported to a Venetian Masque! These beautifully designed masks have got a fantastic fantastic carnival look and feel don't you think?

They're perfect for wearing at the SmallWorlds Masquerade Ball, and there are three to choose from so really the only problem you'll have is trying to choose which one you want. Then again, why limit yourself to just one? You could always do a mid-Ball costume change!

• The Black Robin Mask requires Social Status Level 5 to wear.  

• The Cloud Carnival Mask requires Social Status Level 10 to wear.

• The Butterfly Parade Mask requires Social Status Level 50 to wear.

Mexican Wrestler Masks

Lucha Libre refers to a form of professional wrestling. These masks have been used since the beginnings of Lucha Libre in the early part of the 20th century. They also have historical significance to Mexico which dates back to the Aztecs.

Modern Lucha Libre masks are typically very colorful and evoke images of gods, ancient heroes, animals and other archetypes. The Luchador (wrestler or fighter) tries to take on the characteristic of the mask during his or her performance.

• You need to be a Level 5 Gamer to wear the Mystery Wrestler Mask  

• You need to be a Level 10 Gamer to wear the Demon Wrestler Mask  

• You need to be a Level 50 Gamer to wear the Night Shadow Wrestler Mask  

The Masquerade Ball: Your Invitation!

When:  
8pm (SWT), Sunday September 19th, 2010

Where:
 See below for details on our Create a Ballroom Competition details. This story will be updated with space URL when winner has been chosen. Details will also be posted on the forums.

What Should I Wear?
 Formal dress and a mask are essential Masquerade Ball requirements!  When you've picked your outfit, don't forget to enter Coco's Best Masquerade Ball Outfit competition (details below).

Who Will I Meet?
Well you'll just have to turn up and see, you just never know who you'll bump into.  I do know that various members of SWHQ will be in attendance.

Win Spot Prizes!  Kent will be there giving out spot prizes to randomly chosen citizens, so do look out for him - he'll be traveling across all instances.  Remember that he may be hard to spot as he'll have a mask on too!

Create A Ballroom Competition

We thought it would be tremendous fun to turn over the creating of the Ballroom over to you. If you think you've got what it takes to create a truly fabulous Ballroom, then we'd like to invite you to enter our 'Create a Ballroom' competition.

If you're chosen as the winner, your space will be used as the official Ballroom and you will be credited as the room's creator, as well as receiving 5000 Gold!

Ownership of the winning space will be temporarily reassigned to Kent Kronkite for a couple of days before the event itself (believe me citizens, he really is a very trustworthy man and will be most careful with your property). He will reassign ownership to you the day after the Masquerade Ball along with a very big "Thank You" - and of course a prize of 5,000 Gold!

How to Enter

1 - Create the best Masquerade Ballroom space you can!

2 - Submit two screen-shots of your space to the official 'Create a Ballroom' Competition forum thread.

3 - Competition closes at Midnight (SWT) Wednesday 15th September

4 - There will be one winner who will be notified by in-world email within 24 hours of the Competition closing, so do keep a close eye on your in-world messages. We'll reassign space ownership after the winner has been chosen.

We'll be announcing the winner of the competition the day before the official event, and this story will be updated with a link to the Masquerade Ball space.

Best Masquerade Ball Outfit Competition

Darlings, when I heard about the Masquerade Ball I knew it was an opportunity not to be missed for a really fun competition!

It's so easy and fun - simply match the Mask of your choice with a fantastic Masquerade outfit, and post a screenshot of your entry to the Official Forum thread.

I'll choose the Best Male and best Female outfits and each will win a prize of 2,000 Gold!

Competition closes on Midnight (SWT) Wednesday 15th September so get your entries in quick, sweeties!

Get up-to-date information on the Masquerade Ball

The best way to make sure you receive up-to-the minute information about the Masquerade Ball is via Facebook and Twitter. You can either Like us on Facebook or follow the Official SmallWorlds Twitter - I think it's best to do both.

Which mask will you choose?

I've been trying on all kinds of outfits and masks in preparation for the Ball, and it's just so very hard to decide what to wear!

Good luck with the two Masquerade Ball competitions, and I am very much looking forward to seeing you at the Ball!

~ Honesty Blaize
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:04 PM by Happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
Re: 9/9/2010 Come to the Masquerade Ball!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 07:38 PM »

Thanks Happy!  The first 2 masks in each of those 2 sets are available for tokens or gold.  The last mask in each set is available for gold only.  The wrestling masks are kinda creepy.  lol.  Sounds like fun, though :)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 04:21 PM »

Update to the times the ball will be open.  Hours extended @ request of players worldwide:
Kent's Quote from this thread: http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=208606&page=9

Hello Citizens

With our global community its so very hard to find a time to suit isn't it! I've been reading all your replies and I've put my thinking cap on very firmly trying to come up with a solution that will make it easier for as many people to attend as possible!

I must say, it's very exciting that the Masquerade Ball is looking to be so popular - I am very much looking forward to it.

What we've decided to do is to open the Masquerade Ball space 1 hour earlier than we had planned, at 7pm (SWT). SmallWorlds staff will turn up at 8pm (SWT) as planned on Sunday 19th so if you want the best chance to meet them, this is the best time to come! They will be traveling across instances.

In addition, we will also leave the Masquerade Ball space open for 24 hours - from 7pm (SWT) Sunday 19th until 7pm (SWT) Monday 20th September. This should give everyone, where-ever you live, a chance to attend!

Staff may drop in at various times over the time that the Ball space is open, so you never know who might be lurking about. I'm certainly looking forward to meeting lots of new friends!

Sincerely,

Kent Kronkite

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 04:51 PM »

Wow!  Thanks for the update, Happy!  I didn't know.  Looking forward to it! :)

Update to the times the ball will be open.  Hours extended @ request of players worldwide:
Kent's Quote from this thread: http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=208606&page=9

Hello Citizens

With our global community its so very hard to find a time to suit isn't it! I've been reading all your replies and I've put my thinking cap on very firmly trying to come up with a solution that will make it easier for as many people to attend as possible!

I must say, it's very exciting that the Masquerade Ball is looking to be so popular - I am very much looking forward to it.

What we've decided to do is to open the Masquerade Ball space 1 hour earlier than we had planned, at 7pm (SWT). SmallWorlds staff will turn up at 8pm (SWT) as planned on Sunday 19th so if you want the best chance to meet them, this is the best time to come! They will be traveling across instances.

In addition, we will also leave the Masquerade Ball space open for 24 hours - from 7pm (SWT) Sunday 19th until 7pm (SWT) Monday 20th September. This should give everyone, where-ever you live, a chance to attend!

Staff may drop in at various times over the time that the Ball space is open, so you never know who might be lurking about. I'm certainly looking forward to meeting lots of new friends!

Sincerely,

Kent Kronkite

mir4mad

• Most colorful posts at VMKnoBS
    And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
    • Miracle For Madison & Friends
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 06:05 AM »

Thanks Happy! Looks like fun and something different. Might have to check it out just to compare it to the VFK ball.
princess hopes the music is better!  :dance: LOL!
 :sos: ok can you explain SWT?

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 11:22 AM »

Thanks Happy! Looks like fun and something different. Might have to check it out just to compare it to the VFK ball.
princess hopes the music is better!  :dance: LOL!
 :sos: ok can you explain SWT?

Right now SWT is the same as EST.  Although I'm not sure if it changes with daylight savings time.  Guess I'll find out soon!  lol.

"00:00" is midnight EST, and marks the beginning of a new SW 'day'.

So far, just the information provided by Small on the ball surpasses VFK by alot.  I'm sure the music will be different than what VFK plays all the time ;)  I doubt there will be fireworks at the end, though.

Seriously, I'm surprised at the amount of information they give out on new items/events compared to VFK.  I've also had some of the best and fastest customer service.  Quite a contrast, to say the least.

If I had to complain, it would be the amount of items that cost 'gold'.  It's a pretty big complaint, too.  lol
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 11:24 AM by flamanar »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 01:37 PM »

Although I'm not sure if it changes with daylight savings time.  Guess I'll find out soon!  lol.

No, SW does not recognize daylight savings time.  SWT always stays the same.  Happy will correct me if I'm wrong though.    ;)
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 01:38 PM »

Although I'm not sure if it changes with daylight savings time.  Guess I'll find out soon!  lol.

It does not change w/ daylight savings.

In world SmallWorlds time (SWT) displays in the top right corner of the screen.  

Here is an article on SWT from the Chronicle: http://www.smallworlds.com/2010/03/13/its-smallworlds-time/

SWT Tip:  SWT is the key to a few things---including the loyalty challenge.  A player's tasks for loyalty must be done 3 consecutive days a week---using SWT.   "Account" "Profile" displays transactions based on local time not SWT.

Seriously, I'm surprised at the amount of information they give out on new items/events compared to VFK.

The Chronicle Newspaper (blog) appears to be updated at least 2 times a week.  I tend to post the main news stories here.  There are many sections I don't post that are worth reading.  The Chronicle seems to be adding to the Help and Tips section too.  

The forums also contain updates---just need to check the sticky posts ---and sift through some spammy stuff.  

SmallWorlds seems to be increasing their presence on FaceBook.  I believe they have 3 official FaceBook pages.  the SmallWorlds App. Page, Kent Kronkite and Dan SmallWorlds.  If adding them be sure to get the exact spelling on Dan's page.  (SmallWorlds) Yes, there are some fakes out there.

I like the way they communicate planned down time. In advance it is posted in system status in the forums, often noted in red on the spin to win page AND when the site is down, they update players on Twitter.  No need to refresh over and over and over again!

amount of items that cost 'gold'.

June 2009 was probably the start of "gold only" with the big conversion of wearable items at Mysterio's from tokens and gold to gold only.  Some players have had success with doing the "offers" "surveys" to earn gold.  I don't take part in them.  Should you decide to give it a try, save copy of the offer completion screen in case there is an issue w/ payment.  From what I have read in the forums---you need proof if there is an issue getting your gold reward---and that is your proof.  

Tip: Creative ways to earn gold
Yes player can buy and resell, sell the loyalty items, do offers, paint and sell, etc.  Here is a more creative way:  Check the competition and events forum.  SW & Players list contests there. Coco's seems to have a style contest each week.  No need to buy the clothes.  Use the "try on" button in Smallwear and take a screen shot. :2thunbs:  Her 2 weekly winners receive 2K gold each.

Hope this helps both of you.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 01:43 PM by Happy »

BitBehindWench

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 02:09 PM »

Thanks Astro and Happy!  I had an idea that DST didn't affect SWT.  That will throw me all out of whack when that happens  :sos:  I'll have to check out that article on SWT.  I do the loyalty religiously now, and always start it right when Sunday night ends and the time turns to 00:00.  I also do my plants religiously as well.  My level is high enough that it's uber-easy to level up now.  I just wish there wasn't a 1200 XP point cap :(  Ah well.  I got all the plants, and am thinking about starting to sell my extra seeds.  I'm getting alot.  LOL.

I have them on my FB account, but just Smallworlds and their App.  I did just add Kent.  Didn't know about Dan, so will have to look him up.  Multiple fakes = yuk!  Their communication does rock!  I've followed them on Twitter during their downtime. They are really in touch with the player.  I like that.  ;)

Their forums are awesome, too.  Some spammy stuff, indeed.  TONS of cool stuff, though!  It's amazing that staff posts in the forums alot.  Again:  in touch with the player.  I've also found most of the mission creators to be EXTREMELY kind and helpful when I get...erm....stuck.  LOL :)

I'll have to check out that gold tip.  I've found alot of items are really expensive...on top of being 'gold only'.  I can do the offers (I used to be a member of 'freedvds.com' years ago...same exact principle) because I'm familiar with the 'CYA' involved with doing them.  I just don't want to be bothered right now with it.  Maybe later on I'll dip my feet in the water.

Thanks for the awesome information and tips!

(hugs) :)

mir4mad

• Most colorful posts at VMKnoBS
    And I know!!!
  • Fireworks Magic
  • Believe in miracles!
    • Miracle For Madison & Friends
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 05:40 PM »

:yourock:
 :2thunbs:
You guys ROCK! THANKS Happy, Flamanar and Astro for all the helpful info and for keeping me updated on everything
inworld! Maybe we will see some of you at the ball!!
 :drinkingtoast:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 05:43 PM »

:yourock:
 :2thunbs:
You guys ROCK! THANKS Happy, Flamanar and Astro for all the helpful info and for keeping me updated on everything
inworld! Maybe we will see some of you at the ball!!
 :drinkingtoast:

That would be cool!  Not sure if it's possible, since there's going to be multiple instances of the ballroom, but it will be cool to try ;)

:drinkingtoast2:
Pages: [1]   Go Up